Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I started playing Pixel Gear and Mervils today.  I'm really enjoying Mervils.  It reminds me a lot of Robots Rescue, only there is more to do such as quests and finding hidden items.

Pixel Gear is pretty fun too.  It's a very easy game to learn how to play.  I really like how the weapons have a laser for easy aiming.  Just point and shoot.  I've never been a fan of wave shooters, but this one is fun.

No regrets buying either of these games.

How does the turning work in this? Is it 90 degree snap turning?
With Move, you push a button to bring up a virtual dial of your turning options (90 degrees left/right, 180 degree turn around) that you point at and click to turn that direction. Certain actions/movements can also turn your view a bit, so it's not always easy to just look the way you want. The DS4 controls put that on the right stick, so I'm assuming that it's acting as a shortcut to that dial to turn more easily that makes it seem like the DS4 is the better way to control the game.

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to have a sale on the VR headset anytime soon? I have a$150 giftcard and I've been wanting to get the PSVR so I'd like to get the most out of this giftcard as possible.

Does anyone know if Amazon is going to have a sale on the VR headset anytime soon? I have a$150 giftcard and I've been wanting to get the PSVR so I'd like to get the most out of this giftcard as possible.
Maybe on their "Prime Day" coming on July 15th, but doubtful. If it were me, I'd wait to see if it happens to be on sale and then buy it anyway if it isn't. PSVR is too much fun to miss!

So Job Simulator is $19.99 at Best Buy, but sold out. Something to keep an eye on if it comes back in stock.
same price at gamestop right now too.

i picked the perfect time to get into vr. bought my headset maybe 2 weeks ago. literally everything i wanted for it has been on sale in the past 2 weeks. barring new releases

i picked the perfect time to get into vr. bought my headset maybe 2 weeks ago. literally everything i wanted for it has been on sale in the past 2 weeks. barring new releases
Thanks for this. When I finally decided to look at picking it up at Gamestop, it went back to MSRP. Will definitely pick it up today. My daughter absolutely loved the demo and has asked about it constantly over the past few weeks.

Thanks for this. When I finally decided to look at picking it up at Gamestop, it went back to MSRP. Will definitely pick it up today. My daughter absolutely loved the demo and has asked about it constantly over the past few weeks.

So, I just got a PSVR, and as a gamer who has been enjoying home theater surround sound for years, it appears I will now need a pair of headphones to get the best VR experience. Does anyone have any that they recommend? I'm open to any...they don't have to be specifically for gaming, as I likely will not use them outside of VR for gaming...I would prefer if they were purchaseable at GameStop (I have plenty of credit there) or maybe even some good ones that have been on clearance at various retailers (TRU, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.). Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't seem to find fair point vr bundle in stock at bestbuy or Amazon
Check Walmart on Brickseek. Sku is 55589116. Even if shows 0 on hand, if the store has a yellow banner saying "Limited Stock," then I suggest giving it a shot. I found mine at a store last night that showed 0 but said Limited Stock. They had 1. Now that store has the red "Out of Stock," banner on Brickseek.

So, I just got a PSVR, and as a gamer who has been enjoying home theater surround sound for years, it appears I will now need a pair of headphones to get the best VR experience. Does anyone have any that they recommend? I'm open to any...they don't have to be specifically for gaming, as I likely will not use them outside of VR for gaming...I would prefer if they were purchaseable at GameStop (I have plenty of credit there) or maybe even some good ones that have been on clearance at various retailers (TRU, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.). Any help is appreciated!
I have these for my PSVR and like them. http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/turtle-beach-stealth-350vr-gaming-headset/133738

These are the ones I use:

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/turtle-beach-stealth-350vr-gaming-headset/133738

They work pretty well.

it's $349.99 at Costco. You need a membership to get it at that price, but you can also price match it from retailers like Best Buy. That's what I ended up doing.
I wonder if the headset-alone will ever get down to $250 or $200 - even after a new model is released. I want to experience VR but not at $350-400.

Beat Farpoint last night. Really enjoyed the game a lot, hoping a lot more VR games take advantage of the aim controller. I'd really like to get Arizona Sunshine but I'm making myself wait for a sale because of the terrible reviews

Picked up my VR yesterday. Also got Robinson, Batman, Until Dawn, Resident Evil, and Job Simulator. Other than the aforementioned Far Point, what am I missing? Is VR Worlds worth it?

Picked up my VR yesterday. Also got Robinson, Batman, Until Dawn, Resident Evil, and Job Simulator. Other than the aforementioned Far Point, what am I missing? Is VR Worlds worth it?
It actually is. With the exception of the "Shark" thing, which is basically just a stand still experience and not really a game, the others are all pretty good. The London Heist is a quick but fun way to get oriented to the motion controls, the futuristic pong game is simple but tough to master, and the Alien planet game is actually pretty impressive on it's own and probably would have done well as a full-length game.

Anyone think, as a new VR owner, I should go ahead upgrade to PS4 Pro? I don't have a 4K TV yet, but I'm hoping to get an LG OLED or Samsung QLED by Black Friday...just trying to gauge if it is worth spending the bulk of my remaining credit on a Pro. Does it enhance VR to a significant degree? Will I see noteworthy enhancements in regular games, even on a 1080p TV?

Thanks! I've been doing some research and I think that's what I'll go with. The sad thing is that even though I have tons of GS credit, I'm contemplating a price match w/Amazon ($41) at Best Buy...could combine that with a $20 rewards cert to get it for $21+tax...

Or just bite the bullet at GameStop...
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/plantronics-rig-4vr-gaming-headset-for-psvr/133206

i picked these up. a little harder to find now, but can still get them on the website.

Finally got my own headset today with help from the Gamestop trade-in-a-palooza! Excited to get it set up tonight.

Also on the topic of headphones, anyone have experience with the Playstation Platinum?

Anyone think, as a new VR owner, I should go ahead upgrade to PS4 Pro? I don't have a 4K TV yet, but I'm hoping to get an LG OLED or Samsung QLED by Black Friday...just trying to gauge if it is worth spending the bulk of my remaining credit on a Pro. Does it enhance VR to a significant degree? Will I see noteworthy enhancements in regular games, even on a 1080p TV?
Remember that the PSVR is the display, so the increased resolution, performance, and visuals is going to help a good deal in those games that support it. Whether you notice it is up to the person, but it's nice to have that extra juice for the PSVR stuff. The regular games is more irregular just due to developers deciding how they want to apply the extra horsepower and it seems like some forget about 1080p people in terms of supersampling games, but I've definitely noticed how amazing Horizon looks on a Pro and games like Hitman look a bit sharper with shorter load times, so there are definitely some good 1080p showpieces out there. That also depends on how much you notice framerate/resolution improvements in games like for PSVR, but you'll at least be set for whenever you do get a 4K TV in the future and will probably have a good wave of new things to marvel over when that happens.

Had been playing VR on an OG PS4 and recently upgraded to a pro while in the middle of Farpoint. The game felt like it was even smoother and looked even better with the PRO to me.

Thanks for the info guys. Here's what I'm looking at adding:

VR Worlds
Surgeon Simulator
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Statik
Tethered
Tumble VR

I think I might have a problem. I've looked at Rigs, but I'm not completely sold on it yet.

Here's something I'm wondering, is there a benefit to connecting the headset to the inline controls? I've got a 7.2 surround headset setup to run through my AV receiver for all my systems/TV that works great. Any input from you guys/gals?

Finally pulled the trigger on a VR, anyone have any recommendations beyond the main games? More interested in immersive story experiences 360 video photo etc, not sure how much support there is out there for the pave in that area? Any input is appreciated

Finally pulled the trigger on a VR, anyone have any recommendations beyond the main games? More interested in immersive story experiences 360 video photo etc, not sure how much support there is out there for the pave in that area? Any input is appreciated
Don't bother with the video apps, which all suffer from low resolution due to the nature of video streams from what I've watched. You'd be better off with downloading VR videos that you can stream through the PS4's media player from your PC.

As far as story-focused games, these are on sale

• The Assembly - More traditional adventure game.
  • Bound - 3D Platformer with an allegorical story over top of it.
  • Time Machine VR - Great mix of educational (not in the kids sense), adventure elements, and prehistorical settings/creatures.

Free VR video things:

Allumette

Chainsmokers Paris VR

Gary the Gull

Invasion

Joshua Bell VR Experience

In general:

• Loading Human: Chapter 1 - Decent adventure game with weird motion controls for moving, but has some fun physics stuff to it that is fun. I've heard some people had nausea issues with it.
  • Psychonauts and the Rhombus of Ruin - Great VR adaptation of the Psychonauts world into an adventure game that's fairly easy to play.
Others can probably add thoughts on things like Robinson: The Journey and some of the other games like that out there. Make sure you install or download the PSVR Demo Disc that has a lot of stuff on it to try out.

Don't bother with the video apps, which all suffer from low resolution due to the nature of video streams from what I've watched. You'd be better off with downloading VR videos that you can stream through the PS4's media player from your PC.

As far as story-focused games, these are on sale

• The Assembly - More traditional adventure game.
  • Bound - 3D Platformer with an allegorical story over top of it.
  • Time Machine VR - Great mix of educational (not in the kids sense), adventure elements, and prehistorical settings/creatures.
Free VR video things:

Allumette
Chainsmokers Paris VR
Gary the Gull
Invasion
Joshua Bell VR Experience

In general:
  • Loading Human: Chapter 1 - Decent adventure game with weird motion controls for moving, but has some fun physics stuff to it that is fun. I've heard some people had nausea issues with it.
  • Psychonauts and the Rhombus of Ruin - Great VR adaptation of the Psychonauts world into an adventure game that's fairly easy to play.
Others can probably add thoughts on things like Robinson: The Journey and some of the other games like that out there. Make sure you install or download the PSVR Demo Disc that has a lot of stuff on it to try out.
?
Awesome thanks for the tips, any recommendations on where to find good quality video content to download

I really want a PS VR but at that $400 price point on the headset alone (I will still need a camera) it's so hard to do.  Have even been watching craigslist which I have found a few deals but man... I just can't pull the trigger at $300+

I really want a PS VR but at that $400 price point on the headset alone (I will still need a camera) it's so hard to do. Have even been watching craigslist which I have found a few deals but man... I just can't pull the trigger at $300+
There is a $399 bundle with the camera. Find the Move controllers preowned for $29.99 at GameStop. With the Buy 2 Get 1 going on, it's a pretty good time to snag everything if you really want it.

CAG has been a great resource for suggestions. Like I said, so far Arkham VR and Playroom VR have been a blast. Job Simulator and Tumble VR are great as well.

There is a $399 bundle with the camera. Find the Move controllers preowned for $29.99 at GameStop. With the Buy 2 Get 1 going on, it's a pretty good time to snag everything if you really want it.

CAG has been a great resource for suggestions. Like I said, so far Arkham VR and Playroom VR have been a blast. Job Simulator and Tumble VR are great as well.
Yeah I played the majority of the games at a friends house. Really enjoyed Arkham (though I wish it was a fleshed out game more so than a tech demo) and had a blast with Resident Evil 7.

?
Awesome thanks for the tips, any recommendations on where to find good quality video content to download
That's where it gets tricky, as I don't know of any particular "go to" places for downloaded videos. The best thing is if you have the means to download Youtube videos (YT Red or other means), you can grab the recent 360 or other VR videos from there that should look a lot better than the streaming versions. Definitely avoid older stuff since those were made with really low res cameras that will be more likely to cause issues. I've kind of opted out on that stuff for the most part just due to there not being easily accessible means for that stuff without having to spend some money.

I wouldn't be surprised if the more recent videos apps are better than the early apps that turned me off of streaming, but even Youtube not making it easy to watch higher quality 360 videos was the worst part of all.

Well I pulled the trigger... got the PS VR with camera bundle, batman arkham vr, Rush of Blood and RE7 (all used to get the b2g1).  Total after tax and PUR $465.64 (my asshole hurts a bit).  Luckily I cashed in a bit on the trade in and was able to use $72 store credit so $393.64 out of pocket.  I really hope there isn't some insane deal on PS VR later this week now, that usually ends up being the case when I finally decide to purchase something.

Does anyone else's head hurt after playing VR for like 30 mins? I really enjoy the experience, but I have dry eyes - and my eyes hurt a little after playing VR - and my head hurts a bit too.

Maybe it's just me - but I'm curious if other CAGs have felt this experience too?

Does anyone else's head hurt after playing VR for like 30 mins? I really enjoy the experience, but I have dry eyes - and my eyes hurt a little after playing VR - and my head hurts a bit too.

Maybe it's just me - but I'm curious if other CAGs have felt this experience too?
My wife played for like 5 minutes and got physically ill. She swore it off and will just watch me play from now on. The first time I played it (Playing Robinson), I got a bit of a headache and a slightly dizzy feeling afterwards, but nothing major. That said, the more I played, it stopped happening. I would suggest starting with something slower paced (Batman or one of the VR Worlds "experiences" to begin with and then gradually move to things like Robinson.

Well I pulled the trigger... got the PS VR with camera bundle, batman arkham vr, Rush of Blood and RE7 (all used to get the b2g1). Total after tax and PUR $465.64 (my asshole hurts a bit). Luckily I cashed in a bit on the trade in and was able to use $72 store credit so $393.64 out of pocket. I really hope there isn't some insane deal on PS VR later this week now, that usually ends up being the case when I finally decide to purchase something.
Congrats man. It really is a pricey endeavor, but man is it fun. If you have Battlefront, be sure to try out the X-Wing VR Missions. They are great fun.

What game did you play? It could very well be the game, as I've gotten nausea from a couple of games and most others caused no issues.

Having picked up a PSVR this weekend, I am tempted by Star Trek. Has anyone played it? Worth $40?
I play STBC. If you're a Star Trek fan, you'll love it. It makes you feel like you're on a bridge of a starship. The missions are good enough for some role playing. Mind you, your expereience will depend on how well the rest of the people role play and how good the captain is.

Wow, I don't check CAG at all during the long, 4-day weekend, and it seems like everyone here bought a PSVR headset!  Is there some sale going on for it or something that I missed?

bread's done
Back