Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Any recommendations from that list. Also I’m trying to figure out which headset is the best for VR as well as my nice Cloud Alpha X pair doesnt fit over the VR headset. Seems like some like the Stealth 350 set and others the PS4 Gold Headset.

Any recommendations from that list. Also I’m trying to figure out which headset is the best for VR as well as my nice Cloud Alpha X pair doesnt fit over the VR headset. Seems like some like the Stealth 350 set and others the PS4 Gold Headset.
My Corsair Void headset fits perfectly over the PSVR. The gap between head padding and the earpieces on it go exactly over the VR’s band. I was shocked how well it fit.

On another note, today’s my first day with the PSVR (chronicled how I got it in the Target clearance thread). My collection started with Rush of Blood, Bound, Hyper Void, Doom VFR, Wipeout, The Persistance, RE7, and Farpoint. Are there any must haves or good first experiences in this sale? And also more generally any recommendations outside of the sale? Thanks in advance for any recommendations/words of wisdom!

My Corsair Void headset fits perfectly over the PSVR. The gap between head padding and the earpieces on it go exactly over the VR’s band. I was shocked how well it fit.

On another note, today’s my first day with the PSVR (chronicled how I got it in the Target clearance thread). My collection started with Rush of Blood, Bound, Hyper Void, Doom VFR, Wipeout, The Persistance, RE7, and Farpoint. Are there any must haves or good first experiences in this sale? And also more generally any recommendations outside of the sale? Thanks in advance for any recommendations/words of wisdom!
Moss is the only "must buy" that you didn't mention IMO. It's one of the best PSVR experiences out there.

Games I'd recommend from the sale:
The Invisible Hours: At ~$11 this is an easy recommendation. I haven't gotten super far in the game my self but have enjoyed my time with it, and it is an interesting VR experience
Time Machine VR: This game never falls into the $5 range that one would hope for, but even at $12 I think this game is worth it. Very relaxing swimming around in the water and looking at the big aquatic reptiles. I get this game isn't for everyone, but I love dinosaurs and quite enjoyed my time with this game. I believe this was my first VR plat.
Arizona Sunshine: I'd only say you should get this if you have an aim controler. But shooting zombies with the controler is a lot of fun.

Pierhead Arcade is a must-buy IMO.  I've been playing that game a lot lately and it's a blast.  If you're into carnival/arcade style games, I strongly recommend it.  It also has 2 bowling lanes.

Could somebody please give me a rundown of what Killing Floor: Incursion is like?

Is it like Arizona Sunshine?  Is it more like a wave shooter?  And what is the difficulty level?

Can anyone give opinions of the following on-sale games that I am considering?

Infinite Minigolf
VR Ping Pong (not expecting too much from it, but it is cheaper than the last sale in which I almost bought it)
Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 (not even a big soccer fan, but the fact that they managed to make a full soccer game for VR intrigues me, and it is quite cheap)
Floor Plan (I am pretty much convinced to get this, though i know it is quite short)
Along Together (hadn't followed this game at all, but reviews have almost convinced me to get it, even though it is far more expensive than most of the others I am considering)
Sparc is also in the running, but there is really no single player, right?

Thanks.

Infinite Minigolf
VR Ping Pong (not expecting too much from it, but it is cheaper than the last sale in which I almost bought it)
Football Nation VR Tournament 2018 (not even a big soccer fan, but the fact that they managed to make a full soccer game for VR intrigues me, and it is quite cheap)
Floor Plan (I am pretty much convinced to get this, though i know it is quite short)
Along Together (hadn't followed this game at all, but reviews have almost convinced me to get it, even though it is far more expensive than most of the others I am considering)

Thanks.
Infinite Minigolf - Solid mini golf with powers and some fantastical design elements. Good amount of content. Decent unlockables. That said, not exactly an exiting genre for VR. Decent graphics and limited blur.

Sparc - really solid MP Vr game. Pretty physical but great design and good production. That said, MP only outside of a few trials and you need to join a community to organize matches. There are a few out there if you are that interested though.

Is Thumper a worthwhile VR experience? I won’t buy digital and today is the last day it’s for sale in physical form. TIA!
I love it! Some others have commented that they don’t like it because the soundtrack annoys them. I like the soundtrack just fine and it feels very appropriate for the game(both gameplay and atmosphere). You could either try the demo found on demo disc 1 or you could probably watch some videos on YouTube to hear the music. I think the soundtrack is the only complaint I’ve heard from people. Be warned that the demo is quite easy but the game quickly starts to demand a lot more from you

Infinite Minigolf

Thanks.
I found Floor Plan and Along Together to be fun, worthwhile experiences, but your mileage may vary.

Is Thumper a worthwhile VR experience? I won’t buy digital and today is the last day it’s for sale in physical form. TIA!
Like jsivley said, it's unique and kind of stands alone in the PSVR market. It's challenging and addicting.

Could somebody please give me a rundown of what Killing Floor: Incursion is like?

Is it like Arizona Sunshine? Is it more like a wave shooter? And what is the difficulty level?
I only played the first level. It is a mix of both. I was too scared to keep playing, but I will again soon.

The end of the level had me searching a house for pieces for a puzzle then fighting a boss. There were also wave based sections where you had to survive until doors were opened. Each wave section is short then you walk yourself to the next area. It did not feel wave based to me, even though it obviously is. The transitions and how long each wave section lasts, made the game feel not as wave based.

DWVR screenshots in the store look great and it supports Aim controller. I have never heard of this game before. I looked up what games to get with the Aim controller several months back and this one didn't come up, despite releasing in 2017. Is this game any good? Screenshots look like a Painkiller or Doom type game.

Edit: From a quick search, it sounds like the game started rough, but the developer is very open to feedback and fixed some things. I like how the developer is still answering questions on Reddit about the game even though the game came out nearly a year ago. Might get it to support an indie developer.

Rush of Blood is awesome. Battlefront X-Wing VR Mission (buy Battlefront used at GameStop for $5), Batman: Arkham VR, and London Heist (PlayStation VR Worlds) are short but fun games for PSVR.

$35 for Thumper physical is not worth it IMO.  The $10 price I got it at I feel was perfect (or maybe like $12).  I was hesitant at $20.

That said, as mentioned, the demo is EASY MODE LIKE SHIT!  The game QUICKLY got very challenging like on the 3rd or 4th level.  But it a good way.  The game is intense as shit.

Most of the games they sell on LRG aren’t worth anywhere near what they charge. But the thing is that the price is more for the collectibility than for the games themselves. I’d say if you’re into LRG and can justify the price the games command as collectors items, Thumper is a fine pick. Otherwise it’s been $6-8 multiple times now digitally

$35 for Thumper physical is not worth it IMO. The $10 price I got it at I feel was perfect (or maybe like $12). I was hesitant at $20.

That said, as mentioned, the demo is EASY MODE LIKE SHIT! The game QUICKLY got very challenging like on the 3rd or 4th level. But it a good way. The game is intense as shit.
The level that added lanes on the highway, I felt the smile on my face slowly stretch from ear to ear.

Well, I did it, I bought Bravo Team despite the reviews.  It's on sale for $22 on Amazon and I had a bunch of points to use so I figured what the hell.  I don't think it will be that bad, but if it is, at least I can sell it and make my money back.

Here They Lie is now free for PS+ until 10/2.

The new deals for today:

Doom VFR - $20.09 - 33% Off - Ends 8/14
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR - $29.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/14
Electronauts - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/21

Continuing from last week:

Ace Banana - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Animal Force - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Archangel - $14.99 - 50% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/14
Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
DWVR - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Dying Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/28
Killing Floor: Incursion - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Moss + Soundtrack Bundle - $29.74 - 15% Off - Ends 8/20
Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Pixel Gear - $4.39 - 60% Off - $3.29 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Salary Man Escape VR - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Smashbox Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Stunt Kite Masters - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
VR Ping Pong - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28
Waddle Home - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

If anyone takes the plunge on the new Arizona Sunshine DLC I'd be interested to hear their thoughts. At $2.50 it wouldn't take a whole lot to be worth it.

The new deals for this week:

Arizona Sunshine - $19.99 - 50% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/20
Catlateral Damage - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Cold Iron - $6.99 - 50% Off - $4.19 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Eagle Flight - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/21
The Solus Project - $7.99 - 60% Off - $6.99 - 65% Off - Ends 8/28
Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $23.99 - 40% Off - $19.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/21
Star Trek: Bridge Crew The Next Generation Bundle - $43.99 - 20% Off - $38.49 - 30% Off - Ends 8/21
Star Wars Battlefield Ultimate Edition - $7.49 - 75% Off - Ends 8/20

Theseus - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/28
Trackmania Turbo - $15.99 - 60% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/21
Werewolves Within - $8.59 - 57% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 8/21

The existing deals from last week:

Ace Banana - $5.99 - 60% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Animal Force - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28

Bow to Blood - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/28

Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

DWVR - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Dying: Reborn - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Electronauts - $17.99 - 10% Off - $15.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/21

End Space - $9.99 - 50% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 8/28
Killing Floor: Incursion - $20.99 - 30% Off - $17.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Mortal Blitz - $11.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Moss + Soundtrack Bundle - $29.74 - 15% Off - Ends 8/20
Oasis Games Horror VR Bundle - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Oasis Games Shooter VR Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Pixel Gear - $4.39 - 60% Off - $3.29 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28
Salary Man Escape VR - $12.79 - 20% Off - $9.59 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Smashbox Arena - $9.99 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Stunt Kite Masters - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28

Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality - $7.99 - 60% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

Torn - $25.49 - 15% Off - $23.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/28

VR Ping Pong - $5.24 - 65% Off - $3.74 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28

Waddle Home - $6.99 - 30% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Weeping Doll - $3.99 - 60% Off - $2.99 - 70% Off - Ends 8/28

The new releases:

Domino Craft VR - $9.99

Vroom Kaboom - $19.99

Have you guys had much success avoiding the “out of play area” message? Every time I want to play VR I have to scoot my couch way up (for seated experiences). I don’t really mind moving my coffee table and/or couch out of the way for a game that requires standing, but it really irritates me that I have to move everything up closer to play seated games even though the headset’s cable is long enough to reach the couch in it’s normal position

Have you guys had much success avoiding the “out of play area” message? Every time I want to play VR I have to scoot my couch way up (for seated experiences). I don’t really mind moving my coffee table and/or couch out of the way for a game that requires standing, but it really irritates me that I have to move everything up closer to play seated games even though the headset’s cable is long enough to reach the couch in it’s normal position
Can you move the camera to your coffee table?

Do you have any office or kitcher chairs you can move into that space for seated games?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/16/celebrating-3-million-ps-vr-systems-sold/

PSVR has reached 3 million sales, which is great. They announced that Creed: Rise to Glory will be out 9/25 and Evasion is out 10/9 with pre-orders starting today. They also revealed the top ten most played PSVR games:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
  2. PlayStation VR Worlds
  3. Rec Room
  4. Resident Evil 7 biohazard
  5. The Playroom VR
  6. Job Simulator
  7. Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  8. Batman: Arkham VR
  9. Farpoint
  10. Superhot VR

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/15/unearthing-mars-2-launches-september-18-for-ps-vr/

Unearthing Mars 2 is coming to PSVR on 9/18 with Aim controller support for $19.99. Hope this one is actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzpnlFVgxI0

I have no clue what is really going on in that Unearthing Mars 2 game but it looks pretty cool.  Sucks with AIM games I have to wait to see if they support left handed mode before even considering them.

There are some new deals as part of the big sale from yesterday:

Crisis on the Planet of the Apes - $9.89 - 34% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
The Invisible Hours - $14.99 - 50% Off - $10.19 - 66% Off - Ends 8/28
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - $13.49 - 10% Off - Ends 8/23
Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 8/28

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol.1 - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol.2 - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 8/28
Resident Evil 7 biohazard - End of Zoe - $13.49 - 10% Off - $11.99 - 20% Off - Ends 8/28
Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 8/28
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration - $20.99 - 65% Off - $14.99 - 75% Off - Ends 8/28
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $11.24 - 25% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 8/28

Recently all out of sudden I started getting dizzy when I play PSVR games.  I never had the issue in the beginning but I guess when my body is not 100% it could happen.  A good sign/warning for me to watch my health...

Feels like it's been awhile since I've posted in this thread. I sent my headset in for repair and the replacement should finally be arriving sometime today. Just wanted to say I'm excited about Torn (8/28) and Transference (9/18). These are the kind of AAA narrative experiences I've been hoping for in VR (as long as it lives up to expectations).

Also, I saw that the new Summer Lesson double pack (threesome?) is available overseas. Unfortunately it translates to about $70 here ($80 on HK PSN, $100 on eBay). The first one was kinda fun but way too short and barebones to ever justify its price. Yet I still want it.

Well, I did it, I bought Bravo Team despite the reviews. It's on sale for $22 on Amazon and I had a bunch of points to use so I figured what the hell. I don't think it will be that bad, but if it is, at least I can sell it and make my money back.
So how was it?

What was wrong with your headset that it needed repair?  Did you send it directly to Sony or did you use a 3rd party service?  And if you don't mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the repair?

Ever since I got it, I noticed cosmetic scratches on the lenses (it didn't come with plastic covers protecting them). I put up with that, but then I noticed a missing pixel in my left hand view (out of my right eye). It was hard to notice except when the screen goes bright white and then it stands out as a green dot. PSVR comes with a 1-year warranty, so as long as you have your original receipt, you can ship it back to Sony directly for repair (they told me they usually just send a replacement instead). No charge (they send you a box with prepaid shipping), and so far, it seems to have gone pretty smoothly. I guess I'll find out once I receive the unit today.

Edit: All good on the Western front!

bread's done
Back