Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.
I'm wondering if they're removing the $1 incentive. I placed an order for three blus and a ps4 game on Sunday, I always do it the correct way to make it show, but it wasn't offered on any of my items this time. I figured "screw them, I'll just have it shipped then." Saves me the trip.

The new deals on PSVR games this week:

Werewolves Within - $12.89 - 57% Off - $9.89 - 67% Off - Ends 1/30
Werewolves is single-handedly my favorite PSVR game and it probably justified my PSVR purchase alone. If you have VR and don’t have WW, you need to get it, especially at less than $10. It’s a fantastically fun game! Buy it now!

Edit: I already have it physically but I’m also gonna buy it digitally so I don’t have to deal with swapping discs with my VR headset on.

I got the Farpoint Aim bundle via Newegg, and I tried it out last night. That opening scene was pretty awesome and it really showcases the VRs potential for story telling without being gimmicky. That said, once the actual game started, I really did get motion sickness. Right when I got to those first spider-thingys. Oh well, hopefully my body/brain will adjust if I keep trying little by little

I got the Farpoint Aim bundle via Newegg, and I tried it out last night. That opening scene was pretty awesome and it really showcases the VRs potential for story telling without being gimmicky. That said, once the actual game started, I really did get motion sickness. Right when I got to those first spider-thingys. Oh well, hopefully my body/brain will adjust if I keep trying little by little
It's kinda weird how different people seem to get sick from different games. There are a few outliers, but for the most part the general consensus seems to be that if you are new to VR you should probably start with the games that have you sitting in a cockpit or a seat or something, maybe an on-rails or static position type as opposed to the full locomotion FPS stuff like Farpoint and Resident Evil.

When I first got my VR I never got sick from Rush of Blood or Battlezone, but RE7 with full locomotion made me slightly nauseous the first couple times. I eventually got used to it.

All the hype for Werewolves makes me wonder...

Have you all played the game Werewolves, or Mafia in RL before?

I wonder if it is merely being exposed to the great world of social deduction games that is causing the excitement....  VR is better then nothing, but no where as exciting as RL werewolves/mafia.  :)  

It's kinda weird how different people seem to get sick from different games. There are a few outliers, but for the most part the general consensus seems to be that if you are new to VR you should probably start with the games that have you sitting in a cockpit or a seat or something, maybe an on-rails or static position type as opposed to the full locomotion FPS stuff like Farpoint and Resident Evil.

When I first got my VR I never got sick from Rush of Blood or Battlezone, but RE7 with full locomotion made me slightly nauseous the first couple times. I eventually got used to it.
yeah it's weird. For the most part, I haven't had much issues. VR World luge didn't bother me, which a lot of people seem to have problems with. The Last Guardian demo got me a little, and Farpoint did it for me pretty early on.

To get the $1 off, choose the shipping option as the delivery method in your shopping cart. Then proceed to checkout. On the next screen the $1 off option should pop up if it's in stock at your local stores. I've had some blurays lately not have the $1 off option though, so I'm curious if BB is messing with the website lately.
It does not work on all product and it didn't work on VR storage case for me.

why? he even admits he didn't get too far
I guess because it was written from the view of a fan of Until Dawn and it still holds out a sense of wonder for VR capabilities. I’ve been easily impressed so far. Actually having a body in-game and the talking bit (as well as making choices that matter) seems like an extra level of immersion I haven’t experienced before. I’m prepared to accept its flaws since there doesn’t seem to be a lot like it in VR yet... Just maybe not for $40.

It does not work on all product and it didn't work on VR storage case for me.
Yep, didn’t work for me either. Those cunts.

I get motion sickness in real life pretty easy so I was amazed that I wasn’t getting sick from vr, though I was mostly playing demos at first. I played the tutorial of Doom, the Spider-Man homecoming experience, and many of the demo disc 1. No problem Doom, Spider-Man, Thumper, Rez or Kitchen and threre were a few more that I don’t remember. I was feeling pretty good about vr until I loaded up the full game of Rush of Blood. I played through the first level and was hot, sweaty, got a migraine and was almost ready to throw up. I went to bed about 2 hours early that night, which was immediately after the level was over. Later, on a different day, I tried Farpoint. I got past the little spiders and to the big bugs before I started to feel the effects and had to stop before it got out of control. Not nearly as bad as Rush of Blood and it didn’t hit me as fast, kind of just slowly set in the longer I played. Unfortunately I don’t think I made it to a checkpoint but I hope I did because I may never be able to finish it if I have to keep quitting to keep from getting sick. I haven’t been back to it to yet to check

The roller coaster part in Rush of Blood really got to me.  I haven't played that game past the first level.  That was a while ago though.  I've played a lot of RE7 and I can tell that I don't "feel" much like I did when I first started it.  I kept on the segmented turning controls in RE7 instead of the smooth and like it a lot better.  

Farpoint comes tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll have time to play it tomorrow.  I also haven't loaded up Doom yet so I'll have to see how that makes me feel.  I've been playing a lot of Mario Odyssey but last night got all of the moons (well all of the ones you don't buy, haven't gotten all of those yet) but I plan on playing RE7 more so I can finish it then move onto another game.  I think I'm probably like 75% done with RE7 if I had to guess just based on the time I've put into it.

The games that make me sick are the ones with 360 free range movement (RIGS, Starblood Arena, VR Worlds: Scavenger’s Odyssey) and smooth locomotion (Doom with left stick movement on, Bound, VR Worlds: Luge). Also The Persistence demo on Demo Disc 2 for some odd reason (though I might have still been gaining my VR legs then). Never had any problem with Rush of Blood or the Last Guardian VR or anything like that. Farpoint shipped today before I could cancel it (there goes another week of food), so I really hope I do not end up regretting that purchase further. Something about full locomotion at a fast pace (I didn’t experience it with the RE7:BH teaser) seems to twist my stomach in knots, but it’s hard to predict what will affect me.

I wonder if PS Pro performance makes any difference in that regard. I have the non-Pro version.

Locomotion is where you kind of point where you want to go, press a button, and you go there right?  RE7 has that option for controls?

No, that’s teleportation. I meant the normal, smooth movement. I think that’s the only option Farpoint has?

No, that’s teleportation. I meant the normal, smooth movement. I think that’s the only option Farpoint has?
Oh okay I didn't realize that locomotion just meant moving from point A to point B in VR lol. I thought it was a type of moving.
Farpoint doesn't have teleportation, only have smooth moving forward and backward while using the head to control direction. However, smooth forward/backward is usually less a problem than smooth rotation not using the head

In Farpoint, you use your head to change direction, but you can also enable the option (default is disabled) to use the thumbstick, either smooth, instant small degree or big degree. I tried small degree and big degree, while it didn't cause any nausea, it's very odd to me as we don't see thing like that. So, I use smooth, but avoid doing that more than 1/2 second a time and too often, or will starting feeling not right.

Farpoint doesn't have teleportation, only have smooth moving forward and backward while using the head to control direction. However, smooth forward/backward is usually less a problem than smooth rotation not using the head

In Farpoint, you use your head to change direction, but you can also enable the option (default is disabled) to use the thumbstick, either smooth, instant small degree or big degree. I tried small degree and big degree, while it didn't cause any nausea, it's very odd to me as we don't see thing like that. So, I use smooth, but avoid doing that more than 1/2 second a time and too often, or will starting feeling not right.
Cool that's good to know about the control scheme. I like the segmented turning in RE7 so if the smooth turning bothers me then I'll give that a go. The smooth turning in RE7 didn't necessarily mess with me per se but it just looked odd as well. Now that I'm more accustomed to RE7 and VR I may have also adapted a bit.

Incidentally, I'm quite the opposite. I can't play games with segmented turning.  I've never gotten motion sickness in either case, but segmented turning disorients me greatly.  I need smooth turning and locomotion.  It's funny, I had brought my PS4, PSVR, Aim and Doom to my aunt's house on Christmas and let my cousin try Doom (with Smooth turning and locomotion on.)  I never had a problem with it (outside of the lack of left-hand support) but by the final part of the tutorial, my cousin was experiencing motion sickness.  Took it out and let him play Brookhaven and Superhot, where you don't move at all other than turning, and he had no problem with either of those.

Farpoint shipped today before I could cancel it (there goes another week of food), so I really hope I do not end up regretting that purchase further. Something about full locomotion at a fast pace (I didn’t experience it with the RE7:BH teaser) seems to twist my stomach in knots, but it’s hard to predict what will affect me.

I wonder if PS Pro performance makes any difference in that regard. I have the non-Pro version.
I didn’t play Farpoint for very long, but for as long as I played it the movement speed was pretty slow.

yeah I immediately turned on the smooth thumb stick turning. Maybe that was the problem. The segmented turning was intolerable. Maybe I should go back to the default. it just felt weird not being able to turn via the controller

My dog chewed into the cable (#4) that connects the VR headset to the VR box and now the unit doesn't work.  Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this/replace the cable?  The cable looks like it is hard wired into the headset, so I don't know how easy it would be to simply replace.  It feels like a poor design choice by Sony to do it this way.

My problem with segmented turning is that I never seem to line up with doors and interactive objects correctly and find myself getting frustrated super quickly with it. So immediately turn on full locomotion even at the risk of increased chance of motion sickness. It just drives me nuts when it takes 3 tries to line up with something correctly. 

My problem with segmented turning is that I never seem to line up with doors and interactive objects correctly and find myself getting frustrated super quickly with it. So immediately turn on full locomotion even at the risk of increased chance of motion sickness. It just drives me nuts when it takes 3 tries to line up with something correctly.
Not sure if this works with all games, but I know that in Resident Evil 7, if you pause the game before recentering (holding the Options button), it will work on the first try.

The roller coaster part in Rush of Blood really got to me. I haven't played that game past the first level. That was a while ago though. I've played a lot of RE7 and I can tell that I don't "feel" much like I did when I first started it. I kept on the segmented turning controls in RE7 instead of the smooth and like it a lot better.

Farpoint comes tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll have time to play it tomorrow. I also haven't loaded up Doom yet so I'll have to see how that makes me feel. I've been playing a lot of Mario Odyssey but last night got all of the moons (well all of the ones you don't buy, haven't gotten all of those yet) but I plan on playing RE7 more so I can finish it then move onto another game. I think I'm probably like 75% done with RE7 if I had to guess just based on the time I've put into it.
Roller coaster on the first level of rush of blood got you?
Hell... don’t play it further cause that’s nothing compared to the roller coasters in later levels.

I also am surprised at how some games effect some, and does nothing for others. Far point I can feel the movement, but nothing that gets me sick. (Although I stand while playing it and get those feelings I’m falling..) Rush of blood doesn’t either, but the roller coaster parts are felt.
VR Luge... close but no sickness.
Doom got me a little, but not bad.

Arizona sunshine got me the worst... I think it’s the lighter areas that someone else mentioned.
Still a good game and I don’t think it was that bad either, maybe cause of the bourbon I had prior? ;)

Roller coaster on the first level of rush of blood got you?
Hell... don’t play it further cause that’s nothing compared to the roller coasters in later levels.

I also am surprised at how some games effect some, and does nothing for others. Far point I can feel the movement, but nothing that gets me sick. (Although I stand while playing it and get those feelings I’m falling..) Rush of blood doesn’t either, but the roller coaster parts are felt.
VR Luge... close but no sickness.
Doom got me a little, but not bad.

Arizona sunshine got me the worst... I think it’s the lighter areas that someone else mentioned.
Still a good game and I don’t think it was that bad either, maybe cause of the bourbon I had prior? ;)
Yeah it's weird. The luge game in the VR Worlds was one of the first games I played when I got PSVR, before Rush of Blood, and that didn't really bother me at all. I was playing Rush of Blood sitting down too and I remember going up that first little ass drop, I felt like my seat was going to fall back.

The thing you mention about lighter areas - I noticed that at the beginning of RE7. It starts out pretty bright then gets dark, then you do the first tape and it's pretty bright when outside the house. All of those bright areas did bother me slightly but not enough to make me stop playing.

I definitely feel like I've adjusted a bit to VR though and RE7 doesn't really bother me at all. I will go back to Rush of Blood at some point though. I also didn't feel the accuracy and aim was very good. It definitely isn't as responsive as some other games I have.

Farpoint came today from the $60 Amazon deal the other day so I'm going to give that a go tonight hopefully if I have some time. I'll see how I feel in that game.

And for what it's worth, I don't get motion sickness in general like on roller coasters or on boats in rough water.

Farpoint is pretty damn cool.  I played for like an hour tonight.  It does feel a bit generic so far with generic alien enemies and stuff, kind of bland world so far, but it definitely started to get more interesting as I went on.  I stopped right after you get the shotgun, and damn, it's pretty awesome how you switch weapons in this game.  It just feels so damn natural throwing the gun over your shoulder.

I didn't feel any type of motion sickness. Initially I was like WTF HOW DO YOU TURN?!?  Then I saw it was off by default.  So I turned on smooth and it's way too fast for me.  Even on speed 1 the turning is just too fast for me.  So I have it on the small segment turning for now and I like that.  I tried the big segmented turning but I don't like how the screen blacks out so I can't do that.  It's also crazy how much of a different the "focus dot" makes on smooth when turning.  It definitely made me feel a little motion sickness feeling without the dot.  But I only tried this for a short while because it's just too fast turning for me even on 1.

It was also kind of hard for me to play it since I lifted heavy chest today and my shoulders are still sore and holding the gun was tiresome lol.  So I was trying to play sitting but that just didn't feel right . I finally played it standing with the small segment turning and was at the perfect distance from the camera, and everything felt great.

I hope it gets a little bit better as far as not feeling quite so generic but even if not, I still enjoy it thus far.  Reminds me a lot of Starship Troopers so far.  Also those damn jumping things made me fucking duck and dodge in real life multiple times as they fly at you lol.

Farpoint is worth the price with the Aim Controller, no doubt. Easily top 3 best VR games on PSVR.

And yeah, that first hour or so in the game... is just great. Opening scene is just awesome.

My dog chewed into the cable (#4) that connects the VR headset to the VR box and now the unit doesn't work.
Sorry to hear that. I think the unit has a 1-year warranty to get it replaced/fixed by Sony. Let's cook up a good story: The wire "fell" off by itself and your dog managed to catch it mid-bite. ;)

I don't think anyone's mentioned it on this thread, but Skyrim and Doom VR are being bundled together for $50 on Newegg. Farpoint (no bundle) was going for $23.99 yesterday on Amazon, but now it's up to $26.83. RE7: Gold Edition also dropped to $39.99. Job Simulator and Robinson: The Journey remain in "mythical" status.

New Best Buy ad for next week has Doom, Skyrim, and Paranormal Activity. Hoping Doom matches GS at $20 before GCU. Maybe I'll get Skyrim too if it's a good price.

The only one I don't have is Werewolves Within. I heard there aren't that many people playing anymore.
They are. The servers aren’t super populated but there are usually 2-5 lobbies going at most time of the day. It’s been even more populated since Christmas.

All the hype for Werewolves makes me wonder...

Have you all played the game Werewolves, or Mafia in RL before?

I wonder if it is merely being exposed to the great world of social deduction games that is causing the excitement.... VR is better then nothing, but no where as exciting as RL werewolves/mafia. :)
I never have but I want to. One thing where VR shines over RL is that people can’t read my face when I’m lying in VR.

Newegg has the Doom VR bundle for $250 with coupon code EMCPERW27, which is pretty good except for no Move controllers. Best Buy has Doom VFR on its own for $20 (foiled again), Skyrim VR for $40, and worst of all (for me), Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul for $15. I paid $20 bucks for that on PSN, but would have preferred the physical version. Ah well.

One thing where VR shines over RL is that people can’t read my face when I’m lying in VR.
It would also hide the blushing I get from social anxiety (although I would still be doing that in the VR goggles).

Got my Paranormal Activity purchase from last month price adjusted through chat (Elite Plus so I have more time).

Also picked up Doom off the website for $15.99 after GCU.

On the fence on paranornal activity. More into action games (skyrim, racing, fps...), rpgs, even odd games like tumble, tethered and such. Gameplay vids just show walking around a house reading stuff. Anyone have this and didnt really like it?

On the fence on paranornal activity. More into action games (skyrim, racing, fps...), rpgs, even odd games like tumble, tethered and such. Gameplay vids just show walking around a house reading stuff. Anyone have this and didnt really like it?
It's kind of a "one and done" (or rather, two and done if you get all the items). First playthrough was about 1-2 hours of opening doors and searching through rooms. It's mostly about atmospheric tension, kind of your traditional first-person walking sim. I found it terrifying as hell, which makes it pretty stressful to get through (as I'm guessing RE7 in VR must be, to the Nth degree). I didn't love it, but I didn't hate it either. I think 10 bucks would ideally be the sweet spot, but given how rare VR physical titles are beginning to be, I'm not sure how much lower it'll go before it's a collector's item.

I was excited for Paranormal Activity at launch but held off due to it being a high price. Isn’t it something around $40 on PSN.
Yup, the $40 is ridiculous. I got it for 50% off and it was still ridiculous. Not sure how it's retaining such a high price tag for such a short experience, except that it must be somewhat in demand.

I picked up a copy of Robinson: The Journey at Walmart toady for $19.93. Looks like most, if not all Walmarts will have it at that price if it is in stock. According to Brickseek, 44% of Walmarts have it in stock.

Brickseek link:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55013169
Oh fuck, the search is on. Thanks for the heads up.

I picked up a copy of Robinson: The Journey at Walmart today for $19.93. Looks like most, if not all Walmarts will have it at that price if it is in stock. According to Brickseek, 44% of Walmarts have it in stock.

Brickseek link:

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=55013169
Brickseek was reporting 5 copies at my Walmart. I went there, looked through all the various sections with PS4 games (behind the glass, clearance, not-quite-clearance, somewhere in between, PSVR) and nada. I enlisted the help of two employees to look in the back, but still zip. They kept feeding me the same line that "Brickseek is always wrong," but 5 copies seems like a wide margin of error. In the end, I walked away with nothing. On top of that, I went to go look for Eagle Flight (which users on this thread have reported seeing at Walmart for $15-20) and it was regular price at $39.88.

I fucking hate Walmart so fucking much. Waste of time, gas and anti-anxiety medication.

Brickseek was reporting 5 copies at my Walmart. I went there, looked through all the various sections with PS4 games (behind the glass, clearance, not-quite-clearance, somewhere in between, PSVR) and nada. I enlisted the help of two employees to look in the back, but still zip. They kept feeding me the same line that "Brickseek is always wrong," but 5 copies seems like a wide margin of error. In the end, I walked away with nothing. On top of that, I went to go look for Eagle Flight (which users on this thread have reported seeing at Walmart for $15-20) and it was regular price at $39.88.

I fucking hate Walmart so fucking much. Waste of time, gas and anti-anxiety medication.
I ended up finding a copy deep (like, at the bottom) in the $20 and under game bin. 5 copies is a lot though so you should have had better luck. Hopefully they show up at your store.

I had never heard of that Robinson game and some of the reviews aren't the best for it, but damn, dinosaurs in VR?  Too bad there are none around me that have it in stock or else I'd try to snag it for $20.

Walmart is a joke. Everything is YMMV all the time, basically. Pair that with the horrible customer service and general culture of the people walking around in there, and it adds up to one of those places I'd be happy with never setting foot in again for the rest of my life. Yet I always managed to get pulled back because they are all over the country and sometimes it feels like the only place you have to go. 

bread's done
Back