Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't logged into CAG in forever, but it's getting to be that season.

Should I be looking to pick up a PSVR today (or something like the Gear) or be waiting for Black Friday?

But if you know of a great deal today...I'd be down. Haven't found anything too stellar right now.
FWIW, I'm in the same boat and am waiting for BF. Haven't seen a compelling deal on a PSVR bundle in the month or two that I've been watching.

Was hoping for $100 off for BF, but they just released those new bundles. Guessing $50 off might be the best we see. Pure speculation obviously.

I just started Resident Evil 7 about 20 minutes ago.

Now I’m here, my PS4 is off and all the lights in the house are on.

I just started Resident Evil 7 about 20 minutes ago.

Now I’m here, my PS4 is off and all the lights in the house are on.
It's really hard for me to say what my Favorite VR experience is, but RE7 is tied at the top of the list. Man I loved every second of that game. I would sometimes have to talk myself into playing it. I'd also make excuses to myself to NOT play it because I knew it was going to be stressful to play. I jumped like a little bitch probably a dozen times in that game, but I loved every second of it. Stick with it because it's such an awesome experience.

Best Buy now shows Nov 16 when it should be the 9th for release day. Edit: for Tetris Effect

It's really hard for me to say what my Favorite VR experience is, but RE7 is tied at the top of the list. Man I loved every second of that game. I would sometimes have to talk myself into playing it. I'd also make excuses to myself to NOT play it because I knew it was going to be stressful to play. I jumped like a little bitch probably a dozen times in that game, but I loved every second of it. Stick with it because it's such an awesome experience.
I'm maybe 2 hours in and just can't do it. Will maybe get to it before the end of the year but won't buy any other horror games until it's beat as I have all the DLC too. Maybe Astro Bot can balance it out.

I'm maybe 2 hours in and just can't do it. Will maybe get to it before the end of the year but won't buy any other horror games until it's beat as I have all the DLC too. Maybe Astro Bot can balance it out.
Omce Im done with rdr story I think Im going to give res evil another shot. I got about 20 min in as well
Haha, yeah. I ended up pulling an all nighter and playing my longest single session ever. The key to getting over those initial fears is to die a few times so you're not afraid of "death" anymore. It's just really aggressive and characters will JUMP out at your face, which can be disorienting at first. Once you get past the shock factor, it's definitely one of the most complete VR experiences to date. No other horror game has really matched up to its intensity.

Haha, yeah. I ended up pulling an all nighter and playing my longest single session ever. The key to getting over those initial fears is to die a few times so you're not afraid of "death" anymore. It's just really aggressive and characters will JUMP out at your face, which can be disorienting at first. Once you get past the shock factor, it's definitely one of the most complete VR experiences to date. No other horror game has really matched up to its intensity.
There is a part in RE7 that I kept an extra save slot for that is later on in the game. You unlock this door and there is absolutely no lights in the next few rooms, and you have a flashlight instead. Man that whole section is intense as shit and fun to show off to other people as a demo of the game. It's creepy as shit.

I will say though by the end of the game you are so used to it and the latter part of the game simply isn't that scary at all compared to the early parts.

I will say though by the end of the game you are so used to it and the latter part of the game simply isn't that scary at all compared to the early parts.
Yeah, man.
I don't think I'll ever get over the initial shock of being attacked by your Evil Dead girlfriend or your first meeting with the hillbilly family straight out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That dude chasing you all over the house is definitely among the highlights/traumatizing events of my life. Good shit. :D

PSVR: HALLOWEEN EDITION (PART 3)

Bloody Zombies: This game is exactly what you think it's going to be -- no more, no less. A 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up played from a 3D perspective. All that means is you can move up closer to the characters, look left or right to see the entire course and find secrets that wouldn't easily be visible from a flat view. This novelty lasted up until the second level. Unfortunately, the difficulty ramps up quickly and I found myself frustrated and unable to progress past the fifth stage (about halfway through the game) without restarting. Since this is made for 1-4 players (obviously only one person can wear the headset at a time), I get the feeling the difficulty level remains the same across the board and that's why I keep getting overrun by baddies. Maybe I'll give it another shot some other time, but I can't really recommend it in its current state. An "easy" option would have been preferable.

The Exorcist: Legion VR: They had the rights to one of the scariest movie franchises of all time, how could they go wrong? For one, this feels like an almost bare-bones experience. With a game boasting 5 chapters (more like "scenes") at $29.99 regular price, you'd think it would be substantial, but you could probably race through the entire thing in under an hour. More importantly though, is it scary? Well, the first time you play and you don't know what to expect, it sure is. You'll wind up replaying each chapter several times for the glitchy trophies (there are optional objectives and a hidden puzzle in each chapter, not required for progression), so by the time I got 100%, it all felt very predictable. Also, it stinks that the game is called The Exorcist, but you're playing as a police detective. Yeah, you pick up a priest's gear, but the levels feel so disparate that it's hard to find a throughline or thread connecting the plot. I'm also very disappointed that there wasn't a Regan-like character in the game; who doesn't want to exorcise a little demon girl? However, this game gives you exactly what you want when it comes to holding out a cross and repeating "The power of Christ compels you!" over and over (not actually required for gameplay, but fun for added immersion). That being said, it's a decent game as long as you don't hold high expectations and you pay less than $15. Probably not as scary as Paranormal Activity or Don't Knock Twice due to the fact that it breaks immersion between chapters and there isn't really a lot to do beyond triggering events.

Resident Evil 7: Biohazard: There's a reason why I saved this one for last; because it makes every VR game I played before it look like a piece of shit. Since this wasn't built exclusively for VR, it actually feels like a real game, with engaging gameplay, moderate to challenging difficulty, and great big monster setpieces to shoot at. Moving around and aiming feels very natural and intuitive in VR and comfort settings help immensely when you're running about. I didn't get nauseous, but I did frequently get the eye sweats which fogged up my goggles, though that might have had more to do with terror. In short, it's everything you could want in VR horror. Of course, I could find some minor issues to nitpick: the VR to 2D video transitions break immersion at times, the lack of Move support, manual save stations (in 2017!), and your inventory space is never quite big enough to accommodate everything the game has to offer. Anyway, it's already been established, but this is a top 10 VR game. Definitely an easy recommend, unless you don't like things jumping out at your face (it can be intense at times). I've played through the main campaign (both endings) and I still have plenty of DLC to delve into in the Gold Edition, so this feels like the perfect way to close out the Halloween season.

(PART 1, PART 2)

FWIW, I'm in the same boat and am waiting for BF. Haven't seen a compelling deal on a PSVR bundle in the month or two that I've been watching.

Was hoping for $100 off for BF, but they just released those new bundles. Guessing $50 off might be the best we see. Pure speculation obviously.
well i know it was 100$ awhile ago i think to get rid of the 1.0 versions but also worked for the newer models too, but 50$ might be the best which means its not much of a point to wait or they just through in a couple of games or aim controller as a bf bundle

Omce Im done with rdr story I think Im going to give res evil another shot. I got about 20 min in as well
started it a couple of days ago, freaky but was pissed when i found out the aim controller doesnt work with it despite being told otherwise, so motivation died out, hopefully we get more good games for the controller since the last two for just average

The new deals for this week:

The American Dream - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13

Archangel - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Code51: Mecha Arena - $15.99 - 20% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/13

Eagle Flight - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13

Electronauts - $16.99 - 15% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/13

The Invisible Hours - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $$23.99 - 40% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

MLB Home Run Derby VR - $14.99 - 25% Off - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/13

Paper Dolls - $15.29 - 10% Off - Ends 11/13

PixelJunk VR Dead Hungry - $3.99 - 50% Off - Ends 11/1

Radial-G: Racing Revolved - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Raw Data - $27.99 - 30% Off - $15.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Space Rift: Episode 1 - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 11/13

Sprint Vector - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/13

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition - $17.99 - 40% Off - $5.99 - 80% Off - Ends 11/13

Werewolves Within - $13.19 - 34% Off - $6.59 - 67% Off - Ends 11/13

These continuing deals end later this week:

18 Floors - $11.24 - 25% Off - $9.74 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Accounting+ - $10.19 - 15% Off - Ends 10/31

Bloody Zombies - $6.74 - 55% Off - $5.24 - 65% Off - Ends 11/2

The Brookhaven Experiment - $6.99 - 65% Off - $4.99 - 75% Off - Ends 11/2

Dead Secret - $8.99 - 40% Off - $7.49 - 50% Off - Ends 11/2

The Exorcist: Legion VR Complete Series - $26.99 - 10% Off - $23.99 - 22% Off - Ends 11/2

The Inpatient - $15.99 - 20% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 11/2

Neverout - $6.79 - 15% Off - $5.99 - 25% Off - Ends 10/31

The Persistence - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - $22.49 - 25% Off - $19.49 - 35% Off - Ends 11/2

Sneaky Bears - $7.49 - 50% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 11/2

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood - $10.49 - 30% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 11/2

I have played many vr games now including re7 and far point. Anything I have to move around in like re7 or farpoint or paranormal activity makes me sick almost instantly. I played through moss, astrobot, static and a few others with no trouble. I am even multiple hours into farpoint and now I cant play it either. It seems like the first person aspect in vr really makes me sick. Anyone else experience this?

I really want to play re7 and that was one of my selling points for vr. It makes me sick when I walk towards any wall though.

Anybody played MLB Home Run Derby VR? Is it worth it at $10?
It's okay. I don't know if my setup caused this issue or if it was just the game, but the world rotated to the left slightly with every pitch, so after the second round I was facing 180 degrees away from my TV that made it really hard to play. It's light on content with three stadiums and one main mode, but it depends on how much you want a sports game.

Man, as if I couldn't be any more impressed with RE7, the DLC is outstanding. Everything feels uniquely created and not just rehashing the same old thing. Of particular note is "21," a game of high-stakes blackjack where you can lose more than just your hand. It feels like something straight out of Saw. There are also fun puzzle-oriented challenges, like Bedroom and Daughters. I think End of Zoe might be my favorite though; it's challenging due to the bare-knuckle nature of it (not to mention the crocodile-infested swamps), but oh so satisfying. I'm really getting a lot of VR mileage out of this game.

Target's BF add shows PSVR + Creed + Super Hot + 2 Move Controllers + Camera for $250.

That is a STEAL of a deal, even without the games I would be all over that if I didn't have a PSVR already.

So it appears as if Astro Bot is only hard to find at Best Buy.  Amazon has restocked so they ship right away, and my local Walmart just got a few more copies in.  I'd really like to use my GCU discount on it.....

I noticed Heavy Fire:Red Shadow is now shown as being available online and in store at Walmart. Most stores in my area are showing 2-3 copies available.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17236804

Is there a free shipping code available for gamestop? Wanting to place an order for a couple of VR games but don't want to pay shipping.
Never even knew this game existed until I saw this post. But I'm a sucker for buying physical disc media PSVR games. Anyone here play it and want to share their impressions with us?

I noticed Heavy Fire:Red Shadow is now shown as being available online and in store at Walmart. Most stores in my area are showing 2-3 copies available.

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=17236804

Is there a free shipping code available for gamestop? Wanting to place an order for a couple of VR games but don't want to pay shipping.
Nice, never heard this was coming out as well. Will definitely look into getting it.

I was feeling kinda depressed and not sure what to do with myself, so I fired up the Tetris Effect demo. I've got to say, I wasn't planning on buying this day 1 and...well, I'm still not planning on it, but it was cool to try. I hope there are more modes in the full version because it essentially felt like Tetris projected ahead of me with fancy visualizations and catchy music. It put me in a relaxed headspace, but I seem to remember the trailer showing off more and generally being more impressive. I think my main problem is that I'm so focused on the puzzle at hand that I don't even notice everything going on around me in the VRscape. Hope I'm wrong about it.

I finally got to play Dream Angling after months of wanting it.  I picked it up during the anniversary sale this year.  It's pretty much what I expected.  A charming fishing game with pretty visuals.  The graphics are amazing.  The controls are very easy to pick up quickly.  The game looks incredibly real, both in the menu and during gameplay.  I really love the environment in which you play.  It makes you feel like a child who imagines that he/she can shrink down and go fishing in his toy playset, which is exactly what I wanted it to be.  Did I mention how stunning the visuals are?

How much would all that be usually?
Well same bundle can be had for 350 atm. I bought mine around may this year for 200, only got Doom VFR + Camera, and i thought that was a good deal. Pair of moves are 100 at bestbuy, and if the games are discs, super hot did not get a physical release in NA i think.I bought an import for around 23 on amazon.

Target's BF add shows PSVR + Creed + Super Hot + 2 Move Controllers + Camera for $250.

That is a STEAL of a deal, even without the games I would be all over that if I didn't have a PSVR already.
That's my price, so I'm all in. Hopefully that's a Sony-initiated deal available at several retailers so I don't have to necessarily fight the hordes at Target!

I was feeling kinda depressed and not sure what to do with myself, so I fired up the Tetris Effect demo. I've got to say, I wasn't planning on buying this day 1 and...well, I'm still not planning on it, but it was cool to try. I hope there are more modes in the full version because it essentially felt like Tetris projected ahead of me with fancy visualizations and catchy music. It put me in a relaxed headspace, but I seem to remember the trailer showing off more and generally being more impressive. I think my main problem is that I'm so focused on the puzzle at hand that I don't even notice everything going on around me in the VRscape. Hope I'm wrong about it.
I've been playing more Tetris Effect and the addictive quality is starting to get to me. Plus, I discovered "Mystery Mode" tucked all the way at the bottom of the greyed out Effect Mode menu. It basically changes up the game by throwing random hacks at you like upside down mode, fractured blocks, oversized blocks and -- what I was hoping for all along -- close-up mode where the blocks are front and center and coming down at you at an angle. I wish there was a way to play the entire game in close-up mode in VR.

Also, I keep replaying the first level just so I can hear that song from the trailer over and over. The way the music responds to your input reminds me a lot of Thumper, especially when the controller starts thumping along with you. The game is starting to grow on me, but since every level is essentially the same thing with different graphics, I can't see myself paying full price for it. Thanks to the demo satisfying my curiosity, I can wait it out until it falls to a more respectable price point.

Just tried out Tetris Effect on PSVR. It’s neat, but I mean, it’s Tetris.  For some reason I expected it to be a bit different.  It's trippy which is kinda cool, but no chance I'd buy it.

Just tried out Tetris Effect on PSVR. It’s neat, but I mean, it’s Tetris. For some reason I expected it to be a bit different. It's trippy which is kinda cool, but no chance I'd buy it.
There's a bunch of modes and challenges to help but I do think it should probably be about half the current price. It's immersive but area x in Rez was still a lot cooler imo. I'm still getting it and the preorder theme looks great.

I’ve played probably a couple of hours of the Tetris demo. I like it, but as purbeast said, it’s Tetris. I liked it a lot more on early playthroughs when the music was still fresh. Having only a few levels in the demo it’s starting to get repetitive. I still look forward to buying it, but as with all games I’ll be waiting for a deep discount.

So it appears as if Astro Bot is only hard to find at Best Buy. Amazon has restocked so they ship right away, and my local Walmart just got a few more copies in. I'd really like to use my GCU discount on it.....
It's $30 (potentially less with elite/pro) preowned at GameStop if you can find one near you.

Tetris effect seems fun so far, debating a buy but man, hooking all my psvr crap back up was a hastle, wish I had the v2 so I could just keep the box connected at all times

Tetris effect seems fun so far, debating a buy but man, hooking all my psvr crap back up was a hastle, wish I had the v2 so I could just keep the box connected at all times
So why don't you get rid of that "psvr hastle"?....keeping something in the closet is not going to hook up itself you know, plus you would get some of that wasted money back.

Oh man, Astro Bot is fucking awesome. It feels like I'm playing a Pixar movie combined with the mechanics of Super Mario. It's positively delightful. Plus I'm encouraged to explore the VRspace for secrets, similar to Moss. Another Top 10 VR game in one week. :rofl:

Astro Bot is like the VR equivalent of going to Disneyland. I'm only through the 2nd world now (I like going back and trying to find all the secrets -- the auditory clues are key!) but I feel like I should document my thoughts now because it's so rare that I actually feel joy in my life. Just little touches like the first water level where you go under and then you emerge at the end and your headset is covered with seaweed (that you wear like dreadlocks). And that minecart/rollercoaster stage (which I feel must give Rush of Blood a run for its money) was just sensational and hypnotizing as it threw all these curves at you. And the boss battles are boss. They remind me of the excitement of playing arcade games back in the day. I feel like this is the #1 game to convince people to buy PSVR. It's not just a third person platformer, it also makes use of you and your headset in all these subtle, innovative ways.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on it for now...until I finish the next world. :cool:

Astro Bot is like the VR equivalent of going to Disneyland. I'm only through the 2nd world now (I like going back and trying to find all the secrets -- the auditory clues are key!) but I feel like I should document my thoughts now because it's so rare that I actually feel joy in my life. Just little touches like the first water level where you go under and then you emerge at the end and your headset is covered with seaweed (that you wear like dreadlocks). And that minecart/rollercoaster stage (which I feel must give Rush of Blood a run for its money) was just sensational and hypnotizing as it threw all these curves at you. And the boss battles are boss. They remind me of the excitement of playing arcade games back in the day. I feel like this is the #1 game to convince people to buy PSVR. It's not just a third person platformer, it also makes use of you and your headset in all these subtle, innovative ways.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on it for now...until I finish the next world. :cool:
I will await your post after you get to the "ghost and goblins" level in world 5. I look forward to it very much. It's one of the coolest levels I've ever played in any game ever in my life, and I turn 37 at the end of November.

just played the astro bot demo since I finally hooked psvr back up to try tetris, definitely picking it up when BB restocks

edit: just curious, has anyone asked an employee in store to see if they can order one ship to store out of the warehouse?

Oh my god, guys, this game is so beautiful. Just the colors alone are so vibrant and popping; VR has never looked better. Just finished up the third world and I really enjoyed the beach level where the waves lift and submerge you. Let me also take this time to say that the music is fantastic, it reminds me of Donkey Kong Country. Oh, and did I mention how much I adore BIG boss battles? I love games that give you such a huge scope and make you feel tiny. I'm starting to get a little sad because I realized there's only two worlds left and I know there's no other VR game out there that feels as polished as this experience. It's like the magic and wonder of Moss along with the puzzle-platforming of Along Together (a game I like but looks ugly compared to this). For now, I'm clearing all the bots/chameleons and attempting to finish the gold challenges before I proceed any further. I find a new appreciation for each detail every time I revisit a level. I can't get over how crisp and gorgeous the darker nighttime levels look. There's so much texture in the game, I could live in this space.

In my head, I keep wanting to call it Astro Bot Hunger Force.

Picked up Operation Warcade yesterday from Gamestop. They recently lowered the price of it and Apex Construct to $19.99 for "new" copies. Unfortunately it was an unsealed copy as usual. Anyone played Apex yet? Wondering if I should have picked it up also.

I also stopped by Wal-Mart and picked up Heavy Fire: Red Shadow. 

bread's done
Back