Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a REALLY hard time with self control...

I keep wanting to buy Robinson with the BB Buy 2 get 1 free...   But I can't come up with 2 other $39.99 games I want...  

I did pick up FFXV and Tomb Raider last night...  anyone tried out the VR part of either game?  

Having a REALLY hard time with self control...

I keep wanting to buy Robinson with the BB Buy 2 get 1 free... But I can't come up with 2 other $39.99 games I want...

I did pick up FFXV and Tomb Raider last night... anyone tried out the VR part of either game?
FFXV VR is not out yet

I found Catlateral Damage beyond unplayable in VR.

I order to make it more "cat realistic" they decided they'd make it Move-controlled only, with each Move controller acting like a paw that you can swing. The problem is that your paw swing isn't that strong, so unlike the non-VR version of the game, where you could swat at things while walking into them to push them over, you no longer have the option to walk into them to give you the extra strength.  So you end up swinging forever to knock a single thing down.

And yeah, because it's Move-only, you can't walk or jump around either.  Now you project a hologram a distance from you that you just warp to when you want to move.  This makes it even more difficult, as you can't warp close enough to what you want to swat, so sometimes you can't even reach it.  And hitting a button to turn will make you warp-turn some 45 degrees to whichever side.

It would have just been smarter had they left the controls the way they were originally and just changed the viewpoint to VR; at least it's be playable.

Considering Tomb Raider is 40 bucks and I just finished the VR level I'd provide some impressions:

-It's the "episode 1" of Tomb Raider; lots of lore if you like the universe but slow as hell and kind of boring as an actual experience.

-I thought the graphics were taking a big hit in VR but then playing in regular mode I realized the level just isn't as refined as the main game.

-It's pretty long (maybe an hour?) for a side extra. It's a single mansion with lots of backtracking but you are always opening new doors.

-After playing in the regular mode, I watched the screen and was like "I've been there before!". VR Gives the whole experience substantially more impact and emotion (big surprise, right?)

-I played in free mode at the highest speeds and eventually got motion sickness but lasted a while. The teleporting just felt too plodding and targeting for it wasn't great. That said, I think I'm getting my VR legs and getting sick means most people should probably use comfort mode unless they have to.

-Played on PS4 Pro and it didn't appear to have benefits I've seen from higher res VR patches. Now that there's another scary house game(RE7) I felt like game looked good but could have looked better with a Pro Patch as it was heavily aliased.

Has anyone had issues with their VR unit? My boss was telling me, his headset isn't working. It displays a black screen then powers the headset off. He unhooked everything and reconnected it multiple times and still nothing. Was just wondering if anyone else had similar issues? I also know that his son plays it while he isn't home and might have done something to cause a issue.

Mine has been working fine, but haven't really played too much. I only have 20-30 minutes to play most days, so it's quicker to just hop on a normal game such as Mafia or Watchdogs.

I had an issue the other day where everything was black, i.e., there was no VR picture.

I unplugged the cables and plugged them back in again, as suggested on their troubleshooting page, and that seemed to fix it.

I had another issue when playing Sports Bar VR where everything went from color to black and white when bending over.  Also, the height of the pool table and air hockey table kept jumping up and down.  I don't know if this was a problem with the VR headset or the game.  I haven't tried it since.

I had an issue the other day where everything was black, i.e., there was no VR picture.

I unplugged the cables and plugged them back in again, as suggested on their troubleshooting page, and that seemed to fix it.

I had another issue when playing Sports Bar VR where everything went from color to black and white when bending over. Also, the height of the pool table and air hockey table kept jumping up and down. I don't know if this was a problem with the VR headset or the game. I haven't tried it since.
I've had the black and white thing happen to me in other games when I was about to lose tracking for moving my head around too much or whatever. It used to happen alot but then I moved the camera and set everything up better and it doesn't happen anymore. I figured when it went into black and white that was a warning to tell you that you were going out of range.

Anyone know what Sony is doing moving forward with VR? The launch bundle has of course been sold out since release and the standard headset is OOS at almost every retailer (In typical GS fashion I think you can buy it from them but you must buy one of their faux bundles they threw together).

I read something like 50 million PS4's have been sold globally (10 million more than both Wii U and X1 combined). If the two launch VR sku's are hard to find it must mean they are selling better then Sony would have originally imagined otherwise they would have initially manufactured more.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about more being made or a new SKU coming out. I preordered/bought one and never used it and found someone locally who bought it from me at cost + $50 so I got rid of it. Now I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and would like one but they aren't in stock online or anywhere near me meaning I can certainly wait since I will not pay $500 for the core model

Anyone know what Sony is doing moving forward with VR? The launch bundle has of course been sold out since release and the standard headset is OOS at almost every retailer (In typical GS fashion I think you can buy it from them but you must buy one of their faux bundles they threw together).

I read something like 50 million PS4's have been sold globally (10 million more than both Wii U and X1 combined). If the two launch VR sku's are hard to find it must mean they are selling better then Sony would have originally imagined otherwise they would have initially manufactured more.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about more being made or a new SKU coming out. I preordered/bought one and never used it and found someone locally who bought it from me at cost + $50 so I got rid of it. Now I upgraded to a PS4 Pro and would like one but they aren't in stock online or anywhere near me meaning I can certainly wait since I will not pay $500 for the core model
I believe the PsVR actually under performed and they had to change their sales projections (all the VR company's I believe overshot their predictions). With that said, there's a Gamestop, Target and Best Buy all in the same plaza near me and the Gamestop and Target were both sold out when I got mine like 3 weeks ago, but the Best Buy had like 9 of them, so I think it's kind of a crapshoot.

Now that I have PSVR I really want a pro to take full advantage

Also, who has played Loading Human? Looks pretty neat, and I enjoy a good sci fi story, but reviews are iffy

So, I took advantage of Gamestop's B2G1 pre-owned item offer during Thanksgiving week and purchased three PSVR refurbished core units.  Price came out to $233.33 each, after B2G1 offer.  Also at GameStop, bought six "Move" controllers ($20 each after B2G1 offer).  And then, bought three PS Cameras at Best Buy at $30 each.

$233.33  1 PSVR Core refurb

$040.00  2 Move Controllers pre-owned

$030.00  1 PS Camera new

Total: $303.33 (no tax).  Kept one and sold the other two at around total $154 profit.

I'm really liking the PSVR (expectations were low after reading reviews and user comments).  I found wearing the headset comfortable, even with my large eye glasses on.  Motion sickness is an issue for me.  Played DriveClub VR demo first and almost instantly felt sick, but kept playing.  I was really sweating and finally had to stop.  I'm playing on a PS4 Pro.

Games like "Rush of Blood" was still an issue, but not as bad as DriveClub VR.  I was able to keep playing, despite having a little motion sickness.

Hmmm....  I have Worlds.  
Driving games... typically I stink... Played the demo...  

OHHH the agony!!  What to choose.  ;-)  (1st World problems...  )

I believe the PsVR actually under performed and they had to change their sales projections (all the VR company's I believe overshot their predictions). With that said, there's a Gamestop, Target and Best Buy all in the same plaza near me and the Gamestop and Target were both sold out when I got mine like 3 weeks ago, but the Best Buy had like 9 of them, so I think it's kind of a crapshoot.

Now that I have PSVR I really want a pro to take full advantage

Also, who has played Loading Human? Looks pretty neat, and I enjoy a good sci fi story, but reviews are iffy
In Charlotte it has literally taken me 3 weeks to find one and I just found one via Amazon Warehouse Deals yesterday. Either they are super slow to restock or these are selling faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figured some of you might be interested in the digital deals for PSVR games, so here is what's on sale right now:

100ft Robot Golf - $15.99 - 20% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 12/13

Bound - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/13

Catlateral Damage - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/13

Headmaster - $14.99 - 25% Off - Ends 12/12 - PSVR Required

Sports Bar VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 12/13 - PSVR Required

Some of these might've been mentioned earlier, but I figured people might like a full list with links. Might try to post this every week if I remember to do so.

We also have our first free PSVR game for PS+ people:

:ps4:  :ps3: Hyper Void - VR Level Pack

Thanks Frisky.

Also did anyone else notice movement in Robinson feels really slow? It's probably due to motion sickness, but it would be nice to have an option to increase the walking speed, already turned rotational view to smooth though and that was definitely better than the default option.

Wish that every game used the head tracking that Rigs uses for aiming and turning instead of using the right joystick

So far my list of games is
Until Dawn:Rush of Blood
Eve Valkyrie
Rigs
Driveclub VR
Robinson
Holoball
VR World's
Battlezone
Sports bar VR

Thanks Frisky.
Also did anyone else notice movement in Robinson feels really slow? It's probably due to motion sickness, but it would be nice to have an option to increase the walking speed, already turned rotational view to smooth though and that was definitely better than the default option.
Wish that every game used the head tracking that Rigs uses for aiming and turning instead of using the right joystick
So far my list of games is
Until Dawn:Rush of Blood
Eve Valkyrie
Rigs
Driveclub VR
Robinson
Holoball
VR World's
Battlezone
Sports bar VR
What game do you enjoy the most?

I have a decent amount of games but haven't really got to play most of them.
My current list-
Job Simulator
VR Worlds(from bundle)
Rigs(price error)
Batman
Teathered
Windlands
Catlateral Damage
Trackmania Turbo
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Keep Talking and Noone Exploids

Interested in I Expect You to Die, Until Dawn, Here They Lie, Robinson, Tumble, and Eve Valkyrie.

From the games I played I enjoyed Job Simulator and PlayroomVR(Robot Rescue?) the most.

I can't even find a PSVR and RE7 is a month away fuck
I'm guessing anyone who said they say units on the sales floor (let alone multiple) hasn't checked recently. This are going for way over MSRP on eBay and I'm guessing with sites like Brickseek those reselling have picked them all up by now. I went to GameStop and they said they haven't received any additional units for about a month.

I would guess Sony is already manufacturing more and they should be on their way soon but I think this means we won't see a price drop anytime soon

If you're near the Canadian border, check out the Best Buy/Toys R Us or better yet, check out Craigslist/Kijiji as they don't seem to sell over there esp. for the Core units.  

I can't even find a PSVR and RE7 is a month away fuck
I was in your place till a few days back!

Initially after PSVR launch, I was looking for a good offer/discount, and ignored offers like the Target (10% off wishlist + 5% redcard) (when the Core Units were easily available). I waited specifically for the Target 15% offer on 27Nov and by then all the units were sold out.

Since then finding an unit even at the retail price itself seemed difficult.

I set up stock alerts on a couple of sites (brickseek/nowinstock) and was able to snatch one from Target. Stock at Amazon also keeps coming daily but gets sold out within a minute or so.

PS: ToysRus has 25% off on accessories going on for this week and they have listed PSVR at $299. Guess they are so confident that it wouldn't come back in stock this week =P~

What game do you enjoy the most?

I have a decent amount of games but haven't really got to play most of them.
My current list-
Job Simulator
VR Worlds(from bundle)
Rigs(price error)
Batman
Teathered
Windlands
Catlateral Damage
Trackmania Turbo
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Keep Talking and Noone Exploids

Interested in I Expect You to Die, Until Dawn, Here They Lie, Robinson, Tumble, and Eve Valkyrie.

From the games I played I enjoyed Job Simulator and PlayroomVR(Robot Rescue?) the most.
If you like light gun games then U til Dawn is a no brainer. Game is really fun, and well done.

I've enjoyed Rigs a lot, it's hard to find matches with all humans, but even with bots it's been very cool

Driveclub VR is really awesome. Graphics aren't amazing, but when it's that immersing you don't care about the graphics

Eve is also very cool.

Holoball is neat, but requires a lot of space and sometimes I miss when I feel like it should connect.

Haven't been super impressed with Robinson, but that's mostly because of the movement speed, but just started it, and haven't really played enough of it to know.

Haven't played a ton of the others yet either.

I will say I am not prone to motion sickness at all, so I don't really need to limit my time playing or what I'm doing in the games

It's probably still a good idea to limit your play time.  To my understanding, VR is very straining on the eyes.  Hell, it isn't recommended to play even non-VR gaming for too long.

Standing in TRU and the 25% tag says excludes VR headsets.

quote name="vikasbpai" post="13563223" timestamp="1481579905"]

Initially after PSVR launch, I was looking for a good offer/discount, and ignored offers like the Target (10% off wishlist + 5% redcard) (when the Core Units were easily available). I waited specifically for the Target 15% offer on 27Nov and by then all the units were sold out.

I set up stock alerts on a couple of sites (brickseek/nowinstock) and was able to snatch one from Target. Stock at Amazon also keeps coming daily but gets sold out within a minute or so.

PS: ToysRus has 25% off on accessories going on for this week and they have listed PSVR at $299. Guess they are so confident that it wouldn't come back in stock this week =P~[/quote]

Still can't find any in retail. Snagged one off of Warehouse deals listed at Very Good for $375 but it's not supposed to ship until next week. Hope it does! :/

[quote name="Bivensra" post="13563345" timestamp="1481586704"]

PS: ToysRus has 25% off on accessories going on for this week and they have listed PSVR at $299. Guess they are so confident that it wouldn't come back in stock this week =P~[/quote][/quote]

The price is $299.99 on the website so you could have just pricematched it

While I knew Sony wouldn't have a ton of sets I'm surprised and disappointing they went with the artificial shortage approach.My guess is they made 1m units and have effectively sold through until next year with distributors getting the remaining units from warehouses when possible. If RE7 blows up the internet for VR games Sony will need to double their efforts, which will convince a lot more AAA development to jump on the bandwagon in 2017 if that happens.

PS: ToysRus has 25% off on accessories going on for this week and they have listed PSVR at $299. Guess they are so confident that it wouldn't come back in stock this week =P~
[/QUOTE]Like mentioned by WolfmanASTN, you could have shown the online price at store and price matched/clarified that the 25% is advertised on PSVR too. Check the ToyRus site and search for PSVR.

Resident Evil 7 is my most anticipated game but Farpoint is a close second. Has any word of a concrete release date been announced? Besides RE, Farpoint looks like it could be the PSVR's first true full-game VR experience. 

Has anyone tried returning this to Best Buy? I've opened it and played it a couple of times, but its been severely straining my eyes and making me motion sick. Unfortunately its just not for me, so I was wondering what everyones experience has been with returning these things. (Still within return window)

Still can't find any in retail. Snagged one off of Warehouse deals listed at Very Good for $375 but it's not supposed to ship until next week. Hope it does! :/

Are these actually short? I was able to snag 3 refurbished units from gamestop on black friday during their buy 2 get 1. Sold two of the units and kept one for myself. Ended up being $50 ahead and one free psvr core unit. It seemed pretty easy to snag them from gamestop. I was wondering why both sold for $450+ on ebay.

Are these actually short? I was able to snag 3 refurbished units from gamestop on black friday during their buy 2 get 1. Sold two of the units and kept one for myself. Ended up being $50 ahead and one free psvr core unit. It seemed pretty easy to snag them from gamestop. I was wondering why both sold for $450+ on ebay.
Yes. Check eBay now. They are going for over $600 now.

That's what they're listed at, but none have sold at that price. In fact, the PSVR seems to be used for money laundering since many "bundles" have sold for $30 or less within seconds of bing listed.

That's crazy to me. I mean it's neat but its not worth the price people are paying. That's crazy. Supply and demand I suppose. I really hope to get a deal like I got on a Scorpio next holiday season. I did the same buy 2 get 1 deal on the one tb xbox one s. First time in awhile that I flipped and it worked out for me. Anyways I did pickup up driveclub, rigs, and battlezone yesterday. I know have those and batman, vr worlds, until dawn, sportsbar vr, and catlateral damage. Haven't had the time to really sit and play alot of them yet but I was really interested in rigs, sportsbar, and batman. Anyone else have suggestions for good VR games? I have Resident evil 7 preordered from a previous bestbuy deal.

I Expect You To Die came out today. Looks pretty cool although short. Price is $24.99 and there is a 20% off coupon for the store from last weeks store email.

Has anyone tried returning this to Best Buy? I've opened it and played it a couple of times, but its been severely straining my eyes and making me motion sick. Unfortunately its just not for me, so I was wondering what everyones experience has been with returning these things. (Still within return window)
I sold a PSVR to a craiglister that ended up returning it to Best Buy after trying it and not liking it.

I wish there was some deals on some VR games in store. Would like to pick up EVE and Eagle flight, etc. Missed the buy 2 get 1 or else I would have picked up some during that deal... I Expect You To Die looks like fun. Would probably pick that game up.

My PSVR broke (the optical display wont power up). I returned it to BB to get my $$$ back and now hoping I can find another one because they are all out of stock. Didn't think they were this popular.

My PSVR broke (the optical display wont power up). I returned it to BB to get my $$$ back and now hoping I can find another one because they are all out of stock. Didn't think they were this popular.
So someone is going to buy that unit from BB and it's already broken? Hopefully it's at least a reseller. Glad I got mine at launch.

About the stock, I reported my local walmart having some but after checking today, they are in fact sold out.

bread's done
Back