Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I caved and picked up the GameStop-exclusive just because I wanted a physical copy and I don't trust GameStop to still have sealed copies once the price drops.  Haven't played it yet, but I watched a YouTube video that was recorded last week when someone got a copy from PSN before it was pulled.  Looks pretty good.  Though, it only has 11 trophies and no plat.  :(

I am so mad that The Next Generation DLC appears to be one of the "will never go on sale" variety. Bought Star Trek Bridge Crew just before they announced it and now it looks like eventually I will have to bite the bullet and pay full price. But I will hold out a little longer in the hopes I am wrong.

Has anybody been keeping up the list of physical disc VR games for region 1?

Seems like a whole bunch of them just came out in quick succession after a bit of a draught.

I have 4 levels left in the main story of Astro Bot and I'm kind of sad that I only have 4 left.  There are like 3-4 levels I have to go back to and get a bot or chameleon that I missed, but other than that I really don't have much reason to go back to previous levels, unless something opens up after you beat it.  I do still have most of the challenge levels left though so at least I have that.  I really hope they already have a sequel in the works because it's day one for me!

I have 4 levels left in the main story of Astro Bot and I'm kind of sad that I only have 4 left. There are like 3-4 levels I have to go back to and get a bot or chameleon that I missed, but other than that I really don't have much reason to go back to previous levels, unless something opens up after you beat it. I do still have most of the challenge levels left though so at least I have that. I really hope they already have a sequel in the works because it's day one for me!
I'm on world 4 and doubt there's another VR game that will compete with Astro Bot for a while. If it weren't for Red Dead I'd probably consider the rest of the year downhill at this point. Thankfully the challenge levels aren't phoned in at all and are great at giving the game the needed boost in content. Definitely gonna plat this one though.

Heads up Sony is sending out $10 codes for any ps store purchase in psvr birthday email. Seems semi targeted to psvr owners.
Was pleasantly surprised to have received this.

Somewhat unrelated, does anyone know if BL2 VR is going to be getting a physical release?

i got the code and decided to buy Home Sweet Home

i think 30 was too much but with this code knocking it down to 20 I couldn't resist because i wanted a horror game for halloween

Man, Paranormal Activity really gets to me. I don't have a problem with tangible monsters, but ghosts can freak me out. Nothing much has happened, but just standing in the house with the thought of ghosts is frightening.

I've gone back to it three times, but each time I stop after fifteen minutes. I suppose doing that I'll eventually finish it.

Of course I'd buy Superhot VR the day before the $10 code gets sent out.

Any suggestions for good VR games that are on sale? My Plus expires in less than 24 hours of this post.

I watched review vids for a couple hours of many of the VR titles on sale so that I could pick up a few.

I feel like I may have found one hidden gem in Mortal Blitz. Looks like a time crisis type of game but in VR. Just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone else who may look into it. I have not had time to actually play it but I’m excited to try it soon.

I feel like I may have found one hidden gem in Mortal Blitz. Looks like a time crisis type of game but in VR. Just thought I’d throw it out there to anyone else who may look into it. I have not had time to actually play it but I’m excited to try it soon.
I picked this up the last time it was on sale and have played a bit of it. It's pretty fun. You can duck behind cover in the game and stick your arm out to blind fire.

PSVR: HALLOWEEN EDITION (PART 2)

Kona: I've always wanted to play a walking simulator in VR -- something like Firewatch would be perfectly suited to the medium -- and the experience does not disappoint. I never played this game before, but it seemed to me that VR mode simplified things a lot; you use teleport spots to get around (you can also switch to full locomotion with comfort mode in the options) so it's possible to get through the story without exploring the far reaches of the map. It took me about 4 hours to complete, but afterwards I looked at the trophy list and realized I missed a TON of collectibles that aren't accessible through teleportation (including one game spanning trophy which involves not using any vehicles). Narratively, the experience feels complete in VR (you basically get in your truck, drive around to locations, explore and find clues), but I always have to option to revisit it closer in 2D. My major complaint is the graphics, which look serviceable from afar, but writing (such as journal entries) are illegible up close. However, it gets an easy recommend from me, especially if you were already interested in the game prior to the VR patch.

Torn: The first thing I did when I started was turn on full locomotion (with segmented turning); believe me, it's the best way to play because teleporting sucks in this game and ruins immersion. I ended up playing the entire 6 hour campaign in one sitting without ever taking off the headset, and I never felt more comfortable in VR. Storywise, you're exploring an old mansion and discovering secrets. The bulk of gameplay involves using a wand device which emits a laser (not unlike a Ghostbusters proton stream) in order to move and manipulate objects at a distance. Most of the puzzles are repetitive and require matching patterns or activating pressure pads to proceed. While the game is beautiful to look at, my only issue is with how easy it is, and there is a lot of hand-holding throughout. Also, while it has a dark fantasy-mystery atmosphere, it's not spooky at all. Despite an ending which undermines everything that came before, I really enjoyed this game and would recommend it for $15 or less.

Transference: This isn't currently on sale, but I used my 20% code towards it anyway. I won't mince words here. The game is a massive disappointment. Especially coming off the demo, which is a terrifying experience in itself. The main complaint is the length, which takes an average of 2 hours (my second playthrough took me 30 minutes). I remember Elijah Wood claimed that this would "bridge the gap between film and games" but aside from some live-action video footage scattered throughout, it's no different than any other first-person psychological horror game. Gamewise, it takes place in an apartment building and you switch between two worlds/timelines using light switches. It never quite reaches the potential to be something like P.T., and the story is hardly explained so by the time it ended, I was left feeling confused and unsatisfied. Still, it's a worthy effort as long as you know what you're getting into. I would recommend it at a $10 price point. (Also, even if you buy the game, download the "Walter Test Case" demo which is a separate standalone experience and adds 15 minutes playtime to the grand total).

I have a few other horror-themed VR games I want to get to before the end of the month, but I'm running out of time. Not sure if there'll be a part 3.

---

EDIT: Oh, and there's a new trailer out for Accounting+ Director's Cut, which I'm assuming will come as a free update for PSVR later today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlsWaMkKMtM

The changelog for the new Accounting+ update is pretty good. It just says "A whole new game."

There's a new deal today to coincide with the update:

Accounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Ends 10/31

Hmm...so there's driving involved in Kona? I was thinking about getting it, but driving games (like Driveclub) tend to make me nauseous.
There is light driving involved, but it's got comfort mode applied so it didn't give me any issues. Pretty cool to wander around locations and then jump back into my truck and take off.

Of course I'd buy Superhot VR the day before the $10 code gets sent out.

Any suggestions for good VR games that are on sale? My Plus expires in less than 24 hours of this post.
There's a new deal today to coincide with the update:

Accounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Ends 10/31
Sounds like a perfect use of $10. One of my favoritest VR games to date.

For those of you who use headphones with the VR what is the best way to get all the sound through the headset and not through my surround sound speakers? Even when I muted my receiver the sound in my headset volume seemed really low. I can’t seem it find the sweet spot yet with headphones on. Any tips?

For those of you who use headphones with the VR what is the best way to get all the sound through the headset and not through my surround sound speakers? Even when I muted my receiver the sound in my headset volume seemed really low. I can’t seem it find the sweet spot yet with headphones on. Any tips?
Two things come to mind:

1. There is a volume control on the cord of the PSVR headset. You may already be aware of this, but you'd be surprised how many people aren't.

2. When I got my 2nd pair of headphones (RIG4VR by Plantronics), I was surprised by how poor the audio was. Then I realized it was so poor because the cord wasn't quite plugged in all the way. Even though it felt like it was, it wasn't quite. Make sure the connection isn't loose at all.

Thanks that must be it as I was adjusting the volume on my headset and didn’t realize there’s a volume control for them on the cable of the VR headset.

The volume buttons are right below the power button that turns on the headset.

psvr-review4.jpg

Started playing The Inpatient tonight. Played for about 15 min. Luckily my girlfriend had to go to work so I had to get out of the game. I say luckily because it was already starting to make me a little sick. Wasn’t queasy in my stomach yet but my head was starting to hurt and my mouth was starting to water. There isn’t even much movement in the game. Supermassive Games must really be bad at motion in VR. The most sick I’ve been in VR yet has been from the first level of Rush of Blood. I can play Wipeout just fine. Only played the tutorial of Doom so far but was fine in it. Games like Farpoint and AZ Sunshine get to me eventually, but The Inpatient was way faster than it should have been. Going to try again probably Saturday night

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/10/18/sale-of-the-dead-save-up-to-50-on-spook-tacular-games/

The Exorcist VR finally goes on sale tomorrow. Guess what fucking idiot already spent a 20% off code on it and could have saved an additional $6 if he waited another 7 days?

giphy.gif

I wish I was dead.
LOL you are easily the funniest guy on the forum

Started playing The Inpatient tonight. Played for about 15 min. Luckily my girlfriend had to go to work so I had to get out of the game. I say luckily because it was already starting to make me a little sick. Wasn’t queasy in my stomach yet but my head was starting to hurt and my mouth was starting to water. There isn’t even much movement in the game. Supermassive Games must really be bad at motion in VR. The most sick I’ve been in VR yet has been from the first level of Rush of Blood. I can play Wipeout just fine. Only played the tutorial of Doom so far but was fine in it. Games like Farpoint and AZ Sunshine get to me eventually, but The Inpatient was way faster than it should have been. Going to try again probably Saturday night
dammit i was planning on buying it tomorrow, but i'm one of these light weights that gets motion sickness easily

Here are the new deals from the Sale of the Dead:

Bloody Zombies - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 11/2

The Brookhaven Experiment - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 11/2

Dead Secret - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

Dying: Reborn Ultimate Bundle - $9.99 - 60% Off - $7.49 - 70% Off - Ends 11/2

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 22% Off - Ends 11/2

The Inpatient - $15.99 - 20% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/2

The Persistence - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 1 - $5.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Banned Footage Vol 2 - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - Season Pass - $17.99 - 40% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - End of Zoe - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/2

Sneaky Bears - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/2

Looking for insight/feedback on a few sale items:

I'm looking for other Aim controller games besides Arizona Sunshine and Far Point and was eyeing The Perfect Sniper VR. Any thoughts?

Non-Aim controller games, I was looking at Blasters of the Universe and Pixel Ripped 1989. Blasters looks like a standard stationary wave-based shooter, but it looks quirky and funny.

Pixel Ripped looks like an amazing mish mash of genres and situations. Is it just a good trailer or a great game?

I personally thought Arizona Sunshine was awful.  I think I'm in the minority but the environments are dull and the controls are clunky as all hell.  The sound is also lacking big time.  The tracking is also pretty poor compared to Farpoint.  I just found the game extremely boring.

Just to note, I played AZ Sunshine after playing Farpoint.  Had I played Farpoint first, maybe my opinion would have been better.  If you are expecting anything in the realm of Farpoint though, be ready for disappointment.  It's one of those games though that I wished I had never bought.

The changelog for the new Accounting+ update is pretty good. It just says "A whole new game."
I played a couple hours last night. It's basically the same content (some of the level design has been changed slightly, and might have new dialogue snuck in here and there). The biggest new level can be accessed through the door in the office once you've completed the game once (you'll notice the lock from the door on the floor -- just throw something at it to open it). That's how you access the "space" level which is its own little self-contained puzzle. The other new content is unlocked during your "inception" playthrough and seems to be broken because you can't access it past a certain point. There's also a bit with the level loader that has to do with a missing cartridge (which is just out of reach). I've been active on the CCC discord and it's uncertain whether this is all intentional design or not (the devs are cagey as ever), but no one has figured it out yet. Might be worth waiting until they push out another update to fix all the bugs.

Also, FYI: there are 4 new bronze trophies added on as DLC content. They consist of "trick shots" and can easily be completed in less than 5 minutes.

I personally thought Arizona Sunshine was awful. I think I'm in the minority but the environments are dull and the controls are clunky as all hell. The sound is also lacking big time. The tracking is also pretty poor compared to Farpoint. I just found the game extremely boring.

Just to note, I played AZ Sunshine after playing Farpoint. Had I played Farpoint first, maybe my opinion would have been better. If you are expecting anything in the realm of Farpoint though, be ready for disappointment. It's one of those games though that I wished I had never bought.
To be honest, no Aim controller game compares to Farpoint..

any thoughts on brookhaven or dead secret?
I have all the VR games from this latest sale aside from The Persistence (still too expensive). Brookhaven is a pretty tough static wave shooter, only notable if you have an Aim controller. Dead Secret is kind of like a point and click adventure in VR. It's a mystery narrative with "multiple" endings, but not too difficult to get through.

Did you ever end up getting Home Sweet Home?

I bought Dick Wilde, The Brookhaven Experiment, Psychonauts, and Happy Drummer. I played Dick Wilde for a bit and liked it. Brookhaven was kind of dull. Maybe it gets better once I unlock more guns and attachments. I played both with an Aim controller.

I haven't tried the other two yet.

The ghosts and goblins level in Astro Bot is one of the coolest levels I’ve ever played in any game. It’s just so damn cool.
So outside of the bundle, was Astro Bot just a limited physical release or something?

Amazon shows 1-2 month wait, Best buy says sold out and wont even sell online..

I do want it but I guess i'll wait for a digital sale.

bread's done
Back