Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m just saying, unless there’s a “must have” list of PSVR games you absolutely can’t live without playing, I would personally wait or grab a Quest 2 or some other newer headset. Having owned and played a number of PSVR games, there’s not a lot that’s must play and isn’t done better elsewhere. Plus, they’ve already said that PSVR games will be compatible with PSVR 2, so no reason not to wait and save some money. Edit - Hasn’t been fully confirmed, but there’s speculation many will be since they’ve kept compatibility on the PS5 for v1 games. Either way, most of the PSVR stuff just isn’t mind blowing compared to newer VR titles. Just my 2 cents … also worth noting that Sony is terrible at support for older tech after they release new versions … examples being PS Vita, PS Eye, the move controllers to an extent …

As someone who owns about 15 light gun arcade games, I'd say comparing arcade light gun games to Farpoint with Aim is apple to oranges.  They are just completely different and IMO scratch different itches.

Farpoint isn't on rails at all.  Every light gun game I own is either on rails or it's some sort of gallery shooter.  They are just completely different experiences and IMO, not really comparable.  

But as mentioned, if you wanted Farpoint + Aim to scratch your light gun itch, it's not going to do it.   They are just different.

I’d look at it like this: You waited allllll this time to get a psvr. What was the point in waiting if you’re just going to pay full msrp now? Usually people wait for a cheaper price, and it’s been cheaper, several times.
If you didnt mind waiting this long for psvr1, what’s the difference of waiting another year or two for psvr2? I cant imagine its going to cost too much more than what you’re willing to spend on the old joint right now. I also cant imagine that it wont be backwards compatible with the current psvr stuff anyway. Assuming impatience isn't a contributing factor, there’s literally no reason to not be a little more patient and get the better unit in a year or two. (I’d be surprised if it was more than a year out).
Sony hasn't made the PSVR in large quantities in a long time so there wasn't really going to be a need to "clearance" them off. I haven't seen a single one in my store since before the holidays so they might have quietly discontinued it or are just waiting for a game big enough to justify a new bundle.

I wasnt referring to clearance (though Walmart clearanced out a few Christmas bundles over the years), I meant regular ass sales. The unit was $200 several times.

The next Days of Play event is now so I whiffed on that call, but I'm not seeing anything with psvr hardware. Seems a signal it may indeed be harder to find now.

I saw a full priced psvr bundle at my walmart last week, so they are still around. I live out in the boonies so maybe check your rural areas on brickseek.

Who can comment on Vacation Simulator? I had Job Simulator but luckily I had it on disc and was able to sell it when I was done. I had a blast with it, but it was also one of my earliest VR titles, so I could be a bit more forgiving on things, and was just more in awe of being in a VR world. How does VS compare? Is there any replay value, how is the tracking, etc?

Edit: the question was sparked by the fact that VS is currently on sale for $20 as part of the indie sale https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0503-CUSA12586_00-VACATIONSIMULATR

Who can comment on Vacation Simulator? I had Job Simulator but luckily I had it on disc and was able to sell it when I was done. I had a blast with it, but it was also one of my earliest VR titles, so I could be a bit more forgiving on things, and was just more in awe of being in a VR world. How does VS compare? Is there any replay value, how is the tracking, etc?

Edit: the question was sparked by the fact that VS is currently on sale for $20 as part of the indie sale https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0503-CUSA12586_00-VACATIONSIMULATR
I haven't played it yet, but I watched my son play it. It seems like it has a lot more variety of activities compared to Job Simulator. Same humor, so if you liked Job Simulator I'm sure you'll like Vacation Simulator, too.

As someone who owns about 15 light gun arcade games, I'd say comparing arcade light gun games to Farpoint with Aim is apple to oranges. They are just completely different and IMO scratch different itches.

Farpoint isn't on rails at all. Every light gun game I own is either on rails or it's some sort of gallery shooter. They are just completely different experiences and IMO, not really comparable.

But as mentioned, if you wanted Farpoint + Aim to scratch your light gun itch, it's not going to do it. They are just different.
I completely agree with this. There are many, many lightgun-esque games on PSVR (VRigade 1 and 2 probably being the best...and I'd say that even Blood and Truth *almost* counts) but games like Arizona Sunshine and Farpoint are much more FPS than they are lightgun games.

Brought my PS5 and PSVR over to a friends last week. It was his first time with the VR but he has a PS4. He started researching games and he started listing games and experiences that I used to have on my PS4 but don't on my PS5. There was a whole app/program with VR movies like diving underwater and going through a safari but I can't find them on my PS5. Are those apps/experiences going to be coming to PS5 or will I no longer be able to play/watch them ever again? I suggested hooking up my PSVR to his PS4 but he says he will just buy his own.

They showed Moss 2 in the State of Play today.  That game is going to be incredible!  Too bad no release date so probably next year.

https://youtu.be/dmrbsPbg3v4

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/sniper-elite-vr-12-minutes

I thought this game was released yesterday but the PlayStation store reflects “To be confirmed”. Did Rebellion delayed it for the PS4?

Anyway, I think that other game developers should follow suit with their release of their dormant rail shooter franchises on VR. Especially, with the interactivity and the overall game mechanics of the PS VR Aim Controller which was well utilized in Farpoint. Konami should transition their Silent Scope rail shooter series and Police 911 or Police 24/7 into virtual reality. Sega can also apply the same VR treatment to Confidential Mission, The House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Bandai Namco Entertainment has Time Crisis which could also benefit from a VR experience. It seems that the only game that has a first-person on-rails light gun shooter for PS4 is the MARS Starter Pack Big Buck Hunter Arcade.

Also, those coin-operated arcade shooters that never saw a release on consoles such as Sega's Rambo (2008) light gun shooter, Atari’s Area 51/Maximum Force, Capcom's Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault (Sega and Namco), Sega's Jurassic Park Arcade, Namco's DeadStorm Pirates, Razing Storm, and Vampire Night, Transformers Human Alliance, Aliens: Armageddon, etc. Well perhaps some may not be adequate for VR but if its architecture gameplay mechanic is developed like Blood & Truth then the result can be possible.

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/sniper-elite-vr-12-minutes

I thought this game was released yesterday but the PlayStation store reflects “To be confirmed”. Did Rebellion delayed it for the PS4?

Anyway, I think that other game developers should follow suit with their release of their dormant rail shooter franchises on VR. Especially, with the interactivity and the overall game mechanics of the PS VR Aim Controller which was well utilized in Farpoint. Konami should transition their Silent Scope rail shooter series and Police 911 or Police 24/7 into virtual reality. Sega can also apply the same VR treatment to Confidential Mission, The House of the Dead, and Virtua Cop. Bandai Namco Entertainment has Time Crisis which could also benefit from a VR experience. It seems that the only game that has a first-person on-rails light gun shooter for PS4 is the MARS Starter Pack Big Buck Hunter Arcade.

Also, those coin-operated arcade shooters that never saw a release on consoles such as Sega's Rambo (2008) light gun shooter, Atari’s Area 51/Maximum Force, Capcom's Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault (Sega and Namco), Sega's Jurassic Park Arcade, Namco's DeadStorm Pirates, Razing Storm, and Vampire Night, Transformers Human Alliance, Aliens: Armageddon, etc. Well perhaps some may not be adequate for VR but if its architecture gameplay mechanic is developed like Blood & Truth then the result can be possible.
Agreed 100%!

Sniper Elite VR (PSVR)

Scope out this Sniper Elite VR footage: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/sniper-elite-vr-12-minutes

It's there... maybe just a small hiccup? Who knows... either way I'll be checking it out.
https://store.playstation.com/product/UP4363-CUSA11506_00-SNIPERELITEPVR01

Ninja Assault and Vampire Night both got console releases. I know because I bought both of them for PS2 with a packed in GunCon2. I miss those games and would love to play them again somehow

I’m still working my way through the 1200+ item sale, but want to throw out a recommendation for Batman Arkham VR for only $5

On another note, who can compare Dance Collider to Beat Saber? Seems like kind of a cheap ripoff, but maybe fun anyway?

Thanks for the info. Same pre-order discount on the Quest store, I think I’ll be getting that version for better controls (even though it means spending real money rather than cheaper PSN wallet funds). I have the original on PSVR, and recently started playing it again (almost done with the Train mission (I think)).

First time I ever looked in this thread...I came here because I was looking to see if the PS4 has experiences like the ones I enjoyed on PS3:

Socom 4 Deployment edition (required PS Move, Camera, etc.) 

Time Crisis 4 with Guncon and sensors 

Cabela's Dangerous Hunt with Top Elite Gun

I'm mainly looking for fun with on-rail shooters.  I thought it would be simple to just grab a PS Move, a sensor/camera device and whatever gun peripheral.  Then look for PS move compatible shooters...was I off here?  Do I have to have a VR headset for gun peripheral shooters on the PS4? 

[...] was I off here? Do I have to have a VR headset for gun peripheral shooters on the PS4?
They might exist, but I’ve not heard of any non-VR games that are Move or Aim (the gun) compatible. If you do get VR though, there are plenty of gun games. They are going to be a bit different from the rail shooters you mentioned, but will likely be close enough to what you are looking for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Y8jeuiavM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dis13l_IglA

I haven't watched the full videos yet but so far, Cave Digger Riches for only 99 cents is a no brainer for me. Let me know if you see any games in the vids that you really recommend if he doesn't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qr-D3nKiLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxg1aQ-HGis

Red Matter is game I've never heard of that has gotten great reviews and he recommends. What are some other games you've bought from this sale or recommend?

Red Matter is game I've never heard of that has gotten great reviews and he recommends. What are some other games you've bought from this sale or recommend?
Well, here's what I am getting from the sale:

Cave Digger: Riches (thanks to you)

DOOM VFR

Rush VR

Final Assault

Mortal Blitz

The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets

Happy Drummer

Along Together

Kona VR Bundle

Some of these I did watch individual review videos from them (haven't watched these mega review vids) or reviews from elsewhere. Most of these are around $5 or less so pretty painless even if they aren't all the bestest or have a ton of content.

Red Matter is on my radar, I'll look at it again on the next sale.

Well, here's what I am getting from the sale:

Cave Digger: Riches (thanks to you)

DOOM VFR

Rush VR

Final Assault

Mortal Blitz

The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets

Happy Drummer

Along Together

Kona VR Bundle

Some of these I did watch individual review videos from them (haven't watched these mega review vids) or reviews from elsewhere. Most of these are around $5 or less so pretty painless even if they aren't all the bestest or have a ton of content.

Red Matter is on my radar, I'll look at it again on the next sale.
Do you expect Red Matter to be even cheaper? This is the cheapest it's ever been according to the PS prices sites.

Do you expect Red Matter to be even cheaper? This is the cheapest it's ever been according to the PS prices sites.
I think the price is fine, just limiting how much I'm buying at this time. If it is the same price or lower will probably buy the next time it is on sale.

Looks like my list of this sale will be:

Knockout League: $5
Final Assault: $5
Cave Digger: $1
Gun Club: $6
Mortal Blitz: $5
Vader Immortal: $15

Still considering Racket Fury ($7) and Mini Motor X ($6). Any input?

Looks like my list of this sale will be:

Knockout League: $5
Final Assault: $5
Cave Digger: $1
Gun Club: $6
Mortal Blitz: $5
Vader Immortal: $15

Still considering Racket Fury ($7) and Mini Motor X ($6). Any input?
I ended up getting Mortal Blitz since that hasn't been on sale since 2019, and Cave Digger since it is only $1

Does anyone know of a site that lists which PSVR games have a disc release and which ones are only digital? Some of these games for sale I am interested in but I would rather see if I can get them used on a physical disc. Star Wars Pinball is one I would like but it's sale price is higher than I want to spend. I can't find the disc version of that though. Can only find it for Switch.

Does anyone know of a site that lists which PSVR games have a disc release and which ones are only digital? Some of these games for sale I am interested in but I would rather see if I can get them used on a physical disc. Star Wars Pinball is one I would like but it's sale price is higher than I want to spend. I can't find the disc version of that though. Can only find it for Switch.
There's no disc version for Star Wars Pinball VR. I don't know of any site that tracks disc vs digital VR releases, but usually a search with shopping options provides enough info.

Got a pretty big haul from the sale and also marked a bunch more on psprices for price drop alerts. I bought:

Floor Plan $2.99
Along Together $5.99
Intruders: Hide and Seek $1.99
Knockout League $5.99
Mortal Blitz $4.99
Apex Construct $4.99
Red Matter $7.49
Pinball FX2 VR Ultimate Bundle $8.99
Gun Club VR $6.24
Crisis VRigade $4.49
The Curious Tale of the Stolen Pets $4.49
Virtual Virtual Reality $6.99

This might help:

https://limitedgamenews.com/retail-psvr-games/

Not sure if it is up to date though. I know there's a well maintained Google spreadsheet out there which I've seen in the past, but I don't have the link for it.

Some notes:

Rush VR has a free DLC

Buying the VR edition of Happy Drummer also gives you the regular (not on sale) version (separate games with separate trophies)

Along Together includes a dynamic theme

The Kona VR bundle is the regular Kona (not on sale) with VR as a DLC, can play both ways

Some notes:

Rush VR has a free DLC

Buying the VR edition of Happy Drummer also gives you the regular (not on sale) version (separate games with separate trophies)

Along Together includes a dynamic theme

The Kona VR bundle is the regular Kona (not on sale) with VR as a DLC, can play both ways
Kona is worth it at that price. I already played it on Game Pass but only because it was leaving and I didn't know it had a VR version until like 3 weeks after I beat it. I checked out Happy Drummer but it's not a game I would play more than once or twice considering it has no licensed music and subpar graphics even if it's $2.99. The Beat Saber demo I have looks like it will be enough when I'm in the mood for a rhythm game.

Getting a PS5 deliverd tomorrow. Any psvr games I should bump up the priority for (to take advantage of upgrades the console might provide)?

Getting a PS5 deliverd tomorrow. Any psvr games I should bump up the priority for (to take advantage of upgrades the console might provide)?
I heard that Blood and Truth got a good upgrade. I can tell you from experience that Iron Man loads way quicker. I think there is a list of games.

I'm all ready for whenever PSVR2 comes out. I traded in my PS4 Pro and more today at Gamestop because of their really good promos and have $454 credit to use whenever Sony releases it. Next year sometime hopefully.

I’m starting to have some substantial peeling on the padding of my v2 headset. I tried to google new pads but could not find anything. Anybody know about where to get replacements?

bread's done
Back