Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Just recently got the RE7 Platinum. Man I really enjoyed that game. I thought I'd like it but I was actually impressed. The switch to first person worked well. And the VR was pretty good, didn't play it all in VR though. Going to check out the dlc until Horizon drops. The dlc actually looks decent as well.

Thanks.  I may try it, I'm just not sure if I want to invest $15 just to be able to draw in the air.  How are the other modes in the game?  Are they fun?

Also, has anyone bought Perfect?  Wondering if that's worth the $10 price tag.

Also, has anyone bought Perfect? Wondering if that's worth the $10 price tag.
Nah, I was interested because the dev had made some mediation apps for the Gear and the claim was it was a high production environment in VR. I don't think it is nearly as good looking as Psychonauts or RE7 and it has extremely limited interaction. I got it for 6 bucks based on a 15% off total order coupon and a launch discount and I'd say it wasn't worth that.

Thanks. I may try it, I'm just not sure if I want to invest $15 just to be able to draw in the air. How are the other modes in the game? Are they fun?
It is primarily a VR music visualizer. You sit, listen to music, and space out to insanely triply visuals that are all encompassing. If that sounds like something that interests you, it will be incredible. If that sounds boring, it will probably lose its appeal rapidly.

I am quite happy to have purchased it.

Thanks. I may try it, I'm just not sure if I want to invest $15 just to be able to draw in the air. How are the other modes in the game? Are they fun?

Also, has anyone bought Perfect? Wondering if that's worth the $10 price tag.
If you haven't downloaded the PSVR demo disc on PSN or install the included disc, I believe Harmonix Music VR is on there so you can try it out. Though I don't know if it lets you try out everything in the game.

The demo disc lets you try out each of the four minigames in a limited capacity. You can't use your own music in the demo and it just goes from one of the mini-games to the next one before ending.  The only minigame in it that I thought was really good was the art one (which, incidentally has nothing to do with music,) but even that became a downer when I realized how could it would have been if we could export the art into a 3D model to work on in 3DS Max.

The demo disc lets you try out each of the four minigames in a limited capacity. You can't use your own music in the demo and it just goes from one of the mini-games to the next one before ending. The only minigame in it that I thought was really good was the art one (which, incidentally has nothing to do with music,) but even that became a downer when I realized how could it would have been if we could export the art into a 3D model to work on in 3DS Max.
I'd kill if they made something like Tiltbrush for PSVR. I have played around with it on my campus and its just so damn fun

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/835882385279336448
Not to sound greedy but they should really package the controller for free for 40 or 60 bucks based on the size of the game. I love the idea of a VR shooter with peripheral but it's really early days in the life of VR to start selling us more silly controllers.

Does anyone know if you can actually choose specific colors to paint with in Harmonix?  I tried the demo and it seemed like there was no way to choose a color and the colors would just change at random.  I'm hoping it's different in the full game.

That's dumb.  And I just read a dev q&a on reddit where the devs said they have no plans on making any updates to the game, even something as simple as adding selectable colors.

Happy to hear about Farpoint, I was actually concerned it was facing a significant delay or something. I do agree that the accessory should come with the game at a reasonable price point. It's probably going to be one of those things that sits and collects dust after you finish the 1 or 2 games that it's compatible with. 

Not to sound greedy but they should really package the controller for free for 40 or 60 bucks based on the size of the game. I love the idea of a VR shooter with peripheral but it's really early days in the life of VR to start selling us more silly controllers.
In case anyone was wondering, the standalone game is listed for $49.99 and the bundle with the controller is $79.99.

Early previews of the game/peripheral seem promising, although $80 is a bit steep.

In case anyone was wondering, the standalone game is listed for $49.99 and the bundle with the controller is $79.99.

Early previews of the game/peripheral seem promising, although $80 is a bit steep.
Thanks for the info. I've seen a few reports from around November/December last year and they are pretty different where some people are just blown away and some basically say the controller saves a pretty mediocre shooter. I know the dev team is small but there is diminishing good will as teams keep releasing 2-4 hour games. I'll wait for reviews at a minimum.

Just an Fyi  

The Target in largo md and forrest ville md have  launch psvr bundles  and  largo has a  headset only version.

hadn't seen a launch bundle on display for a while.    I  think they only have 1  

Just an Fyi

The Target in largo md and forrest ville md have launch psvr bundles and largo has a headset only version.

hadn't seen a launch bundle on display for a while. I think they only have 1
I also saw one launch bundle at each of my local Target stores.

Very classy peak at the main character's cleavage/chest :roll:

If that's something people enjoy in games give the people what they want I guess but to put that in the announcement trailer is in poor taste in my eyes. Like this is the way we want to introduce you to our game.
If I had boobs I would never leave the house.

Very classy peak at the main character's cleavage/chest :roll:

If that's something people enjoy in games give the people what they want I guess but to put that in the announcement trailer is in poor taste in my eyes. Like this is the way we want to introduce you to our game.
The multicolor fingernail polish is bugging me enough...I'm acutely bothered by it for whatever reason. I really don't like fingernail polish in general, it looks unnatural and is mildly unattractive, but at least it's mostly all ONE color. The multicolor shit throws me a bit over the edge.

Saw a number of VR games on clearance at Target including Until Dawn Rush of Blood $9.98, Loading Human $19.98, Werewolves Within $14.98 and at least another title that eludes me at the moment.

Saw a number of VR games on clearance at Target including Until Dawn Rush of Blood $9.98, Loading Human $19.98, Werewolves Within $14.98 and at least another title that eludes me at the moment.
Yeah they seem to have removed practically all of their VR games from their planogram with the exception of RIGS. I didn't even see Batman.

Odd. I saw ones at mine set off to the side but no price markers. And they just got a new shipment of the headsets in today

I was about to grab that Werewolves Within game, didn't know much about it but luckily I noticed the "must have online subscription" or whatever they say for the games that require you to be online, and I dropped it back onto the shelf like a stack of bricks. Want nothing to do with online only games. 

I saw a new game on the ps store for VR. It's set in a winter backdrop. First person. Reminds me a lot of Fargo. Believe it's an indie title at 19.99. Looks kind of Interesting. Can't recall the title. Anyone know anything about it?

I saw a new game on the ps store for VR. It's set in a winter backdrop. First person. Reminds me a lot of Fargo. Believe it's an indie title at 19.99. Looks kind of Interesting. Can't recall the title. Anyone know anything about it?
Not seeing anything on the store, can you find it again and link to it?

I was about to grab that Werewolves Within game, didn't know much about it but luckily I noticed the "must have online subscription" or whatever they say for the games that require you to be online, and I dropped it back onto the shelf like a stack of bricks. Want nothing to do with online only games.
I picked it up back when it was released but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It basically has to be online; the whole game is about interacting with other real people and convincing them, via talking and such, that you are a real person and not a werewolf. It wouldn't work with CPU opponents.

Not seeing anything on the store, can you find it again and link to it?
Will look for it when I get off work. Saw it last night under the psvr section under the store. Think I read under the description it's part of a trilogy. I remember seeing you have a lantern and an axe. Will report back.

bread's done
Back