Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I was able to pick up a launch bundle for $430 for my girlfriend this week. It finally came in, and I gave it to her as an early birthday gift. She's incredibly hype right now, and despite her excitement for Trek, wants to play the starter games to get acclimated because she's worried she'll get too distracted by the awesomeness of the VR and fail to get anything done (and she's taking her responsibilities on the Enterprise quite seriously). 

Thanks again to everyone who offered their advice/recommendations. This is probably the most excited I've seen her over a gift, and we've been dating for five years now, and I've known her for almost a decade and a half.

Now, to see if she'll let me steal it from her when Moss comes out. :X

Update: I was able to pick up a launch bundle for $430 for my girlfriend this week. It finally came in, and I gave it to her as an early birthday gift. She's incredibly hype right now, and despite her excitement for Trek, wants to play the starter games to get acclimated because she's worried she'll get too distracted by the awesomeness of the VR and fail to get anything done (and she's taking her responsibilities on the Enterprise quite seriously).

Thanks again to everyone who offered their advice/recommendations. This is probably the most excited I've seen her over a gift, and we've been dating for five years now, and I've known her for almost a decade and a half.

Now, to see if she'll let me steal it from her when Moss comes out. :X
I'm playing trek now (single player portion) and I'm finding it a bit boring. I could see with some friends or as a hardcore trek fan the experience being much more exciting but as a trek tourist it's a bit slow and impersonal. I'd recommend renting first as it's 40 bucks with GCU.

Imagine if you can actually interact with physical objects in a more realistic way so that the classic cheese wheel avalanche can be done more elegantly than just dropping a bunch of stuff from the menus while standing on a hill.

Just being able to perform attacks that aren't aimed at the center of the screen is pretty crazy. The guy does the fire beam and sweeps it across the room with ease to take out multiple enemies.
I watched it again and I'm really amazed at everything in the trailer. You can absolutely target multiple enemies with the move controllers and you can directionally block with a shield. I wouldn't be surprised if they integrated voice commands the same way Skyrim on the 360 did with Kinnect. The only thing that's looking a bit concerning is that full locomotion is being associated with DS4 previews where is the cool arrow shooting and move aiming is only with those controllers.

Not to mention it only lasted about 10 minutes before they fixed it. Supposedly there were price errors on several other products as well, a bunch of people got Mass Effect Andromeda for $14.99 and some Pokemon games for $12.99. 

So as far as trying other VR games, it's a big maybe. Apparently there's an app to sign up for Sony demos, but they only have like 4 slots every half hour for each game, and they get filled immediately and the app crashes...

I'm playing trek now (single player portion) and I'm finding it a bit boring. I could see with some friends or as a hardcore trek fan the experience being much more exciting but as a trek tourist it's a bit slow and impersonal. I'd recommend renting first as it's 40 bucks with GCU.

Years ago when I was in to pc gaming real heavy. The pc had a huge roll out of decent Trek games. They had elite force 1 and 2 bridge commander and Deep space 9 the fallen. Elite had the borg. The fallen had worf. Theses trek games may be available on GOG dirt cheap. Todays systems should be able to run theses with no problem. Activision and raven made some great games.

https://youtu.be/m7OCuTWah5s

https://youtu.be/cZ8drQt3vtY

Anyone who's played Job Simulator -- is it any good? Worth the $20 price tag it's commanding right now?
Here's the cliffnotes:

• The game is short, and the platinum trophy doesn't extend the length much further either
  • However, the game is fun enough where you may replay some levels for fun
  • Very good game to showcase to newcomers, friends
  • Overall, fantastic game but short even for the price
I think a physical copy is where it's at with this game. You are going to like it either way I can guarantee that; this game has pretty much universal praise. The experience might be short though so if after you run through the game you can sell it and recoup some of the costs.

Speaking of which it's available at Best Buy with GCU: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/job-simulator-playstation-4/5854407.p?skuId=5854407

Not as good as Gamestop/Amazon but you'd be able to price match.

Here's the cliffnotes:

• The game is short, and the platinum trophy doesn't extend the length much further either
I think a physical copy is where it's at with this game. You are going to like it either way I can guarantee that; this game has pretty much universal praise. The experience might be short though so if after you run through the game you can sell it and recoup some of the costs.

Speaking of which it's available at Best Buy with GCU: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/job-simulator-playstation-4/5854407.p?skuId=5854407

I'd love to play Job Simulator, but it has yet to have a sale on PSN. It's still one of the top sellers every month, so it must not need it.

I picked up a used copy of Job Simulator on GameStop.com with PUR and Cag16 it came out to like 14 and change. I'm hoping I can play it a bit this weekend. As a VR newbie I've grabbed Batman and Until Dawn's shooter.

I've really enjoyed it so far and thanks to all that have posted information, thoughts and reviews that I've read over the past few days.

I picked up a used copy of Job Simulator on GameStop.com with PUR and Cag16 it came out to like 14 and change. I'm hoping I can play it a bit this weekend. As a VR newbie I've grabbed Batman and Until Dawn's shooter.

I've really enjoyed it so far and thanks to all that have posted information, thoughts and reviews that I've read over the past few days.
If you haven't grabbed or installed the PSVR demo disc, that has a ton of demos for you to try out.

Here's the cliffnotes:

Thanks so much -- this is a great review of the game. I did end up picking it up for my gf for something to give to her on her birthday proper (since she got the VR early).

Hoping it'll be therapeutic for her after her particularly grueling work days. :p

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/16/sony-pictures-announces-spider-man-homecoming-vr-experience/

Sony Pictures is working on a free VR experience based on Spider-Man Homecoming that's supposed be out before the movie's 7/7 release.
I'm really looking forward to this. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, and I'm extremely hype for this. Thanks for sharing!

Target has DriveClub VR on clearance for $20.  There's plenty of stock around me though, so I might wait to see if it hits the $12 clearance cycle.  Anyone recommend it at either of those price-points?

Target has DriveClub VR on clearance for $20. There's plenty of stock around me though, so I might wait to see if it hits the $12 clearance cycle. Anyone recommend it at either of those price-points?
I've had a lot of fun with it. It's especially fun if you pair it with a driving wheel. I'm playing it with a Thrustmaster T300. It's probably the title I've put the most VR time in so far.

I'm really hoping for a more arcade-style racer though, I think that would be a blast in VR.

I almost grabbed it for 15 at target, but I heard so many bad reviews that I held off. Driving games aren't my favorite genre so it wasn't a huge thing for me, but I would love a more arcade style driver to come out. Or road rash vr, I'd enjoy that I think

Target has DriveClub VR on clearance for $20. There's plenty of stock around me though, so I might wait to see if it hits the $12 clearance cycle. Anyone recommend it at either of those price-points?
I think you can risk it and hold out for the $11.98 price. Although most stores near me seem to only have 2 in stock, it's available at 96% of stores. I'd just find out what day is markdown day (usually Monday from my experience) and check in store or stalk Brickseek to see if it went down. I haven't played the game so can't give a review but I have a good feeling you will be able to get that $12 price. Good luck!

I think Target was maybe overzealous with their inventory for VR games. Don't get me wrong, I think VR is doing pretty well for Sony but I think Target had allocated too much of their planogram to VR games at first so now they are left with overstock and subsequently deep clearances (great for CAGs!). I've been eyeing Eagle Flight hoping it'd go on clearance soon at Target. My local store as twelve copies and has for months now. When it eventually goes clearance, I just don't think there's 12 people in the area that has PSVR, is interested in this game, or hasn't already purchased it elsewhere, that shops at Target.

If you can stomach it, sure. Might want to try the demo first, if you have the time to do so. I believe it's on that PSVR demo disc.

If you can stomach it, sure. Might want to try the demo first, if you have the time to do so. I believe it's on that PSVR demo disc.
I remember a few people in here mentioning nausea with that particular game. I have yet to experience anything resembling nausea in any game but I can see or understand why people would experience that.

Thanks guys (and gals). I'll try out the demo and pick it up when it hits $12
If you've seen it in-store, I would say waiting is probably safe. In my case, I tried to use brickseek, but 2 of 3 claimed to have 2 in-stock and they were nowhere to be found. I know the non-VR version got clearanced not too long ago, so I wonder if VR copies got mixed in or if they just got lost in the back somewhere.

Can't seem to find fair point vr bundle in stock at bestbuy or Amazon
Not sure how true this statement is, but when I was trying to find one with GameStop the employee used their system to look up some stuff and said the sku for the bundle is discontinued so they most likely won't be getting anymore restocks of the bundle. Sounds like that bundle is going to stay pretty hard to find.

I was in my local Walmart on Friday evening, and they had $10 off all their PSVR games.  I don't have a headset yet, but I couldn't pass up Arkham VR on disc for only $10.

Obviously this is very YMMV, because Walmart, but it might be worth checking out if you're already in or near a Walmart.

There are a few PSVR games on sale this week:

Chess Ultra - $11.69 - 10% Off - Ends 6/27

Darknet - $12.74 - 15% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/27

Ghostbusters is Hiring: Firehouse - $5.59 - 20% Off - $4.19 - 40% Off - Ends 6/27

Mortal Blitz - $16.99 - 15% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/27

Passengers: Awakening - $7.99 - 20% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/27

Tethered - $17.49 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/27

Tethered Divine Edition - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/27

Trackmania Turbo - $27.99 - 30% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/27

Waddle Home - $6.99 - 30% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/27

There is also a new release that's free:

Air Force Special Ops: Nightfall - Free

I was in my local Walmart on Friday evening, and they had $10 off all their PSVR games. I don't have a headset yet, but I couldn't pass up Arkham VR on disc for only $10.

Obviously this is very YMMV, because Walmart, but it might be worth checking out if you're already in or near a Walmart.

^You stumbled into Sony's sale last week. It ended Saturday.
Yeah for games like Starblood Arena, Battlezone, Until Dawn, and a few others, but I don't recall Batman being a part of this sale? I would have been all over Batman for $10.

Yeah for games like Starblood Arena, Battlezone, Until Dawn, and a few others, but I don't recall Batman being a part of this sale? I would have been all over Batman for $10.
Game stop had it for 10$ as well, I grabbed and made a post about it Friday I believe.

Any opinions on this week's sales? I'm not in a rush to grab new stuff as I just got batman and rush of blood, plus finishing farpoint but if anything is a super good grab I'll pickup. I heard trials is fun but too short for the vr content. Nothing else stood out to me

Maybe I missed these deals before but Gamestop has the following

Eagle Flight $22.97/$19.79(Used Pro)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/eagle-flight-vr/134051

Werewolf Within $14.97/$12.49(Used Pro)
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/werewolves-within-vr/134052
To add on to this post, til the end of June you can get the used copies for an additional $4.50 off (in-store only) on top of the Pro discount with the $5 coupon from Bit Heros (see this linked thread on how to get the coupon and to get multiple coupons). Not a full $5 off because Pro discount happens after the $5 coupon.

So Eagle Flight is $15.29 plus tax and Werewolves Within is $8.09 plus tax after the $5 off coupon and 10% PUR savings. Its a little better discount than ordering online and using CAG16 if your local Gamestops have used copies in stock.

Does anyone have any idea when they are gonna release the aim controller standalone? Never found a bundle in store, and the prices online are insane. At this point I'd just get the game by itself and wait for the aim controller

Does anyone have any idea when they are gonna release the aim controller standalone? Never found a bundle in store, and the prices online are insane. At this point I'd just get the game by itself and wait for the aim controller
I just looked on ebay and Sony should be ashamed they let the scalping get that ridiculous. I'd imagine they are going to work on production but it's ridiculous that one of the more unique parts of their ecosystem is being that badly underproduced. On top of that, there's another big release coming next week with Arizona Sunshine.

Anyway, I thought I'd throw out impressions of Ultra Chess. The VR is fantastic except for one really bad part. The resolution is extremely low, even for VR and on a PS4 Pro. I can't help but think there's an actual problem as the text is extremely blurry and too small. I'm hoping for a patch because otherwise playing the grim reaper in hell is a fantastic experience.

Guys, I am a longtime CAG, and I just got a PlayStation VR Worlds Bundle for $450ish from Costco. I have also bought Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. What are some good (and cheap) recommendations of VR games you would make to a newcomer?

I set up the VR today and played like 15 minutes of The Playroom, and I was honestly blown away by how cool it was (VR is still very new to me). I'm guessing the novelty won't last, but I want it to for as long as I can :).

Guys, I am a longtime CAG, and I just got a PlayStation VR Worlds Bundle for $450ish from Costco. I have also bought Until Dawn: Rush of Blood. What are some good (and cheap) recommendations of VR games you would make to a newcomer?

I set up the VR today and played like 15 minutes of The Playroom, and I was honestly blown away by how cool it was (VR is still very new to me). I'm guessing the novelty won't last, but I want it to for as long as I can :).
Batman is good & cheap. More advanced games like Rigs, Battlezone, Eagle Flight, Farpoint & RE7 are all good, but not cheap.

I'm right there with you! Having a lot of fun with it so far. If you can find it, Farpoint with the AIM controller is pretty great. It's been helping me get my "VR legs". Holding the aim controller up to your eye and seeing through the holographic reticle of the gun in VR never gets old.

Also, after speaking with a gamestop employee about how Sony may not actually release the aim controller standalone I bit the bullet and bought one on eBay for $79 after coupon and shipping. Feel kinds dirty, but I don't wanna play Farpoint, and other games without it. I just wish Sony was open about what they were doing

Tried and failed with the Best Buy chat for a pm. First I was told it was no longer showing up on the site(which is false), then I was told I had to be within a 25 mile radius to be able to pm. Unless they have recently changed, I have on more than one occasion pm'ed Fry's website in store and even mentioned it to no avail. 

To add on to this post, til the end of June you can get the used copies for an additional $4.50 off (in-store only) on top of the Pro discount with the $5 coupon from Bit Heros (see this linked thread on how to get the coupon and to get multiple coupons). Not a full $5 off because Pro discount happens after the $5 coupon.

So Eagle Flight is $15.29 plus tax and Werewolves Within is $8.09 plus tax after the $5 off coupon and 10% PUR savings. Its a little better discount than ordering online and using CAG16 if your local Gamestops have used copies in stock.
Thanks to this wonderful suggestion. Got both games for under $25. Now, I have Eagle Flight, Until Dawn, Werewolves Within, PlayStation VR Worlds, and (thanks to the above post) Eve: Valkyrie as VR games I can play.

bread's done
Back