Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I played Eagle Flight for about an hour a couple of days ago. Liked it but got pulled into Time Machine VR as my go to VR game (only got the PSVR this week). I struggled some with control in Eagle Flight. It isn't difficult to control exactly, but it is a fairly challenging game that requires fairly precise navigation by moving your head around. This wasn't something I proved particularly adept at in my time with the game, but I sure other people have had more success than me, and I do plan to return to the game when I am done with Time Machine.

This argument needs to GTFO already.

On-Topic, is anyone else playing Werewolves Within? The community seems to be near dead at this point, and it's kind of sad.

Also, does anyone have thoughts on Eagle Flight?
Eagle flight feels dated even for VR at this point. It's an UBI collectathon so it's got some content if you like flying around for feathers and it's quite relaxing imo. I just think at this point you can buy a dozen better games for PSVR for even similar prices to it's sale price (10 bucks).

So, Superhot and Archangel are out this coming week folks, and Theseus is out the week after that. Anyone excited? Already got the Superhot bundle pre-ordered, and awaiting reviews on Archangel...there's a gameplay video out now that looks pretty good...definitely a bit frantic, but the game is on rails, so I imagine it won't be too bad.
I'll likely buy all three based on asking price. Superhot preordered VR only.

I skipped Arizona Sunshine due to the negative press, so I'm pretty hopeful that SuperHot fills the void. I haven't given up on AZ Sunshine, just hoping to hear about a patch that hopefully improves the aiming issues. 

I skipped Arizona Sunshine due to the negative press, so I'm pretty hopeful that SuperHot fills the void. I haven't given up on AZ Sunshine, just hoping to hear about a patch that hopefully improves the aiming issues.
Superhot has already recieved 9+ from two no name Sony sites. Also it does have a plat for those wondering. Extremely excited about this game.

It's not much of a fight when one person is throwing wild haymakers and couldn't land to save their life, while the other person wasn't even looking for a fight
LOl. Great analogy.

Apparently calling out someone for using a 'friend' to try to save a whopping $8 is equivalent to "wildly throwing haymakers".

Meanwhile I wasn't a complete dumbass and preordered from Best Buy for like $65. It's still sitting unopened in the box.

Boo hoo to you babies.

I would be pretty pissed if I was a VR developer working on something that supported the Aim Controller and the thing isn't even being sold at all anywhere. Why did they bother even developing it if it was only going to be sold in a limited bundle and not separately? The attach rate has to be like 2% tops and that's with PSVR itself only being a million seller so far.

And on top of that the Aim controller makes Farpoint incredibly immersive. It's baffling that they don't want this thing in as many hands as possible. I haven't tried Brookhaven yet, but did buy it. Would love to see a sale on AZ Sunshine soon

Hooray! The fight might be restarting!

On topic, I don't like to play with other people I don't know.  How is Star Trek as single player?

I got it as a gift but it's still wrapped.

Hooray! The fight might be restarting!

On topic, I don't like to play with other people I don't know. How is Star Trek as single player?
I got it as a gift but it's still wrapped.
It's a bad job simulator for Star Trek fans so:

1. If you have a painfully monotonous job telling AI to prep warp core engines may be fun.
2. If you love Star Trek so much that missions of go to A and do B with the bare minimum of story might sound exciting.

That's the best I could do because I haven't enjoyed it, though I think I'll keep it around, since on Reddit and the web in general opinions have been very different, even when comparing single versus multiplayer content.

any suggestions on a stand for the ps vr?
This is a case, not a stand, but this is how I keep mine when not in use. I prefer this case over any stand or the smaller cheapo case they sell at Gamestop. Keeps the PSVR from getting dusty if I don't use it for awhile, and has enough room (plus a dedicated pouch) to manage the cables so you don't have to leave all of that laying out.

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-PlayStation-Headset-Accessories-Deluxe-Carrying/dp/B01LB4KJ90?th=1

There are some new deals on PSVR games:

100ft Robot Golf - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 8/1

GNOG - $10.04 - 33% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/1

Perfect - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/1

Race The Sun - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 8/1

Wayward Sky - $12.59 - 37% Off - $10.59 - 47% Off - Ends 8/1

The older active deals:

Ancient Amuletor - $18.99 - 5% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 7/26

The Brookhaven Experiment - $11.19 - 44% Off - Ends 8/14

Dino Frontier - $23.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/1

Fantastic Contraption - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/11

Superhot Mind is Software Bundle - $31.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/21

Superhot VR - $19.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 7/21

And a new release:

Archangel - $39.99

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls Viewing Revolution - $19.99

New pre-orders:

Gran Turismo Sport - $59.99

Obduction - $29.99

I'd definitely recommend GNOG, Race The Sun, and Wayward Sky.

There are some new deals on PSVR games:

100ft Robot Golf - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.79 - 66% Off - Ends 8/1
GNOG - $10.04 - 33% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/1
Perfect - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/1
Race The Sun - $2.99 - 70% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 8/1
Wayward Sky - $12.59 - 37% Off - $10.59 - 47% Off - Ends 8/1

And a new release:

Archangel - $39.99

Super....Hot.

Edit: Ugh, now I understand why the preload say 2 more days. It's a Friday release.

Also, anyone try Archangel? 40 bucks is a lot for a game that hasn't been reviewed by anyone yet.

This is a case, not a stand, but this is how I keep mine when not in use. I prefer this case over any stand or the smaller cheapo case they sell at Gamestop. Keeps the PSVR from getting dusty if I don't use it for awhile, and has enough room (plus a dedicated pouch) to manage the cables so you don't have to leave all of that laying out.

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-PlayStation-Headset-Accessories-Deluxe-Carrying/dp/B01LB4KJ90?th=1
same one i use and love it. i like to keep my stuff dust free and safe

Do you have a video up for GNOG? I tried it on the demo disc and had no clue what I was supposee to be doing. Outside of the static environments for Bound and Hustle Kings, I thought it was the most worthless thing on that disc. Willing to give it a shot if someone can explain it to me, though.

Do you have a video up for GNOG? I tried it on the demo disc and had no clue what I was supposee to be doing. Outside of the static environments for Bound and Hustle Kings, I thought it was the most worthless thing on that disc. Willing to give it a shot if someone can explain it to me, though.
Each thing is a puzzle box of sorts, your supposed to poke and prod everything to see what it does and try to use it to affect other parts of the puzzle

If you want to see some of the current sale games in action, here's what I've made so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_0UfjXA3Ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59_d1f0ZdYg

I'll probably make videos for 100ft Robot Golf and Wayward Sky later this week.

same one i use and love it. i like to keep my stuff dust free and safe
What do you do with the move controllers? I just got this case as a gift and was pretty disappointed there was no designated space for the move controllers.

Also Gamestop does have this case but in store only and it is cheaper than Amazon at the moment: http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/psvr-system-travel-case/132730

Made videos for 100ft Robot Golf and Wayward Sky since they're on sale:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xfAzG0KCCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe3cOkZyBYs

Just got my code for Superhot VR, so I'll have a video for that tomorrow.

is the PSVR worth it at this price? it is tempting at this price
The short answer is yes. At this point there are plenty of games available that are worth your time, and several more to come, including Doom and Skyrim VR, Ace Combat 7, and alot of good looking new IP's that were shown at E3.

I'm still planning to hold off for a $300 headset (I already have the camera and Move controllers).  Maybe Black Friday?

Though, it's not like I need a (basically) new console to start ANOTHER backlog on.  $300 would be too tempting for me to pass on, though...

I'm still planning to hold off for a $300 headset (I already have the camera and Move controllers). Maybe Black Friday?

Though, it's not like I need a (basically) new console to start ANOTHER backlog on. $300 would be too tempting for me to pass on, though...
If you want a platform full of beatable games, PSVR might be one of the best. There are a lot of good games that are a few hours long or at least under 10 hours.

I grabbed driveclub and starblood at 10$ each. Was interested in some other stuff but in all honesty I have at least 5-10 games I've grabbed the last month or two that I haven't even tried yet. I might have to start doing a 1 in 1 out rule or something as I cant keep up with the content (or stop playing mmos but that would make me sad)

Having finished the Plat on Time Machine I definitely recommend it, though not at full price. It is a relaxing game that doesn't really have any time requirements and getting killed in the game is more of a minor nuisance than anything that keeps you from progressing. As a dinosaur fan this game definitely succeeded with letting one get close up to the various animals and see them pretty well. Now the graphics are a little rough and some of the extended game missions made me a little motion sick, but overall recommend it in the $10-15 range.

Having finished the Plat on Time Machine I definitely recommend it, though not at full price. It is a relaxing game that doesn't really have any time requirements and getting killed in the game is more of a minor nuisance than anything that keeps you from progressing. As a dinosaur fan this game definitely succeeded with letting one get close up to the various animals and see them pretty well. Now the graphics are a little rough and some of the extended game missions made me a little motion sick, but overall recommend it in the $10-15 range.
I've been interested in it, but it's only underwater Dinosaurs right? Does it take place above water at all?

No. The only thing that happens above ground is present day, and that really only exists as a level hub. It would be great to have a sequel be above ground, but I don't think this game sold well enough to warrant that. 

My Superhot VR video is now live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c46UEf5PCcE

It's been pretty awesome so far as a VR Matrix simulator.
The day one update adds PS4 Pro support for higher resolution, fixed some trophies, fixed the bug I experienced in the video where I spawned outside of the hackerroom, and a few other things.

how good is the resolution of the PSVR?

on some reviews (online) I read that it has a "screen door effect" (a grid of fine lines)

Superhot VR is a system seller in my mind. If you have the headset already, do yourself a favor and buy the game. It is amazing. Most fun I've had so far.

Yup. I was skeptical, but Superhot is awesome. Best PSVR experience IMO. Graphics are totally fine (non pro console here). Motion controls can be a little wonky, but if you clear out enough space you should have no issues. I could dodge bullets all day.

Superhot VR is a system seller in my mind. If you have the headset already, do yourself a favor and buy the game. It is amazing. Most fun I've had so far.
If you don't already have the headset, at what price is it a good buy?

I have a Pro with me and would love to try it out.

If you don't already have the headset, at what price is it a good buy?

I have a Pro with me and would love to try it out.
Hard to say really. If you have the expendable cash, the Best Buy deal is pretty good at $350. You will need to have the Move controllers and camera to go along with it. It's not a cheap endeavor by any means, but in my mind, it's cheaper than building a PC and getting a Vive/Rift.

Overall, it's all about how bad you want to have VR in your life.

Superhot VR is really fucking amazing. I had played through the regular version on X1 before, but this is a whole new experience. Really one of the coolest things I've played ever.

So how much space is required to play Superhot?  I watched a video where the guy said you needed to move around a lot, side to side and such.  Unfortunately, my living is kind of small, so I don't really have the room to step from side to side.

bread's done
Back