Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking about picking up SuperHot VR, but was kinda bummed to see the discount disappear after release.

Anyone have any thoughts? If I do get it, should I just get the bundle with the base game? Should I just wait for another discount?
I've beat both Superhot and Superhot VR and I'd say they are absolutely worth full price if you plan on playing them immediately. The campaign in both of them is not very long, but there are challenge rooms that are worth playing. Superhot VR is up there for coolest gaming experiences I've ever had.

It got mentioned in the niche thread, but idk if it's been mentioned here. Dead or alive xtreme 3 Asia version got its vr update on Tuesday. The pass to play it is free for one month, and you have to add it to your account through the game.

I was thinking about picking up SuperHot VR, but was kinda bummed to see the discount disappear after release.

Anyone have any thoughts? If I do get it, should I just get the bundle with the base game? Should I just wait for another discount?
Superhot is probably the best overall VR game on the PSVR, maybe best VR game period. You are dodging bullets in physical space shooting and throwing all sorts of things.

I'll probably do the same.

Also was thinking about picking up the MiniGolf game. Not sure if I want to pick it up ps4 for vr or get it for Switch to play on the go.
It does not support move as a virtual club which to me a big lost opportunity. The game looks fantastic in VR on PS4 Pro. It does not have a plat and has only 12 courses but increased difficulty and of course the course builder and sharer. To me it's just a question of whether you want VR or portable assuming Switch performance is good, which I bet it is.

Superhot VR got an update with improved resolution for PS4 Pro and load times.
To me it looks much better but Dino Frontier and MiniGolf are much better looking still.

On that note Dino Frontier is probably the most polished VR game I've played in months. I hear it's only 3-4 hours which is a crime because the controls and interface are the best I've ever seen in VR. I imagine some else has done some similar work in zoom, pan, rotate, grab, etc. but I'd say even at 23 bucks (which means waiting for a sale if you missed the preorder) it's worth it if you like city building games and/or dinosaurs.

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up buying SuperHot VR from my phone while I was out. But haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

What about TinyTrax, anyone check it out? I was excited for it but is it not an actual racing game? I keep seeing the term slot car. Does this mean there's not actual steering? Like the cars are on a slot and you basically just press the gas?

Am I the only one who is not the least bit interested in Superhot?
I feel the same way. All of the reviews tout that it is a major step forward for the shooter genre, but not caring at all about the genre of game I am not that interested. If it was $5 I'd pick it up.
And just to echo what someone else said earlier, Dino Frontier is a fairly polished game, especially for VR. Controls really well, and fills a genre of game generally lacking on consoles. Makes me wish EA hadn't killed SimCity because it seems that would work great in VR.

I feel the same way. All of the reviews tout that it is a major step forward for the shooter genre, but not caring at all about the genre of game I am not that interested. If it was $5 I'd pick it up.
And just to echo what someone else said earlier, Dino Frontier is a fairly polished game, especially for VR. Controls really well, and fills a genre of game generally lacking on consoles. Makes me wish EA hadn't killed SimCity because it seems that would work great in VR.
If you don't have interest in being Neo in a VR Matrix game, you probably won't like it. It's not really a shooter, but more of a puzzle action game.

Im just dying to get a Farpoint bundle any knowledge if they will restock or if they ever did I feel like its been out of stock for months.

I get you. I had it on PC but I wouldn't have bought it unless it was $1 (non VR) and I felt it was one of the most unique games I've played. Videos and trailers don't show off the gameplay or feel of it at all. Probably the definition of what it works so well for VR you have to just experience it.

As someone who has struggled with the nausea aspects of VR, that sounds downright vomit inducing.
Unless you can't enjoy any VR, Superhot VR should be fine since you're standing in one spot the entire time and nothing really moves unless you're moving. I've had issues with games like Driveclub VR, Battlezone, and a few others, but Superhot VR is perfectly fine. Here's my video of it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c46UEf5PCcE

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up buying SuperHot VR from my phone while I was out. But haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

What about TinyTrax, anyone check it out? I was excited for it but is it not an actual racing game? I keep seeing the term slot car. Does this mean there's not actual steering? Like the cars are on a slot and you basically just press the gas?
It's gorgeous and polished but extremely difficult and simple. It's a slot car racing game where you only really do 3 things, accelerate, boost, and steer. Steering is not really steering though since you are locked into a slot. When you take a turn on the track you press on the analog stick to essentially line up a meter to keep from slowing down and fill up your boost. It uses the analog sensitivity so it's easy to over or understeer bringing your car to a halt. Even on the easiest setting you have to race almost perfect to get 1st. It actually reminds me of super hypercube in that it's extremely simple but challenging. I could see playing small 10 minute sessions now and then but don't plan on playing a ton due to the difficulty and need to memorize tracks to play effectively.

another reason is you get nauseous if you play certain games without much experience in VR. I seriously vomitted 5x after playing robinson 20mins straight. job simulator I had no trouble getting the platinum for though so idk, it's really cool though but robinson made me sick and I haven't touched VR since.
Or you could have no nausea, I highly recommend finding a way to actually try one out, or alternatively an Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.

Nevermind doesn't show up on mobile but was able to order, thanks

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Target.com has several PSVR games on sales:

DriveClub VR (in-store only) $9.99: https://www.target.com/p/driveclub-vrplaystation-vr/-/A-51667438

Starblood Arena $9.99: https://www.target.com/p/starblood-arena-playstation-vr/-/A-52235706

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood $9.99 (appears to be sold out or unavailable): https://www.target.com/p/until-dawn-rush-of-bloodplaystation-vr/-/A-51328658

Job Simulator $9.99: https://www.target.com/p/job-simulator-playstation-vr/-/A-52479359
Thanks, got Job simulator!

which games does everyone recommend? we are getting my son the psvr for xmas, so i might as well get some games now while they are on sale. i was thinking job simulator and eve: valkyrie for sure. any other games you recommend?

which games does everyone recommend? we are getting my son the psvr for xmas, so i might as well get some games now while they are on sale. i was thinking job simulator and eve: valkyrie for sure. any other games you recommend?
I recommend Until Dawn, Job Simulator, and PS VR Worlds.

Saw on another site that the farpoint controller bundle is in stock at gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/farpoint-vr-with-aim-controller-bundle/136013
Thank you, I placed an order. I had given up hope of it ever returning in stock but did not want to pay the ebay prices.

Target.com has several PSVR games on sales:

Job Simulator $9.99: https://www.target.com/p/job-simulator-playstation-vr/-/A-52479359
Thank you for the post. I purchased Job Simulator for store pick up.

I've played it, its basically a light gun shooter all dressed up. I've enjoyed what I've played so far
I've heard good things, but that it's shorter than you'd probably like a $40 game to be.
Thanks for weighing in. I'll put it on my watchlist for when it drops to $20 or less.

Saw on another site that the farpoint controller bundle is in stock at gamestop.com

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/farpoint-vr-with-aim-controller-bundle/136013

Maybe a sign they are making more?
NIce! I wonder if this will ship soon. Some place was quoting in stock 8/31. Can't remember where I saw it.

A new deal and a new release:

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/15

Some of the existing deals if you missed them:

Archangel - $31.99 - 20% Off - $29.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/21

The Brookhaven Experiment - $11.19 - 44% Off - Ends 8/14

Fantastic Contraption - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 8/11

Rez Infinite - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/15

VR Ping Pong - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/15

And the new release:

Neptune Flux - $7.99

So having played Dino Frontier to the end and getting really close to the platinum trophy it definitely is pretty buggy late in the game and in the post game. It seems be the spawning or killing of the wild dinosaurs that freezes the game up, not real sure. Just a warning to those trying for the plat. It happened 4 times in about half an hour as I was trying to finish up the trophies. I definitely enjoyed it, though it could certainly use some more depth to the town building aspect of the game.

So having played Dino Frontier to the end and getting really close to the platinum trophy it definitely is pretty buggy late in the game and in the post game. It seems be the spawning or killing of the wild dinosaurs that freezes the game up, not real sure. Just a warning to those trying for the plat. It happened 4 times in about half an hour as I was trying to finish up the trophies. I definitely enjoyed it, though it could certainly use some more depth to the town building aspect of the game.
Thanks for the heads up. I typically don't mind the occasional glitch but as much as I love Dino Frontier I've had a few issues in the 1st hour. My first game didn't load the map just my build area and it took me 30 minutes to realize that it wasn't just darkened to appear later when I opened it up.

On that note I wanted to mention that the latest Superhot patch totally disabled trophies for many including myself.

Any one know of a store with the farpoint bundle? Looks like some target stores have it in Alabama and stuff but no where near me.

Any one know of a store with the farpoint bundle? Looks like some target stores have it in Alabama and stuff but no where near me.
GameStop website did have some bundles for order a few days ago but I can't find it now.

Made a couple of videos of PSVR games. First up is one that I highly recommend in Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOzei9g6yv4

The other is Smashbox Arena, which I enjoyed despite not finding a match with other people:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECn60pb7ac

Smashbox Arena at least fills in empty spots with bots, so the lack of players isn't too impactful.

Doest list those games just demo disc ? Are those games included ? I'm intrested at it for this price
Scroll down half way, the games are listed under "Special Offers..."

Order the PlayStation VR + Camera bundle and receive a digital code for the following PlayStation VR titles: Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - PlayStation VR, RIGS Mechanized Combat League - PlayStation VR, and Worlds - PlayStation VR. Here's how (restrictions apply)

I went ahead and took advantage of the PSVR amazon deal. I actually already have a camera, so that part wasn't needed. But even with an extraneous camera, $300 is a good deal for that bundle. The games are icing on the cake. I've been wanting to get in on the VR experience, but haven't wanted to upgrade my home gaming rig. I would be spending at minimum $400 to upgrade my PC, and that's before I even start looking to get a Rift or a Vive. So this is a very affordable means of experiencing VR.

The biggest drawback for me is that I won't be able to play around with development on the PSVR. (whereas the Rift or Vive would both have that option) I console myself in knowing that I already have plenty on my plate. I don't really have any extra time for VR development right now anyway.

bread's done
Back