Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought my son the Super Hot VR bundle for Xmas.  He calls for me today to come watch something he's doing, and as I'm standing next to him he swings his arm out and hits me in the giggle berries.  This thing is going back asap.

1 hour 7 minutes.

That's how long Moss is. Beat it easily in one sitting. I will say it's a fun 'game'. Pleasant graphics and easy gameplay. Very glitchy and can go out of bounds easily.

Absolutely a tech demo in my eyes and not worth $30. I would say $10 max, my buy price would be $5.

Are there supposed to be 20% off PSN codes in these PSVR bundles? I thought someone had said there was but I don't see one in mine. Maybe I'm misremembering though.

I am sorry but moss is an awesome game. It is far more than a tech demo imo.

I do agree, it is fun and I enjoyed the storytelling aspect. I just can't call something that lasts one hour a true game. Since it's considered "book 1" and 'to be continued', I consider it to be a tech demo/proof of concept.

Are you claiming you beat Moss in one hour on your first play through?  I find that extremely hard to believe.

You can beat it in like an hour or so if you skip all cut scenes, speed through the book parts, know how to solve all puzzles prior, don't go out of your way to look for any scrolls, and basically do a speed run without dying.  I know because I got the final trophy by doing just that.

You also claim to like the story telling aspect which would infer you didn't skip the book parts/cut scenes.

Are you claiming you beat Moss in one hour on your first play through? I find that extremely hard to believe.

You can beat it in like an hour or so if you skip all cut scenes, speed through the book parts, know how to solve all puzzles prior, don't go out of your way to look for any scrolls, and basically do a speed run without dying. I know because I got the final trophy by doing just that.

You also claim to like the story telling aspect which would infer you didn't skip the book parts/cut scenes.

You are correct. First playthrough not knowing puzzles was 4 hours. Second was 1h7m.

Does the timer count cutscenes and the book or just actual playtime?

You are correct. First playthrough not knowing puzzles was 4 hours. Second was 1h7m.

Pretty misleading to imply the game takes an hour to play through then, as if someone coming into it cold would just whiz through it.

So you played a "tech demo" for over 5 hours and beat it not once but twice and basically claim "it is not worth it".

Okay....

At least you admit it is a fun game and great at story telling.  But it just looks like you are doubling down on stupid.

Just because you can speedrun through a game in 1 hour doesn't make it an hour long game. 4-5 hours is about the time it took me to beat it too. That's above average when it comes to VR content. Whether you call it a game or simply an "experience," it's still one of the best the PSVR has to offer as of right now.

Just because you can speedrun through a game in 1 hour doesn't make it an hour long game. 4-5 hours is about the time it took me to beat it too. That's above average when it comes to VR content. Whether you call it a game or simply an "experience," it's still one of the best the PSVR has to offer as of right now.
I agee with you there. I feel that it absolutely isn’t worth $30 on disc, it should be $10 max.

Thats what I hated about farcry 4, it can be beat in 15 minutes, a $60 game at launch can be beat in 15 minutes, what a rip off
I see what you did there.

It’s funny don’t get be wrong though not the same. You didn’t ‘beat’ the game, it was a secret ending.

So you can 100% the game in 7 minutes? Moss can be 100% in under two hours if you go for the platinum trophy.
Realistically, no it can't, not without putting hours into it prior.

Your arguments in general are really stupid I saw you making these kinds of stupid arguments in the PS Classic Target Cartwheel thread too.

Oh well. I cant wait for moss book 2. Hope it is done soon. I sort of agree 30 dollars is a lot for the game, but it is an amazing one. I have spent about $45 on it between buying digital and physical.

Realistically, no it can't, not without putting hours into it prior.

Your arguments in general are really stupid I saw you making these kinds of stupid arguments in the PS Classic Target Cartwheel thread too.
All I said were facts here. Moss is fun. Moss does look good. And in my opinion too short for $30.

Without prior knowledge of puzzles it’s a four hour game. With knowing the puzzles it’s a one hour game.

Oh well. I cant wait for moss book 2. Hope it is done soon. I sort of agree 30 dollars is a lot for the game, but it is an amazing one. I have spent about $45 on it between buying digital and physical.
I’d definitely play book 2. Has it been confirmed it’s in the works?

Moss is back in stock on amazon for MSRP. See this is why I won’t support this game. It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP. Almost a year after release it should never be MSRP when games that are much better reviewed such as Astrobot have had good holiday sales.

All I said were facts here. Moss is fun. Moss does look good. And in my opinion too short for $30.

Without prior knowledge of puzzles it’s a four hour game. With knowing the puzzles it’s a one hour game.
So.... its a 4 hour game.
Rest of your comments are irrelevant.

Diablo 3 can be beaten in about 50 minutes. (Story, achievement for it) just ignore the fact you need 4 players decently geared at 70 and all have to work together by certain people going to town at certain times and all 4 being together at others.. beyond that Diablo 3 can be beaten in under an hour also.

Just say you thought it was shorter than you liked.

Moss is back in stock on amazon for MSRP. See this is why I won’t support this game. It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP. Almost a year after release it should never be MSRP when games that are much better reviewed such as Astrobot have had good holiday sales.
Why should it be below MSRP if it’s selling well at MSRP? Try reading up on supply and demand and price elasticity.

So.... its a 4 hour game.
Rest of your comments are irrelevant.
Diablo 3 can be beaten in about 50 minutes. (Story, achievement for it) just ignore the fact you need 4 players decently geared at 70 and all have to work together by certain people going to town at certain times and all 4 being together at others.. beyond that Diablo 3 can be beaten in under an hour also.
Just say you thought it was shorter than you liked.
Your post makes no sense and doesn’t address the issue. You can do every single thing offered in the game in four hours... every collectible, every dust, every part of the story.

With diablo, mario, far cry, any other game you mention, sure a secret ending can be had in minutes or by powerleveling, yet that is not doing everything available and offered in the game.

When I realized it was so short is when I decided to rent in rather than buy it. I always check LGTB to check game lengths.

Why should it be below MSRP if it’s selling well at MSRP? Try reading up on supply and demand and price elasticity.
I’m with ya. I just don’t believe in spending MSRP on a game that is so short with no replayability. It’s a nice and enjoyable one and done.

You are right this is very shady. I will contact the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization and get them on this ASAP. I have no doubt the Sasquatches are involved. Probably has something to do with the Greys as well. Sleep with one eye open, Trust No One. Now that they know that you know, you'll never be safe again.

Your post makes no sense and doesn’t address the issue. You can do every single thing offered in the game in four hours... every collectible, every dust, every part of the story.

With diablo, mario, far cry, any other game you mention, sure a secret ending can be had in minutes or by powerleveling, yet that is not doing everything available and offered in the game.

When I realized it was so short is when I decided to rent in rather than buy it. I always check LGTB to check game lengths.

I’m with ya. I just don’t believe in spending MSRP on a game that is so short with no replayability. It’s a nice and enjoyable one and done.
Almost every vr game is short. Your entire argument is just whining.

And i thought you just said you had to play through twice to get everything..... now you say only once.

Edit: so The Order 1886 was $60 at launch and people were 50/50 about the length... so decided to search here and see what you may have said about it...
at least you are consistant about being an asshole about games. You either love a game, or you want the devs to go bankrupt. There is zero middle ground with you.

You are right this is very shady. I will contact the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization and get them on this ASAP. I have no doubt the Sasquatches are involved. Probably has something to do with the Greys as well. Sleep with one eye open, Trust No One. Now that they know that you know, you'll never be safe again.
I think the Breathwaites are behind it.

It’s shady to be in and out of stock, then pulled from most retailers (Best Buy, target, Walmart, GameStop). Amazon is in and out of stock daily, and at MSRP.
It's not shady. A typical warehouse isn't going to make items available for purchase until they are systematically stored to a bin or rack location, at which point they can be ordered by a customer and picked by a worker. It doesn't matter if there's thousands of them sitting on the floor waiting to be put away or sitting in a trailer at a dock door waiting to be unloaded; you can't buy them until they are stored to a warehouse location.

It is very possible that at an Amazon warehouse somewhere, copies of Moss are not getting put away all at once, which would lead to the stock going in and out. Someone puts away a batch of games, they get bought up, and then later someone gets to another batch of games and puts them away. This isn't someone behind the scenes pressing a button to make it go in and out of stock for their own amusement.

Almost every vr game is short. Your entire argument is just whining.
And i thought you just said you had to play through twice to get everything..... now you say only once.
Edit: so The Order 1886 was $60 at launch and people were 50/50 about the length... so decided to search here and see what you may have said about it...
at least you are consistant about being an asshole about games. You either love a game, or you want the devs to go bankrupt. There is zero middle ground with you.
I rented 1886 and beat that in 2-3 sittings. It’s been a while, I don’t remember specifically.

The name calling is childish. Bottom line is short games don’t deserve a high MSRP in my eyes. At least if they’re super short, replayability should be added. New game plus, extra modes, something.

I did have to play Moss twice because the game glitched. I had a perfect run with no deaths yet wasn’t awarded the trophy at the end. So I had to play straight through a second time to get that final trophy.

It's not shady. A typical warehouse isn't going to make items available for purchase until they are systematically stored to a bin or rack location, at which point they can be ordered by a customer and picked by a worker. It doesn't matter if there's thousands of them sitting on the floor waiting to be put away or sitting in a trailer at a dock door waiting to be unloaded; you can't buy them until they are stored to a warehouse location.

It is very possible that at an Amazon warehouse somewhere, copies of Moss are not getting put away all at once, which would lead to the stock going in and out. Someone puts away a batch of games, they get bought up, and then later someone gets to another batch of games and puts them away. This isn't someone behind the scenes pressing a button to make it go in and out of stock for their own amusement.
It is quite possible. I planned to buy it the week before xmas when I noticed it was pulled and delisted from all other retailers. Then amazon was in and out of stock, and now has been for a week. That’s why I mentioned the shadiness, though your point makes sense as well.

$30 is not a high MSRP and a short quality game is better than a long mediocre at best game

i have never disliked a game because i thought it was too short, i've disliked tons of games i thought were too long

I rented 1886 and beat that in 2-3 sittings. It’s been a while, I don’t remember specifically.

The name calling is childish. Bottom line is short games don’t deserve a high MSRP in my eyes. At least if they’re super short, replayability should be added. New game plus, extra modes, something.

I did have to play Moss twice because the game glitched. I had a perfect run with no deaths yet wasn’t awarded the trophy at the end. So I had to play straight through a second time to get that final trophy.
You called for the dev to go backrupt. All over a RENTAL...

I dont badmouth a dev cause i didnt like their game, i just state i didnt like it and move on. And if i didnt like a game that someone else did.. i dont attack their gaming preferences either.

And has been pointed out before, the in and out of stock means nothing. They may get a shipment of 12 at a time, theres more on the way.... but they sell those 12 before the next box gets there. And yes, amazon gets multiple shipments every day. Its easy to see that happening.

Sold out is essentially the same as delisted. I checked RSS yesterday and no stores have it nor are receiving any from the DC.
Sold out is absolutely not the same as delisted. It’s currently in stock at Best Buy as I write this. Not only is it in stock, but it has an available mybestbuy offer for me of $26.99. There is a little checkbox for me to apply the offer and says the offer expires Jan 31.

You called for the dev to go backrupt. All over a RENTAL...

I dont badmouth a dev cause i didnt like their game, i just state i didnt like it and move on. And if i didnt like a game that someone else did.. i dont attack their gaming preferences either.

And has been pointed out before, the in and out of stock means nothing. They may get a shipment of 12 at a time, theres more on the way.... but they sell those 12 before the next box gets there. And yes, amazon gets multiple shipments every day. Its easy to see that happening.

What are you talking about? Where did I ever badmouth a dev or call for bankruptcies?

For the 100th time, the game is is fun and looks great. It's short and can be 100% platinumed in 5 hours or less. I don't feel $30 is the right price for it. I personally would only pay $10 or less.

$30 is not a high MSRP and a short quality game is better than a long mediocre at best game

i have never disliked a game because i thought it was too short, i've disliked tons of games i thought were too long

I agree with you 100%. My issue is zero replayability and it being so darn short.

What are you talking about? Where did I ever badmouth a dev or call for bankruptcies?

For the 100th time, the game is is fun and looks great. It's short and can be 100% platinumed in 5 hours or less. I don't feel $30 is the right price for it. I personally would only pay $10 or less.

I agree with you 100%. My issue is zero replayability and it being so darn short.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/344077-valid-420-26-the-order-1886-ps4-2999-for-pur-pro-members-at-gamestop/page-2#entry12613330

Look how you edited the post AFTER you got called out in the very next post.

And I hope RaD goes under because of it. I hated it that much.
And btw, you keep adjusting your time for the game... just in case you haven't noticed.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/344077-valid-420-26-the-order-1886-ps4-2999-for-pur-pro-members-at-gamestop/page-2#entry12613330

Look how you edited the post AFTER you got called out in the very next post.

And btw, you keep adjusting your time for the game... just in case you haven't noticed.

I've never adjusted my times, I'm telling you what happened.

You must have some brigade against me. You just quoted a four year old post where I said an entirely different studio deserves to go under for lies and false advertisement. This is a VR thread for Moss.

P.S. that whisky you mention sounds pretty good, I've never heard of it.

Short term memory. I said I looked to see what YOU may have said about The Order 1886 because the argument you are making over Moss is similar to what happened with that game.
I found that post of yours, you have not changed. Bash a game/dev because YOU didn't like a game, a RENTAL... and you wished they went bankrupt.

Sorry, I guess you think that anything said more than a day ago is not allowed to be remembered.... :roll:

(and FYI, you beat moss in 4 hours, then you beat it in an hour, then you claimed it could be platinumed in 4 hours easy, now 5.)
1 hour 7 minutes.

That's how long Moss is. Beat it easily in one sitting. I will say it's a fun 'game'. Pleasant graphics and easy gameplay. Very glitchy and can go out of bounds easily.

Absolutely a tech demo in my eyes and not worth $30. I would say $10 max, my buy price would be $5.

Short term memory. I said I looked to see what YOU may have said about The Order 1886 because the argument you are making over Moss is similar to what happened with that game.
I found that post of yours, you have not changed. Bash a game/dev because YOU didn't like a game, a RENTAL... and you wished they went bankrupt.

Sorry, I guess you think that anything said more than a day ago is not allowed to be remembered.... :roll:

(and FYI, you beat moss in 4 hours, then you beat it in an hour, then you claimed it could be platinumed in 4 hours easy, now 5.)

1886 and Moss are worlds apart. RaD lied about 1886. Of course RaD is going to deny it, they can never publicly admit the downgrades happened.

https://gearnuke.com/order-1886-not-downgraded-retail-build-footage-dev-fed-false-rumors/

I beat Moss in four hours. The game glitched and my final trophy didn't pop so I had to replay again. Straight through is 1 hour. All collectibles run and 100% trophies platinum can be done in four hours if the game doesn't glitch.

If a game has a lot of positive reviews and a decent length, I buy it. If I'm unsure on a game I use HLTB to check average playtimes, if it's under 10 hours I check the price. Too high, such as Moss at an average playtime of 4 hours for $30, is too high for me, which is why I rented it.

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=48441

bread's done
Back