Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Even after using VR it's hard to gauge how much fun some games can be. When looking at previews of Ancient Amuletor it didn't look like anything special. But I downloaded the demo, and I was really in to drawing my bow and shooting the enemies. It'll be a game I get from the sale.

Driveclub VR was pretty good. What's selling me on it is the price, $7.00, and Spotify.

Mortal Blitz, Rez Infinite, and Fantastic Contraption are the other games I'm getting.

Made a video for Ancient Amuletor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXREYnZ3bEE

Also a video for NBA 2KVR Experience, which is missing commentary due to export issues I was having with it. Apologies for that. Summary of what I was saying is that it's still pretty bad with the added Move support:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujpGU7lZ7s

I could not disagree more.  NBA 2KVR is a fun game, especially with the move controllers.  I'm not exactly sure what there is NOT to like about it.

I could not disagree more. NBA 2KVR is a fun game, especially with the move controllers. I'm not exactly sure what there is NOT to like about it.
The controls are bad since you only need to get the horizontal aim right to sink the shot and form or anything like that doesn't matter, which is basically how the DualShock 4 controls worked without any need for motion. There is also a lack of good modes with the 3pt Contest being the only good one in there and even then, it's not great.

That's not entirely true.  Yes, the game does partially assist you with aiming, but that's not a bad thing.  If it didn't, it would probably be a lot like Skee-Ball or Darts in Sports Bar VR where the thing you're throwing never goes where you expect it to go.  And you still need to have good aim to get the ball in.

Also, Challenge mode (the one where you have to bounce the ball off platforms) is incredibly fun.  You didn't like that?

Overall, I thought the presentation was really well done too.  Running down to the court and the sound effects really make you feel like you're there.

Mortal Blitz or Brookhaven?
IMHO I'd go with Mortal Blitz. Brookhaven's good if you have the AIM controller but its pretty standard shooting gallery-horde stuff. Mortal Blitz is like a more hands on version of time crisis, like ducking to take cover. Both are good but if you can only get one at this point, Mortal Blitz gets my vote

I'm always so hesitant to buy any VR games for fear that they'll be just tech demos or make me vomit.

That being said, I decided to grab Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, VR Worlds and Mortal Blitz.

I figure they'll be another sale on something good when I more sure of my ability to handle VR.

Just got mine today. Can I use my surround sound system instead of the headphones? There’s already too many wires as it is lol.
You can, however it is highly recommended to use a pair of noise cancelling headphones for more immersive audio, especially with more interactive games. Plus the headphones plug into the power button box on the headset so it's nowhere near as bad as it could be lol.

Also, I found myself to get motion sickness on some games. I just got it today. Do you eventually adjust ?
It 100% depends on the individual, some people like myself experience 0 issues with any game, others have motion sickness but are able to adapt over time, and a few people just cannot play because of sever motion sickness.
Just try playing in short bursts and see if you build up any tolerance

Just got mine today. Can I use my surround sound system instead of the headphones? There’s already too many wires as it is lol.
You could do that if you want, but you lose the 3D audio that helps make a number of games a better experience.

Also, I found myself to get motion sickness on some games. I just got it today. Do you eventually adjust ?
It could get better, but there's no guarantee since it's unique to every person. The same sorts of things that caused nausea in me around launch still give me that kind of reaction, so I try to avoid them if I can help it.

You will loose the 3D sound, but for most games it doesn't matter to me... I just use my surround sound. However, for some experiences (like RE7) I used my headphones for maximum immersion.

You have to get your VR legs. Best way is really to do short bursts at first, especially of the ones that make you nauseous. Don't try and push though the feeling. As soon as you feel it coming on, stop. You'll eventually be able to go longer and longer.

I never did get used to RIGS though...
Lol, haven't gone back to Rigs since getting rid of it and downloading as part of the plus lineup. It's the only game of the 30-40 games I've played that I can only handle for about 10-20 minutes.

So do you have to use the included earbuds or otherwise special earphones to get the 3D effects? I use these things because I prefer over-the-ear instead of in-the-ear, and I can't say I've ever really noticed any sort of 3D audio.

So do you have to use the included earbuds or otherwise special earphones to get the 3D effects? I use these things because I prefer over-the-ear instead of in-the-ear, and I can't say I've ever really noticed any sort of 3D audio.
Audio is processed on the system so any headset works. Technically I think it occurs in the breakout box so any headphones wired into the PSVR headset work. Otherwise I think you can use any wireless headset that has compatible 3D audio with PS4 and that works as well.

Bought Gun jack and Mortal Blitz.  

Gunjack is fun for what it is.  Solid $5 buy.  

Surprisingly, Mortal Blitz is just as much fun to watch as it is to play.  It is one of the few games that you can duck and cover... and that is hilarious to watch others acting out.  :)  $10 is a fair price for this.  :)  

Audio is processed on the system so any headset works. Technically I think it occurs in the breakout box so any headphones wired into the PSVR headset work. Otherwise I think you can use any wireless headset that has compatible 3D audio with PS4 and that works as well.
I don't think wireless headphones work with PSVR's positional audio.

Next time you use PSVR try plugging the headphones into the dualshock controller vs the headset and you should notice a difference.

There are some new deals for this week:

Bloody Zombies - $11.09 - 26% Off - $9.59 - 36% Off - Ends 10/31

Dying: Reborn - $7.49 - 50% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $12.49 - 50% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $27.99 - 30% Off - $24.79 - 38% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $35.99 - 40% Off - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Deluxe Edition - $53.99 - 40% Off - $44.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 1 - $7.99 - 20% Off - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 2 - $11.99 - 20% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 10/31

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 10/31

Thumper - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 10/31

Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 10/31

A few new releases:

Gran Turismo Sport - $59.99

Megaton Rainfall - $15.99

No Heroes Allowed! VR - $29.99

Best use of 3D audio i've seen is in London Heist, in the very beginning you're handed a phone you can put up to your ear to hear the other caller.

The headphone jack is stereo, you don't get more than 2 channels, so any headphone will do. The only thing they do is virtual 3D sound processing output to 2 channels, it's not by the hardware, not by the headphone.

Is Farpoint bundle the only way to get the Aim Controller? And the best deal is BestBuy with GCU?

I see the game itself is on clearance at target, wondering if I should buy a standard alone Aim Controller instead.

Does anyone know if the Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition will contain the VR mode? It doesn't indicate it on the cover and any of the descriptions I have seen does not mention it.

Does anyone know if the Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition will contain the VR mode? It doesn't indicate it on the cover and any of the descriptions I have seen does not mention it.
It will, it's the same game plus DLC. Some aspects of DLC do not support VR but they have been called out many times and are also mentioned in the PS Store descriptions. It's a great deal for anyone who doesn't own RE7.

It will, it's the same game plus DLC. Some aspects of DLC do not support VR but they have been called out many times and are also mentioned in the PS Store descriptions. It's a great deal for anyone who doesn't own RE7.
Ok, thanks. Was tempted to pick up RE7 at Best Buy this week while it's on sale, but now I think I will hold off and get this.

Is Farpoint bundle the only way to get the Aim Controller? And the best deal is BestBuy with GCU?
I see the game itself is on clearance at target, wondering if I should buy a standard alone Aim Controller instead.
I believe Gamestop sells it new standalone. Last time i was there they had a box for just the controller behind the counter. Buying them seperatley will still be more expensive than the bundle even with the game on clearance.

The best deal so far was when Target had their 30% off any game when you get a pre-order card, it worked on the bundle.

I believe Gamestop sells it new standalone. Last time i was there they had a box for just the controller behind the counter. Buying them seperatley will still be more expensive than the bundle even with the game on clearance.

The best deal so far was when Target had their 30% off any game when you get a pre-order card, it worked on the bundle.
Too bad there wasn't any nearby store had it in stock at that time.

Cool. Let me know what you think.
I have it. It's decent but a bit odd. Main issue is that it has a lot of lighting, physics, and objects that are rendered essentially in 2D in the far distance which makes the environment feel much flatter than many VR games. It's a bit like playing a game that supports a 360 degree view. It's simple but quite fun and zooming around the world in the solar system is cool with the caveat that the limited depth kills some of the immersion over time.

dont know if it was mentioned, but with sony looking to move the old models, amazon you use 100vrsave at checkout on the bundle and target has 25%off when you use the cartwheel

Mortal Blitz - 

I watched my son play it for a bit, and enjoyed watching him duck and cover.  Then I tried the first 2 levels by myself last night.

Good - 
Immersion is REAL!!  Opening scene, I walked up and looked out of the ship.  My body reacted to the fear of falling.  Pretty cool.  I loved being able to move around to get into cover.  

Bad - The gun aim is wonky.  Good thing that you have target lasers... otherwise I would hit zilch.  
Story is huh what???  
And the immersion almost sent me crashing into my TV.  I lose the sense of where I am when I am playing it.  haha

But it is worth the $10 for just the immersion.  Lots and lots of fun.  Probably the best part of it is that I physically am moving!  Love that feel.  

Batman had one time where I felt that.  When I had to turn in the hallway.  This is loads and loads of it.  Awesome!

dont know if it was mentioned, but with sony looking to move the old models, amazon you use 100vrsave at checkout on the bundle and target has 25%off when you use the cartwheel
It was posted in the Target Cartwheel thread, the Target deal (expires 10/21) is much better (and $45 camera on Target Web), it makes $256 before tax (after 5% red card or discover cashback) for headset and camera bundle.

I was REALLY hoping that code for $100 off would work on the old/discontinued/original headset-only PSVR sold on Amazon, but no such luck!

These $299 deals for the old/discontinued/headset-only PSVRs are tempting, though.  I've been telling myself that I will just wait until Black Friday and hope for a great PSVR deal, but now I'm worried that all of the old/discontinued/headset-only PSVRs will be sold out by then and that if there are any Black Friday PSVR deals, they'll be a smaller percentage off of the $399 newer version bundle that includes the camera (which I already own).

What do you think, CAGs?

I was REALLY hoping that code for $100 off would work on the old/discontinued/original headset-only PSVR sold on Amazon, but no such luck!
Not sure how they made it "discontinued", don't think they're so updated because of the new one in Japan.

The bundle they ship is not the bundled box from buyer's review, but separate retail headset + retail camera, so it's not really that "discontinued".

These $299 deals for the old/discontinued/headset-only PSVRs are tempting, though. I've been telling myself that I will just wait until Black Friday and hope for a great PSVR deal, but now I'm worried that all of the old/discontinued/headset-only PSVRs will be sold out by then and that if there are any Black Friday PSVR deals, they'll be a smaller percentage off of the $399 newer version bundle that includes the camera (which I already own).

What do you think, CAGs?
The $250 will probably the ongoing sale price for the old headset, BH has it for that price for a few days before it's sold out. Target store has it for $225 after cartwheel now, which I don't think BF can go much lower than that as officially it's still retail for $350. Very likely the BF deal they would say $100 off (from $350) to make it sounds attractive. Just my guess anyway.

bread's done
Back