Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
RE7 is so fucking scary for me, I feel like my hearts gonna explode. My best friend had been coming over to play and I would watch, but he passed away a few months ago and I've been to scared to carry on his torch and finish the game.

RE7 is so fucking scary for me, I feel like my hearts gonna explode. My best friend had been coming over to play and I would watch, but he passed away a few months ago and I've been to scared to carry on his torch and finish the game.
Damn dude, that game scared him to the point of giving him a heart attack? I wouldn't want to finish the game either!

I'd love to get Paranormal Activity, but I just don't like the idea of moving around without an analog stick.
It takes a little bit of getting used to but honestly I love using the move controllers with it. Using a flash light with one hand while opening a door with the other really adds to the overall feeling of it. Then you run out of batteries and only have a lighter in pure darkness...

So how do you actually move around the environment. Please don't let it be teleporting. :(
Nope, Square on the Left move controller will move you forward. X on the left controller will make you move backward. Where you turn your head is the direction you will start to move toward but you also have buttons on the right move controller that will turn you about 45 degrees in either directions roughly. I believe X and O. The control scheme is not an easy one to get the hang of but it really does work quite well once you do and I completely understand why they did it. Like I mentioned before you are holding a flash light in one hand and opening doors with the other. Also when your flash light runs out you have to manually put the batteries in by selecting them from inventory with your free hand and putting them into the bottom of the flashlight. If any of you do pick this one up make sure you are wearing headphones because the sound is fantastic.

Now that I think about it I haven't felt one bit of nausea/eye strain in about 2 hours of straight gameplay which is odd considering I could only play RE7 for about 45 to an hour clips. Not sure what the difference is.

My GameStop order arrived within about an hour of getting the BB email about the pick-up being ready, so I'll have to do the return tomorrow and pick-up after that.

It takes a little bit of getting used to but honestly I love using the move controllers with it. Using a flash light with one hand while opening a door with the other really adds to the overall feeling of it. Then you run out of batteries and only have a lighter in pure darkness...
Ha, maybe I should get it. It may be good practice for when Skyrim comes out.

Ha, maybe I should get it. It may be good practice for when Skyrim comes out.
I highly recommend it.. I just played again and made it about 15 minutes before I literally screamed out loud. This is the only game that has ever made me do that. Now my wife won't stop harassing me lol. I told her she is going to be giving it a try in the near future.

I highly recommend it.. I just played again and made it about 15 minutes before I literally screamed out loud. This is the only game that has ever made me do that. Now my wife won't stop harassing me lol. I told her she is going to be giving it a try in the near future.
Thanks for your input. The controls actually sound pretty good. I was worried that it was all telaporting. I'm most likely going to pick it up while it's still on sale.

Does Paranormal Activity actually have combat of any kind or is it more of an "Experience"? Can you die in the game?
Yes you can die but there is no real "combat". It's a lot of puzzles and trying to figure out certain things in a big creepy house with all sorts of bad things going on around.

I've swung my hands around in attempt to hit things coming at me at least 4-5 times in pure fear.. go go gadget flashlight combat!

Farpoint is great. The part where you get to the giant spider/crab boss is amazing and an awe-inspiring sight, you have to tilt your head up just to be able to see the size of this thing

They need to hype this game & the aim controller more. Throw it in a bundle with the VR headset.

Ugh you guys are making me want to buy it now. I really need to start playing my PSVR more, I have a huge collection of physical games already from all the sales too.

Job Simulator VR back in stock for $7.99 at BestBuy with GCU
Perfect timing thanks. Target royally fucked up my instore pickup order there from like 2 weeks ago and it just finally cancelled this morning

EDIT: Nevermind.....they randomly sent an email an hour later saying they couldnt verify my information and now its sold out? I just ordered stuff on there in the past couple days too.....

Starblood Arena physical copies are down to $10 now on Amazon. I'm not sure if this is a permanent price drop or if they are just matching someone else's sale price. 

I wish DriveClub VR would drop to $10 on Amazon, but apparently that's not going to happen since it looks like Amazon.com doesn't even sell the game directly, only through 3rd party sellers.

Perfect timing thanks. Target royally fucked up my instore pickup order there from like 2 weeks ago and it just finally cancelled this morning

EDIT: Nevermind.....they randomly sent an email an hour later saying they couldnt verify my information and now its sold out? I just ordered stuff on there in the past couple days too.....
That crap happened to me twice when I ordered the Xbox 1 X, I tried calling but they were no help and of course the foreign CSR's make it so easy as well. =/

I checked a half hour after you and they were already sold out, I did pick up Drive Club VR, Starblood, & Rigs.

Picked up FarPoint on Sat for the Teen Group at church...  

It was not really a hit.... it was SLOW... and the AI of the enemies just made the teens laugh.  (Look, he ran in front of you so you could shoot him?)  At one point they were getting killed by a level, so they just ran by it.  They did enjoy shooting stuff though.  

On the other had, they LOVE the Kitchen and Rush of Blood demo.  They keep putting teens in it and watching the reactions.  (And they enjoyed the Spider man demo... Huh?)  

I HATE scary games personally...  but I think I need to buy these 2 games for them.  :)  

Picked up FarPoint on Sat for the Teen Group at church...

It was not really a hit.... it was SLOW... and the AI of the enemies just made the teens laugh. (Look, he ran in front of you so you could shoot him?) At one point they were getting killed by a level, so they just ran by it. They did enjoy shooting stuff though.

On the other had, they LOVE the Kitchen and Rush of Blood demo. They keep putting teens in it and watching the reactions. (And they enjoyed the Spider man demo... Huh?)

I HATE scary games personally... but I think I need to buy these 2 games for them. :)
Farpoint starts kinda slow from a difficulty standpoint. The hard fights aren't till the last hour or so of the game. It's very immersive though especially with aim controller. It's not what I'd call a party game though

Farpoint and Aim Controller back in stock for delivery at Best Buy. 20% off with GCU.

My GS Farpoint order got delivered today, can't wait to give it a try!

For me, Farpoint is a solid game that shows how well the gun can and should be used; however, the game seriously suffers from the slow start and lack of solid enemies until the second half. It is also very short game; can be completed in 5 hours, and the multiplayer really isn't that good.

I would say: buy the game and controller. Play it and sell it immediately, while the value remains high. Get the experience, but it's definitely not worth keeping.

For me, Farpoint is a solid game that shows how well the gun can and should be used; however, the game seriously suffers from the slow start and lack of solid enemies until the second half. It is also very short game; can be completed in 5 hours, and the multiplayer really isn't that good.

I would say: buy the game and controller. Play it and sell it immediately, while the value remains high. Get the experience, but it's definitely not worth keeping.
I'd keep the gun though since more games are starting to support it and this is the only known way to get it

I thought the Farpoint campaign was very good, although it did start kinda slow. The coop mode is seriously awesome though. Having to work together and watch each others back is so cool with a friend.

I thought the Farpoint campaign was very good, although it did start kinda slow. The coop mode is seriously awesome though. Having to work together and watch each others back is so cool with a friend.
I think I'd like to ditch the game, keep the gun, but want to play some co-op first. have you played recently and if so is matchmaking working pretty well?

I think I'd like to ditch the game, keep the gun, but want to play some co-op first. have you played recently and if so is matchmaking working pretty well?
I didn't bother with matchmaking at all, I've got a buddy that has the game as well and we played together

Made a new video on Farpoint now that I got the bundle last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LoG3STBkjk

You can see me freak out at the onslaught of space spiders.

A bunch of PSVR games are on sale in the Flash Sale this week, so these end on 8/28:

Ace Banana - $4.49 - 70% Off

Carnival Games VR - $9.99 - 50% Off

Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off

Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off

NBA 2KVR Experience - $2.99 - 80% Off

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $5.99 - 70% Off

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $7.49 - 70% Off

Pixel Gear - $3.29 - 70% Off

Rollercoaster Dreams - $5.99 - 70% Off

Tethered - $9.99 - 60% Off

Time Machine VR - $9.89 - 67% Off

Unearthing Mars - $5.99 - 60% Off

Weeping Doll - $2.99 - 70% Off

From those I've played, Carnival Games VR, Pixel Gear, and Time Machine are the games I'd recommend from the list. Definitely stay away from Unearthing Mars. I included links to videos I've made of those games.

NBA 2KVR was terrible at launch since it had no Move support and was dead simple, but they've added Move support and I'll have to revisit it to see if that improves the game. I'll probably grab Tethered since I've heard/seen good things for that.

I'll probably grab Tethered since I've heard/seen good things for that.
I appreciate the recommendations. I haven't been able to dig into my PSVR yet, thanks to various chores I've been working on. And I won't be able to dig into it in earnest until about a week and a half from now. (going to PAX West!) But past that I'm going to have some more free time, and am looking forward to giving my new VR rig a spin.

I'm seriously considering Tethered as well. I've heard from numerous sources that 3rd-person platformers like that are actually a really great way to enjoy VR without succumbing to motion sickness. I'm hoping for further sales down the line, but these smaller-sized offerings are definitely on my radar.

bread's done
Back