Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came here to say Farpoint played with the Aim Controller is absolutely AMAZING. Seriously, this thing is a game changer
the aim controller is awesome, i hope more games come out you can use with it, hopefully if doom is any good has it, re7, and maybe this year they will release the snow dlc for farpoint soon

the aim controller is awesome, i hope more games come out you can use with it, hopefully if doom is any good has it, re7, and maybe this year they will release the snow dlc for farpoint soon
I have to admit though that I'm surprised there hasn't been another AAA game announced for the holiday season. I know Bravo Team will use it and indie devs are showing commitment but if Sony hopes to sell a bunch of headsets I'd hope that another big Aim release is announced at TGS or Paris Games Week.

I just came here to say Farpoint played with the Aim Controller is absolutely AMAZING. Seriously, this thing is a game changer
It's great yeah, but not much of a game changer. Can't be since it's been done since the Wii :p One of many reasons Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii was amazing

It's great yeah, but not much of a game changer. Can't be since it's been done since the Wii :p One of many reasons Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii was amazing
I mean that the Aim Controller is a game changer for PSVR. It creates the perfect way to play a FPS in VR.

Just bought a headset and camera bundle from Amazon. The code PSVRSAVE brings them down to $300. It's almost the same deal as last month. It's just this time it doesn't include two or three digital games.

Games I already have with VR support are Rigs, Resident Evil 7, and Dead or Alive Xtreme 3.

PlayStation VR had a big presence at Sony's TGS Press Conference last night, so here's what they announced or was shown:

Ark Park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWppP9e7zmQ

Gungrave VR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX_J7SWHfEM

A-Train Express Edition (no specific separate trailer released):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjOHtdmtao?t=2615

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MVRS (remaster of the sequel with PSVR & PS4 support):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d79qbcayOMw

Japan Studio VR Music Festival:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8chQwPHSUjk

Neko Atsume VR (cat collecting mobile game port)

News VR and Niconico VR apps also announced. Since this was a TGS show, not everything is guaranteed for western release, though Ark Park is confirmed and Zone of the Enders and Gungrave are likely guaranteed western releases.

The Turtle Beach Stealth 350VR headset is on sale at Newegg for the next couple of days for $50 (normally $80) with free shipping. Don't know where I heard about them initially (probably this thread). They are designed to fit over VR headgear, and seems to review well for their intended purpose / sound quality / price.

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/N82E16879459036?nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsNF-PC-_-pla-_-PS4+Accessories-_-N82E16879459036&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIx43Rz9221gIVxyaGCh1ZyQ_qEAYYAyABEgK3BvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/19/vr-spy-game-i-expect-you-to-die-gets-relaxing-new-level/

The Bond-themed escape room game I Expect You To Die is getting a new level via update on 10/24. Seems like a sale would be likely to happen around then if they wanted to capitalize on the new content.
I'm taking this comment from the developer of the game as meaning it'll be on sale around the time this happens:

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/19/vr-spy-game-i-expect-you-to-die-gets-relaxing-new-level/#comment-1219857

I played it for a few hours yesterday. It's awesome. The games I played were the Kitchen demo, Resident Evil 7: The Beginning Hour, the Spiderman Homecoming Experience, The London Heist, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, VR Luge, Rigs, and Resident Evil 7.

My first "oh shit" moment was when I looked to my left in Kitchen, and saw my shoulder. The only time I felt any kind of motion sickness was when I first walked up the stairs in The Beginning Hour. My feet felt very light.

I'm so glad I picked up a second Move controller the day before. I had thought I would mainly want to play games where you use a Dualshock 4, but The London Heist really opened my eyes to playing with motion sticks.

What surprised me about Resident Evil 7 is how the areas look bigger. I'm guessing that's because of the 3D. Now that I'm seeing depth I'm getting a better sense for how far a wall is. And maybe in VR I feel like I'm the size of a person, but on a tv I feel like I'm a slightly bigger box.

It's really cool being in that house. It's too bad my first playthrough wasn't in VR, but at least I still have the two upcoming dlc missions. The delay worked out well for me.

Anyone here try Solus Project? Word is it's great, especially for the price, but I've heard a few complain it has pretty bad jaggies.

Anyone here try Solus Project? Word is it's great, especially for the price, but I've heard a few complain it has pretty bad jaggies.
Definitely looks like an interesting one, but the trophies look glitched. Several of them are at 0%, and several more are at 0% on psnprofiles and at less than 1% on PSN. Even if none of those trophies are glitched it looks pretty tough to 100%, if that is your thing.

Articles released on Skyrim VR the last couple days aren't looking very promising. Most of the complaints are that it feels very dumbed down with players facing only a single enemy at a time, and the world apparently feels very sparse. Doom VFR fared a little better in early impressions, apparently it uses an intuitive "dash" feature as part of it's locomotion that allows players to "blow up enemies from the inside out" by dashing into them and making them explode. By all accounts, Skyrim seems to be a "port" while Doom seems to be a new game with new mechanics optimized for VR, but set in the Doom universe.  

I have and while the graphics are not AMAZING.. you can get completely lost in the atmosphere and world.. if you like survival games (not survival horror but survival like must keep a supply of food and water and watch your sleep cycle) all while exploring a crazy alien planet with insane weather and exploring creepy weird caves then this game is something you may enjoy, It's not horror but its without a doubt creepy and has definitely kept me on edge at times.

Honestly there hasn't been a single game yet on PSVR that has really wowed me with graphics.. but its less about that and more about immersion. There also hasn't been a single game without a PSVR that made me say holy @#$@ I'm actually in this room :) so I'll take a few jaggies

Definitely looks like an interesting one, but the trophies look glitched. Several of them are at 0%, and several more are at 0% on psnprofiles and at less than 1% on PSN. Even if none of those trophies are glitched it looks pretty tough to 100%, if that is your thing.
I think that is just more so that the game was just released and its apparently about a 15 hours campaign that not everyone may make it through.. lots of deaths may occur. If this was the Oregon trail they have died of dysentery.

Articles released on Skyrim VR the last couple days aren't looking very promising. Most of the complaints are that it feels very dumbed down with players facing only a single enemy at a time, and the world apparently feels very sparse. Doom VFR fared a little better in early impressions, apparently it uses an intuitive "dash" feature as part of it's locomotion that allows players to "blow up enemies from the inside out" by dashing into them and making them explode. By all accounts, Skyrim seems to be a "port" while Doom seems to be a new game with new mechanics optimized for VR, but set in the Doom universe.
This makes me a very VERY sad panda... that may mean I will just wait for skyrim VR when its 20 bucks

A couple of important notes though:

1. All previews I have seen are with move and sadly it makes sense why they couldn't retrofit move controls into that game without breaking it. Teleporting seems like a terrible way to play and damage and combat systems probably got minimum effort to accomodate and resulted in a big mess to support the novelty of move.

2. I can't be sure but I bet (hope) dualshock support essentially is the base game with a VR view which would leave systems untouched. Unfortunately, I'm now going to wait until reviews come out to see if they preserved the base game.

A couple of important notes though:

1. All previews I have seen are with move and sadly it makes sense why they couldn't retrofit move controls into that game without breaking it. Teleporting seems like a terrible way to play and damage and combat systems probably got minimum effort to accomodate and resulted in a big mess to support the novelty of move.

2. I can't be sure but I bet (hope) dualshock support essentially is the base game with a VR view which would leave systems untouched. Unfortunately, I'm now going to wait until reviews come out to see if they preserved the base game.
Last thing I want to do is discourage anyone, but I think it's better to have some knowledge going in so we can be educated consumers. It should be noted that the game is still over a month away and they did mention that, even though it wasn't available to be played with DS4 controllers in the build they had, that support for those was coming. Here's one of the articles I was referencing:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/08/report-skyrim-vr-port-is-a-complete-dumpster-fire/

The demo was dumbed down to not overwhelm people with all of the various systems while they acclimated to Move controls and VR, which we've known about since E3 since it's the same demo. Not sure why this is news to people. You can watch the video above to see the demo in action. You'll be able to have full locomotion with Move controllers at launch along with the option to play with the DualShock 4 if that's your thing.

I'm not saying it'll be perfect or that there won't be issues, but this seems like people making a mountain out of a molehill because this is the internet. Especially judging the final game based on an old demo.

Skyrim VR being a port and Doom VFR being a new game were also known since E3. You're playing an android in the station before the events of the game happen as you try to save things before they have to activate the Doom guy.

Skyrim has had so many bad impressions reviews so far that I have to think it's more than the usual anti VR bias. Doom looks really cool though.
Once you discount the VR haters and PC elitists, most impressions I've seen seem pretty positive. That guy in the ABC News video looks like he's having a great time for instance.

I noticed the other day that brickseek was showing Eagle Flight as $11.98 at a nearby Target (I've had a tab open with it since it started dropping to $19.98). I finally got a chance to pick it up today. It was stickered $19.98, and came up that way on the wall scanner and register, but the Target app showed $11.98 at that store, so I was able to get them to adjust it.

The store also had Farpoint (game only) at $24.98, but I already have the bundle.

I noticed the other day that brickseek was showing Eagle Flight as $11.98 at a nearby Target (I've had a tab open with it since it started dropping to $19.98). I finally got a chance to pick it up today. It was stickered $19.98, and came up that way on the wall scanner and register, but the Target app showed $11.98 at that store, so I was able to get them to adjust it.

The store also had Farpoint (game only) at $24.98, but I already have the bundle.
DPCI for eagle flight?

Just saw this mentioned on Reddit so I thought I'd share:

Target has a deal this week for 30% off any PS4 or Xbox One game when you also purchase a $1 preorder for any upcoming game. This can be applied to the Farpoint Aim bundle if they have it in stock.

(YMMV)

Got an Eagle Flight at Target clearance for $11.98. And with the 30% off with a $1 preorder card, got it out the door for $10.26. Anybody play this one?

Just saw this mentioned on Reddit so I thought I'd share:

Target has a deal this week for 30% off any PS4 or Xbox One game when you also purchase a $1 preorder for any upcoming game. This can be applied to the Farpoint Aim bundle if they have it in stock

(YMMV)
DCPI for Farpoint Bundle? I've never seen the bundle in retail stores

Hey Frisky,

Can you make a top 10 list of your best VR games?   One for physical games, and a seperate one for ditital only. 

Looking for ideas on what to try next

Hey Frisky,

Can you make a top 10 list of your best VR games? One for physical games, and a seperate one for ditital only.

Looking for ideas on what to try next
I don't know if this helps you at all, but I shared this list on Reddit recently. These are all of the games that I have played and recommend.

• Bound
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Jackal Assault VR Experience
  • Carnival Games VR
  • DYING: Reborn PSVR
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Farpoint + Aim Controller Bundle
  • Gunjack
  • HoloBall
  • Job Simulator
  • Kygo 'Carry Me' VR Experience
  • Mervils: A VR Adventure
  • Moonshot Galaxy
  • NBA 2KVR Experience
  • Pixel Gear
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
  • Proton Pulse Plus
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Sports Bar VR
  • The Chainsmokers Paris.VR
  • The Playroom VR
  • Time Machine VR
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Volume
  • Weeping Doll

I don't know if this helps you at all, but I shared this list on Reddit recently. These are all of the games that I have played and recommend.

• Bound
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Jackal Assault VR Experience
  • Carnival Games VR
  • DYING: Reborn PSVR
  • EVE: Valkyrie
  • Farpoint + Aim Controller Bundle
  • Gunjack
  • HoloBall
  • Job Simulator
  • Kygo 'Carry Me' VR Experience
  • Mervils: A VR Adventure
  • Moonshot Galaxy
  • NBA 2KVR Experience
  • Pixel Gear
  • PlayStation VR Worlds
  • Proton Pulse Plus
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Sports Bar VR
  • The Chainsmokers Paris.VR
  • The Playroom VR
  • Time Machine VR
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Volume
  • Weeping Doll
Thanks! I'm more curious how people would rank their favorites as opposed to a list of recommendations.

LOL the nba game is good?

And I kind of disagree on Eagle Flight. Yeah, its not a bad buy ~$10 but I didn't enjoy it at all, thought it was boring.

NBA 2KVR is better than the reviews would have you believe.  I think it's pretty fun.

For games (not including experiences) this is how I would rank my top 10:

1. Farpoint + Aim Controller Bundle
  2. PlayStation VR Worlds
  3. Gunjack
  4. Mervils: A VR Adventure
  5. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  6. Carnival Games VR
  7. Sports Bar VR
  8. NBA 2KVR Experience
  9. Job Simulator
  10. Time Machine VR