Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried and failed with the Best Buy chat for a pm. First I was told it was no longer showing up on the site(which is false), then I was told I had to be within a 25 mile radius to be able to pm. Unless they have recently changed, I have on more than one occasion pm'ed Fry's website in store and even mentioned it to no avail.
You just find a store that has it available (frys) and tell them you want to do store pickup and give them the zip of that store. They will process the order then you can change the pickup location to whatever store you want.

You just find a store that has it available (frys) and tell them you want to do store pickup and give them the zip of that store. They will process the order then you can change the pickup location to whatever store you want.
This is a great trick, worked for me today after getting denied without using the trick yesterday, thanks!

Unfortunately there isn't a store within reason in my area(one 30 min. away and another 50 min.) that has it in stock. When I go to check to see if it is in stock it shows "pick up on July 6". Closest store that actually has it is an hour and a half away and it's not worth the time fighting the traffic in that area.

Thanks to this wonderful suggestion. Got both games for under $25. Now, I have Eagle Flight, Until Dawn, Werewolves Within, PlayStation VR Worlds, and (thanks to the above post) Eve: Valkyrie as VR games I can play.
I didn't buy Werewolves Within, even when it was on clearance at Target, because I heard the game was online only and I had concerns about how strong the community would be playing it and how long it would last. With all of those games you got, I would try to play that one first and get whatever you can out of it before it's dead. God I hate online only games. Lol

Unfortunately there isn't a store within reason in my area(one 30 min. away and another 50 min.) that has it in stock. When I go to check to see if it is in stock it shows "pick up on July 6". Closest store that actually has it is an hour and a half away and it's not worth the time fighting the traffic in that area.
Then just change it to shipping.

PSVR noob here. Just got it last week (from the Newegg sale) and my jeans have never been tighter. I love this shit. Farpoint is absolutely amazing.

Noticed a few games were $15.99 each w/ GCU at BB.

Driveclub VR - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/driveclub-vr-otherplaystation-4/5623559.p?skuId=5623559

Starblood Arena - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starblood-arena-playstation-4/5751701.p?skuId=5751701

VR Worlds - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-vr-worlds-playstation-4/5492404.p?skuId=5492404

PSVR noob here. Just got it last week (from the Newegg sale) and my jeans have never been tighter. I love this shit. Farpoint is absolutely amazing.

Noticed a few games were $15.99 each w/ GCU at BB.

Driveclub VR - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/driveclub-vr-otherplaystation-4/5623559.p?skuId=5623559

Starblood Arena - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starblood-arena-playstation-4/5751701.p?skuId=5751701

VR Worlds - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/playstation-vr-worlds-playstation-4/5492404.p?skuId=5492404
That Starblood Arena price imo is evidence that the game is utterly dead. I can only wonder if those devs can port that game to Vive/Occulus immediately to help the commmunity.

I have seen Starblood Arena at the store, but have no idea what it is about. Is it fun? For $16 with GCU I might give it a shot if it is
It's a multiplayer only deathmatch/score based shooter that has a Ratchet and Clank vibe to it. It uses 6 degree of movement meaning you fly around in a ship that can stop and rotate along all axis, similar to the old Descent games. I paid 35 bucks at release and was able to play a few matches but mostly just sat in the lobby or broke down and played mindless in bots. It had/has the markings of a pretty fun multiplayer (weapon unlocks, multiple levels of strategy, cool characters and personality) but it's a ghost town. Reddit defenders told whiners to join the PSVR community because that will force matches that way which allows for faster matchmaking at the cost of some potential connection quality issues but I aint' got time for that. I was going to try and get 25 bucks back in Amazon credit but it tanked in TIV so I threw it in the closet.

I didn't buy Werewolves Within, even when it was on clearance at Target, because I heard the game was online only and I had concerns about how strong the community would be playing it and how long it would last. With all of those games you got, I would try to play that one first and get whatever you can out of it before it's dead. God I hate online only games. Lol
You know I enjoyed it. Played for an hour. Had fun.

If anyone wants to qualify further, I've seen Arizona Sunshine is getting pretty terrible reviews, even from the enthusiast PSVR youtuber crowd. At this point, I think we're getting spoiled for choice with solid releases coming every week until the end of the year so I'm happy to pass if it's as bad as most are saying. If I'm wrong or there's been some sort of day one patch that's fixed a bunch of stuff that would good to know too.

If anyone wants to qualify further, I've seen Arizona Sunshine is getting pretty terrible reviews, even from the enthusiast PSVR youtuber crowd. At this point, I think we're getting spoiled for choice with solid releases coming every week until the end of the year so I'm happy to pass if it's as bad as most are saying. If I'm wrong or there's been some sort of day one patch that's fixed a bunch of stuff that would good to know too.
I really enjoyed the first few levels. It felt like it was lacking some polish, but I did not have any major issues. The 180° turn-around with the AIM controller was my biggest issue, but I got used to it the more I played. Its pricey at $40, but I was not disappointed.

Worlds and Battlezone are perfectly priced, RIGs is a tragedy as that game died too soon and word is community is long dead. Also, worth mentioning that I'm not to prone to motion sickness but RIGs would wear me out after about 30 minutes.

Edit: You pretty much trade in the physical of Worlds if you have one and for a buck more go digital. Happy to do that to get rid of discs I don't want to keep around.

Current Sales (prices may be less with PS+)

Ace Banana, $7.49 (50% off)

Ancient Amuletor, $18.99 (5% off)

Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition, $35.99 (10% off)

Battlezone, $23.99 (40% off)

Bound, $9.99 (50% off)

Catlateral Damage, $3.99 (60% off)

DYING: Reborn, $4.99 (50% off)

DYING: Reborn Ultimate Bundle, $12.49 (50% off)

Here They Lie, $9.99 (50% off)

Hustle Kings VR, $9.99 (50% off)

Mervils: A VR Adventure, $9.99 (50% off)

Nebulous, $5.99 (60% off)

Pixel Gear, $5.49 (50% off)

PlayStation VR Worlds, $17.99 (55% off)

RIGS Mechanized Combat League, $24.99 (50% off)

SPACE RIFT Episode 1, $9.99 (50% off)

Super Stardust Ultra VR, $9.99 (50% off)

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality, $13.99 (30% off)

The Assembly, $14.99 (50% off)

Time Machine VR, $14.99 (50% off)

Tumble VR, $4.99 (50% off)

Unearthing Mars, $7.49 (50% off)

Until Dawn Rush of Blood, $9.99 (50% off)

Weeping Doll, $4.99 (50% off)

Here are the PSVR games on sale this week:

Ace Banana - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Ancient Amuletor - $18.99 - 5% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26
Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition - $35.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/5

The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Avant-Garde Bundle (Bound Included) - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Battlezone - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/11
Bound - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Here They Lie - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Hustle Kings VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Nebulous - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11

Pixel Gear - $5.49 - 50% Off - $4.39 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

PlayStation VR Worlds - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 7/11

Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Space Rift Episode 1 - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/11 - Free VR Mission

Super Star Dust Ultra VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/11

Time Machine VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Trackmania Turbo - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Tumble VR - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Weeping Doll - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Will probably have to pick up a few of these.

Bound... that is the only one tempting me. I hate jump scares... so that removes Here they Lie for me...
Bound is pretty great as a VR game because the virtual world is so trippy. It's got some of the worst trophies though and as a regular game it's an extremely easy (maybe the easiest) platformer I've ever played. Admittedly I got a bit bored of it and haven't finished it but I can still remember the crazy feeling of being in the world.

I just want to say I think Time Machine VR is a great game.  I bought it at the end of last year when it was not on sale but I had a 20% off coupon and I thought it was worth the price then.  At the current sale price, it's a great deal IMO.

I think I'll be picking up Mervil's and Pixel Gear during this latest sale.  I'm on the fence about The Assembly.  I watched a video where they showed the turns are in 90 degree increments, but I prefer smaller turns around 30 degrees.  90 degree turns seems a bit much.

Robinson is $19.99 at GameStop. Think that's the lowest I've seen it. Used is even cheaper.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/robinson-the-journey-vr/138133
I'll say it again just in case people forgot, til the end of June you can get the used copy for an additional $4.50 off (in-store only) on top of the Pro discount with the $5 coupon from Bit Heros (see this linked thread on how to get the coupon and to get multiple coupons). Not a full $5 off because Pro discount happens after the $5 coupon.

So makes a used copy of Robinson $12.59 plus tax if you find a used copy at your local gamestop

Here are the PSVR games on sale this week:

Ace Banana - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Ancient Amuletor - $18.99 - 5% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26
Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition - $35.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/5
The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Avant-Garde Bundle (Bound Included) - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Battlezone - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/11
Bound - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Here They Lie - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Hustle Kings VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Nebulous - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Pixel Gear - $5.49 - 50% Off - $4.39 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
PlayStation VR Worlds - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 7/11
Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Space Rift Episode 1 - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/11 - Free VR Mission
Super Star Dust Ultra VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/11
Time Machine VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Trackmania Turbo - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Tumble VR - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Weeping Doll - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Will probably have to pick up a few of these.
Anyone have recommendations on the digital only titles?

Of what I've played from the list, here's what I recommend:

Battlezone - Really fun tank shooter with a great art style and a new-ish classic arcade mode with the old vector graphics that is fun. I can last about two missions before I have to stop.

Bound - Really cool artsy platformer. The default camera it had when I played was a stationary camera that had to be reset often so you could see what the next part of the level you were at.
Space Rift Episode 1 - Decent space shooter adventure, though I only played the intro. Not much nausea to the experience from what I recall.

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - Great, high production space shooter mission that is worth a sub $10 price to me, but that's obviously up to each person. The ability to mess with some of the stuff in the X-wing cockpit was great. Not much nausea to the experience.

Super Stardust Ultra VR - Probably the worst of this selection of games in terms of causing nausea, as I could last maybe 5-10 minutes before I had to quit that cockpit mode. The rest of it in VR is fine, as you're just playing the regular game but you're controlling the camera and can look around for no real reason.

Time Machine VR - Fun adventure experience getting to learn about prehistoric creatures with the unrealistic plot of global warming causing the release of a prehistoric virus that's in the process of wiping out humanity. Not much of an issue with nostalgia.

Trackmania Turbo - Great racing game that has about 40 levels or so built for VR that works way better than Driveclub, as the camera is on a stationary track above the car rather than centering on the car itself like most racing games. The only nausea issue comes when it puts you in first-person view for certain parts of some of the tracks, though my advice is not to look around during those segments to limit the effect.

I have videos of a few of these games here, though if anybody wants to me to make videos of anything not on there, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Here's what I have on the list that I haven't made a video yet:

The Assembly
Bound
Catlateral Damage
Hustle Kings VR
Pixel Gear
Rigs Mechanized Combat League
Space Rift Episode 1
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality
Trackmania Turbo
Tumble VR
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

Wait until Arizona Sunshine has an inevitable sale down the line.  

It's a pretty low quality game, and the co-op is buggy as hell.  Even if they patch it to fix some technical issues it currently has, the game itself just isn't very good.  

Bummed that Arizona Sunshine is apparently kinda crappy, was looking forward to it a lot. Been playing a lot of Farpoint and it's so cool, especially in coop. Me and my buddy made it through Grotto so far, and checked out one of the new maps that came out yesterday which was also very well done. I think it might be my favorite game of the year

I think people were expecting Arizona Sunshine to be great like Farpoint since it's one of the only other games that uses the aim controller.  I guess we were wrong.

Bound - Really cool artsy platformer. The default camera it had when I played was a stationary camera that had to be reset often so you could see what the next part of the level you were at.
"The default camera"? Is there any other kind? I was watching reviews of it and everyone made mention how you had to keep pushing the button to teleport the camera closer the to character, which totally turns me off. But if there's an option to have the camera follow the character naturally, like in the non-VR version, I'd be down for checking it out.

"The default camera"? Is there any other kind? I was watching reviews of it and everyone made mention how you had to keep pushing the button to teleport the camera closer the to character, which totally turns me off. But if there's an option to have the camera follow the character naturally, like in the non-VR version, I'd be down for checking it out.
They patched in a floating follow camera, it does make the game more playable but you lose the feeling that you're living in Mind's Eye video:

https://youtu.be/cbG34c1qorQ

Made a video for The Assembly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHQUiwcWP4

It was pretty fun, though the Move controls don't seem to be the ideal way to play it. I was hoping that using two Moves would allow for one to let you interact with things and the other to directly control movement, but they both do the same thing. DualShock 4 seems like the best way to play it since you can move with the left stick and look around on the right stick, from what the controller map showed. It also doesn't do a great job of helping you with things like codes, so the last part is me forgetting the code I was told and realizing that there didn't seem to be a way to rediscover it. The other important piece of info is that they updated it to not require PSVR, but I can't imagine that being better than VR.

If you do buy it, the soundtrack becomes free to purchase, so you can grab that afterward from its page.

I think people were expecting Arizona Sunshine to be great like Farpoint since it's one of the only other games that uses the aim controller. I guess we were wrong.
Yeah, people are hungry for any game that uses the Aim controller. I'm pretty bummed myself.

Dick Wilde is supposed to make pretty good use of it, but that game is only a stationary wave-based shooter, so it's fairly limited in comparison. I'm still going to buy it, but waiting for it to go on sale.

Made a video for The Assembly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBHQUiwcWP4

It was pretty fun, though the Move controls don't seem to be the ideal way to play it. I was hoping that using two Moves would allow for one to let you interact with things and the other to directly control movement, but they both do the same thing. DualShock 4 seems like the best way to play it since you can move with the left stick and look around on the right stick, from what the controller map showed. It also doesn't do a great job of helping you with things like codes, so the last part is me forgetting the code I was told and realizing that there didn't seem to be a way to rediscover it. The other important piece of info is that they updated it to not require PSVR, but I can't imagine that being better than VR.

If you do buy it, the soundtrack becomes free to purchase, so you can grab that afterward from its page.
I don't want to spoil too much for myself. Is this the entire game in 35 minutes?

bread's done
Back