Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Tethered has gotten pretty great reviews and is 10% off. Looks like it was supposed to be 20% and they changed their minds. That said, looks like a decently sized and polished game for 30 bucks. I'd post a link but the US webstore is not updated yet.
Where did you see the 20% thing?

So I got in an order for the PSVR bundle on Saturday night when Best Buy had it in stock for a bit, but now it says it's backordered. What are the chances I actually get my order?

So I got in an order for the PSVR bundle on Saturday night when Best Buy had it in stock for a bit, but now it says it's backordered. What are the chances I actually get my order?
Not 0. What happens is if it's on back order their system will look for a store that actually has one in stock for a few days. If it finds one it sends a message to their employees to go and make sure it's really there and not something like an opened return. If they confirm it prints a shipping label and gets shipped from that store to you. Don't lose hope just yet.

If you google "20% off Tethered" there was a link to the EU PS Store but they only have it 10% off.
It's such an odd price at $33 US. Even with the 10% off I think I will wait. Kind of wished I would have gotten it instead of super hyper cube to get the $15 back deal as Tethered seems to be getting universal praise.

Is Tethered a full game, with the same mechanics as The Playroom's Robot Rescue? That's what I want! That "game" was way to short, but I loved what it was doing. Would really like to see something made like it, maybe with Crash or the LittleBigPlanet characters.

Another game I think would be fun. Think ModNation Racers, but in vr. It could work better then Drive Club. Instead of going for realistic visuals, they could go for over the top, cartoony graphics.

Just had my first VR motion sickness with the PSVR tonight. Stupid me, I pushed myself when I knew I should quit.

Finished up Batman though, what a fun little game. What are you guys enjoying most? I hate to pay $50-60 for something that isn't all that good.

Finished up Batman though, what a fun little game. What are you guys enjoying most? I hate to pay $50-60 for something that isn't all that good.
Top 3 for me at this time: Batman, Battlezone, Thumper.

I'm curious on Here They Lie.

However I'd recommend waiting a few more days for Robinsons to come out.

In the meantime ... did you unlock all Riddler's challenges and destroy all cameras?

Is Tethered a full game, with the same mechanics as The Playroom's Robot Rescue? That's what I want! That "game" was way to short, but I loved what it was doing. Would really like to see something made like it, maybe with Crash or the LittleBigPlanet characters.

Another game I think would be fun. Think ModNation Racers, but in vr. It could work better then Drive Club. Instead of going for realistic visuals, they could go for over the top, cartoony graphics.
No, tethered a basically an RTS/World Building game but is gorgeous with pretty great production values. Uses controller only and is pretty low key unless multi-tasking is very high stress for you.

There's still two more games this week; Carnival Games and Weeping Doll. Carnival Games looks like a cheap cash-in but we'll see and Weeping Doll had good previews but there's already a caveat that it's really short (under two hours) so I'd expect it to be 10 or under.

Top 3 for me at this time: Batman, Battlezone, Thumper.

I'm curious on Here They Lie.

However I'd recommend waiting a few more days for Robinsons to come out.

In the meantime ... did you unlock all Riddler's challenges and destroy all cameras?
I haven't yet, but I plan on doing that then selling it.

Tethered looks pretty good, and something that would have little chance of creating motion sickness. I just wish it had random gen levels, or more levels to increase replayability.

I'm guessing many developers just didn't have much development time, hence the shorter than normal days. Since 7 days to die supports vr on pc, I'm hoping we eventually get vr support in the ps4 version as well.

I'm just looking for general sales. The only game I've purchased for VR is Rush of Blood. Want others but won't pay $60 for a disc or more than $10 for anything digital.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/195310/pcmcat1477339424287.c?id=pcmcat1477339424287

There looks like there is a separate deal now if you don't need the move controllers at

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/offer/195324/pcmcat1477343961911.c?id=pcmcat1477343961911

It looks like the original offer is still the better deal though with the $10 off games of your choice.
The PS4 camera is also going to be $40 next week. Only the old sku is listed but it might be good for the new one too which would make an adjustment possible.

Played through Tethered tutorial last night. I love the game but here's my thoughts on whether it's worth a 10% discount or not.

-It's a resource management game basically. Your guys just appear over time in eggs to ramp up complexity and you have the mine, farm, build, and fight in order to level up a shrine that end the level when maxxed out.

-It's unreal engine and a fixed camera with multiple view points. Because you can't zoom in a ton the game looks gorgeous. Videos do not convey because the fisheye lens and constant camera movement make it look like a budget RTS. It's not AAA level visually but the music is fantastic and as good as most other strategy/resource games.

-It has 13 levels and the tutorial took 30 minutes at a decent pace. I'd wager the game is 15-20 hours with the increasing complexity and size of thee maps. Everything upgrades and many things have multiple upgrade paths.

-VR changes everything. It feels like you're god of these guys and the sense of place over them is amazing. The game is really a proof of concept on a VR control scheme for this type of game. You "tether" the guys to actions to get them to do things. It's works very well though the game doesn't appear to be pushing it's limits. In the tutorial you control around 10 guys at once. I only think you'll manage around 20 by end of game.

The tl:dr is that if you like resource management games (not just Civ) you probably would like it because of how mind blowing the VR aspect is and the general polish and complexity. It's worth 30 bucks for those people but your general CAGer should wait for 40-50% off.

Looks like VR is sold out on amazon and the base is selling for 480 by 3rd party..  Anyone know if amazon is getting more before the holidays

Played through Tethered tutorial last night. I love the game but here's my thoughts on whether it's worth a 10% discount or not.

-It's a resource management game basically. Your guys just appear over time in eggs to ramp up complexity and you have the mine, farm, build, and fight in order to level up a shrine that end the level when maxxed out.

-It's unreal engine and a fixed camera with multiple view points. Because you can't zoom in a ton the game looks gorgeous. Videos do not convey because the fisheye lens and constant camera movement make it look like a budget RTS. It's not AAA level visually but the music is fantastic and as good as most other strategy/resource games.

-It has 13 levels and the tutorial took 30 minutes at a decent pace. I'd wager the game is 15-20 hours with the increasing complexity and size of thee maps. Everything upgrades and many things have multiple upgrade paths.

-VR changes everything. It feels like you're god of these guys and the sense of place over them is amazing. The game is really a proof of concept on a VR control scheme for this type of game. You "tether" the guys to actions to get them to do things. It's works very well though the game doesn't appear to be pushing it's limits. In the tutorial you control around 10 guys at once. I only think you'll manage around 20 by end of game.

The tl:dr is that if you like resource management games (not just Civ) you probably would like it because of how mind blowing the VR aspect is and the general polish and complexity. It's worth 30 bucks for those people but your general CAGer should wait for 40-50% off.
Great review! Been on the fence (especially with that odd price point), but I do like resource management game and curious to see how it VR changes/improves that genre. But after reading your review (and others online), I'll be picking it up today!

Can't wait to get this game! This is what convinced me to buy a PSVR in the first place.
Weird, was this game (Robinson) available to pre-order at Bestbuy earlier? It's no longer available for shipping, or even store pickup. Would like to switch my reservation from Amazon to Bestbuy for the points, but guess I'll have to wait closer to release.

Have any CAGs played Sports Bar VR yet? I plan on purchasing soon. Have not had much time to play VR. I sld have bought Skylanders for Xbox one instead of PS b/ my son wanted Crash.

Returned mine finally. No problem.
I'm gonna return mine if nobody wants it. No stores within 100 miles of me in LA have Launch Bundles. People have hit me on OfferUp asking to buy it for $400 cash lol. Told them to pound sand. I'm not even trying to make a profit, just break even.

New battlezone patch on psn tonight. THEY mentioned ps4 pro enhancement support, and also promised free future campaign dlc!

Sweet!

I decided to do some experimenting last night and try several different setups under different conditions to see how it affected factors like tracking and drift. I moved the camera around a bit and turned on and off different lights in the room, and tried to account for the possibility of light reflection. I was one of the people who didn't have too many issues with tracking, however I was dealing with a very aggressive case of drifting to the right. 

I'm now mostly convinced that the drift problems (and the motion sickness I got) were highly dependent on the setup of the room, which was never really optimal in the 1st place. My couch sits relatively low to the floor in relation to the height of the entertainment center my TV was on, and I was concerned that the shiny leather (even though the couch is black) might have had an effect. All the recommendations I had read suggested the PS4 camera should sit atop the TV, but due to the height of the couch and television, this setup was really only optimal for, most likely, someone over 6 foot tall. I was having to angle the camera downwards and for whatever reason had to move the camera to the right to center it on the couch, which I tend to believe at this point was being caused by some sort of reflective factor.

After a few trials I found the best place for the camera was at the base of my television and draping a blanket over the couch seemed to mask the angling issues. Whether or not I had the soft room light on or not (a 20W warm bulb) didn't seem to affect things.

I played VR Worlds for about an hour and a half to two hours. Played a few rounds of Danger Ball, did an Ocean Dive, and finished the second half of Scavengers Odyssey, a game that had previously made me feel slightly ill. At first I was obsessively re-centering the screen like I had been doing when I was experiencing bad drift problems. But over time as I became more immersed in the environment I slowly stopped doing it, and during the final duration of gameplay that I mentioned above, I experienced almost zero drift and felt no motion sickness whatsoever. 

Sure, the tracking can be a bit finicky, and that seems to be no matter what. A couch is not an ideal seat for VR, because it allows you to slouch back and your posture isn't controlled so you can easily get "lazy" and slouch out of position. I had to be sure I sat up straight as if I were in a chair with a backrest. Overall, I am now much more confident with this thing and I feel great about keeping it and not worrying about the drift.    

This makes a lot of sense to me.  

I have not experienced much problems at all...  but when I do, it is because my brain and my body are going through 2 different things.  Makes sense to mitigate that problem.  

I read that you need to be closer if you are getting drift. We are 6-7 feet away from the camera and have no problems.

Our camera is at the bottom of our 82" tv... at the top, it would be 6-7 feet above the ground.

How long is Until Dawn? Really enjoyed the demo but don't wanna drop $20 if it's Batman short. I beat Batman in under an hour and after the trophies there's no reason to come back.

How long is Until Dawn? Really enjoyed the demo but don't wanna drop $20 if it's Batman short. I beat Batman in under an hour and after the trophies there's no reason to come back.
Depends. It's a shooter with a plat so there's a lot more trophies around scoring. It's probably only 70-90 minutes for a single play through. But there's a decent amount of weapons and some level customization.

Does anyone happen to know whether or not the PSVR has any magnets built into it?

I have a friend who has magnetic implants in her head and I'd like to let her try it out, but it would be too dangerous if the PSVR also has any type of magnet or magnetic materials in/on it.

I'm gonna return mine if nobody wants it. No stores within 100 miles of me in LA have Launch Bundles. People have hit me on OfferUp asking to buy it for $400 cash lol. Told them to pound sand. I'm not even trying to make a profit, just break even.
I have an extra and I'm in the same boat. Everyone on CL or OfferUp is lowballing me and I have to keep saying I'll just return it. All I want is MSRP+tax. I want to keep the rewards I got from using my BB CC and my progress towards elite :(

Question for people who have played robot rescue, did anyone have any issues with the controller losing calibration (kept going lateral).  I had to keep recallibrating it thorughout the game.

Anyone in WA state want my launch bundle?  I just want to unload it for what I paid from Amazon ($543).  

Not opened.

What happens when you win the tournament in Danger Ball?   I can't get past round 4 ugh its so frustrating but I love it!

Is there any way to play spotify or your own music during Danger Ball?  

bread's done
Back