Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m undecided on Time Carnage and The American Dream. I’ve been wanting both for a while but the reviews I’ve seen are meh on both. I do have a 20% coupon from my rdr2 pro bundle I could throw at it. Decisions, decisions...
For whatever it's worth, I loved The American Dream and hated Time Carnage. American Dream is fun and weird, Time Carnage is about as generic a wave shooter as you can get.

I came here to say that Red Matter is the best short puzzle/adventure game on PSVR at around 3 hours long and Borderlands VR is exactly what you think you would be with almost no problems outside the noted lack of co-op, DLC, and Aim support which are kinda obnoxious omissions.
This is the first I've ever heard of Red Matter, so thanks for the recommendation.

I like the idea of Borderlands 2 VR, but not @ $49.99. I've already bought it twice (vanilla, and Handsome collection) before, so it's not like I "need" to play it right away.

It looks like Arizona Sunshine is down to $11.99 for PSN+, which seems to be the lowest price I recall (it's been $15.99 quite a few times.). I may finally have to pick it up.
watch some video on it lol game looks terrible

If I could give you my digital Arizona Sunshine for free I would just so you'd save the money.  It's a bad game IMO but some people loved it.  It's one of those games I wish I never bought, but I'm very glad I did not order the physical copy of it because of how much it was.  I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free.

I'm new in this topic, and I didn't think that I'll have the VR headset. Can someone give me an advice on games? I heard Tetris  and Doom are good. 

CVRuahfl.jpg

So, is there a reason you posted a pic of your QVC order? Then ask for suggestions on games, when you could just read the last 4 or 5 pages and see lists others have made of their favorite games. Your profile says veteran, but you don't act like one, with your flex pic and laziness.

So, is there a reason you posted a pic of your QVC order? Then ask for suggestions on games, when you could just read the last 4 or 5 pages and see lists others have made of their favorite games. Your profile says veteran, but you don't act like one, with your flex pic and laziness.
It's a different between good games and favorite games. Someone talked about aim controller. Tetris had good review, but It's easy to play?. Doom seem interesting, but I'm handless with the FPS. I just knew that Biohazard 7 had the VR option. I read a few pages back, but as usually I got more questions than answers.

About the QVC proof, I read in twitter, in this forum, Reddit and more places that QVC usually cancel order, bad customer service,and more bad things. At least, I want to show that they complete my order without any issue. They could request a sent it back to the sender like Amazon did with a few price mistake in the past.

Isn't there supposed to be some slow down effects or other enhancements for VR? Are any of those special other than just experiencing the game in VR itself?
There's a bullet time power that I think was added to accommodate slower paced move controls but I've played with DS4 and traditional FPS controls that have 1:1 parity with the 2D version.

This is the first I've ever heard of Red Matter, so thanks for the recommendation.
Having read your excellent reviews in the thread I think you'll like it. Price seems a bit steep at 25 bucks for 3 hours and move controls are bit sluggish but after turning anti-aliasing off and smooth locomotion on I think it's about perfect for what it is.

I'm new in this topic, and I didn't think that I'll have the VR headset. Can someone give me an advice on games? I heard Tetris and Doom are good.
I don't have first hand experience, but I heard Doom VFR for PSVR isn't very good and gives a lot of people motion sickness.

My top recs:
- Superhot (must have)
- Astrobot
- SuperHyperCube

- Statik

- Battlefront X-wing mission (it's just a single mission add-on to the game, but it's pretty awesome).

I haven't tried, but I will probably get based on positive reivews:
- Sprint Vector (on sale right now)

- Tetris Effect
- Beat Saber

I'm also looking forward to Ace Combat 7, but I'll wait for the reviews.

I enjoyed what I did play of Doom VFR. I played with full-locomotion on and never experienced motion sickness, but my cousin did when he tried it.  My only complaint is that they never released the left-handed patch for the AIM controller.

I tried Tetris Effect for a bit last night. It's Tetris. The tetris game field floats in front of you while colorful effects and other things happen in the rest of your field of view and music seems to be synced to your gameplay. Supposedly, there are a lot of gameplay effects that can happen, like flipping the board, etc. but I didn't experience any when I tried it. I enjoyed it, though.

So far I've played Rez, Wipeout, and most recently Farpoint.  Unfortunately I start to get nausious almost immediately.  I couldn't even make it past the first level of Farpoint without feeling sick.  Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening or am I just out of luck?

From what I hear, just give it time.  It's kind of like getting your sea legs, over time you get used to it.  Until then, there are likely some options in the games that may help, like teleportation and click-turning instead of full locotion.  I know there's an option in WipEout that will have you play with a large helmet-like thing on your hear that is supposed to help.  Also try playing more stationary games at the start and move onto games where you move later on after you've gotten more used to it.

'flex pic' love it.
Insert Cyborg and beast boy
SICK BURN!!!!

I turned on Beat Saber for the first time since 2 weekends ago and there is a new son.  I'm not a fan of the song at all unfortunately and hope that is not a sign of the types of songs to come.  It's like my least favorite song of the entire game at this point.

And damn, I don't know if I'll ever get the 15 full combos on expert.  I just finished all of them on hard (except the 6+ minute long song) and those were not too bad but the expert ones are on another level.  I can barely get an S grade too on most levels.

I turned on Beat Saber for the first time since 2 weekends ago and there is a new son. I'm not a fan of the song at all unfortunately and hope that is not a sign of the types of songs to come. It's like my least favorite song of the entire game at this point.

And damn, I don't know if I'll ever get the 15 full combos on expert. I just finished all of them on hard (except the 6+ minute long song) and those were not too bad but the expert ones are on another level. I can barely get an S grade too on most levels.
I think console versions of this are gonna stall hard if they don't get licensing from Sony for umbrella songs under their company, but they'll probably still get the initial sale then frustrated customers so I guess it lines up

So far I've played Rez, Wipeout, and most recently Farpoint. Unfortunately I start to get nausious almost immediately. I couldn't even make it past the first level of Farpoint without feeling sick. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening or am I just out of luck?
Keep yourself cool. Play with a fan blowing on you. It even helps to have a damp towel draped over your neck (I prefer the kind they sell in the exercise & hiking departments that are specifically for that purpose). The hotter I get, the faster my VR sickness sets in. Also don’t play tired. If your eyes are heavy you are more prone to VR sickness. Last piece of advice is for Farpoint more specifically. You can try walking in place. VR sickness occurs for the same reason as motion sickness, what your eyes see and what your body/inner ear feels conflict with each other. Walking in place can help bridge the gap a little between reality and virtual reality. It only helps a little, but it helps. Staying cool helps a lot though!

I think console versions of this are gonna stall hard if they don't get licensing from Sony for umbrella songs under their company, but they'll probably still get the initial sale then frustrated customers so I guess it lines up
It's not happening. The devs have already talked about it and it's nothing more than a money and licensing issue to get it on the closed system.

Has Moss been discontinued? It’s been delisted from every retailer now. I still have yet to purchase it and may never own it at this point.

Gun Club VR Tempted to grab this for $20

I was trying to see if it has Aim support.. and looks like the devs say not at launch but is being planned?

This is awful news if true. Aside from Moss, this was the one I was anticipating most from Demo Disc 2.

Keep yourself cool. Play with a fan blowing on you. It even helps to have a damp towel draped over your neck (I prefer the kind they sell in the exercise & hiking departments that are specifically for that purpose). The hotter I get, the faster my VR sickness sets in. Also don’t play tired. If your eyes are heavy you are more prone to VR sickness. Last piece of advice is for Farpoint more specifically. You can try walking in place. VR sickness occurs for the same reason as motion sickness, what your eyes see and what your body/inner ear feels conflict with each other. Walking in place can help bridge the gap a little between reality and virtual reality. It only helps a little, but it helps. Staying cool helps a lot though!
I agree with all this. It takes time, but keeping yourself cool and calm helps loads (take anti-nausea if you got 'em). Even in the winter, I'll take off most layers before playing. Sitting (and not standing) during gameplay helps too. The other thing I'll add is don't play on an empty stomach. I don't get much motion sickness anymore, but I'll get a splitting headache after extended periods in VR if I haven't eaten all day.

Has Moss been discontinued? It’s been delisted from every retailer now. I still have yet to purchase it and may never own it at this point.
Please don't let the lack of physical stop you from enjoying this wonderful game.

I tried Tetris Effect for a bit last night. It's Tetris. The tetris game field floats in front of you while colorful effects and other things happen in the rest of your field of view and music seems to be synced to your gameplay. Supposedly, there are a lot of gameplay effects that can happen, like flipping the board, etc. but I didn't experience any when I tried it. I enjoyed it, though.
All of that stuff happens when you play "mystery mode" or Effect mode or whatever it's called. If you didn't experience any of that stuff you were probably just playing the regular campaign mode. In those extra modes crazy shit happens but it's actually pretty cool. For example, the board will sometimes zoom in super close to your face, it will sometimes flip the board upside down, or sometimes give you super giant pieces and you have to figure out how to deal with it. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it looks really cool in VR.

Sold out is essentially the same as delisted. I checked RSS yesterday and no stores have it nor are receiving any from the DC.
I'm seeing a handful of GameStop locations near me that have a preowned copy in stock, but New is completely gone.

I recall stock disappearing back in September, but then restock happened across all stores, but this time seems a bit different as 3rd party sellers are jackingnup prices, but could just be due to holidays as well.

I have a house full of junk i've collected.  I have a garage full of extra junk that won't fit in the house.  I have a shed full of junk that won't fit in the garage.  Don't be so dead-set on physical things.  It all becomes worthless at some point even though it was very valuable in the beginning.  I understand the reasons for wanting to own physical media over digital, but many of the reasons are people just fooling themselves because they are addicted to having stuff.

I'm seeing a handful of GameStop locations near me that have a preowned copy in stock, but New is completely gone.

I recall stock disappearing back in September, but then restock happened across all stores, but this time seems a bit different as 3rd party sellers are jackingnup prices, but could just be due to holidays as well.
If I remember correctly Moss was converted from New to Used at Gamestop a few months ago. There will be no new stock at any Gamestop, but you could find some very good condition used stock (even sealed) because it was converted.

Yeah, GS converted new to preowned a few months ago.

I haven't purchased Moss on principle. I just won't pay MSRP for a short 4-5 hour game, in this case $30. It never went on sale physically either. Yet Astrobot, an inherently better title, double the length, and is half price a few months after release.

This is CAG after all.

sweet, it's in stock right now, just picked it up

There's some shenanigans going on with amazon and Moss. I didn't buy it yesterday when it was in stock because something felt... off. Like I said, MSRP for a 4 hour game is not silly in my eyes. It needs to be a lot cheaper. But that was not the main issue.... around 8pm it was in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/26, overnight shipping comes 12/24.

At 10pm, it said in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/27. Overnight delivery was 12/26. Then it went out of stock.

Today it's back in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/26. So what happens to the people who ordered last night around 10p, they get screwed while people who order today get it quicker? Some shadiness is at play...

Says 18 in-stock (more on the way), so appears there should be plenty available.
it went from 19 went I ordered down to 14 already in the last 20 min, people are noticing it's in stock!

hopefully it keeps getting restocked for people that want it.

I actually ordered it for $22 after discount codes from gamestop yesterday, so happy to return it.

i understand its a short game but it's one of the must play VR titles from what i've looked up, so i don't mind.

it went from 19 went I ordered down to 14 already in the last 20 min, people are noticing it's in stock!

hopefully it keeps getting restocked for people that want it.

I actually ordered it for $22 after discount codes from gamestop yesterday, so happy to return it.

i understand its a short game but it's one of the must play VR titles from what i've looked up, so i don't mind.
I’ll rent it this weekend and beat it in a couple sititngs.

There's some shenanigans going on with amazon and Moss. I didn't buy it yesterday when it was in stock because something felt... off. Like I said, MSRP for a 4 hour game is not silly in my eyes. It needs to be a lot cheaper.
It doesn't "need" to be anything. The game can't stay on shelves at retail price. You're just the one who thinks it is not worth it, but plenty of people including myself and many people in this thread, think it's more than worth it.

There's some shenanigans going on with amazon and Moss. I didn't buy it yesterday when it was in stock because something felt... off. Like I said, MSRP for a 4 hour game is not silly in my eyes. It needs to be a lot cheaper. But that was not the main issue.... around 8pm it was in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/26, overnight shipping comes 12/24.

At 10pm, it said in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/27. Overnight delivery was 12/26. Then it went out of stock.

Today it's back in stock and 2 day delivery by 12/26. So what happens to the people who ordered last night around 10p, they get screwed while people who order today get it quicker? Some shadiness is at play...
It all depends where the stock is coming from. And when the shipment gets to them, i assume they are a little backlogged.
Ive seen trailers just sitting in the parking lot waiting for their turn to be unloaded at our P&DC (processing and distibution center) seen them sit for over a day before they move, and replaced by another trailer.

Its the time of the year, nothing goes as planned and everyone falls behind.

It doesn't "need" to be anything. The game can't stay on shelves at retail price. You're just the one who thinks it is not worth it, but plenty of people including myself and many people in this thread, think it's more than worth it.
I never said anything about worth. I just won’t pay MSRP for a short tech demo while real games they are much longer go on sale at lower prices.

I never said anything about worth. I just won’t pay MSRP for a short tech demo while real games they are much longer go on sale at lower prices.
You said it needs to be a lot cheaper. It doesn't. If it wasn't selling then I'd agree, but it's been out for nearly 9 months now and still selling for it's original price of $30. The digital version has also gone on sale.

And calling it a 'tech demo' is just stupid and again, false. But keep convincing yourself these reasons you continue to miss out on one of the best games on PSVR if it makes you feel better.

Tech demo? C'mon man. You are kidding yourself. If the game isn't worth it to you personally, it just isn't. That's fine. But it's not a tech demo, not even close.

Is it a "long" game in comparison to something like Spider-Man or Red Dead 2? No. Is it a complete, fully contained game? Yes. Tech demo implies that it is unfinished, lacks polish, and is missing key gameplay features that should be present in a finished product.

Think of it this way...Fallout 76, despite the supposed length, is less of a finished product than Moss. One will crash on you within 30 minutes of playing despite being 100 hours long. The other will offer you a heartfelt and complete 4 hour experience.

bread's done
Back