Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/1620466201901015054

I don't know what is true but I know I am waiting on a price drop or revision if I do pick it up.

There's also the matter of just recently having the PS5 more readily available. I'm sure that plays into the forecast change too, since you need the system and I don't see someone buying a PS5 and then immediately buying a PSVR2.

I don't have a PS5 yet (come on Spider-Man edition PS5 redesign, do it!), so it doesn't matter how much I want a PSVR2 at launch. But I'd rather wait for a slight revision or better bundle too. That's when I jumped on PSVR1.

I think the marketing had a pretty big problem. No backwards compatibility between games, sold exclusively through the Sony store and by invite only. Games appear to be digital only so that will make fore even less marketability when average consumers won't even know the thing exists. Average consumers will never see the hardware or software anywhere they shop. And even if they do come across it, they will likely look at the price and if they adopted the original psvr, will feel content with their original purchase enough to not want to buy the new version. Or be so turned off from the prospect of rebuying all new psvr titles that they'll feel cheated in their investment.

PSVR2 is not only being sold through Sony Direct on their website nor by invite only.  I'm not sure why you thought that.

There are also plenty of games already announced to have free PSVR2 upgrades from their PSVR counterparts.

You can't just flip a switch and make PSVR games work.  It's a totally different technology and way of input between the two.  It's nice that we are getting the free upgrades for the titles we are.

https://twitter.com/Chris_Dring/status/1620466201901015054

I don't know what is true but I know I am waiting on a price drop or revision if I do pick it up.
Yep, Sony had to officially call out the blog that made up the numbers in the first place, then made up more numbers to support a fake reduction to drum up views.

Excited that it comes out in less than a month, my PSVR1 is ready for retirement.

PSVR2 is not only being sold through Sony Direct on their website nor by invite only. I'm not sure why you thought that.

There are also plenty of games already announced to have free PSVR2 upgrades from their PSVR counterparts.

You can't just flip a switch and make PSVR games work. It's a totally different technology and way of input between the two. It's nice that we are getting the free upgrades for the titles we are.
Please link other retailers for psvr2.

Yep, Sony had to officially call out the blog that made up the numbers in the first place, then made up more numbers to support a fake reduction to drum up views.

Excited that it comes out in less than a month, my PSVR1 is ready for retirement.
The original source for the cut projections was Bloomberg, not exactly a small outlet.

Dunno why Sony declined to comment when Bloomberg asked and then did respond when GameIndustry re-ran the story, feels like they could've saved themselves some damage control by just responding to the former. Then again, Sony PR's always been a bit weird.

Perp Games announced in their showcase on Monday that they have two upcoming games with physical releases on psvr 2.

And I do believe Sony said in a blog post that certain regions, including the US, would only have preorders available through Sony direct

The original source for the cut projections was Bloomberg, not exactly a small outlet.

Dunno why Sony declined to comment when Bloomberg asked and then did respond when GameIndustry re-ran the story, feels like they could've saved themselves some damage control by just responding to the former. Then again, Sony PR's always been a bit weird.
I always laugh with all the "requests for comment", I'm sure plenty of times it's not worth the no comment. Keeping my pre-order.

Almost seems like someone saw it, declined to comment, then a higher up saw it and went, what in the hell? We can't have out there, correct it.

What's interesting is the original report said forecast, the "correction" mentions they have no plans to cut production. Now maybe that's just an oversight when they were writing it up, or they're planning to still produce the same amount but internally projecting to sell less and warning their supply partners they could be ordering less going forward. The original and the "correction" could both potentially be true.

I always laugh with all the "requests for comment", I'm sure plenty of times it's not worth the no comment. Keeping my pre-order.
That's definitely possible as well. The original was completely false, they did the usual decline to comment on speculation or whatever, then went, oh wait we gotta get ahead of this because it could do some real damage to sales and sought out another outlet to correct.

My hype for the headset is amplified by the hype that developers are sharing. A lot of devs have said how this is truly next gen, it’s a great to program for, the display is great, and how the foveated rendering really frees up a lot of horsepower. I’ve seen a lot of dev interviews or dev guest spots on youtube and all of them are looking at psvr2 as THE next big push in VR. If devs are excited, we should be excited. I know I am!

My hype for the headset is amplified by the hype that developers are sharing. A lot of devs have said how this is truly next gen, it’s a great to program for, the display is great, and how the foveated rendering really frees up a lot of horsepower. I’ve seen a lot of dev interviews or dev guest spots on youtube and all of them are looking at psvr2 as THE next big push in VR. If devs are excited, we should be excited. I know I am!
They were saying the same thing about Wii U :p

I mean if you never announced production numbers you never have to admit to lowering them…

Personally think psvr2 is going to flop until you can get it for $299 bundled with a killer app or several games. I get why they’re trying to get $500 because the general VR gaming and productivity market is trying to get $500-$1500 for a set. This thing though is locked to a ps5.

PSVR2 is not out yet...
I believe the point they were making is that in the US (and some other regions) you can only preorder directly from playstation. And that a preorder is the only way to guarantee a launch unit. We have no idea if they will be available day one at other retailers, or how many would be available if so.

Requests for comment are just standard practice in journalism. Ignoring rumors and speculation by declining to comment is also pretty standard practice, but providing comment to a secondary outlet after declining the primary outlet is odd. Especially when the primary outlet is as large/legit as Bloomberg.

Not trying to insinuate anything beyond that PS's PR team is weird, though.

I believe the point they were making is that in the US (and some other regions) you can only preorder directly from playstation. And that a preorder is the only way to guarantee a launch unit. We have no idea if they will be available day one at other retailers, or how many would be available if so.
History tells us they will be at every "normal" spot. The thing isn't out for a couple weeks.

I have also chatted with Best Buy and they told me they aren't sure about preorders yet but they will have them available to purchase on February 22nd.

Kayak Mirage VR went live for preorder with a 15% off discount (from $22.99 to $19.54). A double dip of $5 gamestop monthly rewards for two $10 psn cards lets me justify it as a $10 out of pocket game. Many have said it’s one of the most beautiful games they’ve ever seen. Even if it’s light on content, which I hear the pc version is, for that price I’m definitely looking forward to it.

Kayak Mirage VR went live for preorder with a 15% off discount (from $22.99 to $19.54). A double dip of $5 gamestop monthly rewards for two $10 psn cards lets me justify it as a $10 out of pocket game. Many have said it’s one of the most beautiful games they’ve ever seen. Even if it’s light on content, which I hear the pc version is, for that price I’m definitely looking forward to it.
The discount is only for PS+ members but yeah, I am hearing great things about this game. The Gamestop $5 monthly is still a great deal even if you can't get the $5 eshop or MS codes anymore. You're getting 50% off every month regardless which $10 digital currency you buy. That means you only pay $60 for PS Premium before any sales they might have like they did last year which was even cheaper when it went on sale for $90. You can even combine the GS $5 promo with dollar generals usual 20% promo every end of the year if you want to save some additional cash. Nothing is as good as a deal though than the 50% off EVERY month that GS offers. This is of course assuming you only buy the $10 card. Double dipping every month is going to get you $20 in digital PSN for $10 cash or your GS trade credit. This makes owning PS Premium (or the other lesser tiers) a no brainer IMO.

So they really did do away with the $5 Xbox and eshop codes? That’s a bummer. I usually get a $5 code in store and a $10 psn code online

Is GT7 for PS5 available cheaper than $40? The previews have me hyped, but I'm normally not a sim racer fan so I'd prefer to pay less for something I might barely use.

I don’t think GT7 has been less than $40 at retail or digital. I’m lucky enough to have a friend who will loan me a copy. I haven’t played GT since 3 I think. Definitely don’t feel like spending $40 before trying it and knowing if I’ll play it

Is GT7 for PS5 available cheaper than $40? The previews have me hyped, but I'm normally not a sim racer fan so I'd prefer to pay less for something I might barely use.
I don’t think GT7 has been less than $40 at retail or digital. I’m lucky enough to have a friend who will loan me a copy. I haven’t played GT since 3 I think. Definitely don’t feel like spending $40 before trying it and knowing if I’ll play it
It is $39.89 right now on the PS Store.

So, technically.... less than $40. :)

Other than older games with updates, are there any physical copies of new PSVR games up for pre-order, or are they all digital?

Other than older games with updates, are there any physical copies of new PSVR games up for pre-order, or are they all digital?
I see this on amazon.
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners - Chapter 2: Retribution - Payback Edition (PS5)
So I would say yes there is going to be physical games.

The more reviews of GT7 and PSVR2 that I see make me more interested in picking it up.  

There aren't a ton of other game that interest me right now, but I've already invested in a seat and a wheel for GT7, so this would be cheaper than the next rig upgrades that I was looking at.  

Still waiting on Amazon to be able to sell it since I'm sitting on a bunch of credit there.  

The more reviews of GT7 and PSVR2 that I see make me more interested in picking it up.

There aren't a ton of other game that interest me right now, but I've already invested in a seat and a wheel for GT7, so this would be cheaper than the next rig upgrades that I was looking at.

Still waiting on Amazon to be able to sell it since I'm sitting on a bunch of credit there.
To my knowledge Sony hasn’t commented on retailers having a physical presence. Obviously they will eventually, but who knows when. They HAVE come out and said preorders in the US are ONLY through them

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/02/06/playstation-vr2-the-ultimate-faq/

This is the most up to date faq, just released today. This is not the first time they’ve released this info

“How can I pre-order PS VR2?

In the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, players can pre-order PS VR2 from PlayStation’s online store at direct.playstation.com.

In other markets, PS VR2 will be sold at participating retailers.”

Yep.  I've seen that.  

Just hoping that they eventually release it to other sellers.  I'm patient and can wait for a while.  No need to have this at launch for just one thing.  

Basically, if you want to ensure a headset at launch, preorder from Sony. If you can wait for who knows how long, then don’t. Most consoles have historically not been easy to get at launch (I know it’s not technically a console, but it’s close enough). Personally, I didn’t want to wait. I usually don’t get anything at launch, so I can definitely understand why others would rather hold off

Basically, if you want to ensure a headset at launch, preorder from Sony. If you can wait for who knows how long, then don’t. Most consoles have historically not been easy to get at launch (I know it’s not technically a console, but it’s close enough). Personally, I didn’t want to wait. I usually don’t get anything at launch, so I can definitely understand why others would rather hold off
Considering you can get a PSVR2 preorder right now from Sony Direct, I think they are going to be simple to get at or after launch.

Also, the Best Buy chat told me they will have them at release on February 22nd, but YMMV with that.

https://twitter.com/dark1x/status/1623776137867296768?t=zdj-Si3VM_OPJisJJvqE_Q&s=19

Embargo is Feb 15, a week before launch. Here's hoping they start shipping then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglnMO8kyQ8
The floppy outer box that tears easily is back!

Gamestop has some Townsmen game in physical form and that's the only one other than Walking Dead I've seen not digital.

The games that seem most interesting are:

Horizon
Tentacular
Pistol Whip
Kayak VR Mirage
Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
Pavlov

I personally was not a fan of Pistol Whip.  It never really "clicked" to me and I wasn't a big fan of the music.  I was looking forward to that game too until it came out on PSVR and I got it.

https://perpgames.com/store/

Perp Games has some of their upcoming physical games up for sale on their website. Prices are all in £ and I didn’t see release dates but they let you add them to your cart now.

They had a showcase on ign a few weeks back and mentioned the physical copies, but did not specify UK only, so time will tell on that I guess.

A separate page in the store show’s upcoming games and if they are physical, digital, or both. Though again, not sure what’s getting a US physical release https://perpgames.com/all-games/

I personally was not a fan of Pistol Whip. It never really "clicked" to me and I wasn't a big fan of the music. I was looking forward to that game too until it came out on PSVR and I got it.
You're def not alone with the game not clicking. I'm hoping the new controllers will make a difference with the upgrade If only in not being awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoJpwMoPDPw

A real human with it instead of a living manual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WMg_wty08I

I bought Pistol Whip after the upgrade got announced and was on sale for $15. Haven’t played it yet. Not going to bother till the new hardware comes in.

Will also be the first time I ever play RE8, NMS, Moss 2, Saints and Sinners 1, and GT 7

bread's done
Back