Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a GameStop with a pre-owned copy of Job Simulator, so I was able to get it for $14 after the $5 Kongregate coupon. Also, picked up the PSVR Deluxe Travel Case for $45. I probably could have pricematched at Target and save a couple dollars with RedCard.

PSVR Deluxe Travel Case: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/psvr-system-travel-case/132730

Here is the Brickseek link for it at Target: http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=207-00-0479

It doesn't seem to be on their online site.

UPDATE: Also at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LB4KJ90

It was quite amusing hearing the cashier's poor sales pitch about buying the PRO membership and that I was "bleeding money" by not getting it.  :whistle2:k

While It's nice to see a VR Doom announced, I'm feeling kinda brokenhearted about Fallout 4 VR. My biggest hope for E3 was to see it on PSVR, but they only announced it for Vive. 

Hadn't heard the Fallout 4 VR/Vive news yet.

I just don't know if VR as a games platform will ever take off in a major way if major releases like Fallout 4 VR are exclusive to one headset or another.  It's one thing for a $400 home console to have exclusives over another, but it's a whole other matter when we're talking about $400+ VR headsets that require other $400+ devices to plug into.

Hadn't heard the Fallout 4 VR/Vive news yet.

I just don't know if VR as a games platform will ever take off in a major way if major releases like Fallout 4 VR are exclusive to one headset or another. It's one thing for a $400 home console to have exclusives over another, but it's a whole other matter when we're talking about $400+ VR headsets that require other $400+ devices to plug into.
I'm guessing psvr was skipped due more so to difficulties getting it to run on the hardware? I remember they had a really hard time just getting mods to launch for the console version. Still sucks, but I'm not sure Bethesda is the one to blame

Jeez, Bethesda's being vindictive and not supporting Oculus.
It'll really feel bad when two years from now everyone realizes it's the status quo. Typically with litigation that will have serious impact businesses stay away from each other afterwards unless the partnership is insanely profitable.

I'm guessing psvr was skipped due more so to difficulties getting it to run on the hardware? I remember they had a really hard time just getting mods to launch for the console version. Still sucks, but I'm not sure Bethesda is the one to blame
There's still a slight hope that it was held back as a bigger reveal but Sony has been quite harsh on their 60fps requirement which would be extremely difficult for any bethesda game to pull off. I'm thinking it was only possible on PC since they could leave it up to the user to get performance up and running.

It'll really feel bad when two years from now everyone realizes it's the status quo. Typically with litigation that will have serious impact businesses stay away from each other afterwards unless the partnership is insanely profitable.

There's still a slight hope that it was held back as a bigger reveal but Sony has been quite harsh on their 60fps requirement which would be extremely difficult for any bethesda game to pull off. I'm thinking it was only possible on PC since they could leave it up to the user to get performance up and running.
oculus has ripped off tech from other companies and is fighting lawsuits but they can afford to waist millions on legal and some companies arent ok with the facebook account/send all other non related data from ur p.c usage for data mining and recording they require if you use an oculus which also why vive is doing better, and any idiot who doesnt understand tech would blast a third party company for not support the crapply made psvr rush job, someone with commonsense would understand the limitations that the cheap sony console is nowhere near a proper vr pc so dumbing down ur product for idiots isnt profitable since uneducated would just complain ence the 30$ doom title. at least with the x it will be vr ready/proper compatible and not and advanced cell phone gimmick

Superhot VR confirmed for PSVR just now on the pre-show E3 stream.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/874428125089628161

There's also a 3D pong-looking game called Sparc that is a PSVR launch exclusive.

Skyrim VR just confirmed!

Star Child

Moss

Bravo Team, from Supermassive

The Inpatient, from Supermassive (Until Dawn prequel)

Monster of the Deep: FFXV (fishing game) out in September.

All of the titles above are 2017 games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5r-sl4yQQE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDdbO7X4Jk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Ggl421myE

Finally got around to playing Gunjack after I picked it up on sale recently. Thanks to all those who recommended it. My 6 y/o had a blast being the trigger man as he was watching the action on TV while I was aiming with my VR headset on.

oculus has ripped off tech from other companies and is fighting lawsuits but they can afford to waist millions on legal and some companies arent ok with the facebook account/send all other non related data from ur p.c usage for data mining and recording they require if you use an oculus which also why vive is doing better, and any idiot who doesnt understand tech would blast a third party company for not support the crapply made psvr rush job, someone with commonsense would understand the limitations that the cheap sony console is nowhere near a proper vr pc so dumbing down ur product for idiots isnt profitable since uneducated would just complain ence the 30$ doom title. at least with the x it will be vr ready/proper compatible and not and advanced cell phone gimmick
If you're gonna call us all stupid at least use proper sentence structure.

Super excited for DOOM VFR, i played the Vive demo a while back and it was fun

I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of new PSVR games announced yesterday before and during Sony's E3 presser.  It definitely makes the hardware more tempting for me to buy, but I still have a PS3, PS4, PSP, and PS Vita backlog that would take me years to get through, and I'd still like to hold off for a big discount on the hardware and (hopefully) some of its games.

Uses one period total (to abbreviate "p.c"), one comma, no capitalization or proper nouns, and comes into a thread filled with PSVR fans and owners and calls them idiots. This is a pretty solid strategy I must say.

I mean, you don't see me posting in r/McLounge/ and calling you an idiot but to each their own.

Looks like just thumper and batman on sale for today. Not sure if I really wanna grab either, was gonna try and spend a 100$ for the promo offer but I'm thinking I might be better off saving my money for re7 on sale or skyrim vr when it releases.

Edit: I missed rez in the sale prices

Looks like just thumper and batman on sale for today. Not sure if I really wanna grab either, was gonna try and spend a 100$ for the promo offer but I'm thinking I might be better off saving my money for re7 on sale or skyrim vr when it releases
Thumper is pretty amazing but is pretty difficult and my twitch skills aren't even remotely up to snuff for the platinum.

In other news Skyrim VR has a full price tag as a rerelease which is a bit of a bummer and indicates to me it won't come in the form of a patch similar to what Dirt Rally did.

I know it's an older game but I'm ok with 60$ skyrim vr for the sheer amount of content. Guess it would be nice to throw current owners a discount but I'm not gonna complain, with vr in it's infancy it needs these kind of titles added to the library

The new deals for today:

Batman: Arkham VR - $15.99 - 20% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/20

Rez Infinite - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/20

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 6/20 - Free VR Mission

Thumper - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/20

Thumper and Rez Infinite are must haves if you want some great rhythm VR games. The X-Wing mission for Star Wars Battlefront is great if you interested in grabbing the game itself, though you could probably wait and get just the base game for $7.49 if you don't want all of the content.

Definitely grabbing Batman Arkham VR since that's the first sale I've seen on it.

Rom: Extraction, which supports the Aim controller:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0Cwa7zqD8

Sparc trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZGI32Q9V5c

Superhot VR trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6hTapLQEf0

So I played Bravo Team here with my friend, pretty good cover based shooter with the aim controller. You target the cover you want to move to and press x to go to it, running not teleport. It seemed a bit harder than other aim-based games to line up the sights. Lots of fun calling out enemies and ammo crates, especially when one of us would move up on cover but had missed an enemy that was now behind us.

I look forward to playing it more

So I played Bravo Team here with my friend, pretty good cover based shooter with the aim controller. You target the cover you want to move to and press x to go to it, running not teleport. It seemed a bit harder than other aim-based games to line up the sights. Lots of fun calling out enemies and ammo crates, especially when one of us would move up on cover but had missed an enemy that was now behind us.

I look forward to playing it more
That's great to hear. Can you do us a solid and let us know your thoughts on

Skyrim

Persistance

GT Sport

Moss

The Inpatient

Superhot

Doom

Monsters of the Deep

What else am I missing? Are there too many VR games now?

If people here are up for purchasing a used PSVR, there may be some sort of price glitch or just permanent price drop on the refurbished PSVR headsets at Gamestop are up for $199, if you want one I would order it quick and maybe even pay for one day shipping to get it out before they change the price

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-vr-gamestop-premium-refurbished/138248

Edit: Looks like they are trying to fix it, price now might be showing up as $349 in the cart so be careful checking out 

If people here are up for purchasing a used PSVR, there may be some sort of price glitch or just permanent price drop on the refurbished PSVR headsets at Gamestop are up for $199, if you want one I would order it quick and maybe even pay for one day shipping to get it out before they change the price

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-vr-gamestop-premium-refurbished/138248

Edit: Looks like they are trying to fix it, price now might be showing up as $349 in the cart so be careful checking out
Looks like it's completely dead now. Not even showing up for that price on the order page.

Looks like it's completely dead now. Not even showing up for that price on the order page.
Too bad it didn't last longer, I did get an order through at the $199 price point but we'll see if it actually ships, guessing it'll be canceled. Sorry for getting people's hopes up.

Too bad it didn't last longer, I did get an order through at the $199 price point but we'll see if it actually ships, guessing it'll be canceled. Sorry for getting people's hopes up.
No worries. You did your duty as a CAG and announced it to us. You can't control how long it lasts. Thanks.

Some off-screen footage of Skyrim VR from outside the plastic bubble it's being played in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_5YEEWKiYo

It has full locomotion in case you're wondering.

I wonder if the pricing blips on PSVR hardware could indicate that retailers are prepping for a hardware revision of some sort... I'd love a hardware revision that actually has proper 4K HDR pass-through so I can stop futzing with flaky HDMI switches.

Some off-screen footage of Skyrim VR from outside the plastic bubble it's being played in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_5YEEWKiYo

It has full locomotion in case you're wondering.
I get that it's not exactly the hottest news but it's killing me there hasn't been a dev walkthrough to explain how they ported it. Plus not to sound like a fanboy but I think people really underestimate how fuck ing crazy people are going to go when this actually comes out (goes for Fallout as well).

I get that it's not exactly the hottest news but it's killing me there hasn't been a dev walkthrough to explain how they ported it. Plus not to sound like a fanboy but I think people really underestimate how fuck ing crazy people are going to go when this actually comes out (goes for Fallout as well).
Imagine if you can actually interact with physical objects in a more realistic way so that the classic cheese wheel avalanche can be done more elegantly than just dropping a bunch of stuff from the menus while standing on a hill.

Just being able to perform attacks that aren't aimed at the center of the screen is pretty crazy. The guy does the fire beam and sweeps it across the room with ease to take out multiple enemies.

I wonder if the pricing blips on PSVR hardware could indicate that retailers are prepping for a hardware revision of some sort... I'd love a hardware revision that actually has proper 4K HDR pass-through so I can stop futzing with flaky HDMI switches.
I doubt and I'd be kinda pissed to have to buy a new breakout box or better camera.

But I'd still buy them in a heartbeat.

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with the VR effects in RE? I was starting to get sweaty and disoriented like ten minutes in. I got to the first cabin and had to save. It's not the game as I've beaten it three times already.

I don't typically do well with motion rides at theme parks which scared me about VR, but this is the first game to make me ill. Batman, Star Wars, and Rez I felt fine after playing.

so this extremely YMMV but with the free camera from best buy deal going on, i figured i would try and ask if they would price match Costco's $350 for the standard headset.

the guy first said no, but then he said it doesnt hurt to try. i showed him the price on the costco site and he PMed and the free camera stayed on screen. "Wow it works" he said and i walked out with the PSVR for $350, free camera, THe until dawn VR game(yes i know i still need the move controllers) and RE7(PM'd target)

so if you were waiting on some price drop bundle and you have a costco in your area, maybe this will be for you.

Anyone have any tips on how to deal with the VR effects in RE? I was starting to get sweaty and disoriented like ten minutes in. I got to the first cabin and had to save. It's not the game as I've beaten it three times already.

I don't typically do well with motion rides at theme parks which scared me about VR, but this is the first game to make me ill. Batman, Star Wars, and Rez I felt fine after playing.
The first thing is to not push past it or it can get worse and last for a while longer. Might be a good idea to test different camera options to see if the default is the issue or something else that's causing, though it could be the game's use of VR doesn't jive well with you if the options don't work. I don't have issues with most games, but Driveclub got to me quickly for the worst effects and there are a few others that I only play in short bursts of maybe 15 minutes or so.

bread's done
Back