Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Mortal Blitz is quite fun.  I have enjoyed playing it!!

What was the story game that was featured recently?  Gamestop maybe?  You tried to solve a murder or something?  

So what recommendations do you guys have for the games that are on sale?
Only one I picked up was Thumper, because I liked the game but told myself I would only buy it for $10 or less, so it was a no brainer at $10 to buy it for me.

I'm also on the fence about Raw Data because I liked the demo of it and told myself I'd buy it for like $20 but it's $27. And I also have a few games I haven't played yet (Paranormal Activity) and ones I'm in the middle of (RE7 and Thumper) so I'm not sure when I'd play it.

I also bought Thumper, Parananormal Activity I have paid for through store pick up from best buy and picked up RE7 through redbox. Raw Data does look good but I agree $20 is the price point to buy at.

Only one I picked up was Thumper, because I liked the game but told myself I would only buy it for $10 or less, so it was a no brainer at $10 to buy it for me.

I'm also on the fence about Raw Data because I liked the demo of it and told myself I'd buy it for like $20 but it's $27. And I also have a few games I haven't played yet (Paranormal Activity) and ones I'm in the middle of (RE7 and Thumper) so I'm not sure when I'd play it.

I just ordered one, Skyrim Bundle, and it should be here Friday, what are the best accessories for it?
I read good things about the PowerA Charge and Display Station, so picked that up (still in a box). It's on sale for $30 at Gamestop right now: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/charge-and-display-station-for-playstation-vr/131502

If you play shooters, I guess the Aim controller is supposed to be pretty cool. But only some games support it.

Aside from that, I'm not sure what other accessories you'd need/want.

I bought the powera works great. Also picked up Turtle Beach 350vr headphones. Headphones should be an immediate upgrade.

I read good things about the PowerA Charge and Display Station, so picked that up (still in a box). It's on sale for $30 at Gamestop right now: https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/accessories/charge-and-display-station-for-playstation-vr/131502
If you play shooters, I guess the Aim controller is supposed to be pretty cool. But only some games support it.

Power A is a great stand.  I bought one from Amazon that I got and was too clunky so I got the PowerA one and like it better.  It's definitely smaller in size but gets the job done just fine.

I also have the TB 350VR and they are good.  I paid $30 for them and it's definitely worth it.  They aren't going to blow you out of the water like $200+ headphones but they are better than the ear buds that come with it for sure.

So does anyone know if Eve:Warzone is Eve Valkyrie with the warzone expansion ? I just got a PSVR and always thought the game looked cool so was just curious ? Thanks

So does anyone know if Eve:Warzone is Eve Valkyrie with the warzone expansion ? I just got a PSVR and always thought the game looked cool so was just curious ? Thanks
Yeah, Eve: Valkyrie Warzone is the same game, just rebranded to acknowledge the added content the updates have added to it since launch.

This.

With the Skyrim bundle, and these two.. you have everything you'd need.

Headphones are your own choice.

If you have GCU, buy the Farpoint bundle instead of just the Aim Controller, Aim alone-$60 Aim/Farpoint $63 with GCU ;)

More games are supporting the Aim Controller and besides Farpoint is great, even though it does get a little repetitive.

Does anyone know if there's a version of SW Battlefront or Dirt Rally with the VR modes on disc? Just want to have it on disc for preservation sake.
I believe a "complete" version of Dirt Rally was released in the PAL regions that may include the VR portion of the game on disc. I have seen it on Ebay a couple of times and the packaging is branded with the PSVR compatible notice, but I don't know if the content is actually on disc or if it's a voucher that's included with the game. I haven't been able to find a copy for a price low enough to get me to buy it, it's always pretty expensive.

I do agree we need to start keeping a list of all PSVR physical releases. I don't have a computer at home at this point (Only at work) so I don't know if I'm the best person to maintain it if we are going to go with a MS Excel spreadsheet or something like that. I'm going to list below all of the physical PSVR games I'm personally aware of and if someone else wants to copy and paste into a spreadsheet as well as add whatever I may have missed, that's fine. I'm sure I've forgotten something. 

PSVR Required (US)

BattleZone

Eve: Valkyrie

The Invisible Hours (GS Exclusive)

Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood

Robinson: The Journey

PSVR Worlds

Farpoint

VR Karts

Eagle Flight

Werewolves Within (Online Required)

DriveClub VR

Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League

Loading Human: Chapter 1

Doom VFR

Skyrim VR

Paranormal Activity (Best Buy Exclusive?)

Starblood Arena

Batman: Arkham VR

Job Simulator

The Inpatient (Coming Soon)

Don't Knock Twice (Coming Soon)

Bravo Team (Coming Soon)

PSVR Compatible (US)

Resident Evil 7

Tekken 7

MotoRacer 4

Gran Turismo Sport

ATV Drift And Tricks

REZ (I Am 8-Bit Exclusive)

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Online Required)

Radial-G: Racing Evolved

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition

Tohou Kobuto V

PAL Region Only PSVR Physical Games

Syndrome

Dirt Rally

Hustle Kings VR

Super Stardust Ultra VR

Here They Lie

Ping Pong VR

NTSC Region 3 Only PSVR Physical Games

Summer Lesson

I didn't include games that don't include VR in the initial game alone without a DLC such as Trackmania Turbo. I also didn't include "coming soon" games that can't yet be preordered on Amazon but are predicted to get a physical release, such as Moss. 

Limited Run Games has also announced that they will be releasing a PSVR game in the future but I cannot remember the name of it and it has not yet officially appeared on their website as an upcoming release.   

Star Trek Bridge Crew is on sale for 20/16 as DotD today if anyone is interested. Also anyone have any recommendations on a good HDMI switch that supports 4k/hdr to bypass the V1 headset issue

Star Trek Bridge Crew is on sale for 20/16 as DotD today if anyone is interested. Also anyone have any recommendations on a good HDMI switch that supports 4k/hdr to bypass the V1 headset issue
So is it both 4k and HDR affected without using the hdmi switch? For whatever reason I thought it was only HDR. I am too lazy to look that up:)

If you have GCU, buy the Farpoint bundle instead of just the Aim Controller, Aim alone-$60 Aim/Farpoint $63 with GCU ;)

More games are supporting the Aim Controller and besides Farpoint is great, even though it does get a little repetitive.
That's a great tip. I'm definitely curious - but I'm holding out to see whether game developers adopt the aim controller.

So is it both 4k and HDR affected without using the hdmi switch? For whatever reason I thought it was only HDR. I am too lazy to look that up:)
The processing box allows 4k passthrough just not HDR passthrough as far as I know. Some HDMI switches allow 4k some don't and some also allow it but with reduced framerates and HDR which is why I asked for recommendations

The processing box allows 4k passthrough just not HDR passthrough as far as I know. Some HDMI switches allow 4k some don't and some also allow it but with reduced framerates and HDR which is why I asked for recommendations
I think this is where I got confused about the 4K passthrough a page or 2 back... It may have been the HDMI switch not allowing it through not the VR box, probably what I read.

I don't know for sure either, but I think most of the 4k switches you will find at reasonable prices claim to only support 4k up to 30fps and not 60.

Is Star Trek Bridge Crew worth the experience if you're not really a fan of Star Trek? I've heard that it was just a really good show case for VR. I love sci fi but Trek has never clicked with me.

Is Star Trek Bridge Crew worth the experience if you're not really a fan of Star Trek? I've heard that it was just a really good show case for VR. I love sci fi but Trek has never clicked with me.

Not really, no. It's more like Star Trek VR fantasy fulfillment for those of us who dreamed of standing on the bridge itself.
I finally got to unwrap and play the game (briefly myself) this weekend, my brother in law is a *huge* ST fan while I just enjoyed the movies and rarely watched the TV shows. (original mainly, TNG from time to time, the rest... almost never)

I played for about 15 minutes just setting it up and checking it out and was just doing it to get it ready for the brother in law. He played for hours. Not joking.. I brought my PS4/VR setup to my parents house where they were staying for Christmas. I left about 8pm since I had to get up at 5am the next day and still had an hour of travel to get home..

He quit at 1 am cause he was having a blast.

The game was fun, but i honestly dont see myself "beating" the game. My brother in law however.. this was one of the games that got him talking with my sister about actually buying the PSVR (they have a PS4) and she wasn't exactly opposed to it.. She had a blast playing Pixel gear shooter and some of the Carnival VR games.

If you have GCU, for $16 it's not a bad deal. Even if like you said, you're not a big ST fan.

One of the nice things about bridge crew is after you complete the storyline, it has a random mission generator, so in theory you could play it forever, being a but rogue like.

The developer has always made updates and add ons free, and they are talking about adding the other TV series ships, and new races and objectives.

With so many vr experiences shirt and not really worth repeating, it's nice to have something with lasting gameplay, like skyrim, Battlezone, or eve.

Received my 2 copies of The Invisible Hours from Gamestop today and one of the "new" copies was a used copy. The case appears to had been chewed on and there is a big round sticker that was removed leaving behind its sticky residue. The case was however sealed with Gamestops round clear sticker which makes everything better:)

I bought one as well, same thing stupid sticker. I really dislike when they just throw the game in the bag and not say a word that it's an open item.

Received my 2 copies of The Invisible Hours from Gamestop today and one of the "new" copies was a used copy. The case appears to had been chewed on and there is a big round sticker that was removed leaving behind its sticky residue. The case was however sealed with Gamestops round clear sticker which makes everything better:)

That's why, when I do shop at GameStop, I always go to a physical store and never trust their online store.  At least in the physical store, you can tell it to their face that you don't want their opened game.  I stood in line on Thanksgiving for 20 minutes and when I got to the register and asked for a new copy of Invisible Hours, the girl shifted through the drawer and said, "One moment while I get the case from the shelf."  I told her, "If it's not sealed, then it's not new, I'll go somewhere else."  I got out of line and left.  The GameStop down the road still had a sealed copy.

Just yesterday, I traveled to the GameStop I bought the sealed copy of Invisible Hours from and asked for a new copy of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Deluxe.  The guy grabbed a regular edition and grabbed the steelbook from the shelf and was about to open the sealed copy to put it in the steelbook when I told him he was holding the regular edition and that if he doesn't have a sealed copy, I wasn't interested. The guy next to him said it was "policy to open all the games."  I muttered under my breath, "That's why I don't shop here often."

I asked them to look up in their system where the closest store was that had at least two copies and the guy said it was out of print and I wouldn't find it, and if I wanted the deluxe at this point, I'd have to buy the Ultimate Edition that they had on their shelf for $130.  The first guy looked it up in the system and told me the closest store with another copy was in Brooklyn (I live about 3.5 hours North of there.)  I left, drove down the road to the place that tried to give me the opened copy of Invisible Hours on Thanksgiving, and they had a sealed copy of MvC Deluxe for me.  I knew GameStop is unethical, but to lie just to get me to spend $130 on something I don't want is really raising the bar.

I would never buy a "new" game from Gamestop at full price if it didn't come factory sealed.  They've tried to do that to me since it was the last one they had and the case was the one that's been on display.  I told them no thanks and walked out.  If they would have sold it to me for the used price I would have done it but they wouldn't.  They claimed it wasn't "used" since it wasn't put into a system. 

I'm like dude, who fucking cares?  If I bought a game and opened it, then returned it without putting it in my system, would you give me a full refund?  No?  Okay then fuck off with that shit.

I finally hooked up my PS VR that I got during Thanksgiving week, last night.  Haven't played yet since the Move controllers had to charge.  I'm planning to finally give it a try tonight.

If I've never tried it, which of these would you recommend I play first...

• PS VR Worlds
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Carnival Games VR
  • Playroom
  • NBA2K VR Experience
  • Resident Evil VII

I'd say VR Worlds because I think the ocean experience on there is freaking awesome and really cool.  I'm also huge into snorkeling and being underwater so I'm biased a bit.  The other one on there that is great is London Heist.

RE7 is awesome too however since it's more of an FPS and you move around, I'd try some others where you are more stationary just to get the feel of it.  I have felt that the more I've played RE7 the less motion sickness feelings I've had with VR in general.  At first I felt it a little bit but now I can play for an hour or more and be running all around and not feel it at all.

Until Dawn is pretty cool but I played that early in my VR gaming and I felt motion sick from the roller coaster part.  But this was before I played RE7.  I plan on going back to try Until Dawn again once I finish RE7 and see if I still experience the motion sick feeling or not from it.  Other than the roller coaster part of Until Dawn though, I didn't feel motion sick at all, it's just an on rails shooter and you move at a slow pace, then stop, then move, etc.

Also just a suggestion - if you are starting to feel at all motion sick or just all around weird, stop playing and just take a break.  Trying to "push through" it will not help and will only make you feel worse.

You can also take dramammine (usually for sea sickness) to reduce beginning vr motion sickness... Thats what my wife did.

<p>

I finally hooked up my PS VR that I got during Thanksgiving week, last night. Haven't played yet since the Move controllers had to charge. I'm planning to finally give it a try tonight.

If I've never tried it, which of these would you recommend I play first...

• PS VR Worlds
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Carnival Games VR
  • Playroom
These 4.
VR worlds is great to showcase everything, but remember that some of the games would probably cause motion sickness. I agree the ocean decent would be #1 to start.
Playroom would also be a good place to start. Simple and not a huge motion sickness issue.

Don’t jump into rush of blood or the luge game lol.

Have anyone here tried the Bionik Mantis headphones? 

I finally set up my PSVR the other day and started playing. So far I'm really enjoying it and have been fine with the headphones that came in the box. That is, until I played Thumper. I want to get better headphones now, but regular headphones seem cumbersome and I'm looking for something that's more "integrated". I really like how the y do it for the Oculus Rift and this Bionik Mantis seems like a similar solution. 

I finally got to unwrap and play the game (briefly myself) this weekend, my brother in law is a *huge* ST fan while I just enjoyed the movies and rarely watched the TV shows. (original mainly, TNG from time to time, the rest... almost never)

I played for about 15 minutes just setting it up and checking it out and was just doing it to get it ready for the brother in law. He played for hours. Not joking.. I brought my PS4/VR setup to my parents house where they were staying for Christmas. I left about 8pm since I had to get up at 5am the next day and still had an hour of travel to get home..

He quit at 1 am cause he was having a blast.

The game was fun, but i honestly dont see myself "beating" the game. My brother in law however.. this was one of the games that got him talking with my sister about actually buying the PSVR (they have a PS4) and she wasn't exactly opposed to it.. She had a blast playing Pixel gear shooter and some of the Carnival VR games.

If you have GCU, for $16 it's not a bad deal. Even if like you said, you're not a big ST fan.
I was expecting to hate it and not care, it's all about team work and fun value is based on who you pair up with or if you have friends to play with. I actually HIGHLY recommend it! Stayed up until 5am last night/morning playing it. Everyone has a job and everyone depends on each other. If you like strategy games, it should be right up your ally. Also, I'm not a huge Star Trek fan if that helps persuade you.

By the way, I can't remember who, but someone on here recently recommended Superhypercube. Whoever it was, THANK YOU! I tried it last night and loved it. 

I bought the powera works great. Also picked up Turtle Beach 350vr headphones. Headphones should be an immediate upgrade.
Thanks for the recommendations, I like the stand and headphones. I have a pair of Bluetooth sony earbuds I was planning on using and laso have the Sony PS Gold headset, are those any good?

Thanks for the recommendations, I like the stand and headphones. I have a pair of Bluetooth sony earbuds I was planning on using and laso have the Sony PS Gold headset, are those any good?
From what I read, bluetooth headphones are NOT recommended. The VR system has a "3D" audio features that adjust the audio to account for head movement. This can only be achieved with a wired connection to the PSVR headset, but not if it's connected via bluetooth to the PS4. (I'm just relaying what I read, so not sure if it's 100% accurate)

From what I read, bluetooth headphones are NOT recommended. The VR system has a "3D" audio features that adjust the audio to account for head movement. This can only be achieved with a wired connection to the PSVR headset, but not if it's connected via bluetooth to the PS4. (I'm just relaying what I read, so not sure if it's 100% accurate)
Oh ok, thanks for the info!

These 4.
VR worlds is great to showcase everything, but remember that some of the games would probably cause motion sickness. I agree the ocean decent would be #1 to start.
Playroom would also be a good place to start. Simple and not a huge motion sickness issue.

Don’t jump into rush of blood or the luge game lol.
Omg the luge game I almost passed out lol

The only game so far where I've experienced a modicum of what I can only guess is motion sickness, when when I was first starting out in Scavenger's Odyssey.  After a while with it, I was okay, though.  I brought my PS4/VR and select games to my aunt's on Christmas and my cousin tried out Doom with locomotion and he was starting to get motion sickness just through the tutorial, though I'm fine with it.  Well, we both have problems with the fact that we're left-handed and there is no left-handed option with the Aim controller.  :(

The X-Wing VR mission with Star Wars Battlefront was the first to give me motion sickness.  I was fine until near the end of the game when the space battle around the star destroyer started.  Then it got me good. 

Have enjoyed a lot of random demos and free VR items.  My fav so far has been the Danganronpa VR demo.  Makes me want a full game in that VR style.  It looks beautiful.

The X-Wing VR mission with Star Wars Battlefront was the first to give me motion sickness. I was fine until near the end of the game when the space battle around the star destroyer started. Then it got me good.

Have enjoyed a lot of random demos and free VR items. My fav so far has been the Danganronpa VR demo. Makes me want a full game in that VR style. It looks beautiful.
The closest you're gonna get for a while is playing Danganronpa 1+2 Reload in big screen mode lol

GET STAR TREK BRIDGE CREW NOW THAT IT'S ON SALE.  Seriously, this has easily been the most fun I've had since I've had my PSVR.  You run into some amazing characters online.
https://youtu.be/YIuEGby3hMM

bread's done
Back