Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL!! Horizon Zero Dawn complete is flipping amazing! Sony is giving away some incredible games regardless if we own already or not.
Have that too. It's not the quality of the games I'm talking about, all great stuff. But like a majority of the Plus offerings over the years it's often something I have on disc already. When I said last 3 I was going by the pic. Never tried Abzu, Subnautica, and don't think I heard of Paper Beasts. I'm one of those people with like a 200+ backlog the way it is.

Have that too. It's not the quality of the games I'm talking about, all great stuff. But like a majority of the Plus offerings over the years it's often something I have on disc already. When I said last 3 I was going by the pic. Never tried Abzu, Subnautica, and don't think I heard of Paper Beasts. I'm one of those people with like a 200+ backlog the way it is.
Play Abzu. It is fantastic. It's also very short. It's like 3 hours. I paid $20 for it and did not regret it.

Picked up a Quest 2, think I'm done with Playstation till they go wireless with the headset. The convenience of being able to create a play space anywhere is really great.

How long does the battery last?
No kidding. These are hungry devices and I don't like having to monitor that. If I didn't say it before I've never used the DS4 wirelessly because of the battery. Wired internet too. One cable is less inconvenient than lag, wearing a battery, or play sessions under an hour.

I get about a couple hours of playtime. More with a battery pack. I can't disagree with you more about a battery pack being inconvenient. It actually acts as a counterbalance and makes the headset more comfortable. And I haven't had any problems with lag. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they made the next psvr a hybrid of wired and wireless, taking inspiration from the Switch. It could run in a performance boosting mode while plugged in or a battery saving mode while wireless

I get about a couple hours of playtime. More with a battery pack. I can't disagree with you more about a battery pack being inconvenient. It actually acts as a counterbalance and makes the headset more comfortable. And I haven't had any problems with lag.
The short battery life has been the argument for needing wires. I have not played a Quest before so I can't comment on whether the battery is acceptable or if the extra cost and weight of a battery pack is worth it. I can only go by what I read online and many seem to think longer gameplay is worth wires. I would think 2-3 hours before charging is worth no wires. Plus, you can still charge and play Quest wired if you want. Seems to be a win win.

On one hand you don't want to break immersion with frequent battery warnings, however I dunno how many have adjusted enough to play more than a couple hours. Really depends on the game for me. Faster games need more breaks.

Wouldn't an extended battery add a lot of weight though? The only thing I can see against wires is anything that needs a large area. Otherwise it flips behind you or the chair and you never notice it. I've been through a good number of VR games.

If you're sitting in a chair being wired to the ps5 is no big deal. If you're playing a shooter that requires changing positions and a lot of movement, it begins to make a difference. I've played superhot on psvr and oculus and it really makes a difference to me. The weight of most battery packs isn't enough to be a problem. It really does help take pressure off your face by weighing down the back of the strap and balancing the unit as a whole.

If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. We're all just in this to have fun. I just have more fun with the freedom the quest 2 gives me. Just throwing my opinion out there.

If you're sitting in a chair being wired to the ps5 is no big deal. If you're playing a shooter that requires changing positions and a lot of movement, it begins to make a difference. I've played superhot on psvr and oculus and it really makes a difference to me. The weight of most battery packs isn't enough to be a problem. It really does help take pressure off your face by weighing down the back of the strap and balancing the unit as a whole.

If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. We're all just in this to have fun. I just have more fun with the freedom the quest 2 gives me. Just throwing my opinion out there.
That's the point. The trade off for wireless seems to be worth it. Sony as of now is still going with a wired PSVR 2. It can't be a cost issue as wireless VR headsets out already show so Sony seems to think the battery is still more important. It would be interesting to see if that is the only reason for still being wired when the competition has proven wireless is fine. I would prefer no wires but I don't have a choice since I only have PSVR. As with pretty much everything, there will be people that defend Sony on the wire no matter what. I have a hard time believing that there are a lot of people that actually like and prefer all these wires on the PSVR over no wires. I want no wires but that would mean I would have to get a whole different VR headset and I am not willing to have 2 VR headsets at the moment. The only game I really wish that was on PSVR is Half Life. I am sure there are other awesome games that aren't on PSVR too.

Like I said, I prefer wires to take potential problems out of the equation. My Dualsense hasn't been unplugged yet. Maybe it's because I've been playing since I can hold a controller so wires don't feel 'foreign' to me. Plus I'm within a few feet of the console anyway. Funny note is my biggest issue with VR is it tells me I'm too close. No way to fix that though. Come to think of it, if I had Beat Saber I'm not sure it would work well.

I've played Superhot and Farpoint from the chair. Doom VFR, Rigs, RE7... I mean once in a while if I have to reach for something near the floor it'll be annoying because I lose tracking.

Enh. If the battery helps as a counterbalance then I wonder how heavy it is by itself. I assumed the battery was like a belt clip or something. Instead it goes from goggles to a football helmet. In the end yeah if the tradeoff is ok for ya then whatever. Give us the option is all.

I will take wires over wireless if it means more power and no latency.  The wires never bothered me on PSVR and I played all types of games including Farpoint where you are standing with a gun in your hand.  The wires never got in my way.  I do make sure I am positioned though so that the wire is out of the way and all of the slack is on the ground.

Not sure what everyone is talking about with latency. Have had a quest and quest 2. No issues there. 

Battery lasts a couple hours. Have a battery strapped to the back of my Frankenquest that extends that a couple hours, plus acts as a counter weight for comfort. I’ve never played more than a couple hours straight in any VR. 

Superhot and pistol whip with no wires is truly amazing. 

Do you think it's worth getting a PSVR now, or should I just wait for the PSVR2?
Considering there is no release date, price or much else known about it, I would say that depends on how badly you want to play PSVR games. I would suggest trying to find a good deal on a used one on Offerup or ebay or whatever. I would not recommend paying $350 for the Ironman bundle or other bundles I see. That's a total rip off. I take it you have a PS5? PSVR2 is only going to be for PS5 I believe. It will probably come out sometime next year. So do you want to spend the $ on one now and then buy PSVR2 next year or wherever it comes out? Just buy it now and not worry about 2? If you don't want to wait over a year to play VR games, get it now if you can find a good deal. We just don't know much about PSVR2 right now.

Has anyone here playing Rise of the Tomb Raiders VR DLC? Croft manor I think it's called. There is a black bar near the bottom of the screen for some reason. Does anyone know what that is and how to get rid if it?

I have to agree, it opened up a lot of cool gameplay ideas and I use mine regularly. Plenty of people decided it's not for them so you may find a deal there. Since nobody knows when v2 is due it could be an unnecessarily long wait.

Do you think it's worth getting a PSVR now, or should I just wait for the PSVR2?
Try looking for a deal on a local marketplace. I just sold the following bundle for $300; Playstation VR headset, case, headphones that attach to headset, 2 move controller with charging base, PS Camera, AIM controller, and 5 games. The 5 games are Tetris Effect, Blood & Truth, Ace Combat 7, Journey to the Savage Planet, and Skyrim VR.

Any suggestions on getting the Beat saber slip/code that game with one of the PSVR bundles? Having a hard time finding it online and am not the biggest fan of digital. Would at least like to have the slip/insert too.

Anyone played Tokyo Chronos?  The sequel, ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos will be out this week and should have English text

Anyone played Tokyo Chronos? The sequel, ALTDEUS: Beyond Chronos will be out this week and should have English text
I completed it. It's a good but not great story and the pacing is rough toward the middle. There are only a handful of choices in the game, and the choices are only binary. The localization is mostly good, but there's one scene that is completely out of place. It feels like it was just run through Google Translate, and I don't know if they ever fixed it (would be easy enough to patch over since it's just text). The $50 pricetag is a little high for what it is, but it looks like they either reduced the price or put it on sale on PSN and the current $30 is much more fitting.

The concept of VR VNs is interesting, but the lack of a dub does still leave you reading something instead of more actively watching the "action". Dubs are expensive and this is very much a niche title so I can't fault them there. I would like to see more games explore the space and it looks like ALTDEUS may be up my alley as well.

How is Arizona Sunshine on psvr? I see it has a deep sale price 12 for the game 15 for the deluxe version
I think it's terrible. I got it after the praise it got in here and I believe it has Aim support too, and it was as complete pile of crap. There is like nothing going on in it, an enemy here or there, and the graphics are bad. The Aim support was clearly tacked on and doesn't feel right at all.

I bought it digital when it was on sale for like $20 or something and regretted it very quickly. If it was free I wouldn't even bother downloading it to play it.

But YMMV.

How is Arizona Sunshine on psvr? I see it has a deep sale price 12 for the game 15 for the deluxe version
Arizona Sunshine is a pretty bad game that is still fun somehow. The coop mode is best, but I probably got $10 of enjoyment out of singleplayer. The expansions are both more fun than the main game, though.

Has anyone found an alternative to using Littlstar (now called Rad) for watching 3D videos on their psvr? I’ve been having all sorts of trouble with my files not showing up when using it. I’m getting really fed up with it and customer service is not helping. Plus, it would be nice not to have to pay a subscription fee just to watch stuff I already own

I'm in a hurry, so I can't post links, but Skyrim VR and Doom VFR are $10 at Best Buy. That's by far the cheapest Skyrim has ever been anywhere.

I'm in a hurry, so I can't post links, but Skyrim VR and Doom VFR are $10 at Best Buy. That's by far the cheapest Skyrim has ever been anywhere.
Skyrim VR was $3.99 during the Deep Discount clearance sale, but I have a feeling not many people were able to get in on that. My order for it was canceled during that sale.

This is a bit of generic advice, but whenever Sony does their seasonal digital sales, it pays to just go the sale section in the store and see what you like.

I literally have to hold myself back because there’s multiple VR games I’ve been meaning to play or never heard of that look cool for, often times, $5-10.

Is PS VR still being manufactured? Best Buy and Amazon don't have it in stock at MSRP at the moment. I don't want a used one, I'd rather pay more for it to be new. Prices are really high on ebay, bidding wars are likely to go over MSRP, so if this is the end of the production run, I'm going to pull the trigger and get one now.

Was really hoping for it to go on sale last Black Friday, oh well. Any thoughts, should I just go for it?

I have not seen any news that psvr is being discontinued. That being said, it’s probably not being manufactured right now either. With computing components being such a premium resource right now, I’d imagine they are just putting all their manufacturing efforts on the ps5 for now

I have not seen any news that psvr is being discontinued. That being said, it’s probably not being manufactured right now either. With computing components being such a premium resource right now, I’d imagine they are just putting all their manufacturing efforts on the ps5 for now
Well crap, Target had them in stock for shipping, but they just sold out right before I bought it. Only one store has it in stock and its a 40 minute drive. fuck me! Oh well, I'll go for a drive, it'd be nice to get out of the house for a bit.

Target has a 90 day return policy if its sealed, so I'll hold onto it and wait a bit before opening it up. And I just bought the Aim controller with Firewall as well. I love light gun shooters such as Virtua Cop and Time Crisis, so I hope this is close to being as fun as that!

Well crap, Target had them in stock for shipping, but they just sold out right before I bought it. Only one store has it in stock and its a 40 minute drive. fuck me! Oh well, I'll go for a drive, it'd be nice to get out of the house for a bit.

Target has a 90 day return policy if its sealed, so I'll hold onto it and wait a bit before opening it up. And I just bought the Aim controller with Firewall as well. I love light gun shooters such as Virtua Cop and Time Crisis, so I hope this is close to being as fun as that!
It's not. As someone that has had multiple light guns over the years, it doesn't scratch that itch but it comes close. Without a discount during the March sale, next flagship sale is usually September?

At this point why on earth would you not just wait for the PSVR 2? It’s already been confirmed to be in development, will have controllers that are actually designed for VR, and much much better hardware. As someone that owned and sold PSVR v2, it’s fun, it’s alright … but it’s nowhere near the top of the line experience of current competitors. Just let it go and wait for the next revision, even if it’s not discontinued.

PSVR2 is a long ways off. Probably a year at least if not next holiday so they might as well track one down now to play the current games. There's no telling how many of them will get "free" PSVR2 updates and it's possible that the ones that require the move controllers won't work at all.

It's not. As someone that has had multiple light guns over the years, it doesn't scratch that itch but it comes close. Without a discount during the March sale, next flagship sale is usually September?
"Comes close" is good enough I suppose. I have 5 SD CRT TVs and over 30 light guns for various systems, so if I want "the best shooting experience" then its always ready to go. There may not be anymore new PS VRs made by the time September comes around.

At this point why on earth would you not just wait for the PSVR 2? It’s already been confirmed to be in development, will have controllers that are actually designed for VR, and much much better hardware. As someone that owned and sold PSVR v2, it’s fun, it’s alright … but it’s nowhere near the top of the line experience of current competitors. Just let it go and wait for the next revision, even if it’s not discontinued.
I'm aware of PS VR2 and that it is going to be a far superior experience. Here are my reasons:

1) I don't need PS VR 2 right away, just like I didn't need PS VR 1 right away. I was hoping to pick up PS VR 1 at a nice discount, but it may not happen at this point, and since I wanted one brand new, I had to jump for it now as opposed to over MSRP on ebay.

As of this moment:
Best Buy sold out.

Amazon sold out, but a third party seller has it slightly over MSRP.

Target MSRP (they just restocked it today). I bought mine at Target with a 10% discount coupon, so slightly under MSRP.

2) I doubt all PS VR 1 games will work on PS VR 2. Sony in current times doesn't care about putting effort into legacy support outside of easy BC which is standard PS4 titles. As Tyrok stated, only a few (if any) PS VR 1 games will be patched to work on PS VR 2.

3) Even though I own an PS5, I also own a PS4 and PS4 Pro, and still wish to play VR games on those older systems.

4) I had always planned on owning both PS VR 1 and PS VR 2. I enjoy purchasing and trying out unique or quirky gaming peripherals. Last year I purchased a brand new Famicom 3D System, why? Because I wanted to try it out for myself. Was it worth it? No way!

I’d look at it like this: You waited allllll this time to get a psvr. What was the point in waiting if you’re just going to pay full msrp now? Usually people wait for a cheaper price, and it’s been cheaper, several times.
If you didnt mind waiting this long for psvr1, what’s the difference of waiting another year or two for psvr2? I cant imagine its going to cost too much more than what you’re willing to spend on the old joint right now. I also cant imagine that it wont be backwards compatible with the current psvr stuff anyway. Assuming impatience isn't a contributing factor, there’s literally no reason to not be a little more patient and get the better unit in a year or two. (I’d be surprised if it was more than a year out).

bread's done
Back