Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not seeing anything from the flash sale I want, but I was happy to get an e-mail from Amazon showing the 3D blu ray for Predator is on sale for $10. I also picked up the 3D blu ray for Jurassic Park ($15). Both come with the standard blu ray disc, and I only had them on dvd.

Maybe I'll get Gunjack. It doesn't look that interesting, but it's only $2.00.

Lifted this from Reddit:

Falsh Sale Ends 21st May 2018 3:00PM GMT/1PM EDT

Title Price
Arizona Sunshine $15.99
Bound $7.99
Dick Wilde $5.99
Catlateral Damage $2.99
Gunjack $1.99
Here They Lie $7.99
Pierhead Arcade $5.99
Star Wars: Battlefront (Free VR Mission)$7.49
VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club $7.99

...It looks a mess, but I ain't no Frisky.

I played Gunjack a bit after watching Predator in 3D. It's a little odd for the VR experience to have the entire cockpit move with your head movement, but it makes it very easy to aim around a 180 degree area. It seems like a solid game that is worth it's $2.00 sale price. Even it's regular $5.00 price is pretty good.

When I started Predator I didn't seem to have the drifting problem. I then started going back and forth between the movie and the dashboard to change the picture size. I wanted to see which size looks better; I like large best. I then got the drifting problem. I took off my headset to go to the bathroom, and when I came back the drifting was gone. I had left the screen on the movie on pause. If you have drifting maybe leaving the video on pause and taking the headset off for a bit will help.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/21/rec-room-for-ps-vr-gets-free-new-rec-royale-mode-june-7/

Rec Room is getting a Rec Royale mode on 6/7 with up to 16 players in a national park map:

Rec Royale launches on Thursday, June 7 and will pit 16 players against each other in the wilds of a national park. The landscape holds summer camps, mountains, forests, outposts, ravines, lakes, and tons of loot for scavenging. To hold all of that loot we’ve added a new backpack system for quick swapping and storing multiple weapons and power-ups. Like all Rec Room activities, it will be cross platform and free. Players logging in with PlayStation Plus will receive an exclusive paintball burst rifle skin, but Rec Room does not require PlayStation Plus.

If you’d like an early peek at Rec Royale there will be a public alpha test for players with a registered Rec Room account from Friday May 25 to Sunday May 27. We would love to hear your feedback during this public testing phase via the Rec Room subreddit and Discord server.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/21/wipeout-omega-collection-demo-now-available-on-ps4/

There will be a demo for the Wipeout Omega Collection tomorrow to let you try out the VR mode.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/21/anybody-can-make-a-game-in-dreams-no-really/

Justin Massongill wrote up impressions of Dreams, which is Media Molecule's new game. It'll have PSVR support for creation, though it wasn't a part of the demo he played.

Did anyone play Obduction yet in VR?  I was a huge Myst fan back in the day but I was really too young to solve any of the puzzles back then, but I still loved the world.  I'm curious how Obduction is in VR.

Did anyone play Obduction yet in VR? I was a huge Myst fan back in the day but I was really too young to solve any of the puzzles back then, but I still loved the world. I'm curious how Obduction is in VR.
Not good. It's a pretty big effort so they killed the resolution and added loading to the open world. It's a fully featured AA game which is in short supply but I'd say you would need to measure your desire against a pretty mediocre VR implementation.

Did anyone play Obduction yet in VR? I was a huge Myst fan back in the day but I was really too young to solve any of the puzzles back then, but I still loved the world. I'm curious how Obduction is in VR.
I have not tried it in VR, but the game is awesome in non-vr mode. If you liked Myst, you will like Obduction. The world and story are both very intriguing. I would says its worth a purchase even if you never play it in VR.

PS+ prices valid till 6/5:

Apex Construct $22.49
Arizona Sunshine $19.99
ATV Drift & Tricks $12.49
Batman: Arkham VR $11.99
Blasters of the Universe $7.49
Discovery $8.99
Don't Knock Twice $9.99
EVE: Valkyrie - Warzone $14.99
The Invisible Hours $14.99
Knockout League $17.09
Light Tracer $7.49
Out of Ammo $7.49
Pirate Flight VR $4.49
Radial-G: Racing Revolved $7.49
Rollercoaster Legends $3.99
Sparc $14.99
StarDrone $4.79
VRFC: Virtual Reality Football Club $5.99

Several new PSVR releases this week. Coupled with the 20% off code, I might take a chance.

Along Together $14.99
Black Hat Cooperative $9.99
The Perfect Sniper $14.99
To the Top $19.99
Wraith $9.99

Maybe Along Together can be the new Moss???  :roll:

It really irks me how Sony keeps having these PS Plus-only sales.  There are a number of games on that list that I would buy right now if they were on sale for everyone, but I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

I may not be a Plus subscriber, but I'm still a valuable Sony customer who has invested a lot of money in them.  If they want to give Plus members extra discounts, that makes sense.  But to exclude people from your sales is just plain stupid.  I absolutely refuse to give into these cheap tactics in an attempt to get people to pay for Plus.

Next generation, I may just go with Xbox.

It really irks me how Sony keeps having these PS Plus-only sales. There are a number of games on that list that I would buy right now if they were on sale for everyone, but I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

I may not be a Plus subscriber, but I'm still a valuable Sony customer who has invested a lot of money in them. If they want to give Plus members extra discounts, that makes sense. But to exclude people from your sales is just plain stupid. I absolutely refuse to give into these cheap tactics in an attempt to get people to pay for Plus.

If you dislike this practice isn't Xbox worse?

Here are the new deals for today:

Along Together - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/12

Apex Construct - $22.49 - 25% Off - Ends 6/5

Arizona Sunshine - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5

ATV Drift & Tricks - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/5
Blasters of the Universe - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Discovery - $8.99 - 25% Off - Ends 6/5
Don’t Knock Twice - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
The Invisible Hours - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Light Tracer - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Out of Ammo - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
Pirate Flight - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 6/12
Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
RollerCoaster Legends - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 6/5
Sparc - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/5
StarDrone - $4.79 - 40% Off - Ends 6/5
VRFC Virtual Reality Football Club - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/5

New Releases:

Black Hat Cooperative - $9.99
The Perfect Sniper - $14.99
To The Top - $19.99
Wraith VR - $9.99

I honestly don't know. Is it worse? I don't see how it could be.
Xbox does the same thing.

It's just one of the "perks" they tout to get people to go Gold, or stay Gold.

And how much you wanna bet when N has their online service in the fall.. they will have subscriber only sales/deals.

Man, Arkham VR sure is stubborn with going 40% off. I suppose I'll finally get it now that I also have a 20% off code that will make it 52% off. Since it has Arkham in the title does it's story tie in to the other Arkham games? I have Asylum, City, and Knight in my backlog.

And I'll get Arizona Sunshine. I hope to get an Aim controller during the Days of Play sale. Four Gamestops near me have some in stock.

Make sure you research Batman VR before you buy. (Has to be a spoiler free youtube video out there)

More of a detective game, still great for what it is.. but it's not an action game in VR.

I want to say the physical version was $10? a few times, I kind of remember me grabbing it from BB under or right at $10.

It's a damn good experience for what it is.

Man, Arkham VR sure is stubborn with going 40% off. I suppose I'll finally get it now that I also have a 20% off code that will make it 52% off. Since it has Arkham in the title does it's story tie in to the other Arkham games? I have Asylum, City, and Knight in my backlog.
Storywise, it’s a prequel to Arkham Knight, but you don’t really have to know anything about the other games to enjoy it.

Thanks for the Arkham VR replies. Yeah, I heard it's more Batman being a detective than fighting. That doesn't put me off. And I almost always see it make the lists of must-play PSVR games.

I think I have most must-haves. I'm missing Farpoint, but I plan on getting it for $15 during that Days of Play sale. I'll get it digital if PSN has the same price. If it doesn't my Gamestops with the Aim controllers also have it.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-is-back-new-limited-edition-ps4-11-days-of-deals/

PSVR bundles will be $199.99 and $249.99 starting on 6/8.

Hardware and peripheral discounts throughout the 11 days include (all prices MSRP):
  • PlayStation VR bundles – starting at $199.99 USD / $249.99 CDN
  • PlayStation Move motion controller (2 pack) – $79.99 USD / $99.99 CDN
  • PlayStation VR Aim controller (US only) – $49.99 USD
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer
We’ll have great deals on some of our biggest PS4 and PS VR titles, as well:

• Gran Turismo Sport: $19.99 USD / $29.99 CDN
  • Bravo Team (PS VR): $29.99 USD / $39.99 CDN
  • Farpoint (PS VR): $14.99 USD/ $19.99 CDN
  • The Inpatient (PS VR): $14.99 USD / $19.99 CDN
What’s more, PlayStation Store will be offering promotions on popular games and network service memberships starting June 8 as well. Here are the offerings:

• PlayStation Plus – $49.99 USD / $59.99 CDN for a 12-Month PS Plus membership (terms & conditions here)
  • PlayStation Vue (available in the US only) – $10 USD per month off the Core plan standard price for the first two months ($44.99 USD per month thereafter) – learn more
  • PlayStation Store catalog titles

It really irks me how Sony keeps having these PS Plus-only sales. There are a number of games on that list that I would buy right now if they were on sale for everyone, but I guess Sony doesn't want my money.

I may not be a Plus subscriber, but I'm still a valuable Sony customer who has invested a lot of money in them. If they want to give Plus members extra discounts, that makes sense. But to exclude people from your sales is just plain stupid. I absolutely refuse to give into these cheap tactics in an attempt to get people to pay for Plus.

as a ps+ subscriber, I would be kinda upset if there wasn't special deals for us honestly

There are special deals.  PS+ members usually get deeper discounts on games that are on sale.  But lately, there have been a lot of PS Plus-Only sales which I don't agree with.

Is this a joke post? You are not a paying member and you are angry about not being included in members-only sales?

Not a single person buys PS Plus for the discounts lol, they buy it for online play and maybe the games you get with it every month. These sales are simply perks that go a long with being a member, just like any membership perk from any membership in the history of memberships. It's like a VIP room. You cough up the money, you get the special treatment. This is like literally the most basic concept of what a paid membership is, and I can't believe I even having to explain this to you. I cannot wrap my head around your complaint, you come off so entitled.

Paid Membership clubs = Members get things that non-paying people do not get.

Is this a joke post? You are not a paying member and you are angry about not being included in members-only sales?

Not a single person buys PS Plus for the discounts lol, they buy it for online play and maybe the games you get with it every month. These sales are simply perks that go a long with being a member, just like any membership perk from any membership in the history of memberships. It's like a VIP room. You cough up the money, you get the special treatment. This is like literally the most basic concept of what a paid membership is, and I can't believe I even having to explain this to you. I cannot wrap my head around your complaint, you come off so entitled.

I'm not angry about not being included in member-only sales. I'm bothered by the fact that companies, such as Sony and Amazon, use these cheap ploys in an attempt to get people to sign up for their paid service option. I am not a member, and the fact that they do this makes me want to become a member even less.

I'm not angry about not being included in member-only sales. I'm bothered by the fact that companies, such as Sony and Amazon, use these cheap ploys in an attempt to get people to sign up for their paid service option. I am not a member, and the fact that they do this makes me want to become a member even less.
Cheap ployes? Giving promised perks for a payed membership is a cheap ploy? They have always promised ps plus only sales

d44.gif

While I largely agree with what you are saying there are definitely people who join for the sales. I am confident I save more in sales than I spend on PS+, though the free games are why I joined. I never play online games and it seems silly to me to pay a fee to play the games I already own.

It's going to seem silly, but I joined PS+ for cloud saves.  This was a few months after PS+ launched, I was given a 30-day free trial or something, and I tried it out, and loved the fact that I could backup save files to the cloud that were "locked" and you weren't allowed to backup via USB.

Then some time before the month was over, Target made a major boo-boo in one of their Sunday ads.  They had PS+ cards on sale and used a picture of the 1 Year Card, but put a price of $10 (which was supposed to be for the 1 month card.)  I grabbed five cards from the shelf, took it to the register, and when it rang up "wrong" I had to show it to them in their flyer.  The manager overrode it, so I got five years for $50.

The cloud saving still continued to be pretty cool, but I stuck around for the sales.  Even though I prefer physical games to downloadables, there's still a lot of DLC and PSN-only games I buy, and I do enjoy a game over Overwatch every now and again.  I never download their free monthly PS+ games as I prefer to buy my games so I can still play them if my plus ever does expire, but the sales definitely pay for the cost of the service.

Man I haven't even touched PSVR since God of War came out.  I've finished the story mode but there is so much content I'm still playing that game.  I need to get back into Wipeout though that game was so awesome!

I hope we see some really cool and new stuff for PSVR at E3.

Slowly raises hand to say “I subscribe to PS+ mainly for the Instant Game Collection and exclusive sales”. If you’re an active PlayStation gamer/purchaser the discounts alone easily cover the subscription price.

Can’t even remember the last time I used PS+ for online multiplayer games.

Job Simulator PS4 available at Gamestop:

Code:
Rochester Crossing - Rochester, NH 03839 - PreOwned
Rivertown Square - New Bern, NC 28562 - PreOwned
Vestal Plaza - Vestal, NY 13850 - PreOwned
Cicero Market S/C - Cicero, NY 13039 - PreOwned
Wards Crossing - LYNCHBURG, VA 24502 - PreOwned
Country Clb Ml - Cumberland, MD 21502 - PreOwned
Walden Galleria - BUFFALO, NY 14225 - NEW
Gaffney Plaza - Gaffney, SC 29341 - PreOwned
Blue Bell SWM - New Philadelphia, OH 44663 - PreOwned
Lakeland Sq S/C - LAKELAND, FL 33809 - PreOwned
Winter Haven - Winter Haven, FL 33880 - PreOwned
Vidallia S/C - Vidalia, GA 30474 - PreOwned
SWM Jackson - Jackson, OH 45640 - PreOwned
Eastland Towne Ctr - MARION, OH 43302 - PreOwned
Marketplace 411 - Maryville, TN 37801 - PreOwned
Hunters Crossing - Alcoa, TN 37701 - PreOwned
Galleria of Calloway - Callaway, FL 32404 - PreOwned
Radcliff S/C - Radcliff, KY 40160 - PreOwned
South Jackson SWM - Jackson, TN 38301 - PreOwned
New Albany SWM - New Albany, MS 38652 - PreOwned
Harwood Commons - Harwood Heights, IL 60706 - PreOwned
Townline Plaza S/C - Peoria, IL 61615 - PreOwned
College Drive S/C - BATON ROUGE, LA 70808 - PreOwned
Natchez Mall - Natchez, MS 39120 - PreOwned
Marksville Sears S/C - Mansura, LA 71350 - PreOwned
Magnolia Plaza - Magnolia, AR 71753 - PreOwned
Kings Crossing - Shreveport, LA 71105 - PreOwned
SWM Yankton - Yankton, SD 57078 - PreOwned
SWM Southland - Chickasha, OK 73018 - PreOwned
SWM Aberdeen - Aberdeen, SD 57401 - PreOwned
Garden City Plaza - GARDEN CITY, KS 67846 - PreOwned
Midland Gateway Ctr - Midland, TX 79701 - PreOwned
Tooele Landing - Tooele, UT 84074 - PreOwned
Yuma Palms GS - YUMA, AZ 85365 - PreOwned
San Jose Marketplace - San Jose, CA 95110 - PreOwned

Job Simulator PS4 available at Gamestop:

Rochester Crossing - Rochester, NH 03839 - PreOwned
Rivertown Square - New Bern, NC 28562 - PreOwned
Vestal Plaza - Vestal, NY 13850 - PreOwned
Cicero Market S/C - Cicero, NY 13039 - PreOwned
Wards Crossing - LYNCHBURG, VA 24502 - PreOwned
Country Clb Ml - Cumberland, MD 21502 - PreOwned
Walden Galleria - BUFFALO, NY 14225 - NEW
Gaffney Plaza - Gaffney, SC 29341 - PreOwned
Blue Bell SWM - New Philadelphia, OH 44663 - PreOwned
Lakeland Sq S/C - LAKELAND, FL 33809 - PreOwned
Winter Haven - Winter Haven, FL 33880 - PreOwned
Vidallia S/C - Vidalia, GA 30474 - PreOwned
SWM Jackson - Jackson, OH 45640 - PreOwned
Eastland Towne Ctr - MARION, OH 43302 - PreOwned
Marketplace 411 - Maryville, TN 37801 - PreOwned
Hunters Crossing - Alcoa, TN 37701 - PreOwned
Galleria of Calloway - Callaway, FL 32404 - PreOwned
Radcliff S/C - Radcliff, KY 40160 - PreOwned
South Jackson SWM - Jackson, TN 38301 - PreOwned
New Albany SWM - New Albany, MS 38652 - PreOwned
Harwood Commons - Harwood Heights, IL 60706 - PreOwned
Townline Plaza S/C - Peoria, IL 61615 - PreOwned
College Drive S/C - BATON ROUGE, LA 70808 - PreOwned
Natchez Mall - Natchez, MS 39120 - PreOwned
Marksville Sears S/C - Mansura, LA 71350 - PreOwned
Magnolia Plaza - Magnolia, AR 71753 - PreOwned
Kings Crossing - Shreveport, LA 71105 - PreOwned
SWM Yankton - Yankton, SD 57078 - PreOwned
SWM Southland - Chickasha, OK 73018 - PreOwned
SWM Aberdeen - Aberdeen, SD 57401 - PreOwned
Garden City Plaza - GARDEN CITY, KS 67846 - PreOwned
Midland Gateway Ctr - Midland, TX 79701 - PreOwned
Tooele Landing - Tooele, UT 84074 - PreOwned
Yuma Palms GS - YUMA, AZ 85365 - PreOwned
San Jose Marketplace - San Jose, CA 95110 - PreOwned
Damn, that's not a lot

Think I'm going to dump my V1 headset at Gamestop to pick up V2 during days of play, looks like the Doom bundle will be $199.

bread's done
Back