Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Robinson  on a PS4 Pro. It was gorgeous but weak as a game. Didn't get motion sick. Still, the good parts, and there are plenty, make regular games feel much more boring these days.

I never get motion sick or have problems with vr... Until Super Stardust VR. Not only is the game particularly ugly, it's extremely boring. I played until phase 10 before I was too bored to go on and started to feel sick. If I kept going, I certainly would have thrown up.

I highly recommend avoiding Super Stardust VR. Even without motion sickness, I would have quit the game and never played it again.

returned to best buy with no problems today. I felt bad considering I had it for 28 days and didn't want them to think I was just "borrowing" it. I am very disappointed that i responded so poorly to Robinson........I was so excited to play that title but just couldn't play without feeling sick. I wonder if my elderly status is partially responsible....hmmmm

According to some in-store Rift employees, 3 kinds of people tend to get motion sickness easily

The young

The old

The types that don't play a lot of video games in general

returned to best buy with no problems today. I felt bad considering I had it for 28 days and didn't want them to think I was just "borrowing" it. I am very disappointed that i responded so poorly to Robinson........I was so excited to play that title but just couldn't play without feeling sick. I wonder if my elderly status is partially responsible....hmmmm
omg picked the robinson up at GS using $40 certs... and only found i got very sick very soon...

omg picked the robinson up at GS using $40 certs... and only found i got very sick very soon...
Wow all of this feedback on Robinson is convincing me to stay far away from that until it bottoms out in price.
Other than the nausea aspect, I absolutely loved the Robinson world. A friend of mine borrowed the game for a few nights and he had the same response. We are both in our upper 30's

Target is trash. On their website it says Trackmania is only available in stores @ clearance price of $13.98. I go to the store and it's $29.99. I ask them for a prince match of their own website and they tell me they can not price match clearance prices.

Isn't this false advertisement? They told me I could purchase it online and pick it up at the store for $13.98, but I can't buy it directly in store for the same price. The website says in store only, but I can't buy it in store for that price. What the bloody hell???

I am 40... and yet to get motion sick.  

The one time I felt weird was when my body was doing something that VR was doing different.  (Maybe I was falling on the VR and sitting in real life?  I forget.)  I merely put my body in the same state (Standing/sitting) that was in the game, and I was totally fine.  

Still only have like 3 or 4 VR games at the moment(All of which digital), gonna buy Thumper and REZ when my 15$ credit comes in tomorrow. Can't justify throwing down full price for most of these games yet when it seems like a lot of the games are gonna tank in price in barely a month or two.

Tried PMing Trackmania and keep getting denied, and got denied for the Driveclub VR Fry's PM as well lol

Any thoughts on the full price VR games such as Valkyrie, Rigs, and Battlezone? Got them all from Target's b2g1 on impulse but not sure which ones are worth keeping.

I am 40... and yet to get motion sick.

The one time I felt weird was when my body was doing something that VR was doing different. (Maybe I was falling on the VR and sitting in real life? I forget.) I merely put my body in the same state (Standing/sitting) that was in the game, and I was totally fine.
that's interesting. I never tried standing up while using the headset......I was always in a sitting position. hmmmm

I tried VR for the first time today. But it was the Vive. I was incredibly impressed. But it definitely had the screen door effect. And from what I understand, PSVR is the lower quality of the 3. Does anyone know exactly how big of a difference there is between Vive and PSVR?

Target is trash. On their website it says Trackmania is only available in stores @ clearance price of $13.98. I go to the store and it's $29.99. I ask them for a prince match of their own website and they tell me they can not price match clearance prices.

Isn't this false advertisement? They told me I could purchase it online and pick it up at the store for $13.98, but I can't buy it directly in store for the same price. The website says in store only, but I can't buy it in store for that price. What the bloody hell?I
I literally had this problem yesterday! This is what you do, ask them to bring you to customer service. They priced matched it for me no problem, comes to under $16 w/ tax I guess depending on your tax rate. They used their ipad mini she looked up the price and said sure I can price match this for you. She said the cashier couldn't do it because different stores have different prices in store or some crap but if I had any trouble like that again always go to customer service and they should be able to do it with no hassles.

Any thoughts on the full price VR games such as Valkyrie, Rigs, and Battlezone? Got them all from Target's b2g1 on impulse but not sure which ones are worth keeping.
I did the same and got Eve and Rigs. Personally I really like them. I havent played the story mode on EVE but, the pvp has been a lot of fun.

I tried VR for the first time today. But it was the Vive. I was incredibly impressed. But it definitely had the screen door effect. And from what I understand, PSVR is the lower quality of the 3. Does anyone know exactly how big of a difference there is between Vive and PSVR?
I have never used the Vive. From what I understand it is far superior to the PSVR in terms of graphics but also far more expensive and demanding on the PC. I have a PSVR and don't notice alot of screen door effect, but the graphics are definitely not nearly as good.

I downloaded the Vrideo app today and man that is awesome.... check it out.

watch Girls on Trampoline if you get a moment.
I watched this because you made me curious. The blond was pretty cute, not sure about the other two.

I also watched a few of the other videos. Is it just me or does everything in these videos appear a lot larger than they should be?

Found a VR Launch Bundle at my local Sams Club on clearance for $399...thinking about getting it.  

I don't have a camera, so I would need that.  I don't necessarily want or need the Move controllers, and I've heard that VR Worlds is a glorified demo disc at best..

Proof:

aCaZkGE.jpg

I would grab that if I were you.  That's a great deal.

VR Worlds is one of the best games out right now.

And you may not realize it, but you will definitely want the move controllers.

Found a VR Launch Bundle at my local Sams Club on clearance for $399...thinking about getting it.
I don't have a camera, so I would need that. I don't necessarily want or need the Move controllers, and I've heard that VR Worlds is a glorified demo disc at best..
The move controllers actually work pretty well when used right.

And yeah it is, that's the point of it. Bunch of smaller games to play to show a variety of what it can do. Anyone who blows it off as a glorified demo disc is someone who doesn't like Sony or they had unreasonable expectations. I didn't care for the luge game but I played all the games multiple times.

If it were me I'd snag that launch bundle for 399.

that's interesting. I never tried standing up while using the headset......I was always in a sitting position. hmmmm
The trick I keep coming back to when I feel slightly weird... go back to what the character in the game is doing. It just takes me a minute, and then usually I can go back to how I was sitting before... I have not become sick... but I do pay a ton of attention to avoiding that too...

I don't have a camera, so I would need that. I don't necessarily want or need the Move controllers, and I've heard that VR Worlds is a glorified demo disc at best..
Any idea how to do an inventory check online for Sam's Club? When I try searching on Sams Club by product name or the item#007019037, I get no result. A price of $399 is too good to pass when the launch bundle is out of stock everywhere!

Edit: Also checked with Item #: 377294 | Model #: 3001558 found from Google search and don't see any stock anywhere near me. Not sure how correct their online inventory checker is!

I have been waiting for the launch bundle to be available at Best Buy (have lot of GCs to burn) since some time now.
Do you guys think it might come back in stock soon or was that a limited edition bundle available only at launch?

I have been waiting for the launch bundle to be available at Best Buy (have lot of GCs to burn) since some time now.
Do you guys think it might come back in stock soon or was that a limited edition bundle available only at launch?
From what I was told it was limited to the launch only and they won't continue producing that bundle anymore.

That being said, with Black Friday coming up you could theoretically piece together the items you need for just as cheap or cheaper than the launch bundle, it will just take a bit more legwork.

For example, the camera by itself will be on sale at BB for black Friday, and you can probably find the move controllers pretty cheap on ebay or somewhere (I found a pair in a pawn shop for $15) and then you could either grab VR Worlds with GCU if you have it, or find a used copy at Gamestop, I think they are doing a B2G1 for Black Friday.

From what I was told it was limited to the launch only and they won't continue producing that bundle anymore.

That being said, with Black Friday coming up you could theoretically piece together the items you need for just as cheap or cheaper than the launch bundle, it will just take a bit more legwork.

For example, the camera by itself will be on sale at BB for black Friday, and you can probably find the move controllers pretty cheap on ebay or somewhere (I found a pair in a pawn shop for $15) and then you could either grab VR Worlds with GCU if you have it, or find a used copy at Gamestop, I think they are doing a B2G1 for Black Friday.
Thanks! The camera is on sale for $39.99 at Amazon and Target too. Only worry about used Move Controllers was the older they are, the lesser they hold battery charge. Might try to buy the parts separately at Target this Sunday if their promo codes stack. Else will buy from Best Buy using the mail offer I received where I can buy the Core headset, Move controller 2-pack and Camera for $60 less than MSRP.

PS: Received this mail when I added "Notify when available" alert for the launch bundle on bestbuy.com

Thanks! The camera is on sale for $39.99 at Amazon and Target too. Only worry about used Move Controllers was the older they are, the lesser they hold battery charge. Might try to buy the parts separately at Target this Sunday if their promo codes stack. Else will buy from Best Buy using the mail offer I received where I can buy the Core headset, Move controller 2-pack and Camera for $60 less than MSRP.

PS: Received this mail when I added "Notify when available" alert for the launch bundle on bestbuy.com
What you said about the Move controllers is probably true, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Obviously I have no idea where mine were before I got them or how much they had been used, but the have easily lasted no problem through the gaming sessions I have had so far, considering the fact that most people really won't olay a VR game for a really extended period of time. L limit my sessions in VR to about 30-60 minutes due to the intensity of it all, I guess some people could go longer, but after 3 levels or so playing Rush of Blood I definitely need a break, not because of motion sickness but because of the consistently high level of intensity of that game.

What you said about the Move controllers is probably true, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Obviously I have no idea where mine were before I got them or how much they had been used, but the have easily lasted no problem through the gaming sessions I have had so far, considering the fact that most people really won't olay a VR game for a really extended period of time. L limit my sessions in VR to about 30-60 minutes due to the intensity of it all, I guess some people could go longer, but after 3 levels or so playing Rush of Blood I definitely need a break, not because of motion sickness but because of the consistently high level of intensity of that game.
Hehe! I was very skeptical about VR since watching youtube videos like Eve Valkyrie itself made me feel nauseous. But the Experience VR demo at Sony centre changed my mind since it was quite impressive. Especially Batman Arkham VR. Hoping we would keep getting better VR games in the future.

Been wanting to jump in on VR. Grabbed the camera from Amazon for $40 and got a pair of brand new in the package move controllers for $57 shipped from EBay. Now just need to get my hands on the headset and some games.

Definitely gonna get Until Dawn, Batman, and a few others, but not fully sure what to get yet.

I stopped over on lunch and bought it. They had an offer to save an additional $40 if I applied for a Sams Club credit, so I did that - bought it for $359 with the savings. The outer box was open, but everything inside was brand new and still sealed.

I stopped over on lunch and bought it. They had an offer to save an additional $40 if I applied for a Sams Club credit, so I did that - bought it for $359 with the savings. The outer box was open, but everything inside was brand new and still sealed.
Congrats! Welcome to the future of gaming!

Is Gamestop the only retailer that will not take returns of a PSVR once it is opened?  When I went to get a pro the other day they told me they treat it as a system.  What about the other retailers?

Throwing this out there before I return it this weekend.  I have a brand new PS VR Launch Bundle I want to offload to someone that ACTUALLY wants one.  Not asking anything over retail either.  Just PM me.

is there any way to stop the motion sickness effect in Robinson? I can only last about 30 mins top before throwing up

is there any way to stop the motion sickness effect in Robinson? I can only last about 30 mins top before throwing up
I don't have it yet but I am curious whether you are actually throwing up or are getting so nauseous that you feel like you will throw up.

Specifically I have nothing of help to offer but the term "VR Legs" has been thrown around a lot, namely suggesting the more you play the more you'll get used VR : Several on GAF who got sick in Rigs claimed they could play it a lot longer a week later than when they first tried.

Did someone try to price match today's Target's 10% off using coupon: TECH with other stores like Best Buy?

I tried pricematching at Best Buy on phone but the CSR didn't seem to understand what I was asking. Had a hard time explaining Target is running a sitewide 10% offer but at the end was told we only price match MSRP :|

Did someone try to price match today's Target's 10% off using coupon: TECH with other stores like Best Buy?

I tried pricematching at Best Buy on phone but the CSR didn't seem to understand what I was asking. Had a hard time explaining Target is running a sitewide 10% offer but at the end was told we only price match MSRP :|
This post is bad and you should feel bad.

Woot got my Driveclub VR PM today at Best Buy. Down to 18$ and less after some RW Certs, my perfect price point
Did you get motion sickness from playing Driveclub? A lot of reviewers said to avoid this game.

How is Robinson? I haven't seen much on it and have a hard time spending $40 on it digitally, I haven't seen any physical copies of the game out in the wild, but thought it was getting a physical release.

bread's done
Back