Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I've experienced bad mura with a PS Vita OLED but haven't been looking for it on the PSVR. As good as an excuse I needed to play more this morning.

I've experienced bad mura with a PS Vita OLED but haven't been looking for it on the PSVR. As good as an excuse I needed to play more this morning.
The thing is that the mura I'm experiencing isn't wavy like you see in other displays. This looks like a layer of dust or something and is pretty distracting for me. I might have to try a friends and see if they get the same thing with their headset.

That's bullcrap.  So there is no offline mode for the PSN version?

How about people who bought the physical disc, do they force you to log online before you can play?

I was going to wait but my impatience got the best of me, picked up the launch bundle they had 10 of them at my local Best Buy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My time with PlaystationVR is over, woke up to five blinking lights on the processing unit which Sony identified as a power supply issue. 4 week wait to be resolved :( Amazon offered to have a replacement to me by October 22 but I might wait for a sale at this point. Happy to have gotten in a day of gaming with it but very disappointed it died on me ... didn't even get to boot up my cheap Valkyrie buy

Played a few races in the Driveclub VR demo last night, didn't get sick so I'll pick up the actual game tomorrow. EVE demo was pretty cool too, might pick that up as well.

I will say that the graphics are definitely downgraded more than I expected, and this is coming from someone who never tried the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive. Driveclub is the most obvious example of graphics downgrade. Kinda reminds me of when you use the 3D feature of the 3DS and you see each pixel emphasized.

However, I will stick with PS VR since it was a really unique experience. Kinda hope PS4 Pro makes a difference in quality though since I plan on getting one next month.

Rez is really cool but definitely looks like an old game because it is. Area X is supposed to be amazing but I haven't unlocked it. Is Hypercube worth 30 bucks? I love the demo at Best Buy (the demo disc doesn't seem to have an actual demo for it) but it seems like it could get boring quickly.
$29.99 is a little expensive for Super HyperCube IMO, but it's a lot of fun and an excellent puzzle game. It's one of those games you want to keep trying despite how many times you may fail. I'd been happier if it were $20, but I don't feel like I wasted money at $30 either. I generally have an issue with paying more than $20 for a digital game though, I always prefer physical and would have paid $40 for a physical copy of Super HyperCube easily too.

$29.99 is a little expensive for Super HyperCube IMO, but it's a lot of fun and an excellent puzzle game. It's one of those games you want to keep trying despite how many times you may fail. I'd been happier if it were $20, but I don't feel like I wasted money at $30 either. I generally have an issue with paying more than $20 for a digital game though, I always prefer physical and would have paid $40 for a physical copy of Super HyperCube easily too.
Thanks for the advice. At this point I'm hooked, I'm picking up Superhypercube, Loading Human, and a couple of others today. It's be interesting to see attach rates are much better with VR than they are consoles due to the newness of it all.

Any thoughts/impressions on Here They Lie?

IGN seems to hate it and GameSpot gave it a surprisingly good score.

Is it as nauseating as described by the IGN review?

Any thoughts/impressions on Here They Lie?

IGN seems to hate it and GameSpot gave it a surprisingly good score.

Is it as nauseating as described by the IGN review?
I've played to the first checkpoint where they ask you to take a break. I like it. It's not the prettiest game but it gives you a world to explore that's pretty creepy and some of the darker areas will definitely have you rethinking exploring them. If you turn off the vr guide control it lets you move around with the analog stick but when you turn around with the stick it enables a sort of squinting view while your turn. I didn't get sick from it but I've heard it definitely has made some people pretty sick. So far it seems worth the 20 bucks. Only downside is the graphics(everything is pretty gray or black) and outside of picking up collectibles and notes there isn't a ton to do so far.

Is Walmart not selling PS VR in store?

I stopped this morning and not only was there no shelf space for the VR units, I didn't see a single VR game (aside from Tomb Raider, which just has that short part). I looked on the website as well only the launch bundle is available for ship to store, no same day pickup.

That really surprises me that Walmart might not be carrying it in store. The largest video game seller not carrying it in store doesn't exactly give me much confidence. I mean, Walmart even carried Vita units and games for quite a while.

OK so why did nobody tell me that Rez can be played with the Move controller?! O M G. It's like this game was so ahead of its time - it's basically 10 billion times better than awesome with VR + Move Controller. It's so natural...

SCREW ALL OF YOU. Going back for more Rez. Not leaving VR till the batteries die in the Move controllers. 

And with the weather here in Seattle the next couple of days, I'll play VR till the power goes out. 

My Astros work fine but I'm not sure if people wanna splurge $200-$300 on a headset 

>_>

Anyone order with their BestBuy card? It's supposed to be 5% back in points but is only showing 1,200 points instead of 2,500+.

OK so why did nobody tell me that Rez can be played with the Move controller?! O M G. It's like this game was so ahead of its time - it's basically 10 billion times better than awesome with VR + Move Controller. It's so natural...

SCREW ALL OF YOU. Going back for more Rez. Not leaving VR till the batteries die in the Move controllers.

And with the weather here in Seattle the next couple of days, I'll play VR till the power goes out.
Amateur, get a generator for non stop VR.

1200 points is ~24 dollars in points. So that would be in the 5% range. 2500 would be 50 bucks which would be 10%
Ah you're absolutely right, I was thinking 500 per $5. Oddly enough the points say posted, but I'm still at zero, so I'll have to call them anyways.

Ah you're absolutely right, I was thinking 500 per $5. Oddly enough the points say posted, but I'm still at zero, so I'll have to call them anyways.
It's been taking a couple of days for points to show up in your total. I just got mine today from my pre-order that "posted" Wednesday.

Day 2 and I'm starting to get to tracking issues. When I played the job simulator demo I was able to complete all of the tasks with no issues. When I was showing my younger sister today the hands were doing a very poor job of mimicking the move controllers. Anyone have this issue or figure a way around it?

Day 2 and I'm starting to get to tracking issues. When I played the job simulator demo I was able to complete all of the tasks with no issues. When I was showing my younger sister today the hands were doing a very poor job of mimicking the move controllers. Anyone have this issue or figure a way around it?
Are you two drastically different in height? Might have to readjust the camera in the settings.

Waiting on the Rez physical disk is brutal :(

Ordered Battlefront on sale at BB and Arkham VR.  Gonna keep battlefront wrapped up until the VR mission is released in case the game goes cheaper.

I wonder how the COD, Battlefront, etc missions will turn out.  I hope we get true full AAA experiences at some point too.  Is the Tomb Raider VR good?  I wonder how badly the gfx take a hit

Just purchased:

Super Stardust VR ($9.99)

Waddle Home ($9.99 wife thinks it looks amazing and people are giving it good feedback)

EVE Gunjack ($7.99, positive reviews)

Harmonix Music ($14.99... wife loves the mewsik)

Batman VR ($15.99 after GCU)

I'll have some impressions hopefully by the end of the weekend.  I criticize this thing, but I'm hoping the games I tried were the problem and not the hardware!

Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the PSVR headset's gyroscope? When the headset is on straight, it's slightly tilted to the right for me. Starting to bug me on the main menu etc...

Does anyone know if there's a way to reset the PSVR headset's gyroscope? When the headset is on straight, it's slightly tilted to the right for me. Starting to bug me on the main menu etc...
You mean centering the screen? Hold down the options button on the controller.

Well batman was even shorter than I thought, already 100%. VR worlds is pretty good, but some of those trophies are downright brutal.

So has there been a consensus on if this is returnable? There's no demos nearby so I'd hate to be stuck with it if I makes me sick.

It really is staggeringly bad, isn't it? I can't believe nobody said anything during the run-up to the reviews over the last few months. Madness. It looks TERRIBLE. I wonder if PS4 Pro will fix some of these issues, because it's REALLY clear than the regular PS4 is just not good enough for an immersive VR experience when the graphics look this bad.
That's exactly what I thought after playing the demo at BestBuy, not going to consider until some reviews on PS4 Pro. And if PS4 Pro makes a much better experience, Sony should have waited for PS4 Pro rather getting bad publicity right now.

Or might be I will get when there is cheap refurbished VR set as seems there will be a lot of returns on it.

Best Buy stores are getting their final shipments of Launch bundles today and tomorrow. After that only the Core will be available.

That's exactly what I thought after playing the demo at BestBuy, not going to consider until some reviews on PS4 Pro. And if PS4 Pro makes a much better experience, Sony should have waited for PS4 Pro rather getting bad publicity right now.

Or might be I will get when there is cheap refurbished VR set as seems there will be a lot of returns on it.
Oh it's still worth it. With a Logitech G29 it's seriously unbelievable. In a BAC MONO you can tell EXACTLY when you're going to rub tires with an opponent driver. You can look out across the wheel arches and rub ever so gently. :D

Devs have already said it's going to get patch for PS4 Pro, but even without it... it's awesome. It just looks like a PS4 game downscaled to a PS2 game. :D

I don't know how to use the hulu vr app. I'm in the room but that's it. I can't click on anything aside from the blocks. How do I watch anything.

Someone help!!!!!

Just purchased:

Super Stardust VR ($9.99)

Waddle Home ($9.99 wife thinks it looks amazing and people are giving it good feedback)

EVE Gunjack ($7.99, positive reviews)

Harmonix Music ($14.99... wife loves the mewsik)

Batman VR ($15.99 after GCU)

I'll have some impressions hopefully by the end of the weekend. I criticize this thing, but I'm hoping the games I tried were the problem and not the hardware!
How did you get Stardust for 9.99?

So far the game that has impressed me the most is REZ Infinite. I used to play this all the time back in the DC/PS2 era and it held up nicely in VR. Probably one of the cleanest looking VR games so far.

Until Daw: Rush of Blood is a lot of fun too with the dual move controllers. It gave me a sort of "woah" moment when I held them up to shoot. It also has some nice cheap scares but they're enjoyable. Totally disagree with those low scores it's been getting.

I thought I would enjoy VR Worlds but I didn't feel immersed in the Shark Encounter at all. Luge was a small distraction but forgettable. I still need to try the London Heist.

Overall, I think the PSVR is a nice addition to my home setup. Sure the screen and graphics can be a bit low quality but I feel after a bit my eyes get adjusted. I did expect a bit of a better video/graphics quality so I'm a bit disappointed in it, but I do hope VR becomes a success so we can get better iterations in the future.

bread's done
Back