Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Just support the games you want to play more of, simple as that.

Astrobot and Moss are two of my favorites, and I don’t regret what I paid for them. I’ll pick up Ghost Giant and Trover when they’re a bit more reasonable, too. In general, highly regarded games retain their value.

Looks like Best Buy will be carrying the physical version of Ghost Giant so if you still have GCU it only comes out to $23.99 (which is a buck cheaper than the digital price). I think I may go that route.
Ghost Giant looks primes to be worth more than MSRP if history of limited release PSVR titles is any indication.

On that note I just played about 30 minutes of Ghost Giant and it was pretty good. The production, voice work, style, etc. are all top notch and it looks so good it's hard to believe it's the Unity engine. That said, it's also as advertised, which is a story based game where you wait around for scripted sequences to finish so you can help the kid by solving puzzles and moving stuff around. The pacing may improve from the typical start/stop feeling usually associated with heavy cutscene games but I think prospective buyers should be presold on the story of a kid learning to live with absentee parents and cope with mental health issues. This isn't a preachy game at all btw so far but it definitely seems like a game where the "game" will take a back seat to the story.

Impressions of Table of Tales coming up...

Ugh, I might finally give in and buy Beat Saber for full price. I hate paying full price for games. Polygon ran an article about a guy getting in shape using VR and the big game that really did it for him was Beat Saber. He mentions that he's seen tons of people specifically mention Beat Saber as the game that's helped them lose weight. I personally know someone at work who's lost weight just by playing Beat Saber.

My wife and I both really need to lose weight and she's having surgery on her ankle, so she's pretty limited on what she can do. I'm skeptical of how much help Beat Saber will be, but I've been doing intermittent fasting and haven't lost any weight, so I guess it's time to try something else and I do really like rhythm games.

Once you get good at Beat Saber and can get S on expert levels regularly, after like 3-4 songs you will basically be dripping sweat.  If you can handle expert+ it's probably even faster.  I have only ever finished 2 songs on expert+.  

I've played Beat Saber for like 45 minutes straight on expert and was gross afterwards.  Like I took a shower right before I started gaming and had to take another shower right after.  The only thing that sucks is if it starts getting a little foggy from sweating, and I take it off, it gets even foggier.

I don't use it for exercise purposes either, I'm already in good shape and exercise regularly, but I can definitely say it's a good workout.

Ugh, I might finally give in and buy Beat Saber for full price. I hate paying full price for games. Polygon ran an article about a guy getting in shape using VR and the big game that really did it for him was Beat Saber. He mentions that he's seen tons of people specifically mention Beat Saber as the game that's helped them lose weight. I personally know someone at work who's lost weight just by playing Beat Saber.

My wife and I both really need to lose weight and she's having surgery on her ankle, so she's pretty limited on what she can do. I'm skeptical of how much help Beat Saber will be, but I've been doing intermittent fasting and haven't lost any weight, so I guess it's time to try something else and I do really like rhythm games.

Off topic to gaming though to reply to your future weight loss journey, I can say that dropping fat specifically, not just weight, is 90% diet and 10% exercise. The key is to dial in your food/liquid intake first then focus on exercise.

About eight years or so ago, I dropped from around 200 lbs down to damn near 150 lbs by just cutting out carbs (the Atkin's diet.)  Switched from soda to Crystal Light, ate pretty much only meat (ground beef, pepperoni, etc.)  No exercise what-so-ever and the pounds just fell off.  It was slow at the beginning, but after about a month and a half, and I was losing several pounds a week.

Of course, Atkins' is a life-style change, so you have to pretty much stick to it.  After meeting my girlfriend a couple years later, she insisted that I couldn't eat just meat and had to have a balanced diet, and kept saying that it was calories that I had to watch, not carbs.  Because she's very thin, that must naturally mean she's right, and me, who lost 50 lbs just by cutting out carbs, must be wrong.

Needless to say, she got me to eat other things and I've put the 50 lbs back on.  But I've got the girl now, so I'm better off than when things started, right?

About eight years or so ago, I dropped from around 200 lbs down to damn near 150 lbs by just cutting out carbs (the Atkin's diet.) Switched from soda to Crystal Light, ate pretty much only meat (ground beef, pepperoni, etc.) No exercise what-so-ever and the pounds just fell off. It was slow at the beginning, but after about a month and a half, and I was losing several pounds a week.

Of course, Atkins' is a life-style change, so you have to pretty much stick to it. After meeting my girlfriend a couple years later, she insisted that I couldn't eat just meat and had to have a balanced diet, and kept saying that it was calories that I had to watch, not carbs. Because she's very thin, that must naturally mean she's right, and me, who lost 50 lbs just by cutting out carbs, must be wrong.

Needless to say, she got me to eat other things and I've put the 50 lbs back on. But I've got the girl now, so I'm better off than when things started, right?
Niceeeee

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear your wife needs surgery on her ankle, that is very limiting on her. I have plumped back up but a few years ago i went from 279lbs to 220 (I am also 6'1" so the weights aren't crazy on either end) but while I used running which your wife wont be able to do. I know the app Myfitnesspal helped a lot. It is great for inputting your calorie intake. Also keep in mind, doing small things like climbing up stairs, or just doing a walk around the block is better than what you normally do.

Also I have just gotten Beat Saber, and am getting ok at it... but the last time i played i got real into it and my arms hurt for over a week. :p

About eight years or so ago, I dropped from around 200 lbs down to damn near 150 lbs by just cutting out carbs (the Atkin's diet.) Switched from soda to Crystal Light, ate pretty much only meat (ground beef, pepperoni, etc.) No exercise what-so-ever and the pounds just fell off. It was slow at the beginning, but after about a month and a half, and I was losing several pounds a week.

Of course, Atkins' is a life-style change, so you have to pretty much stick to it. After meeting my girlfriend a couple years later, she insisted that I couldn't eat just meat and had to have a balanced diet, and kept saying that it was calories that I had to watch, not carbs. Because she's very thin, that must naturally mean she's right, and me, who lost 50 lbs just by cutting out carbs, must be wrong.

Needless to say, she got me to eat other things and I've put the 50 lbs back on. But I've got the girl now, so I'm better off than when things started, right?
Go back on atkins, loose the weight again then if you want you drop it fast then go keto. Keto cuts out breads, pastas, beans, sugars. Easier to keep as lifstyle change and healthier imo

Go back on atkins, loose the weight again then if you want you drop it fast then go keto. Keto cuts out breads, pastas, beans, sugars. Easier to keep as lifstyle change and healthier imo
I agree with the above comments that diet is the most important aspect of losing weight. Overall health is multi-faceted and body weight is one aspect of that. Like any muscle, the heart needs to be worked out every now and again to get stronger. Cardiovascular training can help you feel better and give you more energy throughout the day. A big challenge when starting to exercise and trying to lose weight is that you are usually a lot hungrier and want to eat more. It's a delicate balance.

It's not easy but I applaud everyone that is trying to be their best. The good habits we start in our younger years can make our older years a lot more enjoyable due to better health.

Being healthy is a lifestyle. Diets are temporary. Once people realize that it's easier to stay in shape. It takes physical & mental strength to keep it up.

I'm 6'3 and had knee surgery in spring 2017 & ballooned up to 285 lbs (Terrible). I got back down to 225 lbs (Sexy)  in 20 weeks & have kept it off since. . 

Being healthy is a lifestyle. Diets are temporary. Once people realize that it's easier to stay in shape. It takes physical & mental strength to keep it up.

I'm 6'3 and had knee surgery in spring 2017 & ballooned up to 285 lbs (Terrible). I got back down to 225 lbs (Sexy) in 20 weeks & have kept it off since. .
This is 100% accurate. Healthy eating and even exercising are lifestyle changes. You have to change your mindset to be successful. It’s also OK to cheat here and there so you don’t lose your mind.

BTW - glad to hear you got through the surgery and have had success keeping off the weight!

Hey vrCAGs, I’m working on a full, updated list of Region 1 VR games on disc for collection purposes since it's not very well documented right now. If anybody could help me update it to include stuff I’m missing or got wrong, I would appreciate the help.

VR ONLY GAMES:

Apex Construct

Ark Park

Batman Arkham VR

Astro Bot

Battlezone

Bravo Team

Creed Rise to Glory

Deracine

Doom VFR

Drive Club VR

Eagle Flight

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR

Eve Valkyrie

Farpoint

Firewall Zero Hour

Gungrave VR

The Invisible Hours

The Inpatient

Job Simulator

Loading Human Chapter 1

Moss

Operation Warcade

Paranormal Activity Lost Soul

The Persistence

Pixel Gear (LRG)

PlayStation VR Demo Disc

PlayStation VR Demo Disc 2.0

PlayStation VR Worlds

Psychonauts: In the Rhombus of Ruin

Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality

RIGS: Mechainzed Combat League

Robinson: The Journey

Smash Hit Plunder

Starblood Arena

Star Trek Bridge Crew

To the Top (LRG)

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood

VR Karts

Werewolves Within

VR MODE INCLUDED ON DISC:

Ace Combat 7

ATV Drift & Tricks

Don’t Knock Twice

Gran Turismo Sport

Heavy Fire: Red Shadow

Home Sweet Home

Light Tracer (LRG)

Megadimension Neptuina VIIR

Moto Racer 4

Neonwall (LRG)

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (also available as Engless Night Collection)

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (also available as Endless Night Collection)

Race the Sun (LRG)

Radial G: Racing Revolved

Resident Evil VII

Rez Infinite (iam8bit)

Roller Coaster Tycoon Joyride

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition

Tetris Effect

Touhou Kobuto V: Burst Battle

Thumper (LRG)

Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner MARS

Volume (LRG)

KNOWN FUTURE PHYSICAL RELEASES:

Blood & Truth

Everybody’s Golf VR

Ghost Giant

Killing Floor Double Feature

Trover Saves the Universe

Wolfenstein Cyberpilot

UNKNOWN (NOT LISTED ON CASE AS VR SUPPORT; WAS VR SUPPORT LATER PATCHED IN?):

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X?

Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Edition?

Tekken 7?

TrackMania Turbo?

Wipeout Omega Collection? (Two packaging variants---one with a VR banner, one without. Old variants confirmed to not have VR patch on disc)

falsedichotomies - I don't believe Wipeout has VR on the disc. It was an update you had to download.
I'll switch it to the unknown section. AFAIK, there are two versions of Wipeout Collection. Second runs feature a "VR MODE INCLUDED" banner at the top of the packaging. First runs DO NOT have this banner. I'd be interested to know conclusively if this later version has the vr patch on disc. According to someone on reddit, Sony did this with Dirty Rally in the UK, updating the disc with the vr patch and banner in later runs. Might just have to go out and buy it at some point unless someone here has the second version and can test.

I'll switch it to the unknown section. AFAIK, there are two versions of Wipeout Collection. Second runs feature a "VR MODE INCLUDED" banner at the top of the packaging. First runs DO NOT have this banner. I'd be interested to know conclusively if this later version has the vr patch on disc. According to someone on reddit, Sony did this with Dirty Rally in the UK, updating the disc with the vr patch and banner in later runs. Might just have to go out and buy it at some point unless someone here has the second version and can test.
I think there is already a pretty comprehensive list that one of the PSVR groups on Facebook maintains. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a9vCSq2Bw4dFLMbs7uH0zh5JSYUq8eZrGRZVel5xh2M/edit?fbclid=IwAR0cHfiY24LpBYhzl-8kEuf-1dn8ZF9ZiEVPFFkP0uUNyhEuWQDv7ERFnGU#gid=0

Gungrave VR (physical version) comes with a pretty neat foil cover if you're into that sort of thing.  It's also under $20 at a lot of places now, including Best Buy, so its relatively inexpensive.

If anyone still wants a physical copy of Roller Coaster Tycoon Joyride I noticed a few sellers on Ebay seem to have it in the $35 - $40 range.  Its been pretty much impossible to find outside of Ebay after the initial small launch (In my personal experience).

Everybody Golf VR demo is out.  I just tried it out.

I hated HATED Everybody Golf on PS4.  Hot Shots Golf 5 Out of Bounds is one of my all time favorite games too, and I just hated what they did to the series in Everybody Golf.  But that is a topic for another discussion.

Anyways, the VR is pretty damn neat.  I am on the fence about picking it up now but we will see.  It is kind of gimmicky and trying to hit the ball like a real club is a lot harder when you don't have any real feel to it.  It's much easier to swing one handed, and even easier to just flick your damn wrist, which kind of takes away from it a little bit.  But it's still neat.

I don't know if it's a bug or because it's the demo, but when I go to play in the course, and go to address the ball, it gives me a confirmation dialog to go back to reception.  When you look at the help and the Move controller in game, it says that it should address the ball.  So I don't know if they simply aren't allowing you to play any real holes in the demo or if it's buggy.  I tried it twice and both times is started on a hole middle of the round and a par 3 hole, but I couldn't do anything.  The only place I could hit was the driving range.

EDIT:

Just saw this...

"The demo lets you play in the full game’s practice area, as well as enjoying the scenery from the Forest Course’s teeing ground."

Looking like Everybody Golf is barefone AF.  No online, multiplayer, or career type of mode.  Just 3 courses and single player.  That's a shame.  If it had more to it I'd definitely get it.  If it was priced at like $15 or $20 I'd get it too.  But not at $30.

I'm sure down the road when it drops in prices or there is some DLC I will grab it.

Looking like Everybody Golf is barefone AF. No online, multiplayer, or career type of mode. Just 3 courses and single player. That's a shame. If it had more to it I'd definitely get it. If it was priced at like $15 or $20 I'd get it too. But not at $30.

I'm sure down the road when it drops in prices or there is some DLC I will grab it.
Everything about this sucks :(

Everything about this sucks :(
The demo was fantastic too. I was not a fan of Everybody's Golf at all on PS4 and hated it, but HSG5 on PS3 is probably my favorite game on PS3, or up there tied with my other favorites.

The transition to VR was great IMO. It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. If it had even basic online multiplayer I would have bought it + PS+ to play with my friends.

The demo was fantastic too. I was not a fan of Everybody's Golf at all on PS4 and hated it, but HSG5 on PS3 is probably my favorite game on PS3, or up there tied with my other favorites.

The transition to VR was great IMO. It was a lot more fun than I expected it to be. If it had even basic online multiplayer I would have bought it + PS+ to play with my friends.
I'll probably get it at 20. Blood and Truth hype is pretty high so there's another high profile game coming in just a week.

The new deals:

18 Floors - $12.74 - 15% Off - $10.49 - 30% Off - Ends 6/4

Apocalypse Rider - $3.49 - 30% Off - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

ATV Drift & Tricks Definitive Edition - $14.99 - 40% Off - $4.99 - 80% Off - Ends 6/4

Batman: Arkham VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/28

Blasters of the Universe - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Code51: Mecha Arena - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Darknet - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Dirt Rally Plus PlayStation VR Bundle - $29.99 - 40% Off - $9.99 - 80% Off - Ends 6/4

Drone Striker - $8.99 - 10% Off - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 6/4

Eagle Flight - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Eagle Flight & Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle - $25.99 - 35% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Infinite Minigolf - $10.49 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

The Invisible Hours - $20.99 - 30% Off - $11.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Justice League VR: The Complete Experience - $6.99 - 30% Off - $5.99 - 40% Off - Ends 5/28

Korix - $10.99 - 45% Off - $1.99 - 90% Off - Ends 6/4

Lethal VR - $9.74 - 35% Off - $4.49 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Loading Human: Chapter 1 - $23.99 - 40% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 6/4

Mortal Blitz - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Moto Racer 4 - $23.99 - 40% Off - $7.99 - 80% Off - Ends 6/4

Moto Racer 4: Deluxe Edition - $35.99 - 40% Off - $11.99 - 80% Off - Ends 6/4

One Piece Grand Cruise - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Paper Dolls - $15.29 - 10% Off - $13.59 - 20% Off - Ends 6/4

Prison Boss VR - $13.99 - 30% Off - $7.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

The Rabbit Hole - $3.49 - 30% Off - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Rez Infinite - $22.49 - 25% Off - $14.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Smashbox Arena - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Star Trek: Bridge Crew - $25.99 - 35% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Statik - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Theseus - $7.49 - 25% Off - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 6/4

Trackmania Turbo - $25.99 - 35% Off - $11.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Transference - $17.49 - 30% Off - $9.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

Unearthing Mars - $11.99 - 20% Off - $8.99 - 40% Off - Ends 6/4

Unearthing Mars 2: The Ancient War - $16.99 - 15% Off - $13.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/4

Viking Days - $3.49 - 30% Off - $1.99 - 60% Off - Ends 6/4

The Walker - $8.49 - 15% Off - $6.99 - 30% Off - Ends 6/4

Werewolves Within - $12.99 - 35% Off - $5.99 - 70% Off - Ends 6/4

Darknet, Rez Infinite, and Statik are recommended for those that don't already have them.

Anyone think during E3 an updated psvr gets announced or a discount? I havent bought a psvr and always regret it. I'm just trying to maximize my savings if I buy one soon

I'd be surprised if either one of those things happen, since Sony is completely sitting out E3 this year.

Also, I don't think a new version of PSVR will come out until PS5 does (if even then), which doesn't seem to be until next fall at the earliest.  The current models might drop in price sometime (and new bundles keep getting announced and released), but I doubt you'll see a updated version or big discount anytime soon.

Anyone think during E3 an updated psvr gets announced or a discount? I havent bought a psvr and always regret it. I'm just trying to maximize my savings if I buy one soon
New PSVR hardware: highly unlikely. IMO next iteration won't be until they nail down foveated rendering, which is still years away.

Discount: this is much more likely, since there is an upcoming Days of Play sale in June. Last year the sale included many hardware MSRP discounts including on PSVR bundles, so you probably want to wait for that given how close it is.

Does anyone really see all that many PSVRs in the wild around them? Seems like they are only well stocked when a fresh bundle has come out so there is really no reason for them to put it on sale.

No Walmart or best buy or target around me have had any sense xmass or before. They all got spots for them and nothing there every time I go in at least.

Dammit, is everyone going to be playing Blood & Truth next week? The discount is so tempting and I hate missing out on hyped titles during their first week (like what happened with Astro Bot). Not to mention, London Heist was one of my very first memorable experiences on PSVR.

Speaking of which, is anyone else getting overwhelmed by all the new releases lately? I'm waiting for all of them to drop in my price range, but my wishlist is so mighty that I have to keep track of them in a separate notepad file.

Beat Saber (I've waited this long for a discount...)
Blood & Truth (should I roll the dice and wait?)
A Chair in a Room: Greenwater
Falcon Age
Five Nights at Freddy's VR
Ghost Giant
Jupiter & Mars
Layers of Fear 2 (not VR, but high on my list)
Luna
Trover Saves the Universe
Vacation Simulator
Virtual Virtual Reality (haven't heard much on this, but it sounds up my alley)

I'm guessing it will be months before we see decent sales on any of the above. Ugh...I hate being poor.

Yesterday I went back to Astro Bot to get the platinum. The PSVR games I've been playing lately are all digital, but Astro Bot I have physical. It's funny how often I forget when a PSVR game I'm about to play is on disc. I get my headset and headphones on, go to the game's tile on the dashboard, pause for a moment, "shit".

Yesterday I went back to Astro Bot to get the platinum. The PSVR games I've been playing lately are all digital, but Astro Bot I have physical. It's funny how often I forget when a PSVR game I'm about to play is on disc. I get my headset and headphones on, go to the game's tile on the dashboard, pause for a moment, "shit".
That right there is why i pretty much only get digital. Unfortunately that usually means more expensive.

Anyone play Blood and Truth yet?  It arrived from Amazon today but I haven't opened it yet.  I hope to play it this evening at some point.  Just curious about feedback if so.

Anyone play Blood and Truth yet?
I liked it a lot. It was fun enough that I played it through in one sitting, which was somewhere between 6 and 7 hours. The story and characters were decent enough. The gun aiming felt really good, and you can hold all of the guns with two hands to reduce recoil. Though you'll be doing less of that later because there's parts where you definitely need to be using two guns at once. I liked that you can reload while holding two guns without having to holster either of them. YMMV, but I didn't encounter any motion sickness. The automatic character motion from point to point was very smooth. I did try playing standing for a bit, but some of the movement made me feel a little unbalanced, so I quickly got a chair and played the rest of the game seated, which worked well.

I do have some little gripes with it though. Sometimes weapon holstering/unholstering could be finicky, and I'd end up shooting the floor when I was trying to holster a gun, because the trigger to shoot also does the holstering. Sometimes this was no big deal, and sometimes it became a bit of a headache when I was doing a stealth section. Don't worry though, as there's no instant-fail stealth areas. It just means you've started the firefight sooner than you might have liked.

There were a couple difficulty bottlenecks where I died over and over and over. There's two difficulties: Normal, and an easier "Cinematic" mode difficulty, and I played on Normal. Most of the game had a decent even ramp up in difficulty, and the two sections where it spiked for me were a bit frustrating, but in the end I figured out ways to manage the enemies.

I also went into it expecting the story to be more "London gangster", but a lot of the missions felt closer to something you'd see in a military shooter like Call of Duty. I would have liked to have seen a bit more variety in the levels. A few more unique non-shooty bits would have balanced the shooter parts a bit better.

Overall though, I enjoyed it quite a bit and it's an easy recommend to anyone with a PSVR, though maybe it's just shy of being good enough where I'd say anyone without a PSVR should get one for this game. I'd rate it a solid 8/10.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I used the Move controllers when I played. There is also a DualShock mode, but I didn't try it out.

bread's done
Back