Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Work just bought me a physical copy of Moss. Not really, but that’s how I’m choosing to look at it. I won a $25 retail gift card in a drawing and chose Best Buy. With GCU and $1 pickup discount the total came to $24.99 after tax. So I even have $.01 to spend on something else.

I was just looking over this week's The Drop and it seems there's 6 new PSVR games coming out next week, which seems a bit excessive. I'm interested in all of them but one (Trickster VR -- looks like shite), but probably won't end up getting any of them because I don't have any money and 20% off codes are scarce.

Blind
The Door
Downward Spiral: Horus Station
Transference
Trickster VR: Dungeon Crawler
Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War

My wishlist just keeps getting huger and I keep getting more depressed.

https://twitter.com/enhance_exp/status/1041703435148484608
What does "yours forever" mean? Is this a reference to something I don't understand? Otherwise, I kind of assume things I buy digitally are mine forever (yes, it's naive I know), so it's kind of an insulting way to put it. When terminology like this is used, "yours forever" actually makes me think they are giving it away - which seems highly unlikely.

What does "yours forever" mean? Is this a reference to something I don't understand? Otherwise, I kind of assume things I buy digitally are mine forever (yes, it's naive I know), so it's kind of an insulting way to put it. When terminology like this is used, "yours forever" actually makes me think they are giving it away - which seems highly unlikely.
It's not a conspiracy. Yours Forever is the song from the trailer that everybody obsessed about, so it's a pun.

https://twitter.com/enhance_exp/status/1041762370312273920

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr8fVT_Ds4Q

And ironically enough, digital purchases aren't really "yours forever", though I'm not trying to reignite that old debate again.  :whistle2:

Newegg currently has 20% of “accessories”, which includes the Firewall Zero Hour Aim Controller Bundle with code BTEPYEX36. Never been able to post a Newegg link so just search PPSSDQTTPNXQIQ to see eligible items

Newegg currently has 20% of “accessories”, which includes the Firewall Zero Hour Aim Controller Bundle with code BTEPYEX36. Never been able to post a Newegg link so just search PPSSDQTTPNXQIQ to see eligible items
ERROR Code BTEPYEX36 cannot be used with your email address...

So it seems that they're re-releasing Accounting+ again, this time for more platforms and with new levels. It'll be a free update for previous owners of the PSVR version. No date set yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EbZ12c0Ccg

Not sure how I feel about this because the existing version is already a very tight experience. They would have been better off making a new game instead. But maybe now we'll find this "secret zoo level" that's been teased since the beginning.

In case anyone is interested in a physical copy Tetris Effect will get released in Japan.It is supposed to be the only physical copy released in the world.

So it seems that they're re-releasing Accounting+ again, this time for more platforms and with new levels. It'll be a free update for previous owners of the PSVR version. No date set yet.

Not sure how I feel about this because the existing version is already a very tight experience. They would have been better off making a new game instead. But maybe now we'll find this "secret zoo level" that's been teased since the beginning.
Wish they would just make it physical :/

Also, if anyone collects physical PSVR games we have a full list and group that constantly updates the page on Facebook with over 200 members if anyone is interested.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2065365193697343/

With level select I suppose it will at least be easy to find them. If it's free I doubt there will be extra trophies but worth a reinstall.

Target is doing a b1g1 30% off on console games. You can cancel one of the games as usual and get a discount on one game.

It says 30% off preorder but that's not quite the case.

*Should work this time*
Newegg has 20% off select games and accessories including the Firewall Zero Hour Aim bundle. Last time I posted it turned out to be a targeted code. This time it shouldn’t be. Free shipping.
Code is EMCPYRY35. Promo code expires at 11:59PM PT on 9/30/18
Also eligible is the Doom psvr bundle. At $240 after discount I’m not sure that it’s the best deal there’s been on a psvr yet, but it’s probably the best available at the moment

*Should work this time*
Newegg has 20% off select games and accessories including the Firewall Zero Hour Aim bundle. Last time I posted it turned out to be a targeted code. This time it shouldn’t be. Free shipping.
Code is EMCPYRY35. Promo code expires at 11:59PM PT on 9/30/18
Also eligible is the Doom psvr bundle. At $240 after discount I’m not sure that it’s the best deal there’s been on a psvr yet, but it’s probably the best available at the moment
Link?

General consensus on Astrobot seems to be pretty positive. The Facebook PSVR group I'm in is super negative and critical of everything and most of the posts coming out of there are positive about it, so I may grab it today. 

Didn't even know anything about Astrobot, but after reading about it and it's getting comparisons to Mario 64 and Moss, chances are I will snag it as well so thanks for posting about it.  I haven't really touched PSVR in quite a while.

I did like the Astrobot little level thing where you collect a bunch of little guys on the Playroom VR thing (I think it was that).  

Didn't even know anything about Astrobot, but after reading about it and it's getting comparisons to Mario 64 and Moss, chances are I will snag it as well so thanks for posting about it. I haven't really touched PSVR in quite a while.

I did like the Astrobot little level thing where you collect a bunch of little guys on the Playroom VR thing (I think it was that).
Yeah it appears to basically be a fully fleshed out game based on that Playroom VR level. It looks like they expanded on the core concept of it being a platformer with innovative VR-based ways to interact and assist the robot to move through the levels. The trailers for it look great, and it's only $32 with GCU at Best Buy so I'm definitely getting it.

Yeah it appears to basically be a fully fleshed out game based on that Playroom VR level. It looks like they expanded on the core concept of it being a platformer with innovative VR-based ways to interact and assist the robot to move through the levels. The trailers for it look great, and it's only $32 with GCU at Best Buy so I'm definitely getting it.
Yeah I was just reading more reviews and decided I'm going to pick it up at Walmart in a couple hours when I run out on my lunch break.

Playroom VR has a sort of "demo" you can play free for Astro Bot. Astro Bot has a 90 metacritic across 14 reviews at this point and has been called everything from a "solid low key platformer with cool VR design" (Destructoid) to "the greatest VR game ever" (numerous VR blogs). Bottom line is that as long as you don't hate platformers.

Personally, as a platformer fan, this will probably be my favorite game for PSVR until the gauntlet of fall releases fights for that title. Unfortunately my system is in for repairs so I won't be able to play until my unit is returned.

Just popped in to say that Firewall Zero Hour is pretty impressive guys.  I'm still trying to figure out how much of a gimmick VR is in general, but if it's a gimmick, that game does it really well.

Just popped in to say that Firewall Zero Hour is pretty impressive guys. I'm still trying to figure out how much of a gimmick VR is in general, but if it's a gimmick, that game does it really well.
I think enough good games have released at this point to justify it's existence as more than a gimmick, though I could understand why people would believe it is. If every game had the same "hook" and it was a one trick pony type of thing I would consider it a gimmick. But at this point we have gotten excellent games across several genres that each use VR technology in different ways. Firewall is fairly straightforward in it's execution but does it well, while games like Moss implement VR into a 3rd person platformer in unique fashion. You have games like Wipeout VR and Resident Evil 7 that adapt to and execute flawlessly in VR from a previously "flat" perspective, and other unique experiences like Superhot that play completely differently and arguably much better because of VR.

I used to think VR was a gimmick myself until I tried it, then I was pretty much blown away.  Then a couple weeks later I bought V2 PSVR when it first came out and now I have probably 10 or 12 games on PSVR that are great experiences, some of them being my favorite games of all time.  It's definitely not a gimmick in my eyes when there are that many games that are great experiences on it.  

I wish we had more games like Statik, that game was a unique experience that I wanted more of.

I can't find astro bot physical anywhere near me. This is crazy. Do you think it will be in stock physically at best buy soon or should I pay full price on amazon..

I noticed yesterday that Astro Bot wasn't at any GameStops like around my work, but they were at the ones near my house and to the east.  Then I also saw that only some Best Buy's had it and not the ones that were right around me.  The Walmart I got mine at didn't have them out on the shelf but I asked a guy if they had it and he was like "is it a VR game?" and I told him yeah so he checked in the back then came out with the box.  So he had seen it there.  I do wonder if there was some kind of shipping issue with this game or something. 

I unfortunately did not get a chance to play it last night though so I can't give any input about the game yet.

Only one Best Buy out of like 5 in my entire town got copies of Astrobot in stock, I would have had to drive to San Antonio about 50 miles away to do a store pickup if that one had not gotten them. Don't know why the distribution to stores was so low but hopefully we don't have another job simulator situation on our hands.  

Gonna wait a bit before picking up Astro Bot on disc.  Practically every PSVR game that gets a physical release ends up going on clearance within a few months.  I don't know what that says about PSVR, but it seems like waiting is the right move.

Gonna wait a bit before picking up Astro Bot on disc. Practically every PSVR game that gets a physical release ends up going on clearance within a few months. I don't know what that says about PSVR, but it seems like waiting is the right move.
you're gonna regret that when Astro Bot goes OOP and new sealed copies sell for $450 on ebay

Due to all of the comments, I just purchased Astro bot for store pick up. I was trying to wait until BF.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back