Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new free VR app on the store called Snatch VR Heist Experience.

Based on the Crackle Original Series Snatch, this six-minute immersive experience transports you into the middle of a safe-cracking diamond heist alongside stars Rupert Grint (Harry Potter film franchise), Luke Pasqualino (“Skins,” “The Borgias”), Lucien Laviscount (“Scream Queens”, “Honeytrap”) and Phoebe Dynevor (“The Village,” “Dickensian). Snatch VR Heist Experience was an official selection showcased in Venice Film Festival Virtual Reality, the festival’s first-ever competitive section for VR works.

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/US0007-CUSA08536_00-0000000000000000
So... who has tried this?

I know it's free... but is it worth the time?

So... who has tried this?

I know it's free... but is it worth the time?
It's basically a six-minute promo for the show (which I haven't seen...only the movie years back). It's a great example of 360 3D video, but that's about it. The "interactive" element is totally lame (a quick safe-cracking sequence thrown in at the end). I guess it's worth approximately six minutes for free.

Doom VFR dropped down to $19.99 on amazon
Just after I decided to open my copy. To mock me, no less.

Doom VFR dropped down to $19.99 on amazon
Thanks for that.

I was ordering some other shit on Amazon and added that to my order. I hope they put out a left handed patch shortly because I am lefty and don't know how much fun it would be playing it with 2 move controllers and having to aim with my right hand, or aiming with my left hand but it not matching what is going on in the game.

So I bought the Gran Turismo bundle from Walmart for $179 awhile back but now I need a good deal on the move remotes, can anybody recommend somewhere to buy these used besides eBay and Gamestop?

Edit; found one on craigslist for $10

Thanks for the heads up. I checked Gamestop, and they have it for $19.99 as well. Pre-owned is lower than that price. If a store has one in stock.
Yeah, if Amazon has a game price drop on Wednesday morning there is a good chance they are matching Gamestop (who does their own price drops and sales starting on Wednesday).

Saw on slickdeals earlier that the Farpoint/aim controller bundle is on sale for $64 after code MBLB011618. I know this is the same price as Best Buy with gcu and I also realize that the standalone game has been as low as like $20, but I found this to be a good deal. No tax for me from Newegg saved me about $5 in tax vs BB and shipping was finally free for once. I haven’t seen the aim controller cheap anywhere and this is the cheapest I’ve seen the bundle since I started looking (which was after Christmas)

Now that I’ve shared a deal, let me share a story. I’m glad Newegg wanted to charge shipping on VR Worlds that they had on sale because it made me not buy it. Made arrangements to buy resident evil 7 from a guy on Facebook for $15. I asked him if he had any other vr games and he said he’d give me the demos if I wanted, which I said yes to. I was very pleased when I met him and he handed me RE7, demo disc 1, and a copy of VR Worlds.

Made arrangements to buy resident evil 7 from a guy on Facebook for $15. I asked him if he had any other vr games and he said he’d give me the demos if I wanted, which I said yes to. I was very pleased when I met him and he handed me RE7, demo disc 1, and a copy of VR Worlds.
Damn, I paid $15 for VR Worlds alone. Lucky find.

Gross-Sobbing-My-Reaction-When-Gif.gif

I picked up Doom at Gamestop. Man, Gamestop has been having some good sales lately. I almost never shop there because of their prices, but I bought Doom VFR, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe, Mafia III, and Nier: Automata from them because they had the lowest prices. And amazingly, all were sealed copies.

I'm using the Move controllers. It seems like they'll take a lot of getting used to, but might end up working pretty well. There isn't a 90 degree turn button, but towards the end of my session I think I was starting to do something with the 180 degree turn button and my own head turning to work that out.

And I'll have to check if we can change the dash buttons. I'd rather have dash left and right be better aligned on the controller instead of dashing forward and back.

I'm playing standing up for better immersion. I'm glad the UI shows the location of the PS4 camera.

I always thought I would hate teleport movement, and after playing with it a bit in the Croft Manor mission in Rise of the Tomb Raider I felt that was confirmed. But I'm pretty okay with it in Doom. Going into it I told myself just think of it as going between hot spots like in Mortal Blitz, but hot spots are everywhere. What also helps is the presence of dashing, and it's how you do glory kills. Instead of feeling like a limited way to move in VR it feels like a special move.

I'm playing on Normal. At first I tried on Hard, but I don't think I would be able to handle it while also getting used to the Move controls. If the controls click I'll play it again on Hard with the Moves. If not then I'll play Hard with a dualshock. I've only completed the first level.

I picked up Doom at Gamestop. Man, Gamestop has been having some good sales lately. I almost never shop there because of their prices, but I bought Doom VFR, Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe, Mafia III, and Nier: Automata from them because they had the lowest prices.
GS has indeed stepped their game up this past year. After typically being more expensive than everyone else the past few years, I noticed alot more sales and deals in 2017. I still don't like their business practices and the way they treat their employees, but lower prices are a fact you can't really argue with.

So I decided to try the Oasis Shooter VR bundle. First up was Ace Banana, which is an inferior bow-and-arrow shooting gallery game with crappy controls and shoddy tracking (compared to something like Ancient Amuletor). My hands were never lined up to the hands in the game and it kept pushing my movements left of screen, which made me have to overcompensate by turning my body left. Long story short, I ended up getting wound up in that stupid headset cable. I can make it to wave 10 (out of 16 total) consistently, but that multiplying Hanzo boss battle is incredibly unfair and I end up losing in seconds (someone keeps tossing palm fronds in my field of view). Needless to say, I got fed up and tossed it to the side without completing it.

Next up is Pixel Gear, which is a much simpler shooting gallery game. It only uses one Move controller and there are varying levels of difficulty. I found this superior in every way to Ace Banana, and overall enjoyable (but shallow), although my trigger hand is aching now. For a total price of $2.49, I guess I can't complain too much about the rudimentary design and short, repetitive gameplay. There's also a multiplayer mode in Pixel Gear which I can't seem to get to work (is it supposed to be local coop?).

You can now get Doom VFR on Newegg for $17.99 at checkout when entering the 40% off code: EMCXEEE57 (deal on the main CAG page).

Compare that to the $23.99 I paid for it on Newegg not more than one month ago. God damn it all to hell.

Front page listings don't last long, so you can also get Skyrim VR for $35.99 with that same code, or the Farpoint VR with Aim Controller bundle for $64.99 (for a limited time).

Don’t Knock Twice is now available to preorder at Best Buy, Gamestop and Amazon for $39.99. I’ll defintely be waiting for a price drop.
That’s way too expensive for that. I got it for $9.99 during the PSN sale and I don’t even think it’s worth that. I beat it the first time in 1-2 hours and the second time in about 30 minutes. It’s overall pretty creepy, but not as scary an experience as Paranormal Activity: The Lost Soul (although they both suffer from short duration and poor controls). I wonder if the physical version will contain any unique content.

Saw on slickdeals earlier that the Farpoint/aim controller bundle is on sale for $64 after code MBLB011618.
Actually, if you buy through their mobile app and apply that code, you can get it for another 20% off, or $52. I live in CA so they charged me tax. Total came out to $56 for me (minus another 5% cashback for using Chase Freedom + Android Pay)

I don't want to spend more than $20 on Don't Knock Twice either but I do worry about the "Job Simulator" and "Robinson" effect, in which certain VR games are randomly hard to find after a few weeks due to low print run or whatever other reason. Pulling the trigger on Job Simulator right when it released was easy because it was only $20 to begin with ($16 with Prime) but paying even $32 for Don't Knock Twice is something I really don't want to do. 

On a similar note, I've been watching the physical version of VR Karts like a hawk waiting for a price drop, but it's held at $29.99 on Amazon for quite a few weeks now. Ugh.   

I've been curious about the Aim Controller with Farpoint, $52 might be cheap enough to get me to grab it.

How is the Aim controller with Doom VFR?  I have it arriving from Amazon tomorrow and just planned on playing with 2 Move controllers.  I'm also left handed and know there is no left handed mode in Doom (yet hopefully) so that makes me wonder how the Aim controller would also be.

I've been curious about the Aim Controller with Farpoint, $52 might be cheap enough to get me to grab it.

How is the Aim controller with Doom VFR? I have it arriving from Amazon tomorrow and just planned on playing with 2 Move controllers. I'm also left handed and know there is no left handed mode in Doom (yet hopefully) so that makes me wonder how the Aim controller would also be.
Sorry, people over at SD are saying that the code is now expired.

You can now get Doom VFR on Newegg for $17.99 at checkout when entering the 40% off code: EMCXEEE57 (deal on the main CAG page).

Compare that to the $23.99 I paid for it on Newegg not more than one month ago. God damn it all to hell.

Front page listings don't last long, so you can also get Skyrim VR for $35.99 with that same code, or the Farpoint VR with Aim Controller bundle for $64.99 (for a limited time).
I grabbed Skyrim with the code. I don’t think I’ll ever play the whole game in vr but I want to at least try it ha.

I noticed Amazon hasn’t had it in stock for some time, only 3rd parties.

How is the Aim controller with Doom VFR? I have it arriving from Amazon tomorrow and just planned on playing with 2 Move controllers. I'm also left handed and know there is no left handed mode in Doom (yet hopefully) so that makes me wonder how the Aim controller would also be.
I was reading on reddit that it’s supposed to be the superior option, except for a stupid little bug that still shows your other hand on screen (even though you’re gripping the Aim with both hands). You can also use the DS4 for more familiar handling (at the cost of immersion).

:ps4:VR  Doom VFR - $19.99 via Amazon

Will make it easier to price match at Target/Best Buy versus Gamestop (most of the time they do PM Gamestop aside from an occasional hiccup).

I'll be price matching to Target to save 5% with REDcard.

:ps4:VR Doom VFR - $19.99 via Amazon

Will make it easier to price match at Target/Best Buy versus Gamestop (most of the time they do PM Gamestop aside from an occasional hiccup).

I'll be price matching to Target to save 5% with REDcard.
Wow! What will you do with that $1? Retire early? Take an exotic vacation?

Does anyone know where I can find Battlefront for cheap so I can play the vr dlc? I guess I should have bought the ultimate edition on psn a few months ago when it was ~$5. I didn’t know I’d be getting a vr back then and I really have no interest in the main game since it’s all multiplayer

Does anyone know where I can find Battlefront for cheap so I can play the vr dlc? I guess I should have bought the ultimate edition on psn a few months ago when it was ~$5. I didn’t know I’d be getting a vr back then and I really have no interest in the main game since it’s all multiplayer
You probably already know this, but you don't need the Ultimate Edition to download the VR mission. Just the base edition is fine. I got it for $12 during Black Friday, so I can't help you there (but $5 for UE must have been a steal). If you're only going for the 15-minute DLC, your best bet might just be a used copy. Gross -- I know.

I don’t mind used games at all. I was hoping to find it pretty cheap though, especially since all I want it for is the vr experience. I was going to borrow it from a friend, but it turns out he owns it digitally.

Wait... am I on IDONTWANTTOSAVEMONEYGamer.com? :whistle2:k
He has an idea to save extra, good for him. And he's probably going to Target anyway since he has a Red card.
Ok if we are playing “saver topper” then....I am going to buy it at Target, use a red card, but I am going to walk to target to save gas,collect aluminum cans I find on the way, wash windshields for tips at intersections I pass, sell plasma if I pass a blood bank, claim foreign citizenship so I can try to get a refund back on the tax portion, be sure I use the toilet at target so that will be one less flush at home, saving on my water bill, and probably even take some toilet paper and stick it in my pocket for later thus saving money on future toilet paper purchases, and then walk around outside of the store with a metal detector looking for any change that folks might have dropped. Then when my red card bill comes, I am going to file for bankruptcy and get the debt dismissed, so I get the game for free and actually plan on making money with all the activities I described above.

Amazing that someone wanting to save money bothers you so much.  You should get over yourself.  You're just making yourself look like even more of an ass.

He saves an extra $1, doesn't support shitty GS and has the game today. That all sounds like a win to me. Maybe if you're so triggered by savings you should leave this site.

Wow! What will you do with that $1? Retire early? Take an exotic vacation?
I was sitting here two days ago thinking, why am I going to wait for best buy to sell the Game at this price, just so that I can save four dollars with GCU? I think for many on this website this is a game in and of itself, to see exactly how cheap you can get your games for.

This code is working on Doom VFR, but what happened to ShopRunner and its free shipping on newegg??

This code is working on Doom VFR, but what happened to ShopRunner and its free shipping on newegg??
Ever since Newegg introduced their “premier” shipping it seems like almost nothing has been shoprunner eligible. Every once in a while you still get free “eggsaver” shipping. But it doesn’t seem like it’s very often anymore, especially on video games.

Ever since Newegg introduced their “premier” shipping it seems like almost nothing has been shoprunner eligible. Every once in a while you still get free “eggsaver” shipping. But it doesn’t seem like it’s very often anymore, especially on video games.
I got free “super eggsave” shipping with my skyrim order. I rarely order from newegg and don’t think that I even logged into an account to order.

I was sitting here two days ago thinking, why am I going to wait for best buy to sell the Game at this price, just so that I can save four dollars with GCU? I think for many on this website this is a game in and of itself, to see exactly how cheap you can get your games for.
Lately I seem to spend more time shopping for games than i actually do playing them....

Ok if we are playing “saver topper” then....I am going to buy it at Target, use a red card, but I am going to walk to target to save gas,collect aluminum cans I find on the way, wash windshields for tips at intersections I pass, sell plasma if I pass a blood bank, claim foreign citizenship so I can try to get a refund back on the tax portion, be sure I use the toilet at target so that will be one less flush at home, saving on my water bill, and probably even take some toilet paper and stick it in my pocket for later thus saving money on future toilet paper purchases, and then walk around outside of the store with a metal detector looking for any change that folks might have dropped. Then when my red card bill comes, I am going to file for bankruptcy and get the debt dismissed, so I get the game for free and actually plan on making money with all the activities I described above.
Did someone wake up on the wrong side of their backlog pile today?

If anyone is interested in Skyrim VR I still have mine sealed I'm looking to offload that came with my bundle.  Shoot me a PM if you are interested in it.

I played some more Doom VFR. Using the Move controllers feels too cumbersome. They were okay for the first level, but in the next level (or was it the third?) there was a big firefight where they felt like a chore to use. After dying a few times I switched to the dualshock 4, and I passed it with ease. The guns look kind of silly outside of the Move set up, and you lose some immersion, but the free movement feels so good.

I just played the first level or two of Doom VFR with the aim controller. The street luge game on PS VR Worlds didn't do it, but Doom VFR gave me a bad headache. It was all of the teleporting, dashing, and turning left to right. Is it possible to make it smoother turning left and right? 

I actually got stuck in Doom VFR already, after a little BB8 looking droid picks up a key card from behind some glass in a server room, I can't pick up the damn card off of the ground. Do you guys have any tips? Maybe I need to move the camera or my setup or something. I think I had a similar problem when Alfred hands you a key while you're playing the piano at the beginning of Arkham VR. I couldn't pick the darn key up.

Thank you to everyone who contributes so much to this thread. I used to post probably 20 or 30 times on CAG a day, but now it's been like 1 post every other month the past year or two. This is by far my favorite thread on CAG right now and it's making me visit this site more often again.

Thanks budarc and FriskyTanuki for the excellently detailed responses to my questions several days back. Thanks again to barlush23, BeaGolden and anyone else I'm forgetting as well. 

After following everyone's advice and enjoying the experiences so much, I ended up buying Psychonauts, The Farpoint bundle, and obviously DOOM VFR. Now I'm only missing a couple physical US releases (including Job Simulator  :wall:  :wall:  :wall:  ). I was so very tempted to buy ATV Drifts & Tricks until I saw this crazy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPszvIJzfw0

I don't know. I might end up having a complete collection minus Job Simulator and minus that piece of crap unless it's under $5 used. They used the same goddamn levels as the other game? Not to mention you have to play the standard game to unlock VR. That game developer blows.

Edit: I just remembered one more little VR related thing to rant about. The Farpoint bundle didn't have a USB cable to charge it and I see it has a slot for a wrist strap, but it didn't include one of those either. I thought I was cheap, but that's really cheap.

I just played the first level or two of Doom VFR with the aim controller. The street luge game on PS VR Worlds didn't do it, but Doom VFR gave me a bad headache. It was all of the teleporting, dashing, and turning left to right. Is it possible to make it smoother turning left and right?

I actually got stuck in Doom VFR already, after a little BB8 looking droid picks up a key card from behind some glass in a server room, I can't pick up the damn card off of the ground. Do you guys have any tips? Maybe I need to move the camera or my setup or something. I think I had a similar problem when Alfred hands you a key while you're playing the piano at the beginning of Arkham VR. I couldn't pick the darn key up.
Like someone else mentioned above, I ended up using the Dualshock for most of Doom VFR. It's just too intense an experience to handle using the Move controllers and learning all the various button functions. You're given an option to turn on "left stick" handling on DS4, but I don't really recommend it for the entire game because all the motion made me super nauseous (I tried it for the Doom classic maps). But it would probably help you in the case of smoother turning. With the DS4, you point down to the object (in this case, keycard) and press R3. I never had any problem picking it up in that sequence. Also, always remember the trick to "reorient yourself" in the game by holding down Start for a few seconds. Sometimes that helps with any lingering tracking issue (I experienced the same thing in Arkham VR).

Like someone else mentioned above, I ended up using the Dualshock for most of Doom VFR. It's just too intense an experience to handle using the Move controllers and learning all the various button functions. You're given an option to turn on "left stick" handling on DS4, but I don't really recommend it for the entire game because all the motion made me super nauseous (I tried it for the Doom classic maps). But it would probably help you in the case of smoother turning. With the DS4, you point down to the object (in this case, keycard) and press R3. I never had any problem picking it up in that sequence. Also, always remember the trick to "reorient yourself" in the game by holding down Start for a few seconds. Sometimes that helps with any lingering tracking issue (I experienced the same thing in Arkham VR).
Thank you again. I pushed every button including R3, but I bet I wasn't pointing the aim controller down enough. I'll try the DS4. I tried holding down start in Arkham, but not Doom because I didn't know where to find it on the aim controller. You're correct its a lot to handle learning all of the various button functions in Doom. Hopefully I get some use out of the aim controller with Farpoint or else it will end up in my pile of rarely used giant plastic peripherals. :D/

Thank you to everyone who contributes so much to this thread. I used to post probably 20 or 30 times on CAG a day, but now it's been like 1 post every other month the past year or two. This is by far my favorite thread on CAG right now and it's making me visit this site more often again.

Thanks budarc and FriskyTanuki for the excellently detailed responses to my questions several days back. Thanks again to barlush23, BeaGolden and anyone else I'm forgetting as well.

After following everyone's advice and enjoying the experiences so much, I ended up buying Psychonauts, The Farpoint bundle, and obviously DOOM VFR. Now I'm only missing a couple physical US releases (including Job Simulator :wall: :wall: :wall: ). I was so very tempted to buy ATV Drifts & Tricks until I saw this crazy video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPszvIJzfw0

I don't know. I might end up having a complete collection minus Job Simulator and minus that piece of crap unless it's under $5 used. They used the same goddamn levels as the other game? Not to mention you have to play the standard game to unlock VR. That game developer blows.

Edit: I just remembered one more little VR related thing to rant about. The Farpoint bundle didn't have a USB cable to charge it and I see it has a slot for a wrist strap, but it didn't include one of those either. I thought I was cheap, but that's really cheap.
Check your local gamestops inventories as much as you can online and eventually you will find a copy of Job Simulator. I was just able to get one yesterday by doing that. That’s the second one I’ve seen pop up since Chrstmas, but I wasn’t able to get to the first one fast enough.

I’m also going for a complete US set, but there are definitely some duds that I’m not looking forward to spending money on. The hard part is deciding when to pull the trigger to try get them for cheap, but not risk missing them all together due to low print runs.

first I am hearing of Job Simulator being rare - pretty sure I have a brand new copy - anyone interested?

Will verify that its not a gamestop "new" copy.

bread's done
Back