Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I just played like an hour or so of Blood and Truth.  The game is so much fun.  I highly recommend if you liked London Heist.

There is definitely some bugs in it though.  I had to quit out of my game once because after I died, it spawned me with no weapons and the character I was following wasn't there either.  Then one time at the end of a level I grabbed onto a pole, and the hands wouldn't release to grab something else.  Eventually after waggling around a lot it finally worked.  I also have found that aiming down the sites can be a bit tricky to get your initial bearings.

But that is far and few between.  The gun fighting is so much fun in this game.

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting

Beat Saber

RE7 - plan is to make my kids play that if they misbehave as punishment. Or I may trick my elderly mom into playing it

Firewall zero hour bundle - I really know nothing about this game. Is it any good?

Creed 

Farpoint 

Ace Combat - is it worth getting for the VR experience?

Star Wars battlefront 1 (have this already would like to experience the VR mission)

I have a few games already thru a gameshare a friend and I do. Are there any other must haves to wow me with the VR? 

I use a ps4 pro and 65 inch sony 4k HDR10 TV if that matters

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting

Beat Saber

RE7 - plan is to make my kids play that if they misbehave as punishment. Or I may trick my elderly mom into playing it

Firewall zero hour bundle - I really know nothing about this game. Is it any good?

Creed

Farpoint

Star Wars battlefront 1 (have this already would like to experience the VR mission)

I have a few games already thru a gameshare a friend and I do. Are there any other must haves to wow me with the VR?

I'm hoping the move controller bundles go on sale. I didn't spend the extra money on the full psvr bundle with the move controllers last Xmas and I regret it. I want to play beat saber

Beat Saber

Creed

Farpoint

I don't see Astro Bot on your list, that's a must have for PSVR!

Looking at either getting Blood and Truth or Trover Saves the Universe this weekend. Haven't used my PSVR in months now and both of those games look fun, but I am sure they will go on sale and I already have an absurd backlog so I think I am just going to get one this weekend.

I don't see Astro Bot on your list, that's a must have for PSVR!

Looking at either getting Blood and Truth or Trover Saves the Universe this weekend. Haven't used my PSVR in months now and both of those games look fun, but I am sure they will go on sale and I already have an absurd backlog so I think I am just going to get one this weekend.

Luckily Astro bot is one of the games on my friends account I share with as well as Moss. What also has me interested is No Man's Sky adding VR in the near future.

ok so if the psvr goes on sale next month, I am going to go in and buy it. I figure I'll go with the blood and truth / golf bundle. A few games I am thinking about getting...
Beat Saber is of course a must have :) I enjoy and still play the Star Wars BF1 VR mission once a week or so. I would say Astro Bot is another great choice. Superhot is a popular game, although I didn't like it. Moss is also one of my favorite adventure games that I have played.

I also enjoyed Ancient Amuletor which is a defense type game with waves of enemies. I think it has a demo.

Ace Combat's VR content is only 3 missions I believe, so maybe 45 minutes, although it also has a free flight VR mode.

Beat Saber

Creed

Farpoint

I played Firewall during the free trial weekend and I didn’t think it was worth it. Unless you’re only buying it for the Aim bundle, in which case it’s a must to play Farpoint with.

I have not played Ace Combat, but the other titles on your list are solid. I would agree Superhot is a good purchase too. We are due for a good PSVR sale soon (we had so many last year), so you might be able to wait on most of these while you gameshare Astro Bot and Moss (my personal favorites).

In addition to Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, there are some other good older titles like PlayStation VR Worlds (the inspiration for Blood & Truth), Batman: Arkham VR, and don’t forget to grab The Playroom VR (inspiration for Astro Bot) free on PSN.

Having a quality TV in this case doesn’t matter as you can play PSVR with the monitor off (unless you have spectators).

Happy virtualizing. (?)

Sometimes weapon holstering/unholstering could be finicky, and I'd end up shooting the floor when I was trying to holster a gun
That's one of those times where you are relieved it only happened in VR. I remember a guy doing that when I was in the Army. He didn't shoot himself in the foot, but he still had a really bad day.

Playroom VR is a free game released by Sony that is worth a download, especially if you have kids. It has a nice variety and includes games that require multiple players like a Ghostbuster-esque game where only those not wearing the VR can spot the ghosts. And, it includes a level that is a precursor to Astrobot. There is also the chance to play as a Godzilla-esque monster and a cat, both with voice modulation that kids really enjoy. It's a great intro for non-gamers as well with simple games.

Rigs is really good too. Also that Trover game is $25 on amazon for some reason. Picked it up at no charge with my rewards points. I hear it's solid.

Rigs is really good too. Also that Trover game is $25 on amazon for some reason. Picked it up at no charge with my rewards points. I hear it's solid.
Thanks for the heads up on Trover! I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon for $25. I enjoy Justin Roliand enough to make this worth the price. I've heard the game is pretty solid and really funny despite being a fairly short experience.

In Blood and Truth I was having trouble reloading and holstering too, but then I just slowed down a bit and actually look down when I'm doing it, and now I rarely miss it.  And on top of that, I feel I noticed the vibration more when I am looking down.  Before I was trying to be Billy Badass and do it without looking but in the end it was making me do worse.

Dual wielding has never been so much fun than in this game.  The SMG in one hand and a pistol or shotgun in the other.

I also find grenades completely worthless.  It's just too hard to throw them properly for me so I ignore them now.  I've only had the sniper rifle for a short while but so far I don't like it.  Like aiming down the sites didn't really zoom in.  It was odd.

RIGS is one of those games that truly put me in "barf out" mode and I don't get motion sickness often. Then again, I only played the demo (new users, remember to download those free demo discs).

Thanks for the tip on Trover. Looks like they are matching Target (which has it as $24.99 as its regular price, not sure if that will hold past the preorder). I went ahead and cancelled my PSN preorder because I prefer the physical, and with the new refund policy in place, I had no problems (a first). Now I just need a 1-cent item to qualify for free shipping on Amazon. Dammit. :oldman:

RIGS is one of those games that truly put me in "barf out" mode and I don't get motion sickness often. Then again, I only played the demo (new users, remember to download those free demo discs).

Thanks for the tip on Trover. Looks like they are matching Target (which has it as $24.99 as its regular price, not sure if that will hold past the preorder). I went ahead and cancelled my PSN preorder because I prefer the physical, and with the new refund policy in place, I had no problems (a first). Now I just need a 1-cent item to qualify for free shipping on Amazon. Dammit. :oldman:
did you try turning on the chassis thing, that helped a lot for me on Rigs

So after cancelling my Trover preorder, I couldn't decide whether to buy physical from Target or Amazon. Since it seemed like Target had it for $24.99 indefinitely (it didn't say "on sale" or have $29.99 slashed out or anything), I figured I would go and pick it up in-store in the morning rather than wait to have it shipped. I went to the movies tonight and when I got back, I checked both carts for Target and Amazon and they both went up $29.99 (is it an automatic price match, or what?). It was past midnight, so it was no longer possible to get the 10% discount back on PSN either. Needless to say, I've ended up with nothing once again.

It's almost funny if it wasn't so fucking predictable...

Why didn't I wait until I procured it by other means before cancelling my preorder? It's a question I will be carrying in shame for quite awhile.

Flipping off Tony in slow mo as you leave the museum has been the highlight of Blood and Truth. Having fun with the whole experience so far. Good gameplay & interactivity.

Anyone know whats the deal with the Bravo Team VR aim controller bundle. Can't find it decently priced anywhere in the US. I know the game didn't review well but the completionist in me still wants to play this.

So after cancelling my Trover preorder, I couldn't decide whether to buy physical from Target or Amazon. Since it seemed like Target had it for $24.99 indefinitely (it didn't say "on sale" or have $29.99 slashed out or anything), I figured I would go and pick it up in-store in the morning rather than wait to have it shipped. I went to the movies tonight and when I got back, I checked both carts for Target and Amazon and they both went up $29.99 (is it an automatic price match, or what?). It was past midnight, so it was no longer possible to get the 10% discount back on PSN either. Needless to say, I've ended up with nothing once again.

It's almost funny if it wasn't so fucking predictable...

Why didn't I wait until I procured it by other means before cancelling my preorder? It's a question I will be carrying in shame for quite awhile.
Online retailers sometimes automatically price match each other. This is obvious when Amazon has a price ending in x.88 because that is a direct match to Walmart. Someone messed up the entry at Target.com and it propagated to Amazon. Analysis paralysis claims another victim.

Flipping off Tony in slow mo as you leave the museum has been the highlight of Blood and Truth. Having fun with the whole experience so far. Good gameplay & interactivity.
Hahaha I'm glad I am not the only asshole who did that too. I was hoping for an achievement or something though.

I'm streaming some Trover Saves the Universe. (Link)

Edit: The archive is uploading now and will be done in a bit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQPK_RZSJI

Target and Amazon have Trover for $24.99 again (for some reason). I was able to pick it up in store, so I didn’t have to add any stupid filler items. Glad that crisis is over.

I finished the first world of Trover, and while the gameplay so far seems to be pretty standard and average platforming fare, the writing is really funny. I enjoy the random things the little bad guys say when you kill them. Anyone who hates Rick and Morty should definitely pass on it though. The style of humor and the writing is like 90% of the reason to play this game.

I just finished my first complete playthrough of Blood & Truth. I could nitpick things here and there (more on that later), but let's face it; we've been waiting for this game for so long and it totally delivered on its promise to build on and expand The London Heist experience. I fucking loved it, I had a blast, it's like going on an extended amusement park attraction (lasting about 5-6 hours in normal mode).

For better or worse, it is exactly what it claims to be (starring in your own cinematic action-thriller) and not much more. It lacks a lot of interactivity and there are many scenes of exposition that play out without any of your involvement (I think even London Heist had dialogue choices, but everything plays out linear here). It's basically a glorified rail shooter, but it's so polished (no long load times) and diverse that you don't really mind. A couple of improvements would have been to be able to interact with characters during the talky bits (to touch them or annoy them or have them react when you're messing with car settings while they're driving), and to develop some of the more Mission: Impossible-y sequences (such as one where you're paragliding, but it seems impossible to fail).

One thing that bugged me is that once you proceed ahead, there is no way to go back to previous waypoints. What that means is that sometimes you're forced to pick a path and you can't backtrack (which explains why I'm missing half the collectibles). I guess that in itself gives you some individual choice and replayability factor (all chapters are unlocked upon completion of the game). The other thing I found annoying is that you use the trigger button to discharge, reload and holster your weapon, and sometimes in the heat of battle, you get all mixed up and have no idea what the hell you're doing (holstering over my right shoulder also gave me a lot of trouble). All that being said though, I definitely recommend it. It's one of the most complete, satisfying, epic VR experiences I've had (barring the somewhat flat ending).

I finished the first world of Trover, and while the gameplay so far seems to be pretty standard and average platforming fare, the writing is really funny. I enjoy the random things the little bad guys say when you kill them. Anyone who hates Rick and Morty should definitely pass on it though. The style of humor and the writing is like 90% of the reason to play this game.
Just finished playing Trover, it's exactly as you said... if you aren't a fan of Rick and Morty you shouldn't be playing this game. Justin Roiland does the majority of the voices for this game, and it's the same humor from R&M. It's like watching the Interdimensional Cable episodes, Justin is mostly improving his lines which for me is pure comedy gold. The gameplay is pretty standard, not great... but not terrible either.

Has there been any good deal on cheap aim controllers? Is it worth picking one up?
I'm not actively looking for one because I already have one, but when I first got mine it was the cheapest I had seen it. I paid $60 for the Farpoint + Aim bundle on Amazon.

I do think I remember seeing a Bravo Team bundle for around that price at one point too but I could be wrong. Otherwise though, the thing rarely goes on sale just because it doesn't have to.

Should be getting my copy of Trover in the mail tomorrow. Looking forward to playing the game, I know it's meant to played in VR, but has anyone checked it out without VR? Is it that much of a difference? I figured this is a game I will be playing for the humor and writing as I am fan of Justin Roiland. 

The

I'm not actively looking for one because I already have one, but when I first got mine it was the cheapest I had seen it. I paid $60 for the Farpoint + Aim bundle on Amazon.

I do think I remember seeing a Bravo Team bundle for around that price at one point too but I could be wrong. Otherwise though, the thing rarely goes on sale just because it doesn't have to.
The Bravo Team bundle was on clearance at GameStop a few months ago for just a little under $60. I passed on that at the time because Farpoint in the better game. Have move controllers been on sale at all recently? I want the PS4 versions because they are supposed to have longer battery life. I don't trust the gamestop trade ins

I just finished Trover. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. I love being teased and insulted in VR, I find it hilarious. It gave me the interactivity that I craved from Blood & Truth; the game reacts and responds to almost everything you do which you gives you that extra level of immersion and makes me want to play it again trying different things (simple actions like nodding or shaking your head usually sends characters off on a tangent). I would say this is one of the most purely fun VR games I've played (and I've played a lot). Basically a cross between the third-person platforming style of Astro Bot with the rambling vulgarity, comedy-adventure sensibilities of Accounting+. If you're not a fan of naughty words and sophomoric humor, there is also a censored setting which I imagine must omit a lot of dialogue. My blind playthrough took roughly 8 hours and there still seems to be quite a bit left to do, trophy-wise (not to mention, free DLC promised down the line). For those who may have been disappointed by Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, I think you will find a lot to like here.

Having played Blood & Truth and Trover Saves the Universe back-to-back, I can honestly say I find them both exemplary titles for very different reasons and would highly recommend them to everyone here.

I'm like 3-4 hours into Blood and Truth and damn the game is so much fun.

Other than experiencing some bugs, the only thing that I wish was a little better is the two handed weapons.  It's a little clunky when you switch to one, and then when trying to use them and aim it's just a bit clunky.  I've found a sniper rifle like 2x but now I just completely ignore it because I just get crushed by other guys while trying to find other people.  Maybe later on there is a better sniping section but I haven't experienced it yet.

I just finished Trover. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. I love being teased and insulted in VR, I find it hilarious. It gave me the interactivity that I craved from Blood & Truth; the game reacts and responds to almost everything you do which you gives you that extra level of immersion and makes me want to play it again trying different things (simple actions like nodding or shaking your head usually sends characters off on a tangent). I would say this is one of the most purely fun VR games I've played (and I've played a lot). Basically a cross between the third-person platforming style of Astro Bot with the rambling vulgarity, comedy-adventure sensibilities of Accounting+. If you're not a fan of naughty words and sophomoric humor, there is also a censored setting which I imagine must omit a lot of dialogue. My blind playthrough took roughly 8 hours and there still seems to be quite a bit left to do, trophy-wise (not to mention, free DLC promised down the line). For those who may have been disappointed by Rick & Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, I think you will find a lot to like here.

Having played Blood & Truth and Trover Saves the Universe back-to-back, I can honestly say I find them both exemplary titles for very different reasons and would highly recommend them to everyone here.
Agree on all the Trover stuff. I've never looked at Accounting+. I'm assuming you're saying I should check that one out ? ;)

Agree on all the Trover stuff. I've never looked at Accounting+. I'm assuming you're saying I should check that one out ? ;)
Yeah, it's a much smaller-scaled game than Trover, but it was also made by Squanch Games and features characters yelling at you and general weirdness. :D It's also moderately priced at $11.99, though it's been as low as $7.19 before.

Finished Blood & Truth last night. Ridiculously good game. Finally opened Astro Bot & Damn is this a good game too. I'm enjoying clearing out my vr backlog.

Finished Blood & Truth last night. Ridiculously good game. Finally opened Astro Bot & Damn is this a good game too. I'm enjoying clearing out my vr backlog.
Same here, with 70 hours in Odyssey and still not finished, it's great to play shorter, more unique experiences that don't devolve into a grind at points. Just finished Ghost Giant, which was great, and the first couple of hours of Blood and Truth and Trover have been great as well. It looks like month over month there are going to be pretty solid VR releases this year. Hope it moves more units during the holidays.

Going to finally set up my PSVR next week and start playing the backlog I made for myself. Will have about 30 days to play as much PSVR as possible before I have to pack it up / sell it.

Any suggestions to add to this list? I don't like FPS or horror.

• Astro Bot
  • Beat Saber
  • Blood & Truth
  • Ghost Giant
  • Moss
  • Rick and Morty
  • Superhot
  • Tetris Effect
  • Trover saves the universe

Is beat saber a digital only game? Im trying to narrow down which bundle to get. Its a toss up between the beat saber / Borderlands bundle or the Blood and truth / golf bundle

bread's done
Back