Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm interested in both of the new games today, but they also seem like games that will be less than $5 before all that long.

Just noticing Korix is on sale. Anyone have any input on that one? Strategy/tower defense is up my alley but looks a little plain.

Crisis on the Planet of the Apes is an epic disaster.

planetoftheapes.gif

I guess nothing could be as bad as Fox's first VR effort, The Martian, but at the very least that game felt polished (for its 15 minutes of gameplay). Apes is buggy as shit and suffers from some of the worst Move controls ever developed. Basically, you have to walk like an ape: one fist in front of the other. Sounds easy enough, but it's a massive chore, and since more than half of the game is walking (on pre-established paths) -- or climbing hand over fist -- it feels like an aerobic workout, especially when you're attempting to "hurry" from danger (I sweat through my VR headset). The other part of the game is taking cover and shooting bad guys (which is kind of similar to London Heist). You have to hold down the Move button to hold the gun, then press the trigger while still holding down the Move button and using the other hand to duck for cover. To reload, you have to grab ammo with your free hand and load your weapon as you're continuing to hold down all the buttons. Anyway, it's a short enough experience; it lasts less than two hours, and that includes me having to restart twice because of a bug and the blue "error" screen of doom. I beat it on normal difficulty, but probably won't play it again to get the platinum (which involves beating it on easy, hard, a couple speed runs and playing all the way through without dying).

I'd like to try out Island Time VR next, but I never pay full price for anything.

Has anyone played Megaton Rainfall on a regular PS4?  I just came across a video on YouTube that showed you can fly through the entire solar system (which I never realized you could do in this game) but it also said that the low res and poor textures on the regular PS4 ruin the experience.  Is that true?  Is it only worth getting if you own a Pro?

Are there any deals on PSVR or is it just full price right now? None of the weekly deals show anything, wondering if y'all knew of anything.

It just got a recent price drop so full price is actually the deal at the moment. Unlikely to see anything cheaper until E3 should they announce newer hardware.

Wow, tracked down a copy of Wipeout. Sold “GameStop new” but whatever.

Pretty awesome. But I only lasted 3 races before I started feeling it.

Wow, tracked down a copy of Wipeout. Sold “GameStop new” but whatever.

Pretty awesome. But I only lasted 3 races before I started feeling it.
Admittedly it's default I believe is the most conservative in terms of preventing motion sickness but it does support a pretty ridiculous amount of tracking options and camera views for VR. I never feel sick from it directly (I'm slightly worn out after about 2 hours though) but I've been in VR since launch and have come to believe in VR legs.

Has anyone played Megaton Rainfall on a regular PS4? I just came across a video on YouTube that showed you can fly through the entire solar system (which I never realized you could do in this game) but it also said that the low res and poor textures on the regular PS4 ruin the experience. Is that true? Is it only worth getting if you own a Pro?
I didn't care for it but I could see how someone might like it. It uses forward rendering a lot which effectively means it renders a lot of the game on a big 2D plane which eliminates a lot of the 3D effect and makes it feel like you are playing a 3D movie more than a game. I can't imagine the Pro being much better since again a lot of the performance is offloaded to forward rendering but the game was very basic in presentation on the Pro as well and looked like a game made by one guy (because it was).

This is the second week in a row that there has been no new sales on PSVR games in the PlayStation Store.  On top of that, there was no Spring sale for the U.S. despite the fact that all of the other regions had one.

I'm beginning to think that people are right about Sony starting to abandon yet another one of their projects.

This is the second week in a row that there has been no new sales on PSVR games in the PlayStation Store. On top of that, there was no Spring sale for the U.S. despite the fact that all of the other regions had one.

I'm beginning to think that people are right about Sony starting to abandon yet another one of their projects.
They have put probably 90% of the PSVR library on sale at this point. It's not big enough to have a healthy sales cadence because a decent amount of releases are too new for a sale yet. I think it's clear that gen 1 PSVR is going to be under supported but the sales were good enough that I'm very convinced that Sony is going to double down on PSVR for PS5 because they can get the price point cheaper and get a much better image to a slightly better and higher res panel. I think at E3 you are going to see tons of Japanese support, more indies that are flowing from PC to PSVR, and a few small bets from the big guys like Transference from Ubisoft but more of them and slightly bigger. At this point I'd bet good money that Golem will have a decent launch reveal since the delay is putting it so close to launch.

This is the second week in a row that there has been no new sales on PSVR games in the PlayStation Store. On top of that, there was no Spring sale for the U.S. despite the fact that all of the other regions had one.

What does one have to do with the other?

youre the kind of guy that would say GCU $10 Cert arent coming back.

I’ve had my PSVR since 2/19 and I’ve had the opportunity to buy every single PSVR game for the US region low price since then except for Raw Data. I’m confident we’ll get some kind of sale before the months out and prefer multiple games on sale at once for the coupon than getting thrown a bone.

Time Carnage has a 20% launch discount.

Not pushing games and not supporting a product go hand-in-hand.
I agree with that statement, of course.

But just to confirm, you are saying that no big VR game sales the past 2 weeks = Sony is not pushing or supporting a product and they are "starting to abandon yet another one of their projects"? If so, that's pretty silly.

I genuinely can't tell if you are trying to make a joke or not, but after reading responses after that post, I think you're serious. You kind of sound like a whiny entitled kid with that post.

"2 whole weeks of no 50% off games I'm too cheap to pay full price for WAH WAH"

I generally do not respond to things here at CAG any more, as it really has become the Mos Eisley Cantina of the internet lately, but here goes.

I'm going to request some links to "people" that think Sony is abandoning PlayStation VR. There were initial reports about 6 to 9 months after launch like that, but there have been and are several highly anticipated and publicized releases that have come out or are on their way. Let's name a few: Moss, Doom VFR, Skyrim VR, Blood and Truth, The Inpatient, Vacation Simulator, Rick and Morty, etc. I do not see how having a ton of games available and even more to come is "abandoning" a project.

Not pushing games and not supporting a product go hand-in-hand.
See my above response to this. Snap conclusions because there are not any available sales to your liking and calling for the demise of a platform that just became literally the most accessible and pretty much the best selling VR solution on the market to date is quite silly. Hopefully you can see how this may be an overly exaggerated couple of statements. Thanks for your time.

I genuinely can't tell if you are trying to make a joke or not, but after reading responses after that post, I think you're serious. You kind of sound like a whiny entitled kid with that post.

"2 whole weeks of no 50% off games I'm too cheap to pay full price for WAH WAH"
It's about that time for the regularly scheduled Doomsday complaint after the last big sale.

From what I've seen in videos all I saw was, roll ball, change camera angle, roll, change camera angle, roll, repeat... I was hoping for some Screwball Scramble skill-type element to it. Does Amazeballs just have one set route, A to B? Or is it like a maze where you can end up in dead-ends, and tracking back?

They literally had a MASSIVE VR sale last month...

When there are no good deals, we turn on each other.

I'll echo what Moonbathing said in a different way: another week of shitty sales, this fucking sucks...

Anyone played the new Rick & Morty yet? Would it make a good 20% off purchase?

Ugh is Wipeout PS4 OOP now? GameStop shows it’s no longer available to ship and Amazon only has it from 3rd party sellers. I wish I had got it because I have a PS VR and only 4 games.

A couple months ago it was discovered Sony filed a patent for new VR controllers. The controllers had analog sticks, and don't use light bulbs for tracking. I doubt they're for this iteration of PSVR. It seems Sony is already gearing up for PSVR2 on the next Playstation, so I don't think Sony is done with VR.

Last week was a Telltale Games publisher sale, and this week is a Rockstar publisher sale. Yeah, that's two weeks in a row without any PSVR offerings, I assume, but there were slim pickings in general these past two weeks.

The US did have a Spring sale. It's just it was billed as the Great Indoors sale while it was billed as an Easter sale in most other regions. A good amount of the games on sale in the Easter sales were in the Great Indoors sale. In the US Sony probably avoided the religious name. The sales around Christmas are called the Holiday sales, and even the Halloween sales are called Sales of the Dead.

Ugh is Wipeout PS4 OOP now? GameStop shows it’s no longer available to ship and Amazon only has it from 3rd party sellers. I wish I had got it because I have a PS VR and only 4 games.
there are a metric ton of stores in my area that have it available in store for $23.99, would suggest using the store search?

You can't price match if it's out of stock.. atleast in my experience.
I've never had a place ask me if something is in stock, especially with Brick and Mortor stores. Cashiers have better things to do with their time than call every GameStop in an x mile radius to see if they game the game in stock.

Find a gamestop that has it in stock and  PM it online to Best Buy.  They will ask for a link to it at GS and your zipcode and just give them the zipcode that shows some in stock.  Once they see it is in stock, they will tell you to place the order (at full price) then give them the order #.  Then they will credit you back the difference.  

When I did it, they had it in stock at GS near me, but I really doubt they check your address when you give them the order number.  I did in store pickup too so they actually didn't have a ship address for me.

I’m confused by the business model Wildcard is using for Ark ... is Snail games a subsidiary of Wildcard or an independent company that has partnered with the studio on PixArk and ArkPARK? Had been hoping the latter would be a $20-30 game ... $50 seems steep. Anyone tried it out, is it a more robust experience than it initially appeared because it looked like an add-on for Ark when I first saw trailers.

I’m confused by the business model Wildcard is using for Ark ... is Snail games a subsidiary of Wildcard or an independent company that has partnered with the studio on PixArk and ArkPARK? Had been hoping the latter would be a $20-30 game ... $50 seems steep. Anyone tried it out, is it a more robust experience than it initially appeared because it looked like an add-on for Ark when I first saw trailers.
They're partners with the original studio to work on new Ark games.

bread's done
Back