Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
No link, like I said I couldn't find anything online indicating that this game exists in physical form. The Best Buy I was at had three copies on the shelf.

[attachment=28990:IMG_1356.JPG][attachment=28992:IMG_1357.JPG]

Is EVE: Valkyrie multiplayer only?  It looks cool, but I don't have PS+ (I've been playing multiplayer games via Xbox Live Gold and never felt like getting two subscriptions). 

Also, any thoughts on Archangel, Trackmania, Sneaky Bears, or Wipeout? Any other recommendations from the list of games on sale? 

Also, any thoughts on Archangel, Trackmania, Sneaky Bears, or Wipeout? Any other recommendations from the list of games on sale?
We have trackmania, and you have the full game as well as a slew of short vr tracks. It's a good vr title with driving and no motion sickness at all.

Wipeout has Always been amazing, and early hands on reviews are saying the vr is fantastic... Plus the entire game will be playable in vr.

Since it was $40 yesterday, and the vr add on will be free, we snagged it yesterday.

(We got Best Buy to price match the non plus $20 price, and then used a $10 reward coupon to pick it up for $10.) I prefer physical copies, so it was worth the extra few bucks for a physical copy.

Here are all of the deals in the current holiday PSN Sale:

100ft Robot Golf - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 12/26

Ancient Amuletor - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Archangel - $20.09 - 33% Off - $17.09 - 43% Off - Ends 1/16/18

ATV Drift & Tricks - $19.99 - 20% Off - $14.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Carnival Games VR - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 12/19

Driveclub VR - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Dying: Reborn - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Eve: Valkyrie Warzone - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Farpoint - $34.99 - 30% Off - $29.99 - 40% Off - Ends 12/26

Here They Lie - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Heroes of the Seven Seas - $4.89 - 30% Off - $3.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Hustle Kings VR - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Manifest 99 - $4.19 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Mervils: A VR Adventure - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/9/18

Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Moto Racer 4 - $15.99 - 60% Off - $9.99 - 75% Off - Ends 1/16/18

NBA 2KVR Experience - $2.99 - 80% Off - $1.49 - 90% Off - Ends 12/19

Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $4.99 - 80% Off - $2.49 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Pinball FX2 VR - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Pinball FX2 VR - Season 1 Pack - $14.99 - 50% Off - $12.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Pinball FX2 VR - The Walking Dead - $3.59 - 40% Off - $2.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/2/18

PlayStation VR Worlds - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Raw Data - $31.99 - 20% Off - $27.99 - 30% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Rez Infinite Digital Deluxe Holiday Promo - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/2/18

Sneaky Bears - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

The Solus Project - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/26

Soul Dimension - $3.49 - 30% Off - $2.49 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Sparc - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Sports Bar VR - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16/18

StarBlood Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/26

Starship Disco - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/5/18

Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Super Stardust Ultra VR - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Time Machine VR - $19.79 - 34% Off - $16.49 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Trackmania Turbo - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 12/19

Tumble VR - $4.49 - 55% Off - $3.49 - 65% Off - Ends 12/26

Unearthing Mars - $7.49 - 50% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $3.99 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16/18

VR Ping Pong - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Weeping Doll - $1.99 - 80% Off - $0.99 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16/18

Wipeout Omega Collection - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 12/19 - VR Update coming in early 2018

New Releases:

The Last Guardian VR Demo - Free

The Rabbit Hole - $4.99

Resident Evil 7 biohazard Gold Edition Survival Bundle - $49.99

We have trackmania, and you have the full game as well as a slew of short vr tracks. It's a good vr title with driving and no motion sickness at all.

Wipeout has Always been amazing, and early hands on reviews are saying the vr is fantastic... Plus the entire game will be playable in vr.

Since it was $40 yesterday, and the vr add on will be free, we snagged it yesterday.

(We got Best Buy to price match the non plus $20 price, and then used a $10 reward coupon to pick it up for $10.) I prefer physical copies, so it was worth the extra few bucks for a physical copy.
You got Best Buy to pm the PSN sale price? I did not know they would do that.

I am getting my PS4 today. Already have my PSVR. Are there any on sale that you all would recommend? I don't want to spend too much though since I vastly exceeded my gaming budget this year.

I am getting my PS4 today. Already have my PSVR. Are there any on sale that you all would recommend? I don't want to spend too much though since I vastly exceeded my gaming budget this year.
Definitely VR Worlds at the PSN sale price right now. A couple things on there are worth while for sure. It's more of a tech demo type of "game" though.

I wish Thumper would go on sale. I want that game but not at $20. I'd pay $10 for it.

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul PSVR got a physical release. I had never heard anything about this game getting a physical copy and haven't been able to find anything online but I purchased a copy today from Best Buy for $16 with GCU - $19.99 without.
Do you have a sku for this?
I went to 3 BestBuys looking for this with no luck.

I finished off Doom VFR today. In my initial impressions a few pages back I mentioned the game was hard, but after a few play sessions and really getting used to it, it was actually probably easier than non-vr Doom on the default difficulty setting. 

After a brief stint trying out the Dual Shock 4 controls I went back to using the Aim controller to play the game and never looked back. I adjusted the setting for full locomotion, but still used the teleport feature pretty regularly and got pretty used to "telefragging" enemies by the end. 

Although this game was a little on the short side, I think for the $29.99 MSRP price point it was spot on. I have very few gripes overall, my main one being that the Aim controller wasn't quite integrated into the game as well as it could've been (Farpoint perfected this) and I also think it was a bit of a missed opportunity that they waited until near the end of the game to have the player go to "Hell" because the Hell stages looked and felt so much better and more immersive than the bland look of the Space Station stages. 

Overall I was pleased with this game and it's definitely in my VR top 5, the bonus Classic Doom levels are an awesome bonus and give the game some nice replay value.  

Went to Gamestop today and took advantage of the 4/$20 deal. Picked up the following....

Starblood Arena

Loading Human

Star Wars Battlefront (got it just for the VR experience)

COD Infinite Warfare 

Luckily they had original cases and artwork for each.

Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul PSVR got a physical release. I had never heard anything about this game getting a physical copy and haven't been able to find anything online but I purchased a copy today from Best Buy for $16 with GCU - $19.99 without.
Thanks. Found a couple tucked behind Persona 5.

How did you price match PSN?!

How did you price match PSN?!
I showed them the sale price on my phone and asked nicely. They can't match the psn plus membership price, but they can match a psn sale.

Always treat the employees as your best freinds... They ask be great more inclined to help you or than if you are a regular or problem customer. I always go out of my way to be nice to them... This is a tough time of year to work retail, and kind word and putting a smile on their face can really help them through the day.

I went into gamestop last week checking on a pre order pop, and walked out with one of the limited edition Cuphead vinyls they had left over from black friday.

The gal there just asked if I wanted it since I was a fan of them game, and again I always go out of my way to be nice to them.

I finished off Doom VFR today. In my initial impressions a few pages back I mentioned the game was hard, but after a few play sessions and really getting used to it, it was actually probably easier than non-vr Doom on the default difficulty setting.

After a brief stint trying out the Dual Shock 4 controls I went back to using the Aim controller to play the game and never looked back. I adjusted the setting for full locomotion, but still used the teleport feature pretty regularly and got pretty used to "telefragging" enemies by the end.

Although this game was a little on the short side, I think for the $29.99 MSRP price point it was spot on. I have very few gripes overall, my main one being that the Aim controller wasn't quite integrated into the game as well as it could've been (Farpoint perfected this) and I also think it was a bit of a missed opportunity that they waited until near the end of the game to have the player go to "Hell" because the Hell stages looked and felt so much better and more immersive than the bland look of the Space Station stages.

Overall I was pleased with this game and it's definitely in my VR top 5, the bonus Classic Doom levels are an awesome bonus and give the game some nice replay value.
Thanks for this, I played the first level and was pretty impressed. Just have limited time and was mostly playing Skyrim with it. I'll stick with the Aim controller though based on your recommendation.

I'm debating between a Switch or a PSVr. If I do the Latter any better deals than the one Sony is running that most stores are carrying, the Doom pak for $299 or the Skyrym for $349? I'm leaning toward the latter for $349

I'm debating between a Switch or a PSVr. If I do the Latter any better deals than the one Sony is running that most stores are carrying, the Doom pak for $299 or the Skyrym for $349? I'm leaning toward the latter for $349
Get a switch....it’s great right now. Vr still needs some polish. Also, Psvr is bound to drop to 150-250 bundle range next yr. VR sets aren’t all that high tech so price drops are bound to happen. Seriously, they’re just one or two cell phone screens and a few sensors in a headset.

How does that paranormal activity game to RE7? I’m like 90 minutes into RE7 and am loving the atmosphere and it’s creeepy as shit. I’ve jumped like a bitch a few times already. I have noticed a little motion sickness feeling in some spots for a second and am on segmented turning too so curious how movement in paranormal is too .

I'd go with PSVR. It has so much more fun games than the Switch. I only have 4 Switch games, but I have over 40 PSVR games.

How does that paranormal activity game to RE7? I’m like 90 minutes into RE7 and am loving the atmosphere and it’s creeepy as shit. I’ve jumped like a bitch a Jew times already. I have noticed a little motion sickness feeling in some spots for a second and am on segmented turning too so curious how movement in paranormal is too .
What have you got against Jews? Are you from Alabama?

I'm basically getting my son a PS VR for Christmas.  Can anyone tell me how important the move controllers are to the overall experience and whether I should be concerned about any specific version of the move controllers?  I see some that appear to be updated, but I guess that's just for the USB connector?

I'd go with PSVR. It has so much more fun games than the Switch. I only have 4 Switch games, but I have over 40 PSVR games.
there are a few good switch games i'm interested in but i do think there is more for the PSVR. Now debating if I should go with the old or new model

I'm basically getting my son a PS VR for Christmas. Can anyone tell me how important the move controllers are to the overall experience and whether I should be concerned about any specific version of the move controllers? I see some that appear to be updated, but I guess that's just for the USB connector?
The Move Wands do add a sense of immersion to the game that you will definitely appreciate, but they aren't ideal for all games. I'm not sure if they are required or not for Rush Of Blood, but that's a game where you definitely want them. Being able to dual wield and aim and shoot (while not having to worry about mobility since it's an on-rails shooter) feels amazing. With Doom, on the other hand, there was too much going on, on-screen and you couldn't do full locomotion with the wands so It wasn't ideal, at least not for me.

Play some demos and try some games that use them and some that don't. You'll likely appreciate them in some games while wanting to stick to the DS4 for others.

I'm basically getting my son a PS VR for Christmas. Can anyone tell me how important the move controllers are to the overall experience and whether I should be concerned about any specific version of the move controllers? I see some that appear to be updated, but I guess that's just for the USB connector?
They're very important for many of the biggest/best games, so you should get the Skyrim bundle if you can. It doesn't really matter which version of the Move controllers you have, as I have the originals and they still work very well for PSVR.

I was able to find a copy of Pananormal Activity today at my Best Buy and it retailed for $19.99. I was able to purchase it at $15.99 with GCU. Just a heads up

Just got my Amazon taste in ps4 pro setup, and I do see a BIG difference in the psvr experience! Thumper looks amazing, and Skyrim without the pro line line playing a it with gauze over the screen.

We also noticed additional psvr headset light calibration we don't remember seeing on the ps4.

The $170 with trade in was definitely worth the upgrade to pro.

It’s on PSN for $20. I’m getting a PSVR, is the game any good?
I’ve had some good jump scares so far. Not a lot of direction in the game so you have to figure out what to do to get the next door to open. For $16 to walk around a creepy house it’s solid. I don’t think it’s worth $39. At least it hasn’t shown its worth that yet.

Wow. Just played my VR for the first time yesterday. Amazing (almost regretted getting just the Slim because it is a bit fuzzy compared to my new TV, but a new VR will be out in a few years anyway).

I am having issues keeping those headset down on my nose...it likes to drift up. Anyone have advice for this?

pm me if anyone can get me a copy of paranormal activity. Let me know how much. No best buys around me has it.

Wow. Just played my VR for the first time yesterday. Amazing (almost regretted getting just the Slim because it is a bit fuzzy compared to my new TV, but a new VR will be out in a few years anyway).

I am having issues keeping those headset down on my nose...it likes to drift up. Anyone have advice for this?
It's not really supposed to be on your nose. Just make sure the headset is fairly tight and you can see clearly in the lenses.

Can anyone comment on how useful the Farpoint controller is for games other than Farpoint?  I'm interested in Farpoint but can wait, but if the controller is generally useful for several other games I wouldn't mind a reason to pull the trigger (no pun intended).

Can anyone comment on how useful the Farpoint controller is for games other than Farpoint? I'm interested in Farpoint but can wait, but if the controller is generally useful for several other games I wouldn't mind a reason to pull the trigger (no pun intended).
Everyone says it's great for DOOM!

bread's done
Back