Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
GameStop has the Holiday Bundle and Ultimate Holiday Bundle back in stock for shipping at the moment.  Really want but rather buy elsewhere with other discounts/rewards programs.

Here are the PSVR games on sale for this week on PSN:

Here They Lie - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/3/17

Trackmania Turbo - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/3/17

Trackmania Turbo has about 40 specific VR levels, which are well designed in a way that Driveclub doesn't have that caused me some nausea issues the first time I played that.
Im going to finally play through here they lie

Alternative that is $100.

quote name="Callidus" post="13580624" timestamp="1482948983"]

That sounds epic... you sent me down a rabbit hole researching racing wheel setups now. :p[/quote][attachment=24976:image.jpg]

on wheels i would stay away from hori wheel unless its for your kids. no force feedback and build on a rubber band system.

for a more money i would buy t150 for the cheapest wheel. was 120.00 to 150ish on amazon but you would want to upgrade the peddals.

https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Force-Feedback-Racing-PlayStation-4/dp/B014US02ZA

if you can find a logitech g29 for 200.00 i would consider that one becuse it has a pretty good wheel and pedals out of the box.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Driving-Force-Feedback-Steering/dp/B00Z0UWWYC

but the best bang for the buck is thrustmaster Ferrari Alcantara Edition if you can get it for 300.00. its belt motor system with the upgraded pedal system with the very nice alcantara ferrari wheel that can be changed out to other wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015KJ0SES/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for me force feedback in a wheel is a must its adds so much to the game. heres a pretty good review on the wheels for ps4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVNtBdXRDjw&t=1863s

on a side note i would only buy a wheel from a local store or online place like amazon or bestbuy with a no hassle free returns. a wheel is big and heavy and if you get one that breaks you dont want to have to pay return shipping.

Thanks for the info Were8.  I ended up locking in an order for the TM Ferrari Alcantara on Amazon for $300 - seems like a heck of a price on that one right now.  It's OOS S&S via Amazon at the moment but still able to be ordered so I pulled the trigger.  Also have the shift stick and T3PA-Pro pedals on the way.  Out of curiosity - are you using an off-the-shelf wheel stand solution?  Debating the Wheel Stand Pro setup.

Thanks for the info Were8. I ended up locking in an order for the TM Ferrari Alcantara on Amazon for $300 - seems like a heck of a price on that one right now. It's OOS S&S via Amazon at the moment but still able to be ordered so I pulled the trigger. Also have the shift stick and T3PA-Pro pedals on the way. Out of curiosity - are you using an off-the-shelf wheel stand solution? Debating the Wheel Stand Pro setup.
the alcantara wheel does come with the upgraded T3PA pedal already so you really wouldnt need to buy the pro unless you want to invert them into a rig,

i use a wheel stand i got years ago looks kinds like this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GT-ART-Racing-Simulator-Steering-Wheel-Stand-for-G27-G29-PS4-G920-T300RS-458-T80-/282153185124?hash=item41b1a3ef64:g:BkoAAOSwux5YQFU6

i like how it has 2 bars going up to the wheel so your legs or on the inside of the bars. the other type like this one you have to have your legs wrapped around the single middle bar

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Racing-Simulator-Steering-Wheel-Stand-Pro-for-Logitech-G29-G920-G27-G25-/271425525660?hash=item3f3238d79c:g:2-4AAOSwiDFYOG1c

Been playing through Robinson... and I have mixed feelings about it.

It is SOOOOO SLOW.  I have absolutely ZERO desire to go back to areas and find everything...  So I would hate buying this game and having to keep it.  

It has some really cool moments.  Those long necks are incredible.  The heights are GREAT.  Love looking down and seeing things.  

Had another cool moment where I was behind a tree, and I wanted to see around it.  So I instinctively moved up in my seat and looked around the tree.  When the game copied it, I was shocked.  Then I stood up and wanted to see how far I could see.  That is something really cool.

Jump scares...  UGH.  I hate them.  And I am heading into the T-Rex section now...  Not very happy about that...  
I do like the story though.  More of it would have been nice.  

Jump scares... UGH. I hate them. And I am heading into the T-Rex section now... Not very happy about that...
I do like the story though. More of it would have been nice.
Those raptors bro. I kinda wanna go back and plat it but have been hesitant for the same reason in terms of slow plodding controls I think a motion control patch will convince me to revisit. At 32 bucks GCU price it's a fun look at what a real VR game could look like but any more would be dissapointing. I'm quite convinced RE7 is going to be insane in terms of building a VR brand, even much more than the SW demo that looks like it was commissioned from Sony to be demoed at Best Buy due to it's casual nature.

Anyone have any more input on what is fun for first timers to play or experience?

I've been messing with Vive. The biggest hits were Zombie Training Simulator and Long bow.

I'm planning to try the Resident Evil Kitchen demo for PS4.

Anyone have any more input on what is fun for first timers to play or experience?
-Star Wars VR is a great exclusive if you have Battlefront

-Batman Arkham VR is great

-Ocean Decent if you have VR worlds

-SuperHyperCube is on sale and has a demo

-RE7 demo is great

-Rush of Blood demo is great

If you had to pick between Rush of Blood and Batman, which would you go with? I know you just played the demo, but what did you think.

Best Buy may someday get more VRs from Sony and I might need to pick one. :)

-Star Wars VR is a great exclusive if you have Battlefront

-Batman Arkham VR is great

-Ocean Decent if you have VR worlds

-SuperHyperCube is on sale and has a demo

-RE7 demo is great

-Rush of Blood demo is great

I originally wanted that one but the one I got is fine. I'm just happy to get rid of some of the wires from the move controller chargers. Also I was disconnecting the headset and setting it in a separate room while not playing. Now I don't need to do that.

Finally put the headset on yesterday, first time since that Thanksgiving. I checked out the RE7 updated demo for the first time. When I tried to open the door and Jack was standing there it scared the shit outta me. My kids had a good laugh at me. After playing for an hour or so, I felt weird for a little awhile. Maybe since it's been so long since I played.

Also with RE7, you can change the controls. That 30 degree angle system is kinda lame. Maybe that's why I felt sick?

I originally wanted that one but the one I got is fine. I'm just happy to get rid of some of the wires from the move controller chargers. Also I was disconnecting the headset and setting it in a separate room while not playing. Now I don't need to do that.
Finally put the headset on yesterday, first time since that Thanksgiving. I checked out the RE7 updated demo for the first time. When I tried to open the door and Jack was standing there it scared the shit outta me. My kids had a good laugh at me. After playing for an hour or so, I felt weird for a little awhile. Maybe since it's been so long since I played.
Also with RE7, you can change the controls. That 30 degree angle system is kinda lame. Maybe that's why I felt sick?
The jerky-angle option is to prevent motion sickness. Smooth controls while also being able to move your head on a separate axis is vomit fuel.

The jerky-angle option is to prevent motion sickness. Smooth controls while also being able to move your head on a separate axis is vomit fuel.

Are you people talking about the RE7: Beginning Hour demo? I had downloaded it when it came out originally, but didn't have PSVR then. Heard that the demo was updated to include more content, but thought it was always non VR.

I thought that game was non VR version. Is the VR any good compared to the Kitchen teaser?

Are you people talking about the RE7: Beginning Hour demo? I had downloaded it when it came out originally, but didn't have PSVR then. Heard that the demo was updated to include more content, but thought it was always non VR.

I thought that game was non VR version. Is the VR any good compared to the Kitchen teaser?
The entire game is playable through VR. First real triple A title to release a VR game. The rest of the games so far in my opinion have just been showcase games to show you little things here and there that VR can do. Will be interesting to see what comes out in the future. I get worried that it'll become kintect with just gimmick games and no real actual full fledged games.

Beat Robinson...  and nope... the T-Rex was not scary at all.  Sort of interesting to look at it.  It is a GREAT design.  Funny... the VR can do that so well.... but a leaf?  Yea...  not so much.  But I beat it... and that was fine.  

Would I pay $40 for that experience?  Not a chance.  Arkham for $10 is still the best value, and the go to show piece for me!!  (Star Wars Battlefront is amazing also... but takes a bit longer for people to get into.)  

any ideas to get something cheaper than gamestop bundle ? That is pretty expensive and all the games on the bundle are digital. Somewhere should have to have the basic package

any ideas to get something cheaper than gamestop bundle ? That is pretty expensive and all the games on the bundle are digital. Somewhere should have to have the basic package
That bundle's a ripoff. Be patient and piece it together yourself for a cheaper price. You can probably find cheap used motion controllers somewhere (I got 2 used ones from a pawn shop for $8 each) and the camera is $40 right now on Amazon. Some of the games were on sale for Black Friday but if you missed them then you will start to see used copies of them popping up, Gamestop just had a B2G1 on used games. If I were you I'd knock that stuff out while waiting for the Core headset ($399) to come back in stock.

Like mentioned in JoshTX, you can get the accessories cheaper buying used or with some offers individually eg: Ebay just had an $15 off $75 offer 2 days back. Gamestop is running B2G1 pre-owned promo currently. You can check there too.

When you check, you can search for PS3 move motion controllers instead of the 2 pack PS4 rebranded controllers.

Coming to Headset, you can set alerts on bricks33k or n0winst0ck, for all the major retailers. Need to be quick in adding the item to cart and checkout. That's how I grabbed my headset almost 10-15 days after I already bought all the accessories and games.

It works great in Rigs, they gotta at least give those of us that don't get nauseous the option
They do. There are options to adjust what degree of turn each stick move does, ex. 45, 90. You can also disable that and leave it on smooth but for me, being able to look one way and have the walking direction change and still be able to move the stick is horrendous.

Any rumors on these coming back in stock or a (hopefully) new bundle? Wanting to pull trigger, but no luck out there!
Really bizarre thing for me. I have not used my psvr for at least 6 weeks but I would not part with mine under any foreseeable circumstances. I did pick up driveclub vr and werewolf within with PUR cyber monday coupons though.

Really bizarre thing for me. I have not used my psvr for at least 6 weeks but I would not part with mine under any foreseeable circumstances. I did pick up driveclub vr and werewolf within with PUR cyber monday coupons though.
Similar here. Just havent really had the time to sit down and play it much. Did end up getting RIGs finally though last week and can't wait for Resident Evil this month.

I played some Fruit Ninja but had extremely busy holidays. I need to finish Tethered, I Expect You to Die and The Assembly and then I'm pretty much caught up on VR purchases until RE7 which I will have to play without headphones and my wife talking to me in the background the whole time.

What coupons?
The Gamestop used game coupons that you buy with your rewards points. They were half off on Cyber Monday, and several of us "cashed out" and got enough to get a few used games, basically for free or close to free. If you have alot of PUR points accumulated, I would wait until Cyber Monday again this year and cash them out if they do another one of those half off deals. I ended up getting like 4 or 5 games for free from all the coupons I had.

The Gamestop used game coupons that you buy with your rewards points. They were half off on Cyber Monday, and several of us "cashed out" and got enough to get a few used games, basically for free or close to free. If you have alot of PUR points accumulated, I would wait until Cyber Monday again this year and cash them out if they do another one of those half off deals. I ended up getting like 4 or 5 games for free from all the coupons I had.
OH I see, I thought you ment there were coupons for those exact games.

My friend that was having issues with his PSVR finally contacted Playstation. They said it sounds like cord #4 went bad. They are sending him a prepaid shipping box and he has to ship his whole system in. Hopefully he will have a quick turn around, but looks like he will miss the RE7 launch. I'm so behind on games all together. Everyone talks about catching up on their backlog this time of year. This is the time of year I actually have less time to play... I'll be happy to finish Watch Dogs 2 before Horizon releases.

I played some Fruit Ninja but had extremely busy holidays. I need to finish Tethered, I Expect You to Die and The Assembly and then I'm pretty much caught up on VR purchases until RE7 which I will have to play without headphones and my wife talking to me in the background the whole time.
Wow, that will really ruin the experience.

Better than having the cops come when the neighbors hear the shrieking.
I allowed my niece's teenage friend to try the kitchen demo and It crossed my mind that the police could be knocking on the door within the next few minutes. Won't do that again.

Just got a launch bundle from Amazon prime now today in NYC! Excited to try some games, do the digital only games like job simulator, Rez vr and others go on sale anywhere? Seems like they're never part of weekly psn sales

Just got a launch bundle from Amazon prime now today in NYC! Excited to try some games, do the digital only games like job simulator, Rez vr and others go on sale anywhere? Seems like they're never part of weekly psn sales
Job Simulator has never been on sale. Rez was on sale for a week back when the game awards were announced in November. A few others have been on sale here or there but usually a piddly little amount. 10% here or 20% there, never anything to write home about. Sony and friends seem to love discounting full games you can buy at retail but rarely discount DLC or digital-only release.

Any clue when the restock will be happening? Sold my headset since the profit was too much to resist but now I realize RE7 is out at the end of the month.

Any clue when the restock will be happening? Sold my headset since the profit was too much to resist but now I realize RE7 is out at the end of the month.
Good question. Now that Christmas has come and gone I thought we would start to see them pop up again, but it still hasn't happened. I'm not sure if it's due to a more rigorous assembly process at the factory or if Sony's just trying to pull a "Nintendo" and get people sucked into hype through a false sense of rarity, but they really need to get these things back on the shelves to capitalize on the RE7 release.

Didn't look to see how good the deals were EU store had a bunch of VR titles on sale for a January promotion. Hopefully the US store gets something similar this month or possibly for Valentines.

bread's done
Back