Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't look to see how good the deals were EU store had a bunch of VR titles on sale for a January promotion. Hopefully the US store gets something similar this month or possibly for Valentines.
Because there's no better way to say "I love you" than putting on a headset and slipping away to a virtual world where you can't see or hear your significant other. ;)

Because there's no better way to say "I love you" than putting on a headset and slipping away to a virtual world where you can't see or hear your significant other. ;)
Ha! Very true.

The exception there might be Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Haven't seen it discussed much in this thread, likely due to lack of sales and having been out on other platforms for awhile.

Anyways I had friends over so we bought this and it functions as an entertaining party game, even to those outside of the headset. I wish the people had something more to look at on the outside but it's still fun.

Basically the premise of the game is the VR headset wearer is diffusing a bomb and people outside of the headset (the 'experts') give instructions on how to defuse it. You can either pull up a manual on the TV or print a PDF of it. Takes a lot of coordination and communication to get them done in time. There's 35 or so bombs with increasing difficulty to go through and then a Free Play mode where you can change the settings such as times, strikes, modules, etc. I have a laminator so I actually laminated my manual so I could write on it if needed. I felt it was fair and in the spirit of the game still. There are some "cheat sheets' that people have made to make it easier but it sort of ruins the spirit of the game just a tad. Recommended at full price if you have people over or for sure get it while it's on sale. Works the mind in a nice way but great for non-gamers as well.

Did anyone upgrade their ps4 for a pro? If so, how would you describe the upgrade on visuals(vr). Neogaf felt like Sony central and the photos were a hit or miss depending on the screenshot. In CAG we trust

Did anyone upgrade their ps4 for a pro? If so, how would you describe the upgrade on visuals(vr). Neogaf felt like Sony central and the photos were a hit or miss depending on the screenshot. In CAG we trust
Depends on the game, but I've noticed a noticeable improvement with VR overall on Pro. Just smoother graphics and certain games like Eve Valkyrie look quite a bit better IMO.

Ha! Very true.

The exception there might be Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Haven't seen it discussed much in this thread, likely due to lack of sales and having been out on other platforms for awhile.
I had seen a trailer for it, and it looked pretty fun, but alas, at this point in my life, most of my friends have pretty much moved too far away from the area, so we don't get together much anymore outside of online. And sadly, my girlfriend is not a gamer, so that would likely not happen. Wish they'd have made online work somehow, like Werewolves Within did.

from someone who started vr on the ps4 then got ps4 pro on release day. the first time i started a game i had to stop and search the internet to see if you had to select a setting or something for pro mode. i could not honestly tell if i was on a pro or normal ps4. it was like i would see picks on the internet shadow and lights differences then notice it in the games. yes the pro is better and would say buy it for vr if you dont have a ps4 yet. if you have a ps4 then i would wait till a sale or till would want more harddrive space.

from someone who started vr on the ps4 then got ps4 pro on release day. the first time i started a game i had to stop and search the internet to see if you had to select a setting or something for pro mode. i could not honestly tell if i was on a pro or normal ps4. it was like i would see picks on the internet shadow and lights differences then notice it in the games. yes the pro is better and would say buy it for vr if you dont have a ps4 yet. if you have a ps4 then i would wait till a sale or till would want more harddrive space.
Interesting. I'm considering it because if the 50 dollars extra for trading in a ps4 towards a pro. Hmm

Wait, where can you sell your PS4 and pay a 50 dollar difference for a pro?
I believe he is talking about the Gamestop promo where you get an extra $50 credit toward a Pro. It isn't a $50 difference. Although I suppose if you want to pay around a $50 difference, you can potentially sell your old PS4 on Craigslist or somewhere, and then buy a used Pro or a dinger.

They had the PS4 promo -  or something similar back in December. I traded in my launch PS4 and got the TIV plus a $50 gift card - took that and applied it to buying the PS4 Pro.

I have Batman, EVE, and Battlezone - you can definitely tell that they all seem to run a little smoother. I can tell a slight graphical difference in Battlezone. I might grab DriveClub VR again. 

Don't just upgrade for VR though - it does make a difference if my other games that have Pro patches if you have a 4K HDTV. If you thought Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us were beautiful before... I got Dishonored 2 for Christmas but haven't cranked it up yet. 

Just saw the new that Dirt Rally is getting full VR support. I'm super excited as the trailer looks MUCH better than what Driveclub did plus Dirt Rally already support PC VR so I imagine this is just an optimization of an already thought out thing. PLUS it has couch co-op where the second player i the co-driver the track data and other info to give direction using the other PS4 controller. I;m a big Dirt fan so frankly I'm more excited about this than RE7. Amazon and Best Buy are sold out so the only new copies are 30 bucks at Gamestop. It doesn't look like it will be hard to find though there's a bit of confusion on how the "standalone" VR patch works. Sadly, it sounds a bit like you might have to pay for it unless you got it bundled free with certain retailers. I'm hoping they wise up and realize they'll sell more copies without any stupid hoops to jump through or markups but it supposed to be released in a few weeks.

Damn. They keep adding VR support to out of print games or games I bought on Xbox. At least the article said there will be a new boxed version in stores.

Just saw the new that Dirt Rally is getting full VR support. I'm super excited as the trailer looks MUCH better than what Driveclub did plus Dirt Rally already support PC VR so I imagine this is just an optimization of an already thought out thing. PLUS it has couch co-op where the second player i the co-driver the track data and other info to give direction using the other PS4 controller. I;m a big Dirt fan so frankly I'm more excited about this than RE7. Amazon and Best Buy are sold out so the only new copies are 30 bucks at Gamestop. It doesn't look like it will be hard to find though there's a bit of confusion on how the "standalone" VR patch works. Sadly, it sounds a bit like you might have to pay for it unless you got it bundled free with certain retailers. I'm hoping they wise up and realize they'll sell more copies without any stupid hoops to jump through or markups but it supposed to be released in a few weeks.
Nice, there was a clearance copy at my local Target yesterday for 19.98. I'm going to check after work and pick it up if it is still there.

$12.99 DLC acccording to: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/01/12/dirt-rally-playstation-vr-support-coming-soon-paid-dlc/

Is Gunjack basically just an extension of Eve that has you sitting in a turret shooting at ships? Is there any more to it than that? 

Is Gunjack basically just an extension of Eve that has you sitting in a turret shooting at ships? Is there any more to it than that?
It's a standalone game based around being the turret on a mining ship to protect them from attacks for about 20 stages or so. You're not flying around or doing any sort of MP like in Eve Valkyrie, so it's a bit of a different thing.

It's a standalone game based around being the turret on a mining ship to protect them from attacks for about 20 stages or so. You're not flying around or doing any sort of MP like in Eve Valkyrie, so it's a bit of a different thing.
Thanks. For 5 bucks I will probably just grab it regardless.

Depends on the game, but I've noticed a noticeable improvement with VR overall on Pro. Just smoother graphics and certain games like Eve Valkyrie look quite a bit better IMO.
I was interested until I found out it doesn't play 4K disks so I'm waiting

Played the RE7 demo in VR the other night. It's pretty intense, and the feeling of impending doom made it hard to play for too long. I'm not sure how I'm gonna get through a full game like this

Had a few gift cards come in the mail from BB, from random post purchase adjustments. And I got a free $10 gift card by email. So I used those to order the Digital Deluxe Edition of RE7. Was just gonna get the standard edition but had enough plus extra. Anyone buy digitally from BB? How do pre-orders work? Will I get a code on release day?

Guys, I'm in the Orlando Florida area right now because vacations (Disney). Any ideas where to find a PSRV ? I tried gamestop online and no luck, also searched with the target product locator, all zeroes about stock.

Any ideas where to find one will be much appreciated since where I live there are no stock whatsoever.

TY!

How is the Demo for RE7 with VR?

I kind of want to experience it, im super hype for RE7 but is the demo ripped from the main game or is the demo its own thing?

With the full retail game around the corner I dont want any spoilers or anything, so i might just wait at this point.

Guys, I'm in the Orlando Florida area right now because vacations (Disney). Any ideas where to find a PSRV ? I tried gamestop online and no luck, also searched with the target product locator, all zeroes about stock.

Any ideas where to find one will be much appreciated since where I live there are no stock whatsoever.

TY!
just came back (to NYC, yuck) from Orlando 3 days ago, the Hunters Creek GS is pretty big, but the chance of them having it is pretty small since you find none online, and I strongly suggest to stay away from not only the GS's but all stores in Florida Mall as they scam people and rude to no end.

I kind of want to experience it, im super hype for RE7 but is the demo ripped from the main game or is the demo its own thing?

With the full retail game around the corner I dont want any spoilers or anything, so i might just wait at this point.
It's a seperate thing to get you used to the gmae's feel so you won't have any real story spoilers.

It's really really good and very immersing. Really scary in the "doom is around the next corner even though nothing has actually harmed me at all" kind of way. I planned on buying the game but haven't made it through the whole demo yet so I'm not sure if I should buy it or not. It makes my heart feel like its going to explode

They had the PS4 promo - or something similar back in December. I traded in my launch PS4 and got the TIV plus a $50 gift card - took that and applied it to buying the PS4 Pro.

I have Batman, EVE, and Battlezone - you can definitely tell that they all seem to run a little smoother. I can tell a slight graphical difference in Battlezone. I might grab DriveClub VR again.

Don't just upgrade for VR though - it does make a difference if my other games that have Pro patches if you have a 4K HDTV. If you thought Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us were beautiful before... I got Dishonored 2 for Christmas but haven't cranked it up yet.
I just tried Driveclub vr for the first time last week. It was far more blurry than I expected. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I was nauseous for about an hour after one 5 minute race.

I just tried Driveclub vr for the first time last week. It was far more blurry than I expected. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but I was nauseous for about an hour after one 5 minute race.
Yeah, I don't know if it's the camera or what about Driveclub VR, but I had a fine time with Trackmania Turbo so that I know it's not racing games in generalthat cause the issues. Trackmania's camera is kind of locked to an axis, so the car moves independent of that instead of Driveclub's third-person camera moving with the car for that erratic view.

Yeah, I don't know if it's the camera or what about Driveclub VR, but I had a fine time with Trackmania Turbo so that I know it's not racing games in generalthat cause the issues. Trackmania's camera is kind of locked to an axis, so the car moves independent of that instead of Driveclub's third-person camera moving with the car for that erratic view.
So I played 2 more rounds of Driveclub VR. I improved my driving tremendously which led to my being surrounded by cars as opposed to staring at the wide open road. There was definitely something about having other objects around me that made it less nauseating. I don't feel great (after playing for about 20 mins) but I definitely feel better than I did previously.

I've completely avoided playing or reading about any RE7 demos at all except for the single-scene kitchen demo because I wanted the game to be a completely new experience for me when I got it. It's kinda interesting to think that all of that demo content is not part of the actual game and it's all extra. I want to say I find it hard to believe but I guess it's possible.

I've completely avoided playing or reading about any RE7 demos at all except for the single-scene kitchen demo because I wanted the game to be a completely new experience for me when I got it. It's kinda interesting to think that all of that demo content is not part of the actual game and it's all extra. I want to say I find it hard to believe but I guess it's possible.
Thats what ive done, ive tried to avoid watching any trailers or gameplay footage as much as possible, i dont want to be spoiled for the main game next week.

Isnt the demo you play VR (the new one not the kitchen demo) involving you fighting against the baker family? Getting chased down in their house or something?

Id love to play the VR demo to get a taste of the game, but only if its 100% its own thing (not playing as the main characters?) and not a ripped segment from the full RE7 game.

Thats what ive done, ive tried to avoid watching any trailers or gameplay footage as much as possible, i dont want to be spoiled for the main game next week.

Isnt the demo you play VR (the new one not the kitchen demo) involving you fighting against the baker family? Getting chased down in their house or something?

Id love to play the VR demo to get a taste of the game, but only if its 100% its own thing (not playing as the main characters?) and not a ripped segment from the full RE7 game.
Yeah, I don't even know honestly, because I've avoided reading or looking at it so much, just like you. The kitchen demo I was ok with trying after a guy told me it was literally only 1 scene that only lasted 2 minutes. But I don't want to play a demo of the family chasing you or whatever, would rather experience that as part of the story unless, like you said, it's something that never happens in the main game.

Yeah, I don't even know honestly, because I've avoided reading or looking at it so much, just like you. The kitchen demo I was ok with trying after a guy told me it was literally only 1 scene that only lasted 2 minutes. But I don't want to play a demo of the family chasing you or whatever, would rather experience that as part of the story unless, like you said, it's something that never happens in the main game.

I think they originally said the demo was supposed to give a general idea of how the full game would feel and not actually be a demo of it. But the house, woman in the window of the house, vhs tape and such Id seen in trailers for the demo are in the CE so it makes me wonder if its not part of the full game. So for the sake of not being sure I just avoided the demo myself.

From what I understand the demo is its own experience. There's multiple tapes in the main game, the one from the demo is only for the demo. There's also multiple ways to play the demo. Apparently there is still a ending that hasn't been discovered.

Just got confirmation that the Demo was made separate from the main game so theres no risk of spoilers. So im definitely giving the VR demo a shot tonight.

CAG Win Atelier Shallie Plus: AotDS (Vita) Code contest for you guys. https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/821790591067574272

when are they going to resupply? Been almost 2 months since stores sold out. Sony only sold 800k. I doubt they can't produce another 200-350k units for RE7 launch. Are they trying to be like Nintendo with the NES classic?

when are they going to resupply? Been almost 2 months since stores sold out. Sony only sold 800k. I doubt they can't produce another 200-350k units for RE7 launch. Are they trying to be like Nintendo with the NES classic?
They are trickling in. My Best Buy got in 18 last week.

Anyone know of a deal on adult diapers? Might need them to play this in VR
I only played the newest update once in VR and I was jumping like a baby. My kids were watching me play, at least they got a good laugh at dad.
does anyone know if the pro will offer a visual update for re7 vr? really interested to know
Not sure about the VR aspect, but the game itself has Pro Enhancements.

bread's done
Back