Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Other than Sniper Elite VR for $17.99, does anyone else see any good games to grab for the PSN black Friday sale? I hate that they won't let us sort by "VR," so I can never tell what they have.

Can anyone comment of using the psvr for no man’s sky?
Late reply, but I enjoy it. When you're walking around, it doesn't really add that much, and some of the vegetation looks billboarded (basically like 2D cut-outs if you look at them from the side). But when I got into the cockpit of my ship for the first time and took off and looked out the side, down at the planet I was just walking on, that felt surprisingly real and neat.

Other than Sniper Elite VR for $17.99, does anyone else see any good games to grab for the PSN black Friday sale? I hate that they won't let us sort by "VR," so I can never tell what they have.
I bought Hitman 3 disc in Gamestops B2G1 used games sale. $18.99. Iron Man is $9 used $10 new still at GS and Blood and truth was $9 at Walmart. That deals over though. Always check physical deals first.

Vacation Simulator for $20–yay or nay? I really liked Job Simulator when I played it, but it was also one of my first VR experiences. Plus it had zero replay value. Loved the humor in it

Yep- every update they give about this without mentioning PS VR1 backwards compatibility makes it less and less likely it will be an included feature. I hope I’m wrong, though!

I would be really surprised if it didn't support PS VR1 games as backward compatibility to PS4 games is a core part of the PS5.  

Hopefully they were just talking about the technical side of things.  That's my hope.  

I'll be shocked as well if it doesn't support PS4 PSVR games.

There is zero reason for them to mention that at this point though from a marketing point of view.  They have hardly given any information at all about it other than some high level tech specs and the controllers.  We don't even know what it looks like yet.

Now that I think about it.  Some games might require some updates to get the new controllers to work in place of the old "light bulb" style controllers.  

I would tend to think that any dev that has games on Steam VR or Oculus should be able to convert that without a major issue though.  

What worries me about the possibility of backward compatibility is that the PSVR2 won't use an external camera like the PSVR does.  All the software developed for the PSVR currently relies on the input through that camera (such as why you can't play games like Hitman 3 or No Man's Sky with a Dualsense. -- The external camera is looking for the specific shape of the Dualshock 4 for the motion controls.)

What worries me about the possibility of backward compatibility is that the PSVR2 won't use an external camera like the PSVR does. All the software developed for the PSVR currently relies on the input through that camera (such as why you can't play games like Hitman 3 or No Man's Sky with a Dualsense. -- The external camera is looking for the specific shape of the Dualshock 4 for the motion controls.)
Oh, very good point. Though it doesn't seem like it would be much of an ask to emulate the old tracking with the new tracking hardware. But who knows, Sony struggles with backward compatibility so it could be an issue for sure.

I'm cautiously optimistic for backwards compatibility since a lot of things people point to like using the camera for tracking and using moves for control are really all abstracted through apis, so if Sony does a good job at making compatible apis it could work. I've got my fingers crossed, but won't count any chickens until we get official word from Sony.

What worries me about the possibility of backward compatibility is that the PSVR2 won't use an external camera like the PSVR does. All the software developed for the PSVR currently relies on the input through that camera (such as why you can't play games like Hitman 3 or No Man's Sky with a Dualsense. -- The external camera is looking for the specific shape of the Dualshock 4 for the motion controls.)
Shit! I never even considered this. Now i hate myself for buying 50 VR games just to sit on them for better hardware that wont run them... :bomb:

Ouch...I traded all of my dualshock 4's with my ps4 pro the last time Gamestop was giving high values. Anyone have a recommendation on where to look for Dualshock 4 deals? Now I feel like a fool lol

The fact that they are still selling it for so much makes me believe that psvr 2 will be $500. This bundle is a total rip-off. Psvr has gone down little in price since launching 6 years ago. No wonder the attach rate is so small and it's not more popular. Considering the fact that Oculus 2 is cheaper and wireless and more powerful makes you wonder why Sony continues to sell it for such a high price. I just can't see Sony launching Psvr 2 for only $50 more than PSVR 1.

Yes I know that this bundle comes with a game, camera and 2 move controllers but it's still way too expensive considering you also need to have a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 in order to play it. If Sony seriously wants more people to use VR, the price needs to be more consumer-friendly. This bundle should be minimum $200 and Psvr 2 should launch at $299-$350.

In my opinion, still asking $350 for this bundle 6 years later is not a good marker on Sony's plans for PSVR 2. You's think they want to get rid of stock and sell it for a low enough price to hook people into getting a Psvr 2 but that's obviously not the plan and it's worrisome.

PSVR isn't exactly readily available new either, though, so they can probably still get away with selling it for $350. I think PSVR2's price will be in line with the first PSVR, whenever it releases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF-vWzIASaQ

I'm gonna get Dirt Rally to add to the backlog.

For those of you that want to also get Dirt Rally, it's here under editions

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4001-CUSA03766_00-DIRTRALLYLABELNA/

or if you want to buy on console, you need to go to the Dirt Rally game on the PS store and then go to the 3 dots and you will see the PSVR bundle for $3.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF-vWzIASaQ

I'm gonna get Dirt Rally to add to the backlog.

For those of you that want to also get Dirt Rally, it's here under editions

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4001-CUSA03766_00-DIRTRALLYLABELNA/

or if you want to buy on console, you need to go to the Dirt Rally game on the PS store and then go to the 3 dots and you will see the PSVR bundle for $3.99.
Dirt Rally to this day is still the only VR game that i can't be in for more than 5 minutes. Something about the frame or refresh rate makes me nauseaus as all hell.

The fact that they are still selling it for so much makes me believe that psvr 2 will be $500. This bundle is a total rip-off. Psvr has gone down little in price since launching 6 years ago. No wonder the attach rate is so small and it's not more popular. Considering the fact that Oculus 2 is cheaper and wireless and more powerful makes you wonder why Sony continues to sell it for such a high price. I just can't see Sony launching Psvr 2 for only $50 more than PSVR 1.

Yes I know that this bundle comes with a game, camera and 2 move controllers but it's still way too expensive considering you also need to have a PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 in order to play it. If Sony seriously wants more people to use VR, the price needs to be more consumer-friendly. This bundle should be minimum $200 and Psvr 2 should launch at $299-$350.

In my opinion, still asking $350 for this bundle 6 years later is not a good marker on Sony's plans for PSVR 2. You's think they want to get rid of stock and sell it for a low enough price to hook people into getting a Psvr 2 but that's obviously not the plan and it's worrisome.
randomly saw 3 ps vr iron man units at walmart of all places, at msrp of course. i know these posts were from january, but I thought it was weird that at least this store got a restock.

i got my PSVR during that GameStop black friday sale in 2019. played one of those free ps plus games i got which was called RIGS. i cant even get through the tutorial and i was about to puke. ever since then, never touch it.

i got my PSVR during that GameStop black friday sale in 2019. played one of those free ps plus games i got which was called RIGS. i cant even get through the tutorial and i was about to puke. ever since then, never touch it.
RIGS isn't great. I had the same issue with it, but I don't have that issue with any other VR game. Definitely check other games out. There's a lot of great stuff on the platform.

randomly saw 3 ps vr iron man units at walmart of all places, at msrp of course. i know these posts were from january, but I thought it was weird that at least this store got a restock.
I saw the same thing at a Walmart I was at but they had 2 of them at full price.

See this is the problem, you randomly picked a game that wasn't good for you and it scarred you. I had no problem with any PSVR game until I played the PS Worlds game Scavengers Odyssey. After 10 min or so, I felt horrible and had to turn it off and lay down and was feeling bad until I feel asleep. I tried it again weeks later and was fine. You need to get your VR legs with some games or maybe certain games just don't work for you and so you can just avoid them. I always start off people with the PS Worlds game Oceans Decent. None have stopped because they were feeling bad. I highly recommend you try PSVR again with a different game like the one I start people with.

I saw the same thing at a Walmart I was at but they had 2 of them at full price.

See this is the problem, you randomly picked a game that wasn't good for you and it scarred you. I had no problem with any PSVR game until I played the PS Worlds game Scavengers Odyssey. After 10 min or so, I felt horrible and had to turn it off and lay down and was feeling bad until I feel asleep. I tried it again weeks later and was fine. You need to get your VR legs with some games or maybe certain games just don't work for you and so you can just avoid them. I always start off people with the PS Worlds game Oceans Decent. None have stopped because they were feeling bad. I highly recommend you try PSVR again with a different game like the one I start people with.
i will definitely go back to it. i just need to take out and hook up the VR stuff back. i still need to play Astro Bot.

What are the thoughts on Apollo 11 VR and Titanic VR. I have seriously thought of investing in a VR primarily for those. Also, seems they never made physical copies of those or if they did I can't find them. If the next VR is backward compatible with current ones then I probably should wait seeing the hefty prices the PSVR stuff is bringing still yet.

What are the thoughts on Apollo 11 VR and Titanic VR. I have seriously thought of investing in a VR primarily for those. Also, seems they never made physical copies of those or if they did I can't find them. If the next VR is backward compatible with current ones then I probably should wait seeing the hefty prices the PSVR stuff is bringing still yet.
I think they're both really good, but they're educational experiences and not games. If you're interested in seeing/experiencing what it's like to be an Apollo astronaut or diving down and exploring the titanic, then this is probably the best way to that for the foreseeable future. As far as I know there hasn't been a physical release for either. I backed the Titanic one on kickstarter and I don't remember there being an option for physical as I would have choose that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW96Afc20g

I didn't watch because I don't want any spoilers but I think most reviews are positive. The first book is so charming so I am excited to play the second book.

The original came out at the end of March in 2016. Given the timing (relatively early April), I legitimately wonder if they signed a 6-year VR exclusivity deal with Oculus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW96Afc20g

I didn't watch because I don't want any spoilers but I think most reviews are positive. The first book is so charming so I am excited to play the second book.
I'm definitely going to play Moss 2 at some point, but for now I'm waiting to see what happens with PSVR2 - specifically whether it ends up being backwards compatible or whether an "enhanced" version of Moss 2 comes out for it.

Kind of unfortunate timing to release on the precipice of PSVR2, as I imagine a lot of others are in a similar boat.

bread's done
Back