Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, can confirm!  I just ordered the Skyrim bundle for shipping on Best Buy.  :)

Stand-alone headsets are down to $200, too, but they're the V1s. 

I placed my order for the standalone v1 headset a few minutes ago, using a ton of BBY credit, so my total was only $31.xx shipped! Woooo!

Hmm, Game Informer was not a fan.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_vr/b/playstationvr/archive/2017/11/18/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-playstation-vr-game-informer-review.aspx

I used to think Game Informer was incapable of giving a game a score less than 8.

Anyway, I love how Sony makes me choose between a $200 headset that fails to support a significant feature (HDR passthrough) and a $350 bundle with a bunch of hardware I already have (Move, camera) and an apparently mediocre game. It's as if they've hired someone specifically to strategize how they can be as annoying as possible. Probably the same enlightened individual who removed optical audio out from the slim.

Hmm, Game Informer was not a fan.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/the_elder_scrolls_v_skyrim_vr/b/playstationvr/archive/2017/11/18/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-playstation-vr-game-informer-review.aspx

I used to think Game Informer was incapable of giving a game a score less than 8.

Anyway, I love how Sony makes me choose between a $200 headset that fails to support a significant feature (HDR passthrough) and a $350 bundle with a bunch of hardware I already have (Move, camera) and an apparently mediocre game. It's as if they've hired someone specifically to strategize how they can be as annoying as possible. Probably the same enlightened individual who removed optical audio out from the slim.
I'm going to wait til the new headset is sold by itself for $200 probably be a little after Christmas if not sooner. I'm sure the old ones will will go quick at $200 so the wait shouldn't be long.

I'm going to wait til the new headset is sold by itself for $200 probably be a little after Christmas if not sooner. I'm sure the old ones will will go quick at $200 so the wait shouldn't be long.
Darn it. I already have the camera and move controllers. I was just about sold on the $199.99 base model until I learned about the differences with version 2. Why hasn't there been a standalone release for V2?

Newegg has the bundles and base headset up at $100 off too, if you'd rather order them there.  :)

Darn it. I already have the camera and move controllers. I was just about sold on the $199.99 base model until I learned about the differences with version 2. Why hasn't there been a standalone release for V2?
To sell off the versions 1. Might wait on the PS VR until I see a good VR game bundled with it like RES 7.

To sell off the versions 1. Might wait on the PS VR until I see a good VR game bundled with it like RES 7.
You're probably right. I hope it happens. I don't mind waiting. I'm a little worried I'll wait too long and never see a deal like this again, but like a true cag I spend more time hunting gaming deals than playing games. Hopefully it happens again.

Even if there is a RE7 bundle, that wouldn't interest me because I placed an order for the RE7 Gold version when there was a BB price glitch selling it for $23.99 after GCU. I'm assuming the gold version will have the VR mode also.

If I'm okay with plugging and unplugging my psvr headset because of the HDR issue is there any real reason to spend the money to get he newer headset? I am looking at the skyrim bundle because I don't have the move controllers or camera. But if the $200 headset is all I need for most games I would rather just get that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The $100 discount is from Sony passed to the retailers, not from the retailers themselves. I'm not sure if there is any previous case that Sony will do it again other than BF. After V1 is cleared out, you might not see such discount again any sooner.

If I'm okay with plugging and unplugging my psvr headset because of the HDR issue is there any real reason to spend the money to get he newer headset? I am looking at the skyrim bundle because I don't have the move controllers or camera. But if the $200 headset is all I need for most games I would rather just get that.

This has been asked so many times. You NEED camera, the headset will not work without it. Move controllers are optional but SOME games can only be played with them.

The camera is what tracks the headset and controllers and is 100% necessary for it to even function. The move controllers i highly recommend just because it makes the games that use them 100 times more fun and immersive.
The Aim controller is great as well, but has a much smaller number of games that support it currently.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-bundle/6131108.p?skuId=6131108

Best Buy has the Skyrim VR bundle up now for $349.99. No in-store pick-up from the site, unfortunately.

There's also a PSVR Worlds bundle with the Moves, camera, and game if you don't care about getting the newest headset but still want the rest of the items:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vr-bundle/5727203.p?skuId=5727203
The VR Worlds bundle is not worth it. It comes with the old hardware and a game that you can buy for $10 at Best Buy right now. Skyrim is a $60 game and comes with the new hardware.

Got the Skyrim bundle from Gamestop. Took advantage of cashback and the pro points. It appears that most retailers have opened the sale up today.

Do the micro USB move controllers still have 2 metal contacts at the bottom? If they still have them, shouldn't be an issue. A proper move controller charging stand should use those contacts, not a the USB port.
Yes they still have the metal contacts and work perfect with the charging station I picked up at Fry's for $35.

I have Samsung KS8000 and PS4 Pro. I also have first generation PS4 camera and 2 PS3 move controllers. Should I get the Skyrim bundle or just wait for V2 model to go on sale for $199 next year? 

Just grabbed Skyrim PSVR bundle at Best Buy near me.  The only had 1 out on the floor and I didn't see anymore behind the counter when I paid.  They had some of the VR Bundles around though.  The BB near my job when I went in last Thursday had like 40+ GT bundles and headsets galore.  It was like a night and day difference as far as quantity goes.

Played a bit over an hour of Skyrim VR and it was really cool. There is the obvious stuff like being able to have two independent hands that can attack in any direction, at least in front of you, that is a big thing to make this a cool way to play the game. I tried out the free locomotion option and went back to teleport after a few minutes because I could feel the beginning of nausea issues with that.

One thing I tried in the video that I'll have up tomorrow is getting over-encumbered, which only limits your teleport to the very short "walk" distance that doesn't use any stamina. You can basically get around much faster than normal controller slow walking allows with this infinite walk teleport, so it's almost like you could just hold everything without much punishment. That's pretty huge.

Thanks for correcting me!

Hmmm, interesting. So if I already have the Move controllers and Camera but want the V2 Headset it makes more sense to get the Doom bundle and buy Skyrim game by itself. Best Buy is showing it as $100 off but coming soon. GS has it listed at retail price $399.

Ughhhh I really want to upgrade my V1 to the V2. Trying to plan my mode of attack

Anyone know how to adjust the volume on the built in headphones for the v2 headset?  It seemed pretty damn low and I tried turning up the volume on my receiver but that didn't change anything.  I had to mute my receiver actually because I could hear it over my headphones.

Anyone know how to adjust the volume on the built in headphones for the v2 headset? It seemed pretty damn low and I tried turning up the volume on my receiver but that didn't change anything. I had to mute my receiver actually because I could hear it over my headphones.

There is a 3 button volume rocker under the headset. This controls the volume of the headset and the microphone mute button. Huge difference from the control panel that is attached to the main wire off the headset. I didn’t even notice the cable coming off the new version.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/7dqxne/psvr_11_vs_psvr_10/

so all the new bundles come with the new version psvr? correct? deciding if i should get the new version or not. thanks
Only the Skyrim and the Doom(available 12/1) Bundles have V2 headset.

The $199 Headset, VR Worlds bundle and GT Sport Bundle all are V1

Doom VFR bundle is up for pre-order at $300 at Target.com

https://www.target.com/p/playstation-vr-doom-vfr-bundle/-/A-53018069#lnk=sametab

Going to return my Skyrim bundle one I get it. Too late to cancel.
hmm... I'm not expecting this as Sony has only announced $100 off the other 2 bundles for BF, and Doom bundle should only be available after the BF sale period ends. Wonder if it's a glitch when Target added the product.

I'm planning to resell the Move Controllers from Skyrim, if I can get more than $70 from that (hope new micro usb model will help), I will keep the Skyrim bundle as I already have regular Doom on PC and PS3 Move.

hmm... I'm not expecting this as Sony has only announced $100 off the other 2 bundles for BF, and Doom bundle should only be available after the BF sale period ends. Wonder if it's a glitch when Target added the product.

I'm planning to resell the Move Controllers from Skyrim, if I can get more than $70 from that (hope new micro usb model will help), I will keep the Skyrim bundle as I already have regular Doom on PC and PS3 Move.
Doom VFR is a completely different game.

I dunno, that bundle doesn't seem like a good price at all.

headset = $200 right now

camera = $40

Doom = $30
You're right. Probably the only reason is the headset in the bundle is V2 or if one prefers Doom over Skyrim.

Only the Skyrim and the Doom(available 12/1) Bundles have V2 headset.

The $199 Headset, VR Worlds bundle and GT Sport Bundle all are V1
thanks i thought the $199 headset was at least v2. i guess i should get the skyrim bundle now, since the doom bundle doesn't seem worth it.

Yeah i dont really care about Skyrim. Wanted it for doom only. Feel like I can get Skyrim and controllers later for way cheaper if I feel like.

But then again I have two bundles coming in now. Guess I can decide then.

Good to those not in CA. I'm still looking for an online retailer doing the discount not charging CA tax.
Finally B&H joined the discounting retailers :) So if you are in CA and not planning to return it to store, you can get the Skyrim bundle like $14 cheaper than Target w/ Red Card.

Wait does V2 fox this? I hate having the vr unplugged and having to replug it with my 4k...?

I saw a video of Doom VFR game play, the guy kept teleporting to the back of the monsters to shoot them from behind... I was like that's how the game should play?
DOOM VFR is different in that the story takes place before the normal game, so you're not playing as Doomguy

DOOM VFR is different in that the story takes place before the normal game, so you're not playing as Doomguy
ic...it's a hard decision for me to get it to play on PS4 with Aim controller or better graphics on PC VR.

bread's done
Back