Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely a short experience but Accounting+ was pretty great.  Got me hyped up for Virtual Rickality hopefully in the next few months. 

Does anyone know if the German release of Dirt Rally has the VR content on disc?  Ditto with the US release of Tomb Raider.  Those are the only 2 I can't confirm if the content is on disc or not.

I created a google doc with all of the games with PSVR content on the physical disc (ones that require patches not included). Feel free to add to it or put notes about certain regions having something that another region doesn't.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a9vCSq2Bw4dFLMbs7uH0zh5JSYUq8eZrGRZVel5xh2M/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you for this. I guess I'm going for a complete U.S. set now thanks to you ;) (assuming I can somehow find Job Simulator without paying an arm and a leg).

I finally have a chance to hook up the PSVR this weekend. I'm charging my old motion controllers as we speak. Which of the games below would you guys recommend I boot up first for the least possibility of motion sickness? If that goes well, which one would you recommend I boot up second just for the wow factor to show off how much fun PSVR can be?

My collection so far:

Batman: Arkham VR
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Eve: Valkyrie
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Loading Human: Chapter 1
Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul
Playstation VR Worlds
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League
Robinson: The Journey
Starblood Arena VR
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Werewolves Within

Or anything free or on sale from PSN I should try first?

I have an extra copy of Robinson: The Journey. If anyone can get an extra copy of Job Simulator from Gamestop they would like to trade, please PM me. I'm willing to work something out to make the trade even.

I realize I'm a crazy person for buying so many games without even trying PSVR, but they were all reasonably priced thanks to the GS 4 for $20 sale and B2G1 sale.

Is Farpoint worth it for $14.99 without the gun? I know the gun is supposed to make the experience ... but I found it on clearance at Target. Any thoughts?

Thank you for this. I guess I'm going for a complete U.S. set now thanks to you ;) (assuming I can somehow find Job Simulator without paying an arm and a leg).

I finally have a chance to hook up the PSVR this weekend. I'm charging my old motion controllers as we speak. Which of the games below would you guys recommend I boot up first for the least possibility of motion sickness? If that goes well, which one would you recommend I boot up second just for the wow factor to show off how much fun PSVR can be?

My collection so far:
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Playstation VR Worlds
Starblood Arena VR
Werewolves Within

I have an extra copy of Robinson: The Journey. If anyone can get an extra copy of Job Simulator from Gamestop they would like to trade, please PM me. I'm willing to work something out to make the trade even.

I realize I'm a crazy person for buying so many games without even trying PSVR, but they were all reasonably priced thanks to the GS 4 for $20 sale and B2G1 sale.
This is where I’d start, personally...

1. VR Worlds: London Heist. It’s amazing and it’s pretty short.

2. VR Worlds: Ocean Descent. It’s more of an experience, but it’s pretty cool and not very long.

3. Batman. Again, it’s pretty short but the awe factor is awesome. The last scene is soooo freaking cool.

4. Rush of Blood. Really fun game that’s also not very long, but longer than the first 3.

My collection so far:
Battle Zone
Driveclub VR
Eagle Flight VR
Gran Turismo Sport
The Invisible Hours
Playstation VR Worlds
Starblood Arena VR
Werewolves Within

If you are just starting out I would recommend the demo disc. In particular The Kitchen part of it since you did not list Resident Evil as one of thr games you have. (I would highly recommend picking that up if you come to find you really enjoy the Vr.)
Next I would say Rush of Blood. I played that first and did not feel sick at all. Also the ocean decent from the demo disc is a nice starter.
I would stay away from the Luge one from the demo disc. That had me feeling sick for a few hours after playing.
Hope this helps!

VR can make you feel really weird.  I didn't feel anything in the Luge game and that was one of the first things I tried when I got my PSVR, however the roller coaster part of Blood Rush completely fucked with me.

It's interesting. Luge did make me feel a bit sick but it wasn't too bad for me. Non-VR Last Guardian and ME: Andromeda made me far more motion sick/nauseous. VR Last Guardian demo actually was better for me than the actual game (non-VR)

Just jumping onto this thread, since it seems relevant to my interests.

Here's my PSVR collection (physical and digital), quickly amassed over a two month period:

Accounting+

Allumette (VR story)
Arizona Sunshine
The Assembly
Don't Knock Twice
Doom VFR
Dying Reborn
Ghostbusters: Now Hiring (Firehouse + Showdown)
Here They Lie
The Invisible Hours
The Last Guardian VR Demo
Manifest 99
Mervils: A VR Adventure
The Playroom VR
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2.0
PlayStation VR Worlds
Skyrim VR
Soul Dimension

Starblood Arena (PS+)
Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari
Thumper
Weeping Doll

Obviously I haven't gotten around to most of them yet, but so far, VR Worlds, The Playroom, Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and Thumper are my favorites (The Invisible Hours and Loading Human were also pretty unique but flawed). Unfortunately -- while fun -- Summer Lesson was not the girlfriend sim I was hoping for. I'm notably missing Resident Evil 7 (Kitchen teaser was terrifying); however, Paranormal Activity was probably the scariest shit I’ve ever experienced (I actually screamed at one point). Don't Knock Twice was very similar in vein (endlessly opening doors in a haunted house). Ghostbusters VR was a fucking waste of money (2 acts = 20 minutes of gameplay), but Accounting+, while brief, was a hoot. Overall, I'm enjoying the VR experience, even though I'll never really get used to the blurry/haziness of in-game objects and text. Wonky controls and curtailed game length remain my biggest criticisms of the medium. Also, lack of adult's only games. Why else do you think I bought this shit?!  :razz:

Just jumping onto this thread, since it seems relevant to my interests.

Here's my PSVR collection (physical and digital), quickly amassed over a two month period:

Accounting+

Allumette (VR story)
Arizona Sunshine
Asemblance
The Assembly
Don't Knock Twice
Doom VFR
Dying Reborn
Ghostbusters: Now Hiring (Firehouse + Showdown)
Here They Lie
The Invisible Hours
The Last Guardian VR Demo
Manifest 99
Mervils: A VR Adventure
The Playroom VR
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
PlayStation VR Demo Disc
PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2.0
PlayStation VR Worlds
Skyrim VR
Soul Dimension
Starblood Arena (PS+)
Summer Lesson: Miyamoto Hikari
Thumper
Weeping Doll

Obviously I haven't gotten around to most of them yet, but so far, VR Worlds, The Playroom, Arkham VR, Rush of Blood and Thumper are my favorites (The Invisible Hours and Loading Human were also pretty unique but flawed). Unfortunately -- while fun -- Summer Lesson was not the girlfriend sim I was hoping for. I'm notably missing Resident Evil 7 (Kitchen teaser was terrifying); however, Paranormal Activity was probably the scariest shit I’ve ever experienced (I actually screamed at one point). Don't Knock Twice was very similar in vein (endlessly opening doors in a haunted house). Ghostbusters VR was a fucking waste of money (2 acts = 20 minutes of gameplay), but Accounting+, while brief, was a hoot. Overall, I'm enjoying the VR experience, even though I'll never really get used to the blurry/haziness of in-game objects and text. Wonky controls and curtailed game length remain my biggest criticisms of the medium. Also, lack of adult's only games. Why else do you think I bought this shit?! :razz:
Where did you get Summer Lesson?

Asking for a friend..

Paranormal Activity was scary? I keep wanting to pull the trigger but can't.

Also, I picked up Accounting+ after reading multiple forums of people enjoying it...WTF. The starting area I was fine, but as soon as I got to the first 3 areas I found it insufferable. The language, being bombarded with unfunny nonsense makes me want to vomit. It's very juvenile.

But the music that kicked in on that boom box in the alley was pretty baller. That's as far as I've gotten. It's very hard for me to enjoy it with the language being the way it is. I can handle some vulgarity, but that game seems like it was made by some twelve year olds that think it's funny to keep cussing at their friend. I'm going to press on though, because I want to see what's great about it.

Where did you get Summer Lesson?

Asking for a friend..
I paid a premium for it on eBay. Because... lonely.

Paranormal Activity was scary? I keep wanting to pull the trigger but can't.

Also, I picked up Accounting+ after reading multiple forums of people enjoying it...WTF. The starting area I was fine, but as soon as I got to the first 3 areas I found it insufferable. The language, being bombarded with unfunny nonsense makes me want to vomit. It's very juvenile.

But the music that kicked in on that boom box in the alley was pretty baller. That's as far as I've gotten. It's very hard for me to enjoy it with the language being the way it is. I can handle some vulgarity, but that game seems like it was made by some twelve year olds that think it's funny to keep cussing at their friend. I'm going to press on though, because I want to see what's great about it.
I probably had the perfect ambiance set for The Lost Soul; I played it after midnight, it was raining outside and I was all alone. I don't easily get scared, but it's very immersive (despite some confounding control issues). It's extremely short though, so I wouldn't recommend it even at half the price. And there is one stupid game-breaking point that won't let you continue if you don't grab an item early on. I spent my first playthrough lost and confused because there is no indication that there's no way to continue without it. I read some forum posts online and was forced to restart the game. Really, really stupid. (Hint: It's during the "red" section.)

Accounting+...yeah, it's not for everyone. I have a stupid sense of humor, so I found it funny. Also, extra points if you "get" Rick & Morty (with a dash of Monty Python). But if you don't like it by this point, you probably won't like it by the end.

Never thought I would get to stick my head in a guillotine in VR...

Another one that looks like a lot of fun is Job Simulator. Kind of in the same irreverent spirit as Accounting, but more family friendly.

Accounting+...yeah, it's not for everyone. I have a stupid sense of humor, so I found it funny. Also, extra points if you "get" Rick & Morty (with a dash of Monty Python). But if you don't like it by this point, you probably won't like it by the end.

Another one that looks like a lot of fun is Job Simulator. Kind of in the same irreverent spirit as Accounting, but more family friendly.
That sucks to hear. I'm not a Rick and Morty fan either and a passive Monty Python fan. I'll still see it through i guess.

Job Simulator is good. Nothing really a surprise about it though, just nice writing that can get stale over time, but the idea of VR Jobbing is nice. It nails the "interact with everything" part of VR.

This is where I’d start, personally...

1. VR Worlds: London Heist. It’s amazing and it’s pretty short.

2. VR Worlds: Ocean Descent. It’s more of an experience, but it’s pretty cool and not very long.

3. Batman. Again, it’s pretty short but the awe factor is awesome. The last scene is soooo freaking cool.

4. Rush of Blood. Really fun game that’s also not very long, but longer than the first 3.
Thank you so much. I finally hooked it up last night. I played London Heist. That was amazing. The only part I had trouble with was typing the code into the safe near the beginning. I could not hit the #9 button for about 15 or 20 minutes. It was ridiculous. Maybe it was the move controller I was using because after I took and break and booted up my ps4 again, one of the move controllers wouldn't sync with the console.

Then I played the Shark episode in Ocean Decent. Freakin' fun as hell. I felt like I was on a theme park ride. I stupidly tried the luge game for a while when I realized I didn't have 2 working and charged move controllers. I didn't get motion sick, but it definitely hurt my neck using the helmet as the controller.

If you are just starting out I would recommend the demo disc. In particular The Kitchen part of it since you did not list Resident Evil as one of thr games you have. (I would highly recommend picking that up if you come to find you really enjoy the Vr.)
Next I would say Rush of Blood. I played that first and did not feel sick at all. Also the ocean decent from the demo disc is a nice starter.
I would stay away from the Luge one from the demo disc. That had me feeling sick for a few hours after playing.
Hope this helps!
Thank you. I'll add the kitchen part of the demo disc to the top of my backlog along with Rush of Blood and Batman.

When Best buy had a glitch making RE7 Gold $23.99, I stupidly bought the xbox version. This was way before the PSVR sales, so I had no idea I would be buying PSVR any time in the near future. It sounds like I have to double dip.

What are the generally accepted "must have" PSN PSVR games that are on sale right now that everyone's been buying (and aren't available on disc)? Sorry if this has already been discussed 100 times.

I don't know what all is on a disc or not, so you'll have to deal with that if one of these technically doesn't count:

Ancient Amuletor - $13.99 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Fun gallery shooter where you have multiple places in each level to move around to get the best aim at incoming enemies. It also lets you switch between four characters on the fly with different types of weapons that control a bit different, which is pretty fun to swap between them depending on the situation.
Bound - $8.99 - 55% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Artsy 3D platformer where your character moves and jumps around with dance moves while listening to narrated stories. Probably not for anybody that only wants hardcore platformers.
Pixel Gear - $2.19 - 80% Off - $1.09 - 90% Off - Ends 1/16

• Solid gallery shooter that is videogame-themed.
Psychonauts In The Rhombus of Ruin - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 1/16

• Great adventure game follow-up to Psychonauts that is really well made and has some good writing in it.
Statik - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 1/16

• Really fun puzzle game where your hands are stuck in a puzzle devices and you have to use most of the buttons on the controller to manipulate its various gadgets and doodads to solve the puzzle to free your hands.
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $9.99 - 50% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 1/16

• Really fun adaptation of the silly surgery game that works really well in VR so that you have more control over your tools, but lets you make your own funny moments.
Time Machine VR - $19.79 - 34% Off - $16.49 - 45% Off - Ends 1/16

• Good light adventure game about going back into the past to learn about prehistoric sea creatures that somehow leads to saving the current world that is plagued with a deadly virus and climate change.
Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $3.99 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Not a game, but it's a safari documentary of sorts with some good 360 videos of various types of animals that you can learn about them and answer some quizzes. It's a neat learning tool and one of the few good 360 videos I've seen in VR.

What are the generally accepted "must have" PSN PSVR games that are on sale right now that everyone's been buying (and aren't available on disc)? Sorry if this has already been discussed 100 times.
Unfortunately, most of those sales have ended. I mentioned it before, but I think Thumper was a pretty cool visual experience (it's also really challenging). There's a demo available on both of the demo discs, so definitely check that out and see if it's your cup of tea. Also, Rez Infinite and Raw Data were pretty cool but I haven't picked those up yet. (The demos for Moss and Star Child on Demo Disc 2.0 are also really fun, but the full games have yet to be released.)

Make sure to keep a fresh pair of trousers around for when you play the "Kitchen" teaser. And while you're at it, check out the Job Simulator demo (on either of the discs). And download The Playroom VR (free) for a couple of cool minigames. If you've played The Last Guardian, download The Last Guardian VR Demo for a short but memorable experience in that world (also free). Also, if you have Star Wars: Battlefront, download the free Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission -- you won't regret it.

I just got done playing a series of "bargain bin" titles I purchased during the PSN Holiday Sale, so I'll outline them loosely here (for anyone who's interested).

Manifest 99: Extremely short VR experience with minimal interaction (you lock eyes with characters in order to "teleport"/further the story). It's simple to play but it's a satisfying emotional journey. It's still on sale for $4.19 until 1/16. (For a non-interactive, great VR story, download Allumette for free from the PSN store.)

Soul Dimension: Billed as "Episode 0" ("Episode 1 coming soon" ...we'll see), it's a short atmospheric story where all the solutions are plain and obvious and it's not really scary at all. Also, the voice acting is really really bad. I don't recommend this one, but it's on sale for $3.49/$2.49.

Weeping Doll: Easily the worst-looking VR game I've ever played. It amounts to viewing VR goggles through Vaseline-coated lenses. The game took me about an hour (after a game-breaking bug where I lost a key, forcing me to restart), but the gameplay is at least minimally interesting (there is no proper ending, though; just a room full of credits). I bought it for 99 cents, so it's hard to complain too much.

Dying: Reborn VR: Basically "Escape Room: The Game." If you purchase this, make sure to get the Dying Reborn: Ultimate Bundle ($4.99/$2.49), which includes the crossbuy for PSVR, PS4 and Vita. The reason is that the VR version only contains 3 levels from the PS4/Vita version and no ending. It's incredibly pointless. I completed the VR sections, now I'm going to go back and play the whole game on PS4 with half of the puzzles already solved in my brain.

I still haven't resolved to buy Bound from the PSN sale, since I stupidly neglected to add it to my PS+ free games in November. I know I'll regret it as soon as the sale is over, but I honestly can't spare another $7 after everything I've splurged on. I did download the demo though, and it seems like a uniquely visual striking experience (camera angles are a little wonky, though).

I might pick up Virry VR: Feel the Wild ($2) for the hell of it. I wish I could find a decent space exploration sim, but neither Apollo 11 nor Unearthing Mars seem to have gotten any good feedback.

Dying Reborn VR: Basically "Escape Room: The Game." If you purchase this, make sure to get the Dying Reborn: Ultimate Bundle ($4.99/$2.49), which includes the crossbuy for PSVR, PS4 and Vita. The reason is that the VR version only contains 3 levels from the PS4/Vita version and no ending. It's incredibly pointless. I completed the VR sections, now I'm going to go back and play the whole game on PS4 with half of the puzzles already solved in my brain.
I picked this up with Weeping doll for a few bucks the other day during the sale. Guess I should've snagged the bundle. Womp Womp

I picked this up with Weeping doll for a few bucks the other day during the sale. Guess I should've snagged the bundle. Womp Womp
You can still nab the full version on its own for relatively cheap until Tuesday. ($3.99/1.99 PS+)

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1847-CUSA06437_00-DYINGREBORNSTA01

I just finished it. There are some slight differences in the puzzles, but at the very least, it offers much more of the story. There's also apparently another ending, so I'm going to give it a last quick once-over.

EDIT: Alternate ending made even less sense than the normal one. What a waste of time...

I played the Kitchen demo after I'm like 1/2 through RE7 and the graphics on the demo are noticeably of lower quality.  It does give a pretty good vibe of the environment of RE7 though.  I expected more from the Kitchen demo though based off of what I heard about it.  It's really short.

I played the Kitchen demo after I'm like 1/2 through RE7 and the graphics on the demo are noticeably of lower quality. It does give a pretty good vibe of the environment of RE7 though. I expected more from the Kitchen demo though based off of what I heard about it. It's really short.

Yea I agree. I was not impressed also. But it was one of the first ps vr experiences they had, so I’m sure then it was pretty neat. Especially not knowing it was RE.

I really enjoyed SuperHot vr and Job Simulator, JS even has an easy Platinum. I haven’t got to play a bunch of the games I was interested in.

I played the Kitchen demo after I'm like 1/2 through RE7 and the graphics on the demo are noticeably of lower quality. It does give a pretty good vibe of the environment of RE7 though. I expected more from the Kitchen demo though based off of what I heard about it. It's really short.
The Kitchen demo was amazing at the time, before RE7 was realeased. It was an awesome preview of what to expect in RE7. It also probably never got a Pro enhancement, but I could be wrong about that.

Super Hot is a top 3 PSVR game, imo, and the $25 price tag is a steal. I really hope they are working on another one, or at least some more areas to play.

A few of the games I’ve been holding out on. TinyTrax, Fruit Ninja, Raw Data, Paranormal Activity, Doom, Shooty Fruit, SuperHyper Cube, and I Expect You to Die. There is a couple more that’s just what I could remember. I do have Skyrim vr but haven’t started it. I also beat(got platinum) RE7 on PS4 and would like to play it in vr. My video game time has been really limited lately. When I’ve had time I’ve been playing Origins, I’m really enjoying it.

Does anyone know if the German release of Dirt Rally has the VR content on disc? Ditto with the US release of Tomb Raider. Those are the only 2 I can't confirm if the content is on disc or not.
It is on the disc for Tomb Raider i believe, as that was one of it's selling points along with all DLC included when it came to PS4

do all the headsets come with small/major scratches on the lenses? I just opened the Skyrim bundle after doing a return @ Best Buy because the lenses had major scratches on them. The new one has them too but are smaller than the original. is this a normal thing for the PS VR and does it affect the gameplay in anyway if some scratches exist??

Virry VR: Feel the Wild - $3.99 - 60% Off - $1.99 - 80% Off - Ends 1/16

• Not a game, but it's a safari documentary of sorts with some good 360 videos of various types of animals that you can learn about them and answer some quizzes. It's a neat learning tool and one of the few good 360 videos I've seen in VR.
I bought it cos I'm a risk taker. Eh, it's okay. I watched an elephant take a piss.

However, only 3 environments and 8 animals? I was expecting this to be the Encarta of VR. They could have done so much more. As it stands, there is zero replay value.

You get 15 minutes free of live feed from Kenya, but one of the cameras is frequently "down for maintenance" while the other two are just regular non-VR footage (of which I mostly enjoyed a blank landscape and a few deer).

The real educational experience I got from this was learning the difference between 360 video and 3D VR. Virry VR is anything but. It's flat 2D 360 video with visible stitching and incorrect scaling (everything looks like it's being projected on an IMAX screen) which hardly makes it feel immersive. Overall, that's been my experience of most 360 videos I've seen. As a result, I spent all day "researching" (i.e. watching a shitload of videos) on various PSVR apps (YouTube, Hulu, Littlstar, Within, Jaunt), trying to find the best content. There's also a pretty good playlist on YouTube, but it's a little bloated.

Compare Virry VR to something like National Geographic's 3D 360° videos (available for free on YouTube) and there's no contest. The only problem is that streaming video always looks like crap compared to the downloaded stuff. I wish there was a way to force it to buffer because it feels like I'm watching everything in 480p.

A few highlights you may have already come across:

Invasion! (CGI)
Asteroids! (CGI)
Allumette (stop-motion)
Evolution of Verse (Within app)
The House VRX (Hulu; 8 episodes)
Escape from Calypso Island: A 360° VR Adventure (The Rock Presents)
Interrogation VR (Funny or Die)
Conan 360° videos
SNL 40 360° videos
Super Mario Bros 3D 360° VR: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (YouTube; fan-made)
Pac-Man in 360° (YouTube; fan-made)
Five Nights at Freddy's 360° (BlackBoxTV)

I probably watched about 100 videos in all. Not surprisingly, a lot of the best ones are tied to movie properties (and of those, most of them are horror). Since there's no master list anywhere on the web, I figured I'd compile them here for reference. (Let me know if there are any glaring omissions worth checking out.)

Alien Covenant: In Utero - A 360° Virtual Reality Experience
Annabelle: Creation VR - Bee's Room
The Conjuring 2: Experience Enfield VR 360°
Crimson Peak (Beware Crimson Peak)
Fifty Shades Darker: The Masquerade Ball - A Cinematic VR Experience
The Hunger Games: Virtual Reality Experience
Insidious: Chapter 3 360° VR
IT: FLOAT - A Cinematic VR Experience
Kong VR: Destination Skull Island
The Magnificent Seven: Western VR Experience
Mr. Robot: Virtual Reality Experience
The Mummy: Zero Gravity Stunt in 360°
Nerve: VR Dare - Climb Across the Ladder
Ouija: Origin of Evil 360° VR
Pete's Dragon 360° VR Experience: Elliot's Flyover
Rogue One Recon: A Star Wars 360° Experience
Stranger Things: Virtual Reality 360° Experience
Star Wars: The Force Awakens 360° Experience
The Walk: Virtual Reality Experience
The Walking Dead 360° Experience: Negan Under Attack

Speaking of which, I'm not sure how it escaped my detection before, but the PSN store has Spider-Man Homecoming: The Virtual Reality Experience. It's about a 5-minute game in the same vein as Arkham VR. At the price of free, it's kind of hard not to recommend.

I've also been eyeing a few other "experiences" on the PSN store, but after getting burned on Ghostbusters VR, I'm hesitant to try any of them.

Justice League VR: The Complete Experience
Kismet (fortune teller app)
The Martian VR Experience
Passengers: Awakening VR Experience
Stranger Things: The VR Experience (a playable version of this is supposed to be on PSN, but it doesn't seem to be available in the US anymore)

Last but not least, I've been viewing trailers for upcoming PSVR games this year. These are the highlights so far:

The American Dream: A Samurai Punk Virtual Reality Trip
Blood & Truth
Dragonflight
Golem
The Inpatient
Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality
Torn
Transference
Xing: The Land Beyond

I've been inside virtual reality all day. I'm going to have strange dreams tonight.

P.S. Don't even get me started on VR porn...

One word: WankzVR

do all the headsets come with small/major scratches on the lenses? I just opened the Skyrim bundle after doing a return @ Best Buy because the lenses had major scratches on them. The new one has them too but are smaller than the original. is this a normal thing for the PS VR and does it affect the gameplay in anyway if some scratches exist??
I've noticed the same thing, man. From the moment I unboxed it, I inspected little scratches which I tried to buff out with the provided cloth. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it didn't come with plastic covers on the lenses (mine also came with the Skyrim bundle). Another thing I noticed is a small visible green dot on the left side (out of my right eye). Every time the screen is blank, my eye always goes to it. I think it might be a missing pixel or something. I've already contacted PlayStation support and they offered to exchange/repair it via mail. The only problem is that it's a 3-4 week turnaround and I don't think I could live without VR for that long.

Has anyone else played The Invisible Hours? I just finished Chapter 3/4 and I’m really enjoying it. It’s like watching a murder mystery playout. I really hope there will be more games like this in the future.

Has anyone else played The Invisible Hours? I just finished Chapter 3/4 and I’m really enjoying it. It’s like watching a murder mystery playout. I really hope there will be more games like this in the future.
I beat it and it was excellent. If it weren't kinda slow I'd go back for the plat as there's a couple of story threads I never closed. The Ubisoft game Transference seems like it's going in that direction though its going to be much trippier and less about everything happening in realtime.

I beat it and it was excellent. If it weren't kinda slow I'd go back for the plat as there's a couple of story threads I never closed.
The storyline is fantastic, although the gameplay (constantly rewinding) is pretty tedious. I would recommend going back and closing all those threads, as well as everything having to do with the spirit radio and that hotel room...

I bought it cos I'm a risk taker. Eh, it's okay. I watched an elephant take a piss.

However, only 3 environments and 8 animals? I was expecting this to be the Encarta of VR. They could have done so much more. As it stands, there is zero replay value.

You get 15 minutes free of live feed from Kenya, but one of the cameras is frequently "down for maintenance" while the other two are just regular non-VR footage (of which I mostly enjoyed a blank landscape and a few deer).

The real educational experience I got from this was learning the difference between 360 video and 3D VR. Virry VR is anything but. It's flat 2D 360 video with visible stitching and incorrect scaling (everything looks like it's being projected on an IMAX screen) which hardly makes it feel immersive. Overall, that's been my experience of most 360 videos I've seen. As a result, I spent all day "researching" (i.e. watching a shitload of videos) on various PSVR apps (YouTube, Hulu, Littlstar, Within, Jaunt), trying to find the best content. There's also a pretty good playlist on YouTube, but it's a little bloated.

Compare Virry VR to something like National Geographic's 3D 360° videos (available for free on YouTube) and there's no contest. The only problem is that streaming video always looks like crap compared to the downloaded stuff. I wish there was a way to force it to buffer because it feels like I'm watching everything in 480p.

Invasion! (CGI)
Asteroids! (CGI)
Allumette (stop-motion)
Conan 360° videos
SNL 40 360° videos
Super Mario Bros 3D 360° VR: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (YouTube; fan-made)

I probably watched about 100 videos in all. Not surprisingly, a lot of the best ones are tied to movie properties (and of those, most of them are horror). Since there's no master list anywhere on the web, I figured I'd compile them here for reference. (Let me know if there are any glaring omissions worth checking out.)

Speaking of which, I'm not sure how it escaped my detection before, but the PSN store has Spider-Man Homecoming: The Virtual Reality Experience. It's about a 5-minute game in the same vein as Arkham VR. At the price of free, it's kind of hard not to recommend.

I've also been eyeing a few other "experiences" on the PSN store, but after getting burned on Ghostbusters VR, I'm hesitant to try any of them.

Stranger Things: The VR Experience (a playable version of this is supposed to be on PSN, but it doesn't seem to be available in the US anymore)

Last but not least, I've been viewing trailers for upcoming PSVR games this year. These are the highlights so far:

Blood & Truth
Dragonflight
Golem
The Inpatient
Torn
Transference

I've been inside virtual reality all day. I'm going to have strange dreams tonight.

I never said it was encyclopedic and it even says on the page itself that it has 35 minutes of video for eight experiences, so that's a weird leap of expectations from what I said.

360 video is generally very bad in VR because most of the cameras and footage are not high quality, whether that's due to current 360 camera tech or just cheaply made videos, and that most of it is streaming to add further video quality issues. I've even gotten slight nausea from some of the video apps because it was so bad that I couldn't take it anymore. It's pretty much only the locally downloaded/streamed stuff that looks good and Virry VR stands above all of the apps and Youtube VR for that reason. Then there are the CG experiences like Invasion and whatnot that are actually made for VR, so it looks good for that.

Made a video on anywhereVR with the free content they released last week, which has some games, a display for your Twitter feed, and even a way to cast what's on your Android phone as a feed in the app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZkJTN_Ild8

Other than that, it's a standard relaxation experience for VR.

I beat it and it was excellent. If it weren't kinda slow I'd go back for the plat as there's a couple of story threads I never closed. The Ubisoft game Transference seems like it's going in that direction though its going to be much trippier and less about everything happening in realtime.
Thanks, I’ll look into Transference.

I never said it was encyclopedic and it even says on the page itself that it has 35 minutes of video for eight experiences, so that's a weird leap of expectations from what I said.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the hell I was expecting. At least a damn giraffe.

I don't mind taking a chance for $2, but it bothers me to think that anyone would pay full price for that. On the bright side, I revisited the live feed and got a couple of cool scenic shots of deer, rhinos, monkeys and a couple of exotic birds (all in one frame). Oddly, once the 15 minutes are up, you're not even given the option to pay premium to view more. You're just barred from accessing the "live" section from now on.

Anyway, for anyone who's curious, I thought this was pretty comparable to the whole experience (except in 3D).

Also, any of the National Geographic 360.

Live and learn.

Made a video on anywhereVR with the free content they released last week, which has some games, a display for your Twitter feed, and even a way to cast what's on your Android phone as a feed in the app:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZkJTN_Ild8

Other than that, it's a standard relaxation experience for VR.
You spent more time on it than I did! 5 minutes and I had enough.

Any suggestions on where to get a PSVR demo disc 1.0 new/sealed besides ebay?
If I still had my copy, I’d send it to it. Gave it to my friend that bought my older headset. Though it’s not sealed, it’s in perfect condition. Considering it’s available digitally I have no use for it. Maybe someone else is similar.

Invasion! (CGI)
Asteroids! (CGI)
Allumette (stop-motion)
Conan 360° videos
SNL 40 360° videos

The Walk: Virtual Reality Experience

Blood & Truth
Dragonflight
Golem
The Inpatient
Torn
Transference

Can we get some of this info in the OP?

I've noticed the same thing, man. From the moment I unboxed it, I inspected little scratches which I tried to buff out with the provided cloth. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that it didn't come with plastic covers on the lenses (mine also came with the Skyrim bundle). Another thing I noticed is a small visible green dot on the left side (out of my right eye). Every time the screen is blank, my eye always goes to it. I think it might be a missing pixel or something. I've already contacted PlayStation support and they offered to exchange/repair it via mail. The only problem is that it's a 3-4 week turnaround and I don't think I could live without VR for that long.
When I cleaned up the lens before I returned the Skyrim VR bundle (decided to keep the GT bundle from Walmart for $180), I noticed there was a dot on one of the lens which I couldn't wiped it out. Seems it's some dirt inside. Didn't notice scratch though. I didn't inspect the lens when I first opened it.

The GT Bundle (V1 headset) has absolute very clear lens when I inspected it.

There's a new free VR app on the store called Snatch VR Heist Experience.

Based on the Crackle Original Series Snatch, this six-minute immersive experience transports you into the middle of a safe-cracking diamond heist alongside stars Rupert Grint (Harry Potter film franchise), Luke Pasqualino (“Skins,” “The Borgias”), Lucien Laviscount (“Scream Queens”, “Honeytrap”) and Phoebe Dynevor (“The Village,” “Dickensian). Snatch VR Heist Experience was an official selection showcased in Venice Film Festival Virtual Reality, the festival’s first-ever competitive section for VR works.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/US0007-CUSA08536_00-0000000000000000

When I cleaned up the lens before I returned the Skyrim VR bundle (decided to keep the GT bundle from Walmart for $180), I noticed there was a dot on one of the lens which I couldn't wiped it out. Seems it's some dirt inside. Didn't notice scratch though. I didn't inspect the lens when I first opened it.

The GT Bundle (V1 headset) has absolute very clear lens when I inspected it.
Yup, I'm going to send mine back. All the marks on the lenses keep bothering me (I know they were there when I first got it). I already got the return box from PS, but I'm procrastinating and trying to take in as many experiences as possible. I have like a hundred non-VR games to get to in the meantime, but I've become inseparable from VR over the past few weeks. Maybe we just need some time apart to re-evaluate our lives.

I finished playing through DOOM VFR. Really fun (hard) game; I didn't get sick once, even though I died like 50 billion times. It even includes some "classic" levels, which actually did succeed in making me nauseous for some reason. But I still plan on getting through all of them. The whole thing is kind of short (actually, really long by VR standards), and besides the odd "teleportation" travel, it really does feel like the real life Doom experience I've been waiting for since, like, 1995.

Also, the other day, I downloaded Gary the Gull, another dumb/fun app you can get for free on PSN. It kind of plays like a cartoon but there is minimal (and I mean minimal) interaction. Lasts only a few minutes. I'm getting the most out of my VR headset.

bread's done
Back