Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried the Iron Man VR demo.  It's kinda "meh".  I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky.  It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me.  Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.

Just tried the Iron Man VR demo. It's kinda "meh". I thought it was cool flying around his house and stuff but then in the actual game it just felt wonky. It's just tough to turn around and stuff in the game and just feels awkward to me. Also shooting stuff doesn't feel as fun as I thought it would.

And Pepper not looking like Pepper in the movies and RDJ not voicing Iron Man just takes a lot out of it too.
It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU.

It's not part of the MCU, so they wouldn't look/sound like the actors in the MCU.
I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said. Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ. That doesn't help.

Is it the same guy from the Squaresoft Avengers game?
It is not. Nolan North is voicing Tony Stark in the upcoming Avengers game, and while he's a really good VA, his Tony Stark sounds like Nathan Drake too much. Sounds less like a cocky genius and more like a class clown. (Probably not his fault; probably why he was hired, and was directed to be that way.)

I didn't know that but none of that changes anything I said. Still completely threw me out of it.

And whoever is playing Tony Stark is CLEARLY trying to sound like RDJ. That doesn't help.
A little. I think he sounds closer to Adrian Pasdar, who voices Tony Stark in the animated movies. I actually thought it was him until I looked up the voice actor.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

I finally got around to playing Iron Man VR today. I'm not really enjoying myself. As it's pretty much universally known, the load times are bad. Really bad. They are also frequent and come at very strange times. Sequence breaking times. One of the first load times that take you out of the game occurs when you are falling out of the plane and you get your Iron Man suit. You should just keep on playing but no, you have to endure a loading screen and then you go back to the game. Unacceptable.

I'm also having a difficult time with the controls. During the time trials when you get your new ammo, I beat it in 4 minutes and struggled to do so and Friday is like can you beat it in 1 minute? I just laughed.

Currently at chapter 3 and am playing on hard and the enemies are killing me and I'm going to have to put it to normal because every time you die, you have to sit through such a stupid long load time. What's even more frustrating is when it says loading is done 100% you have to wait another 15 to 20 seconds and stare at a black screen. So the game isn't even done loading when it says it's done loading.

The developer gave an interview about this and basically said it's his fault and please just look past the long load times. Such a stupid excuse. I really hope I get a hang of the controls and I think putting it on normal or even easy and just getting this game over and done with will make it more enjoyable than dying a lot on hard mode and staring at long load times. Oh and the graphics are really lacking.

I gave up on Iron Man VR. I really enjoyed the demo, but after getting Hong Kong (I think) and seeing graphics that made Zone of the Enders look current gen, coupled with the frustrations of both load times and controls, I just...haven't stuck the disc back in.

Sounds like it's just not for you two. The load times were not bad for me, personally. I had one that was around 45 seconds, and every other load time was between 10 and 20 seconds. 

I wouldn't jump straight into Hard without getting a handle of the game first, since enemies come from every direction and on certain levels it's easy to get surrounded and pummeled.

But if you aren't getting a handle of the controls by now, I hesitate to think you will at all. I know for me, like most, I settled right into the controls. It felt natural. Every once in a while my hand wasn't angled enough for the weapon I wanted to fire, but I was flying around, making quick turns and avoiding things with ease.

I'll say this though: the dev times on the challenges are ridiculously low. I have a feeling those times were set towards the end of development after the devs had had a year or two of play testing under their belts. Even with my handle of the controls, I was still off the dev time on the very first challenge by a minute and a half after my first try, and I only let up on the boost once or twice.

Sounds like it's just not for you two. The load times were not bad for me, personally. I had one that was around 45 seconds, and every other load time was between 10 and 20 seconds.

I wouldn't jump straight into Hard without getting a handle of the game first, since enemies come from every direction and on certain levels it's easy to get surrounded and pummeled.

But if you aren't getting a handle of the controls by now, I hesitate to think you will at all. I know for me, like most, I settled right into the controls. It felt natural. Every once in a while my hand wasn't angled enough for the weapon I wanted to fire, but I was flying around, making quick turns and avoiding things with ease.

I'll say this though: the dev times on the challenges are ridiculously low. I have a feeling those times were set towards the end of development after the devs had had a year or two of play testing under their belts. Even with my handle of the controls, I was still off the dev time on the very first challenge by a minute and a half after my first try, and I only let up on the boost once or twice.
I call BS. I'm on a PS4 Pro and during the third chapter I had to wait 2 minutes and 20 seconds for it to load. Even if you are using an SSD there's no way you're cutting load times that much. Just dying and coming back to life takes an average of 50 seconds sometimes up to a minute and 20 seconds. I did seven tests and none of them were only 10-20 seconds. You're either misremembering or you aren't actually using a timer. Your concept of time is way off.

Chapter 4 you do that flight test and it took one minute and 15 seconds to load that up. I did absolutely horrible in the flight test 6 minutes and 57 seconds so I still don't have the flight controls down but loading back to the menu took 59 seconds. Not sure when you played last but boot the game back up and you'll see just how bad the load times are. Actually time them this time don't just guess because you're a terrible guesser.

I call BS. I'm on a PS4 Pro and during the third chapter I had to wait 2 minutes and 20 seconds for it to load. Even if you are using an SSD there's no way you're cutting load times that much. Just dying and coming back to life takes an average of 50 seconds sometimes up to a minute and 20 seconds. I did seven tests and none of them were only 10-20 seconds. You're either misremembering or you aren't actually using a timer. Your concept of time is way off.

Chapter 4 you do that flight test and it took one minute and 15 seconds to load that up. I did absolutely horrible in the flight test 6 minutes and 57 seconds so I still don't have the flight controls down but loading back to the menu took 59 seconds. Not sure when you played last but boot the game back up and you'll see just how bad the load times are. Actually time them this time don't just guess because you're a terrible guesser.
I have never had waits that long. I played on launch day with the day one patch, on a Pro. And I did, I sat there and counted because I read/watched a few reviews before the game came out. But hanks for the condescension on counting and how time operates... I wasn't calling anyone out or criticizing them for the load times they experienced. I was just sharing my experience, because it's clearly not the same for everyone.

I have never had waits that long. I played on launch day with the day one patch, on a Pro. And I did, I sat there and counted because I read/watched a few reviews before the game came out. But hanks for the condescension on counting and how time operates... I wasn't calling anyone out or criticizing them for the load times they experienced. I was just sharing my experience, because it's clearly not the same for everyone.
How? How did your game load that much quicker than mine? If we both played on a Pro and you don't have a solid state drive, how is your game loading so much faster than mine and EVERYONE elses? I've watched several youtube reviews and they all mention bad load times and that they are between 45-90 seconds on average. How are you the only person experiencing 10-20 second load times? Did you beat the game? Played every level? You haven't played since launch day? Sure, some levels load faster than others but my god, none of them are as quick as 10-20 seconds like you claim. Hell, only 45 seconds would be welcomed which you claim that's the longest you've gotten. BS!

Check out this live stream I found. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3352&v=mZBkp9em1kA&feature=emb_logo

Watch that and then come back here and post that your game is any different. 55:45 in he loads up chapter 6 and it takes over 2 min to load into the iron man suit. Get out of here with your I've never waited longer than 45 seconds and I only wait 15-20 seconds for my game to load crap.

Hidden gems sale has a few VR deals. Pixel Ripped 1989 is the lowest it has been at $5.99 (PS+ price). I will probably buy it. Shooty Fruity has matched its lowest historical price of $8.99, also tempting.

Sold my gen 1 PSVR a while back after only playing a couple games, but picked up a gen 2 set over the weekend (great deal on FB marketplace). I already had Rush of Blood, Firewall Zero Hour, and VR Worlds on PSN. I picked up Trover and Blood and Truth from Walmart clearance, and Astro Bot from GS. Got a physical copy of Superhot from a pawn shop lol. Any other “must haves” that have come out over the past year or two? I’m looking at iron man, Vader, and Rez infinite. I played Astro Bot tonight and am having a great time with it so far!

Sold my gen 1 PSVR a while back after only playing a couple games, but picked up a gen 2 set over the weekend (great deal on FB marketplace). I already had Rush of Blood, Firewall Zero Hour, and VR Worlds on PSN. I picked up Trover and Blood and Truth from Walmart clearance, and Astro Bot from GS. Got a physical copy of Superhot from a pawn shop lol. Any other “must haves” that have come out over the past year or two? I’m looking at iron man, Vader, and Rez infinite. I played Astro Bot tonight and am having a great time with it so far!
Moss

Beat Saber

Resident Evil 7

EDIT:

Sorry just saw you said over the past year or two.

If you have two moves, you have to play walking dead:saints and sinners.

Take it for what it's worth, but Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is up on Gamefly with a release date of 11/3/20.  I know this isn't an official confirmation of a physical release but it's possible.

Take it for what it's worth, but Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is up on Gamefly with a release date of 11/3/20. I know this isn't an official confirmation of a physical release but it's possible.
https://twitter.com/WalkingDeadVR/status/1301299629141766146

I was looking into Beat Saber and noticed something wild: according to PSPrices it’s never been on sale since it’s release date over a year ago. I know that sites not always reliable but still.

I was looking into Beat Saber and noticed something wild: according to PSPrices it’s never been on sale since it’s release date over a year ago. I know that sites not always reliable but still.
Same has been true for the PC version. I'm resigned to paying full price for it on PS4 (again). At least we can get the PSN credit for less than $1 per $1

Doesn't surprise me. Fruit Ninja VR was released four years ago and has never been on sale. Remember, publishers are only willing to drop the price to put a game on sale when they feel like they need to in order to get sales. Considering how Beat Sabre has remained consistently popular this whole time, they likely see no need to put it on sale. So what if a handful of people don't by it because it's not on sale when 100x that many people are okay buying it when it's not on sale?

Yeah it's the same thing with Nintendo first party titles.  Those rarely go on sale and are full price years into the life cycle a lot of the time.  But they are also constantly at the top of the all time sales charts.  

it's economics 101.  They don't need to put it on sale.

So Iron Man is 30 bucks (25% off). Anyone here can speak to patch improvements? Worth getting for a mild discount?
My kid loves it. I haven't played it myself, but watching him play it I would be annoyed by the amount of Tony Stark experience relative to Iron Man experience. I personally wouldn't be wowed to be TP walking around his house or lab, but the action looks like a lot of fun.

The loading screens actually have targets you can shoot while you wait, so it's less boring than listening to Pepper talk. She's a great character in the comics but she's a garbage nothing in the MCU and in this game too.

Any recommendation outside of the usual? (already have Astro Bot, Iron Man, Moss)
Well I can say Saints and Sinners is considered to have an excellent PSVR port and generally the highest rated VR game across platforms in a while. It's 30 bucks as well (25% off). I'm not sure I have the nerves for horror as I only played RE7 for a couple of hours.

Well I can say Saints and Sinners is considered to have an excellent PSVR port and generally the highest rated VR game across platforms in a while. It's 30 bucks as well (25% off). I'm not sure I have the nerves for horror as I only played RE7 for a couple of hours.
That one was on want list until they announced the physical version. I also got too scared with RE7 to keep playing so at least with physical I can resell.

Does anybody know another place since bass.com is not shipping to the US anymore for PlayStation VR titles, is there another store to order from? In the UK that ships to the US, thats trustworthy.

Walking Dead game is great! Buy it.

Anyone have any opinions on Star Wars Squadrons?  Anyone get it?

I'm curious to hear what people say about motion sickness in that game as well.

Grabbed the Iron Man bundle last night along with Trover Saves The Universe, Everyone's Golf VR, Doom VFR, and Gran Turismo Sport. Got home and bought Resident Evil Biohazard, Creed Rise To Glory, Five Nights at Freddy's Help Wanted, and AstroBot.

What else should I cop? I have EA Play and I was gonna try out the timed trial of Squadrons.

Grabbed the Iron Man bundle last night along with Trover Saves The Universe, Everyone's Golf VR, Doom VFR, and Gran Turismo Sport. Got home and bought Resident Evil Biohazard, Creed Rise To Glory, Five Nights at Freddy's Help Wanted, and AstroBot.

What else should I cop? I have EA Play and I was gonna try out the timed trial of Squadrons.
Are you buying these games on sale or full price? If full price, buy beat saber (it never goes on sale anyway).

Wipeout Fusion is really amazing. If you like the game not in VR, you'll likely love the VR experience. It's one of my favorites.

Moss is excellent and I am reading good things about Squadrons. I also recommend PS Worlds, Tetris Effect and Blood and Truth.

bread's done
Back