Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked it up back when it was released but haven't had a chance to play it yet. It basically has to be online; the whole game is about interacting with other real people and convincing them, via talking and such, that you are a real person and not a werewolf. It wouldn't work with CPU opponents.
Does it have crossplay with Oculus and Vive? Seems like a game where it would be tough to find people online to play with after a few months.

I just saw a snapchat demoing ghostbuster's VR dropping tomorrow!

The video showed you outside the classic firehouse learning controls from the logo ghost, and then inside feeding hotdogs with the move controller to slimer.
Man, I hope its not just another tech demo. Wrangling VR ghost could be fun!

Have they made any announcements yet on any games outside of Farpoint that will use the PSVR Aim peripheral? Supposedly a port of Arizona Sunshine is in production for PSVR and if it used the Aim that would be perfect, but details on that game's development progress have been very scarce. I'm honestly a little worried about if it's even actually happening.

Have they made any announcements yet on any games outside of Farpoint that will use the PSVR Aim peripheral? Supposedly a port of Arizona Sunshine is in production for PSVR and if it used the Aim that would be perfect, but details on that game's development progress have been very scarce. I'm honestly a little worried about if it's even actually happening.
Sony has gone on record saying more games will support it but no one has committed to it publicly yet.

Edit: Ghostbusters VR has dropped for 6.99. The google cardboard youtube movies are atrocious but the official PSVR ad looks much better. Seeing a "playthrough" is maybe 30 minutes I'd be weary expecting anything but a Patton Osawlt narrated tech demo.

Does anyone know if the previous Move gun peripheral will work for VR (aka Farpoint)? Would love to get some use out of it other than a dust collector but have yet to see any clarification.

Does anyone know if the previous Move gun peripheral will work for VR (aka Farpoint)? Would love to get some use out of it other than a dust collector but have yet to see any clarification.
Personally I don't think it would. The 1:1 on-screen recognition is one thing, but the Aim controller's tech is built into the entire controller including the d-pad/stick as well as the buttons and trigger. If you were to use the older plastic sharpshooter gun you would have to use the old nav controller or a dualshock 4 to move. I guess it might depend on whether Farpoint can be played with just a dualshock or if it requires the wands? I don't even know.

No announcements, but sounds like they said other games could possibly have Aim support. I'm guessing we'll see like...two more or something paltry like that but I'm a sucker for gimmicky crap like this so I'm getting the Farpoint bundle.

Looks like it's based on that reboot from last year. Sounds like a big pass...lol!
Aside from the trailer for the movie on the webpage (which makes sense, given that copies of the experience/app were given away for free with the movie), the game seems to share hardly anything with the new movie aside from it also being Ghostbusters. Not that an association with the new movie would affect my buying decision whatsoever...

It does not. It was confirmed on the show floor at E3 that it isn't compatible with Move/Sharpshooter.

Was checking to see if the Ghostbusters VR game had some unique trophies to add some artificial length or difficulty to it but according to the game page it's treated as an app and therefore no trophy support.

Some new deals on PSVR games this week:

Bound - $10.99 - 45% Off - Ends 3/28

Here They Lie - $10.99 - 45% Off - Ends 3/28

And a new release:

Ghostbusters in Hiring: Firehouse - $6.99
That Ghostbusters VR has me curious for the price. I haven't used my PSVR in about a month so I definitely need to get it back out and finish RE7 and check some stuff out. Just been so busy playing non-VR games lately to want to strap in and play anything in VR.

That Ghostbusters VR has me curious for the price. I haven't used my PSVR in about a month so I definitely need to get it back out and finish RE7 and check some stuff out. Just been so busy playing non-VR games lately to want to strap in and play anything in VR.
From what I hear it's insanely short, just 10 minutes according to The Verge.

From what I hear it's insanely short, just 10 minutes according to The Verge.
There's a youtube up of the whole experience.. its less than 8 minutes long, but its billed as "chapter 1" so maybe its supposed to be a teaser for a full game. Still, its no where near worth $7, and this is coming from a guy with two proton packs, three traps, pke meters, and a pile of collectibles.

There's one PSVR game on sale in this weekend's Flash Sale:

Trackmania Turbo - $11.99 - 70% Off

It's a solid racing game for PSVR, though the amount of VR content in it will only last a couple hours. There's still plenty of other great content in there to be worth it beyond the PSVR stuff.

Anyone know all the psvr games that are on physical disc? Not sure if I'm up to date on them all. Just recently started getting them.

I have Playstation world's, batman, until dawn and robinson.

Anyone know all the psvr games that are on physical disc? Not sure if I'm up to date on them all. Just recently started getting them.

I have Playstation world's, batman, until dawn and robinson.
Disc based VR exclusive games? Here's the list:

Batman: Arkham VR

Battlezone

Driveclub VR

Eagle Flight

Eve: Valkyrie

Farpoint (May)

Loading Human

PlayStation VR Worlds

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

Robinson: The Journey

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Werewolves Within

StarBlood Arena (April)

Disc based VR exclusive games? Here's the list:

Batman: Arkham VR

Battlezone

Driveclub VR

Eagle Flight

Eve: Valkyrie

Farpoint (May)

Loading Human

PlayStation VR Worlds

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

Robinson: The Journey

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Werewolves Within

StarBlood Arena (April)
Thank you. I knew there were a couple I was missing. And I'd read other places ones that I knew had to be wrong like super stardust.

I used mine and I liked it but I want the physical games for it for when I hook it back up and get into it more. I got re7 and want to try it on there also.

Iam8bit.com had (has?) physical copies of Rez too.
Yeah the list gets more complicated/lengthy if we include games that have VR modes included. In my head I think of Rez as a VR game since that's the only way I play it but it does of course have regular TV mode.

I got in on a recent promo code for Rez for 20% off and it's still available (at full price). I think Rez in VR is fantastic, especially the all new Area X. I feel like some of the mechanics of Area X could have been used for a full fledged sequel but nice to have it included here at least.

north america version when?
Never? Play Asia has a version (Chinese) with English subtitles and they tend to be pretty great. Real question I have is how Moxieman is getting it because it appears not to get released until 4/27. Maybe the Japanese version already released?

Never? Play Asia has a version (Chinese) with English subtitles and they tend to be pretty great. Real question I have is how Moxieman is getting it because it appears not to get released until 4/27. Maybe the Japanese version already released?
Well it turns out you're right, it was just a delivery date update!

The new Kygo Carry Me VR Experience is pretty cool (at least I think it's new).  It's $1.99 and I got it with some other stuff using my 20% coupon so it was only $1.59.  Well worth it IMO.  Of course, you probably have to be a fan of house music and neon colors to enjoy it, but I love it.  I hope they release more stuff like it.

Also picked up Job Simulator which I've wanted for awhile.  It's surprisingly fun, although challenging at times due to space constraints around me.  Sometimes it's tough trying to reach into the low cabinets.

It's great that they are making a physical edition of Summer Lesson with English subs.

The play asia site description of the game says all the dlc comes with it and are on codes, not on the disc.

Anyone know if ill have to make (and keep) a new Asian account on my ps4 just to redeem the dlc? Or can I redeem the codes on my main U.S. account.

Also, Is play asia the only known retailer who is carrying the game at the moment for pre order and shipping to the U.S.? I most likely would want to try this game out.

It's great that they are making a physical edition of Summer Lesson with English subs.

The play asia site description of the game says all the dlc comes with it and are on codes, not on the disc.

Anyone know if ill have to make (and keep) a new Asian account on my ps4 just to redeem the dlc? Or can I redeem the codes on my main U.S. account.

Also, Is play asia the only known retailer who is carrying the game at the moment for pre order and shipping to the U.S.? I most likely would want to try this game out.
You need an account that corresponds with the game's country of release for the codes to work.

Gunjack has been on my radar for awhile and at $3.99 I think I'll grab it.

I can't decide whether or not to get Eve Valkyrie too. What's in the founders pack?
- Legendary ‘S4 Wraith’ Fighter

- Exclusive ‘Cobalt’ Flight Suit
- Limited Edition ‘Founder's Pilot’ Forum Tag
- 2,500 Gold
There's no base version that you can buy, so that's all there is on PSN.

The avatar and forum tag sound pretty useless.  I suppose the gold might be useful.

Is the Fighter a 2nd ship you can fly?  If so, what makes it different?

Also, are there any advantages to having the Cobalt Flight Suit?

I know there's no base version in the store, but I think the physical edition is only the base copy.

bread's done
Back