Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
How is Robinson? I haven't seen much on it and have a hard time spending $40 on it digitally, I haven't seen any physical copies of the game out in the wild, but thought it was getting a physical release.
I was wondering if the disc version will become rare...........appears to be very limited

I was wondering if the disc version will become rare...........appears to be very limited
Amazon has it available, but no Best Buy within a 250 mile radius of me has a copy. I honestly don't believe Best Buy stocked the game, but agree that the physical version will likely be harder to find down the line. I still think I will hold out for a price drop, the problem with most PSVR games is that they are too expensive for what they offer. I've only got a few games now and haven't been playing with mine as much due to so many other great games being out right now. I really want something I can get into with VR for longer than a weekend.

Is the target 10% off for today only? I'd like to wait til I get paid Wednesday to grab the PSVR and my redcard should be here by then for the additional 5% off. Already have the camera and 2 move controllers so now looking for good deals on the headset and games. Im thinking Gamefly is gonna be useful for games like batman VR that are really short and probably not something I'd play through a bunch of times

This post is bad and you should feel bad.
Hi. I am sorry if I didn't get your point. I didn't mean to criticize the CSR on phone or something. I understand that stores might not be able to price match separate coupon codes (which they might not be able to verify), but this is a sitewide offer that the CSR can see on his screen too, and therefore wanted to confirm if someone was able to price match the final/sales price.

How is Robinson? I haven't seen much on it and have a hard time spending $40 on it digitally, I haven't seen any physical copies of the game out in the wild, but thought it was getting a physical release.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgurhxMzsRg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY4vdt9kTc8

My two sessions of playing this game. The world within is def very beautiful. But the motion sickness is just really kicking my stomach...

Agreed.  Just tried Robinson for the first time and the motion sickness is intolerable.

I may have to sell it.  Anyone want to buy it from me through PayPal?

Re Robinson motion sickness are gamers sitting or standing? I and my son's have been fine playing Driveclub. I bought a Hori Racing Wheel for the game as well but have not used it yet.

I tried sitting and standing - it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I also tried using physical turning (i.e. turning my head to turn) and the incremental turning (using the right stick) and that also didn't seem to make a difference.

Although, I'm probably not the best person to go by as I've been battling a dizziness condition for the past 7 years and I've also been very susceptible to motion sickness my entire life.

Rigs kicked my ass but somehow Robinson was fine for me. Maybe it's my unbridled love of dinosaurs. I'll probably plat it because it was a fun place to visit but it did show the problems with a real first person experience in terms of controls and motion sickness.

Amazon has it available, but no Best Buy within a 250 mile radius of me has a copy. I honestly don't believe Best Buy stocked the game, but agree that the physical version will likely be harder to find down the line. I still think I will hold out for a price drop, the problem with most PSVR games is that they are too expensive for what they offer. I've only got a few games now and haven't been playing with mine as much due to so many other great games being out right now. I really want something I can get into with VR for longer than a weekend.
I placed an order via amazon and will keep it sealed. Shipping is 1-2 months out:(

hey fellow CAG's. im sorry if someone has asked already, but my question is , if you have the PSAR system, do you recommend it? my 13yr wants it for xmas, and im not sure if i should buy it or not? we are mostly xbox one users, but he does have a ps4 , and we want to play VR .

i know theirs 2 other vr kits, but we really cant afford $800. for them, so i was thinking of getting this instead, but before i drop 500.00. wanted to get your thoughts. any help for this old timer CAG's. would be totally appreciated . thanks in advance. 

Pretty sure I'm going to pick up a PSVR tonight since Target has that 10% off deal going on for the next two hours.  Is there any general consensus as to which games are the best out for it right now?

Just finished Robinson. I found it decent for a 1st-gen VR game; I thought of it like a Jurrasic Park exploration-type game. The game represented a weird mixture of VR experiences while using 'old school' controls. The 'up-n-close' experiences with the dinosaurs were pretty amazing.
The motion sickness was an issue with me initially, but it got better over time (VR legs?). To be fair, I used the 'free/smooth' controls, and the first couple of times I played, and after about 20 minutes I think I broke out into a sweat. I ran into a game bug that caused me to restart the game over from the beginning, but this may have been fixed by the latest game patch.
Right now I'm keeping my expectations for VR adventure games to around 6 hours, if for no other reason than VR is in its infancy.

I went to Target and ended up getting an insane deal on it.  PSVR + camera for $291 after tax.

PSVR was an open box model, so $280 there, plus the camera price-matched Target.com's sale for $40, minus 10% via the coupon and 5% via red card.  Picked up Driveclub VR and Eagle Flight to go with it.

s0patnG.png

hey fellow CAG's. im sorry if someone has asked already, but my question is , if you have the PSAR system, do you recommend it? my 13yr wants it for xmas, and im not sure if i should buy it or not? we are mostly xbox one users, but he does have a ps4 , and we want to play VR .

i know theirs 2 other vr kits, but we really cant afford $800. for them, so i was thinking of getting this instead, but before i drop 500.00. wanted to get your thoughts. any help for this old timer CAG's. would be totally appreciated . thanks in advance.
1. If you are going to somehow avoid the gauntlet of amazing games this fall (Dishonored 2, Final Fantasy, Titanfall 2, etc. etc.) then you may be looking for something "new". The only way you will find out is by finding a BB or GS with a demo unit. It's worth the drive if you can possibly do it to save yourself from returning something that doesn't work.

2. There's nothing "newer" than PSVR. It's different an exhilarating every time. I still find myself too tired to grab everything and set it up when I can hop online for a quick game of BF1 or 30 minutes of Dishonored 2 but after every VR session of Tethered or even Superhypercube non VR games just feel old.

3. That said, everything about PSVR feels 1st gen other than the headset which actually gets better as it wears in IMO. After getting a PRO, I don't think it's a better investment because it provide pretty marginal improvements so far. But the bigger question for me is I'm wondering if I should spend 500 dollars on anything I compare it to everything that's 500 bucks. That could be a new TV, A 3DS and a boatload of games, whatever.

The 'up-n-close' experiences with the dinosaurs were pretty amazing.

Right now I'm keeping my expectations for VR adventure games to around 6 hours, if for no other reason than VR is in its infancy.
The dinosaur stuff was just amazing in almost every instance. I kept dying crossing the ravine with the giant pterosaur and it freaked me out every time. I've seen a couple of demo sections with a T-Rex that weren't in my play through and I can't tell if can find them by looking more around the island or not.

I went to Target and ended up getting an insane deal on it. PSVR + camera for $291 after tax.

PSVR was an open box model, so $280 there, plus the camera price-matched Target.com's sale for $40, minus 10% via the coupon and 5% via red card. Picked up Driveclub VR and Eagle Flight to go with it.

s0patnG.png
Congrats!

Anyone having trouble with Sports Bar VR since the update?

I just tried Sports Bar VR since they added shuffleboard, chess, etc. But I ran into a couple of problems with it.

For example, the height of the pool table, the air hockey table, and the skee-ball table would keep getting higher and lower, seemingly at random. Also, whenever I would bend over a little bit, I would lose color and it would sort of go black and white.

I tested some other games and this did not happen, specifically the color issue.

Is anyone else having these problems?

I bought robinson at best buy a couple days ago, only had 1 copy though and the bestbuy guy trying to find it for me said it was only digital even though I ended up finding it.

Just bought the headset today along with Until Dawn, Rigs and Eve Valkyrie. So far have only played Until Dawn with the move controllers but was absolutely blown away by it.

I literally had this problem yesterday! This is what you do, ask them to bring you to customer service. They priced matched it for me no problem, comes to under $16 w/ tax I guess depending on your tax rate. They used their ipad mini she looked up the price and said sure I can price match this for you. She said the cashier couldn't do it because different stores have different prices in store or some crap but if I had any trouble like that again always go to customer service and they should be able to do it with no hassles.
Knowing that I would ultimately need to go to customer service to do the price match I tried this same thing. But I was shot down at customer service because the game was clearance priced online. I left the game with them along with everything else I planned to buy and left the store. Don't get me wrong I love Target but my conversation with the clerk started with "do you price match your website?" The immediate response was "yes we do". Only for the clerk to tell me except for clearance after I showed her the online price. In that case you need to amend your response from yes we do, to under most circumstances except for clearance. Even though I knew others had successfully price matched I just wasnt in a good place after that exchange so I decided not giving them my money was worth more than saving my money.

Just bought the headset today along with Until Dawn, Rigs and Eve Valkyrie. So far have only played Until Dawn with the move controllers but was absolutely blown away by it.
The pig slaughter in stage 2 was immersion in a very disturbing manner. Made me really appreciate the game though.

The pig slaughter in stage 2 was immersion in a very disturbing manner. Made me really appreciate the game though.
Finished it just today. I was extremely impressed how well the game held up even over a two hour period. Tracking with the move controllers got a bit old but I'd happily pay 15-20 bucks for 5-6 more light gun games if they explored different ideas. Rush of Blood is just about the perfect VR arcade game.

Didn't actually play stage 2 yet, so I guess I have that to look forward to. Played some of Eve Valkyrie as well and it was very cool as well

i would tell him no just for the fact that i believe during CES in jan those 3-5 pc companies that is working with microsoft will be annoucing their 300$ ranged vr headsets, should be more affordable and some are rumored to work anything win 10 , psvr i am also interested in but very few games out and the tracking it uses in that great unless in an ideal enviroment

For those of you who love Danger Ball, Holoball is pretty fun as well!  Instead of using your head to play pong, you are using a racquet (move move controller).   DangerBall is more visually polished and HoloBall is more of a retro pixel style but as a tennis player I enjoyed it alot.   Got really frustrating at the higher difficulties as it seemed the ball would just go right through my racquet, but oh well.   Worth the $10 imo

Has anybody played the Martian game?  I really loved the movie and read the book.  But hesitant as it has poor ratings on psn.

How is that Eagle Flight game?

Thinking about my 3rd game for bby's b2g1, im getting vr worlds and robinson.
I've heard good things about it. I haven't seen that or Robinson to purchase physically anywhere except Amazon though, I am interested in playing Eagle Flight and Robinson I just can't justify the price for either as they seem like pretty short experiences overall, but I am craving more content for my PSVR, I've already gotten bored with what I have and am considering trading EVE Valkyrie for either RIGS or BattleZone now, but haven't decided if that'll be worth it for me.

How is that Eagle Flight game?

Thinking about my 3rd game for bby's b2g1, im getting vr worlds and robinson.
One of my local Gamestops has a used copy of Eagle Flight and I have enough of those PUR certificates from Cyber Monday to basically get it for free. Not sure I'm going to snag it though, as I'm still grinding through Battlezone.

I'm finally going to pick up a PSVR this weekend.

I have a bunch of PS Move accessories designed for the PS3. Are they compatible? If so, which ones? I'm guessing the move controller and maybe the navigation controller? Does it matter if they are in the old (clear/red) or new (blue) packaging?

I have a bunch of PS Move accessories designed for the PS3. Are they compatible? If so, which ones? I'm guessing the move controller and maybe the navigation controller? Does it matter if they are in the old (clear/red) or new (blue) packaging?
They are exactly the same sans the packaging.

I don't think the Nav controllers are used for anything in PSVR. The wands are fine.

So as someone who is going digital whenever possible Eve Valkyrie is effectively the GCU price and  I haven't even played Battlezone from the BB sale yet but I wanted to know if anyone here thought it was so great that it's still worth it. For one, is there an online community? i've head it has great MP. Any thoughts?

So as someone who is going digital whenever possible Eve Valkyrie is effectively the GCU price and I haven't even played Battlezone from the BB sale yet but I wanted to know if anyone here thought it was so great that it's still worth it. For one, is there an online community? i've head it has great MP. Any thoughts?
I haven't gotten to play VR as much as I want to but I've never had a problem finding an eve game online. I was told that it's cross play with PC so you aren't just relying on ps4 owners. I never confirmed this was true. I enjoy the game a lot and it helps to fulfill the Last Starfighter dreams I had when I was a kid.

wish I had waited to buy Rez and Thumper, both are 20% off at PS Store, I just got overly excited first day I bought my VR

I haven't gotten to play VR as much as I want to but I've never had a problem finding an eve game online. I was told that it's cross play with PC so you aren't just relying on ps4 owners. I never confirmed this was true. I enjoy the game a lot and it helps to fulfill the Last Starfighter dreams I had when I was a kid.
i just watch the last starfighter again the other day. man when i was a kid i always wanted the arcade cab from the movie.

I picked up Pinball FX2 VR yesterday.  The base game for $15 included 3 tables: MARS, Secrets of the Deep and Epic Quest.  It feels like I'm standing in front of the pins.  It's also cool to be able to lean in to examine the various components in the machine.  They also have extra pins DLC $25 for 5 and also a separate Walking Dead pin for $6 or $7.  

Got a PS4 Pro yesterday and it's night and day with games like RIGS and Robinson, so much clearer and no more blurring on your peripheral vision.

Is the demand for PSVR headset so high that Sony is unable to meet it?

Post Blackfriday, I can hardly find even the Core Headset available with any major retailers.

I am hoping to get some kind of deal by Christmas. Have purchased the camera, motion move controllers and Batman VR game at discount. Just waiting for the Headset to be available at discount some place.

Is the demand for PSVR headset so high that Sony is unable to meet it?

Post Blackfriday, I can hardly find even the Core Headset available with any major retailers.

I am hoping to get some kind of deal by Christmas. Have purchased the camera, motion move controllers and Batman VR game at discount. Just waiting for the Headset to be available at discount some place.
I've been looking everywhere this past week since my HHGregg order fell through and Gamestop just got them in today

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/playstation-vr/129497

Happy to hear this. Got my Pro this week from the Amazon deal, but haven't had much time to mess with it.
RE is a total disruptor overall, just an amazing experience. I think the vast, vast majority of reviews will say the VR version is the superior one by a country mile. I was playing on a Pro as well though and can only wonder if that helped quality as well.

In other news Sport Bar VR and 100f Robot Golf are on sale for $10 and $14 respectfully. Anyone have an opinion on these?

Sports Bar VR is great.  I'd buy it if I didn't already have it.

Also on sale:

Bound - $11.99 (normally $19.99)
Catlateral Damage - $4.99 (normally $9.99)

Also, the prices you listed must be for PS+ subscribers.  For non-PS+ subscribers, the prices are:

100 Foot Robot Golf - $15.99 (normally $19.99)
Sports Bar VR - $13.99 (normally $19.99)

bread's done
Back