Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I am strongly considering picking up PSVR thanks to the Gamestop trade-palooza this weekend. My concern is that it'll end up like PS Move... great for the first 12 months, then developer support drops off and it ends up collecting dust. Although with VR also being on PC, I suppose that helps keep interest in general.

Are there a good amount of games that aren't horror or on-the-rails shooters? Robinson and Mervils have my attention, as well as Battlezone and a few others.

For those who have had the PSVR for a bit, do you find yourselves still playing it frequently? There's no where to demo PSVR near me, unfortunately :(

I am strongly considering picking up PSVR thanks to the Gamestop trade-palooza this weekend. My concern is that it'll end up like PS Move... great for the first 12 months, then developer support drops off and it ends up collecting dust. Although with VR also being on PC, I suppose that helps keep interest in general.

Are there a good amount of games that aren't horror or on-the-rails shooters? Robinson and Mervils have my attention, as well as Battlezone and a few others.

For those who have had the PSVR for a bit, do you find yourselves still playing it frequently? There's no where to demo PSVR near me, unfortunately :(
Considering it's selling well, has support from Bethesda for Doom, Fallout, & Skyrim... I think the support will be fine for another 2 years at least.

Move is still supported well. I don't think games will be an issue for the foreseeable future.

I bought one when gamestop had a price error on refurb, $200 is a pretty good price point for it. I also have an oculus rift.

Honestly there are a ton of obvious flaws with VR so its really, really, really obvious a second iteration is coming "soon" - how soon is soon though, nobody knows. There are a bunch of little wireless solutions third parties have put out, thats the first obvious thing. Second is foveated rendering, which is a long way of saying the VR system tracking where your eye is watching and rendering that part of the screen at extremely high resolutions (4k) and the rest of the screen at 1080. It'll make everything way, way, way more smooth and Samsung recently did a prototype with their phone VR, no wires at all obviously. Third is the headsets are still bulky and get uncomfortable after a while, wireless will help but eventually the headsets will likely move to AR.

So... 3-4 years? 1-2 years? Who knows when the next iteration is. It likely will be microsoft with some sort of hololens thing that will blow away all the current VR, proceeded maybe by new iterations of Gear/HTC/Oculus headsets.

As long as you are ok with your headsets being obselete ala ps3->ps4 in the next 12-18 months its a great device to play around with, I honestly don't think there are more than 2-3 games that will hold anyones attention for more than 10 hours and I don't feel there is still a "killer" game out there ala The Last of Us, Breath of the Wild, Forza Horizon, Bloodborne, etc that truly justify the device but Star Trek VR, Farpoint, and a few others are decent.

Wow, I don't check CAG at all during the long, 4-day weekend, and it seems like everyone here bought a PSVR headset! Is there some sale going on for it or something that I missed?
Crazy Trade/Flip/Boomerang palooza at Gamestop this weekend, lots of people got consoles and PSVR

Crazy Trade/Flip/Boomerang palooza at Gamestop this weekend, lots of people got consoles and PSVR
The Buy 2 Get 1 got me more than the trade-ins. Getting RE7 and a Move controller free was a big bonus. Some creative scanning by the manager made those free instead of the $18.99 games. Not sure if it was an override or the POS did it in the order it was scanned and not lowest price free like most sales of that nature.

The Buy 2 Get 1 got me more than the trade-ins. Getting RE7 and a Move controller free was a big bonus. Some creative scanning by the manager made those free instead of the $18.99 games. Not sure if it was an override or the POS did it in the order it was scanned and not lowest price free like most sales of that nature.
I took advantage of both, got the money needed from trades and got all the accessories with b2g1

Here's something I'm wondering, is there a benefit to connecting the headset to the inline controls? I've got a 7.2 surround headset setup to run through my AV receiver for all my systems/TV that works great. Any input from you guys/gals?
Yes, you are missing out on a lot by not using the inline controls with a stereo headset. Part of what the processor box does is process the audio into binaural sound. You get directional audio with only two channels. I haven't tested it, but it would probably mess up the effect if you used one of those faux surround headsets that extrapolates out two channels into several.

Well I pulled the trigger... got the PS VR with camera bundle, batman arkham vr, Rush of Blood and RE7 (all used to get the b2g1). Total after tax and PUR $465.64 (my asshole hurts a bit). Luckily I cashed in a bit on the trade in and was able to use $72 store credit so $393.64 out of pocket. I really hope there isn't some insane deal on PS VR later this week now, that usually ends up being the case when I finally decide to purchase something.
Congratulations, you got three of the best games so far. If you can find an Aim controller, Farpont is also well worth your time, and smaller indie games like Rez, Thumper, and Hypercube are all worthy experiences and can be had cheap when the Playstation Store does sales.

Personally I loved Doom so I'm really excited about Doom VR and even though we didn't get an announcement for Fallout 4, there is still alot of good looking stuff on the horizon, like Super Hot, The Inpatient, and Ace Combat 7.

As far as Move goes, I believe if you count downloadable titles, the PSVR has already surpassed the Move as far as total games available. There seems to be a new game or two popping up on the Playstation Store almost every week so this thing still has developers pretty excited, and the E3 support from Bethesda was pretty awesome.

Made a couple of new videos for two of the PSVR games on sale. First is Pixel Gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXGnVCyJKY

And the second is Mervils:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzXKx0EVW8

I also checked out the Spider-Man: Homecoming VR Experience and saw that there's not much to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0CkREuiUms

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/07/07/playstation-store-junes-top-downloads-2/

The Top PSN Downloads for June shows some new releases and sale games get back into the top 10 (last month's rank):

1. Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition (NEW)
  2. Star Trek: Bridge Crew (2)
  3. PlayStation VR Worlds (--)
  4. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (--)
  5. Batman: Arkham VR (8)
  6. Job Simulator (3)
  7. Mortal Blitz (7)
  8. Ancient Amuletor (NEW)
  9. Ghostbusters is Hiring: Firehouse (--)
  10. Tumble VR (--)

For me it is a whole new experience. I have the psvr and the rift. I have learned to take your time getting your eyes use to vr. It is occular overload and your eye muscles get tired. Like others said walk into it.

I am still happy I own it. For as much as the rift gets knocked every experience doesn't have to equate to a full blockbuster game. Discovering space 2 on the rift is a simple game where you pilot the ship and explore the solar system. See saturns rings or Jupiters spot. For what it is it was worth the price. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0ssYy4xto

I hope they bring more of the indi games over to the psvr. They could fill in the gaps.

I have never had problems using VR, 3D, etc. Which is odd because i have really bad vision problems so I'd expect using things like this to give me headaches at least. I used my PS VR for like 3 hours straight the other night marathoning demos with no problem.

Does anyone else have a hard time seeing clearly in the headset? Text is borderline unreadable for me no matter how I adjust the headset. Any object off in the distance looks like a jaggy mess. Is that just due to the low resolution being right against my eyeballs?

For me it is a whole new experience. I have the psvr and the rift. I have learned to take your time getting your eyes use to vr. It is occular overload and your eye muscles get tired. Like others said walk into it.

I am still happy I own it. For as much as the rift gets knocked every experience doesn't have to equate to a full blockbuster game. Discovering space 2 on the rift is a simple game where you pilot the ship and explore the solar system. See saturns rings or Jupiters spot. For what it is it was worth the price. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR0ssYy4xto

I hope they bring more of the indi games over to the psvr. They could fill in the gaps.
Oh man I wish that was on the psvr

Does anyone else have a hard time seeing clearly in the headset? Text is borderline unreadable for me no matter how I adjust the headset. Any object off in the distance looks like a jaggy mess. Is that just due to the low resolution being right against my eyeballs?
What games specifically are you having problems with? The ones I've tried purposefully had larger text to avoid that.

I have the same exact issue. It's with almost every game. The text and graphics look so blurry.

I had that issue too. I don't think you have the headset adjusted correctly. I have found that if I put the back strap up a little higher on my head and angle the front of the headset down a little that it gets the screen closer and reduces any outside light from getting into my line of vision and making the text hard to read.

I have the same exact issue. It's with almost every game. The text and graphics look so blurry.
the only thing you can do is reset the eye test, they dont really have a good way to adjust and if you use glasses doesnt make it any easy, depending on the game, i have to either move the screen part closer or further from my head to help the issue

I had that issue too. I don't think you have the headset adjusted correctly. I have found that if I put the back strap up a little higher on my head and angle the front of the headset down a little that it gets the screen closer and reduces any outside light from getting into my line of vision and making the text hard to read.
+1 on this. I had an issue with blurriness at first, but moving the back strap up a little and pushing the front down a little cleared up the blurriness.

Hey all - I have 2 PSVR games on disc (Robinson, RoB, and VR Worlds) that I've converted to digital so I want to sell the disc version.  Is there a dedicated thread on CaG for selling PSVR games?

Thanks!

Hey all - I have 2 PSVR games on disc (Robinson, RoB, and VR Worlds) that I've converted to digital so I want to sell the disc version. Is there a dedicated thread on CaG for selling PSVR games?

Thanks!
All of them games dropped in price recently. Like sub 20. before various discounts. You may be better off selling on ebay.

I dunno why but I'm having a hard time deciding what else to get with this sale. I already have rush of blood and vr worlds. I feel like battlezone and rigs are both tempting purchases (I liked the rigs demo) but I hear they have dying multiplayer communities. Everything else I just have no idea about.

I dunno why but I'm having a hard time deciding what else to get with this sale. I already have rush of blood and vr worlds. I feel like battlezone and rigs are both tempting purchases (I liked the rigs demo) but I hear they have dying multiplayer communities. Everything else I just have no idea about.
deciding what to get with what sale?

deciding what to get with what sale?
This one.

Here are the PSVR games on sale this week:

Ace Banana - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Ancient Amuletor - $18.99 - 5% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26
Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition - $35.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/5
The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Avant-Garde Bundle (Bound Included) - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Battlezone - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/11
Bound - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Here They Lie - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Hustle Kings VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Nebulous - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Pixel Gear - $5.49 - 50% Off - $4.39 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
PlayStation VR Worlds - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 7/11
Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Space Rift Episode 1 - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/11 - Free VR Mission
Super Star Dust Ultra VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/11
Time Machine VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Trackmania Turbo - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Tumble VR - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Weeping Doll - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Will probably have to pick up a few of these.

Battlezone is more a roguelike that happens to have a co-op feature. I haven't played past fist patch but I converted to digital because it's a pretty feature rich game. Trackmania has been as low as 12 bucks for physical but is well reviewed even though the VR portion is a supplement and not the majority of the game.

You don't really need multiplayer for Battlezone but it gets hard. Even on easy, by the time you get near the end of the grid, it's punishingly hard. Some of the perks that allow players to heal other players and such would really come in handy at that point and I can't help but think it would be easier in co-op, but I don't have the time to play enough to maintain a dedicated PS Plus subscription, so I haven't played multiplayer yet. Assuming that by the time I get around to it, the community will be dead.

What games specifically are you having problems with? The ones I've tried purposefully had larger text to avoid that.
I was having issues with RE7 in particular, but even on the home screen the text doesn't look totally clear.

Yeah I think putting the strap more on the top of my head instead of the back helps somewhat.

Here are the PSVR games on sale this week:

Ace Banana - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Ancient Amuletor - $18.99 - 5% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26
Arizona Sunshine Launch Edition - $35.99 - 10% Off - Ends 7/5

The Assembly - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Avant-Garde Bundle (Bound Included) - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Battlezone - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 7/11
Bound - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Here They Lie - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11
Hustle Kings VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Nebulous - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 7/11

Pixel Gear - $5.49 - 50% Off - $4.39 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

PlayStation VR Worlds - $17.99 - 55% Off - $13.99 - 65% Off - Ends 7/11

Rigs Mechanized Combat League - $24.99 - 50% Off - $19.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Space Rift Episode 1 - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $19.99 - 50% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 7/11 - Free VR Mission

Super Star Dust Ultra VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 7/11

Time Machine VR - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Trackmania Turbo - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Tumble VR - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Weeping Doll - $4.99 - 50% Off - $3.99 - 60% Off - Ends 7/11

Will probably have to pick up a few of these.
Reminder that the sales that end today end at about 11 AM ET/8 AM PT.

Hmmm, still not sure if I should grab RIGS or not.

I own Battlezone and if I grab it, it'd likely be just for singleplayer. Worth it?
A few of us gave our impressions of single player just a few posts back. If you can get the game less than $30 it's worth it, in my opinion. Wouldn't pay full retail at this point.

There are two new sales and a pre-order deal for today:

The Brookhaven Experiment - $11.19 - 44% Off - Ends 8/14

Dino Frontier - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/1

Fantastic Contraption - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/11

The Brookhaven Experiment should have Aim Controller support now, so it's on sale to celebrate.

The other new release that's not on sale:

The Bellows - $4.99

Dino Frontier is the new game from the developers of Wayward Sky, which was a great PSVR game. More info here and here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJhHoZDfvc4

Brookhaven doesn't have locomotion right? I still might grab as I'm close to done with farpoint but would be interested in others opinions on it

Pretty decent sale price for Brookhaven. Considering it now has Aim support and I ended up passing on Arizona Sunshine due to the aiming issues, I might grab Brookhaven instead. 

Gran Turismo Sport is out 10/17. The release date trailer has no mention (or icon) of VR support...

I thought I read somewhere that it would have PSVR in some capacity. Is this no longer the case?

https://youtu.be/yAjr9CPBEWc

Gran Turismo Sport is out 10/17. The release date trailer has no mention (or icon) of VR support...

I thought I read somewhere that it would have PSVR in some capacity. Is this no longer the case?

https://youtu.be/yAjr9CPBEWc
From what I read (can't recall where) there was a VR view mode to look around the cars and things like that, but I didn't think an in-car gameplay option was supposed to be in the game.

^ Cool. I do see that the final boxart does have the VR Mode mention on it. Phew.

VDkhqnk.jpg

bread's done
Back