Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I have so much respect for Hello Games.  Their support for No Man's Sky has been absolutely sensational.  It's wonderful to see someone keep adding features to a game without ever charging an additional cent for it.  

Part of me is regretting not getting the controller chargers, but I'll figure out a way to make it work. 

The odds of me playing 4 straight hours of VR games are pretty slim at the moment.

Part of me is regretting not getting the controller chargers, but I'll figure out a way to make it work.

The odds of me playing 4 straight hours of VR games are pretty slim at the moment.
GameStop near me says he only has the controller charges in stock nothing else psvr2 so you can always try GameStop if you want one.

Would've been nice if the charge in the controllers lasted more than half an hour. Set up everything and kayaked a few minutes, at least.

Gotta say I'm truly surprised that no stores are carrying this on release day.

I'm both happy and sad about that.

Happy because my wallet will be a bit fuller.

Sad because I'm feeling some FOMO.

Yes I know I can just order one from Sony direct but for some illogical reason I don't want to do that.

Metroid Prime Remastered physical apparently being delayed isn't helping either.  No stores have it in stock today and it's supposed to release today.  That would hold me over for a bit.

I take a 45-50 minute walk every day. I’d already heard the controllers come uncharged, so I’d planned to wait for the package, pop the controllers on the charger and then take my walk. I’m hoping that is enough time for them to fully charge up. Once I’m in I don’t want to have to come out for a while

Dropped mine off just before 4 and didn’t even ring the doorbell. I found out it was here via text. I took the day off work thinking it needed to be signed for. I know I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but still……

Didn't even ring the doorbell here.  Just left it sitting on the front doorstep.  

Thankfully it's terrible weather out and no one would be out driving in our neighborhood right now.  

i got home only to see the UPS truck leaving the road, luckily he just left it on the porch. didnt get to play much before the controllers died, but what i did play (no man's sky, gt7) was very impressive.

My headset and chargers arrived at about 2:30 PM ET, so I'm excited to get it set up.

Much better experience than Amazon for the PS5 launch, who canceled it after claiming it was trashed as they were going to send it out for delivery.

I'm going to stream some PSVR2 stuff tonight and for the next few days, so let me know if you have games you want to see before buying them. I'll record everything as separate videos so it's easier to watch.

Full games: 

2MD VR Football Unleashed All Star

Cosmonious High

Gran Turismo 7

Job Simulator

Kayak VR: Mirage

The Light Brigade

No Man's Sky

Rez Infinite

Tentacular

Tetris Effect Connected

Thumper

Vacation Simulator

What the Bat?

Demos:

Horizon Call of the Mountain

NFL Pro Era

Puzzling Places

Resident Evil Village

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge Enhanced Edition

I'll probably do the demos on my own time.

Of the games that I don't own right now, Kayak really seems intriguing to me because it feels like it could be a very chill experience.  

I like the Kayak quite a bit. I really need sony to add some kind of cat detector to the headset with an update before I play a lot of the more active games. The cat wants to play with the cord and keeps getting in the way. I'm gonna bust my ass!

I've got controllers charging and games downloading.  Do sync the controllers before putting the charging stand dongles on.  They stick in there pretty good.  The setup was kinda blurry and didn't like that.  Not doing any VR before, it takes time to figure out how to best set it on your head.

My PSVR2 livestream is now live if you want to see some of the games I have in action.

Edit: I'll post links in the morning when the videos are live. Here are some thoughts for now.

Cosmonious High is a fun continuation of the general ideas of Job and Vacation Simulator, but with actual characters and story going on between your VR physics interactions. This might not have been a great game to start with since I kept fumbling with the controls, but the game isn't always great about letting you know what to do if you're not paying 100% attention to the characters talking. It has a lot of fun puzzles and such around the place in the hallways, classrooms, and I assume other areas that you'll figure out as you explore and unlock more abilities.

Kayak VR: Mirage is a game that can trigger your VR nausea sensors quickly with the constant movement, but once I got through the tutorial, it wasn't too bad. I hope it gets better as I get my VR legs built back up. I'm guessing the races are going to be the most triggering parts of the game, so the freeroam and tour modes for each area might be better for getting used to the game. This one seems to have a good amount of accessibility options to flip on or tweak and see how you feel before reverting them. If you want a chill time, the tour just lets you float through the area and enjoy the views that they have to offer.

What the Bat? is very much like What the Golf? as a physics baseball puzzle game where you're plopped into an area and figure out what you have to do to complete the goal. Usually, you're hitting a ball or something at a trophy that's hanging around somewhere, but many of the stages I saw got weird to use the bat hands you possess to do some neat stuff. Probably the easiest game to play from everything I played tonight.

Rez Infinite is the same game that helped launch PSVR, but prettier and with eye tracking support to let you do a bit of the cursor control with your eyes. The only limitation of the eye tracking is that there's not much fidelity in its controls, but it works fine with head movement for locking onto enemies and items. You get a lot of vibration out of the Sense controllers and the headset with this game, which adds to the feel of the game. PS4/PSVR saves carry over, so you can get a lot of easy trophies and/or continue where you left off.

2MD VR Football Unleashed All Star is a nice upgrade to the original game as a casual football game for VR. The main menu area is a bit overwhelming with several ways to get into games, so you kind of need to pay attention to the coach that is the tutorial. Throwing the football around works fine most of the time. I don't know if my bad throws are because of me or my need to adjust my QB's height or something since your lineman and the defenders are so big that it's hard to see around them. I'm curious to try out the demo for NFL Pro Era to see how that compares. If you had it on PSVR, the $4 upgrade is a pretty easy sell.

Dropped mine off just before 4 and didn’t even ring the doorbell. I found out it was here via text. I took the day off work thinking it needed to be signed for. I know I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but still……
This was my experience pretty much exactly, except it was a little after 4 instead of before and it was an email instead of a text. Wish it was a text. I would have got it about 40 minutes earlier if it were. I took the day off too 🤦‍♂️

So what does everyone think so far? I find several of the games to be a bit blurry so maybe I need to adjust the settings.

So what does everyone think so far? I find several of the games to be a bit blurry so maybe I need to adjust the settings.
It took a bit of messing around to find the sweet spot. I’m getting it set quicker with each time putting it on. Waiting on Horizon to download but Kayak and especially Pistol Whip look real crisp. Initial thoughts on PW is that it’s really fun. Only played the tutorial and three stages though.

Edit: the tracking in pistol whip has been really good. I’m glad I never played this on psvr1. It might have been my camera placement, but aiming with the moves for pistols and such never really worked for me. Always had to hold them at really unnatural angles to get the right aim. This works. Practically worth the upgrade just for that

I didn't realize I accidentally big-brained it by charging the controllers first. About to dive in after working last night, assembling the racing stand can wait another day for the weekend.

Light Brigade launch trailer was much more of a sell than the previous ones, still waiting to hear from a real person that's played it before buying.

I saw the blur too at times, but it's definitely a visual upgrade from the first one.

I got extremely dizzy trying to play seated. Even though the option is there, I think I've gotta stand for all games, except maybe racing ones.
Sucks that there's no way to adjust volume without pausing the game and going into the menu, unlike the first one that had a dial on the cord.

Controllers seem foreign and it's going to take some time to get used to them. My fingers also may be too long for them.

Need to have another night with it.

I too have an issue getting used to the controller, but I'm getting there.  Pistol Whip was way less dizzying than Kayak.  I got the Moss bundle also to have something else to ease into.

The PS menu text is usually blurry for me.  Things look find in the games.  I had a download complete alert block a bullet in Pistol Whip, so that's annoying.

Sucks that there's no way to adjust volume without pausing the game and going into the menu, unlike the first one that had a dial on the cord.
I didn’t even hook up the pack-in earbuds since I have a pair or wireless gold headphones from my ps4. Amazing that they can finally be used wirelessly with VR. I hated having a bundled up cord dangling between my ear and shoulder. The weight relief and the convenience of not having to unplug it before removing the headset is such a QoL improvement. Curious how the wireless gold compares to the pulse headset.

But the point I really wanted to make is that with an external headset you control the volume and mute on the headset itself. I’m surprised they didn’t work in some buttons in line on the earbuds

That is good to hear that you can run wireless headphones with PSVR2.  I may grab some if I get it instead of using my Turtle Beach ones.  

I'm assuming there is no latency or anything with wireless ones?

Quick thoughts:

I thought the demo for Puzzling places was very well done.  That could be a fun thing to mess around with in VR from time to time... and very expensive too as they have a lot of added puzzles that you can pick up.

NFL Pro Era: I'm not an NFL fan any more, so when the EULA and Play area menus were a massive pain to navigate, I gave up and uninstalled it. 

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge: I thought this was a decent little demo for trying out the controllers and the sound was pretty immersive as I found myself spinning my head around looking to see who was talking to me and who was shooting at my character.  Graphically it was alright, but nothing sensational.  

Thumper: Just as much fun as the original PSVR version, just much sharper.  Also, the vibrations from the headset when you hit the green and blue marks are pretty cool.  Definitely enjoyed my time with that.  

Lastly, I was able to use my SteelSeries Arctis 7P headset while wearing the headset.  I did have to adjust the strap on the headset, but once I did and got the VR headset fitting right, the headphones worked as good as they do for playing any other games.  

Going to give GT7 and Horizon a look later tonight, but that's what I've had a chance to mess with thus far.  

Took some Dramamine last night, but by the time I got to play Horizon I forgot that I took it. I thought it didn’t make me sick at all. Turns out the Dramamine was working. Played for a couple hours last night and all was good. Played for maybe 20 minutes tonight without the pills and I’m feeling pretty woozy. So to those that got sick yesterday, give it a shot

I am playing Alien Isolation on Game Pass. It's really too bad this game isn't on PSVR. It would be perfect for it!

Scalpers already selling PSVR2 on offerup for $800-$1100 on my area.

Took some Dramamine last night, but by the time I got to play Horizon I forgot that I took it. I thought it didn’t make me sick at all. Turns out the Dramamine was working. Played for a couple hours last night and all was good. Played for maybe 20 minutes tonight without the pills and I’m feeling pretty woozy. So to those that got sick yesterday, give it a shot
[attachment=37788:20161014-KL6l1gdV.jpg]

I had a few moments with Kayak where things got wobbly on me, remembering to close my eyes on realigning is big.

Just curious as to what everyone’s take on the Horizon visuals are. Some seem to be reporting blurry textures and draw distance and others say it’s crystal clear. Wondering if my settings are off or if it could be a defect.

Horizon looks spectacular. Everything in the foreground is really sharp. The backgrounds do get a little blurry, but look surprisingly good. A significant improvement from anything I’d seen in psvr1

I'm streaming some more PSVR2 stuff:

No Man's Sky

The Light Brigade

Tetris Effect Connected

Thumper

I'll do the other games I have tomorrow afternoon, which should include GT7, Job/Vacation Simulator, and that Cactus game.

Edit: While the videos for the last three games on the list are uploading, I'll post impressions of all four.

No Man's Sky is a great VR version for PSVR2. They've overhauled a lot of what I remember from the bits of the game I played in PSVR and it feels a lot more natural with the Sense controllers and the added stability of the PS5 version to base it on. I had no issues moving around without any nausea issues as you have generous teleport capabilities and full 360 movement. You navigate your inventory and quick menu stuff from your offhand glove, which is like what Cosmonious High does. The issues I had was somewhat inconsistent ability to pull out my mining gun from my back, so I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. The menu stuff can be hard to see since the glove menus are just hovering above  it and not stationary, plus some of the in-world menus hovering above your material crafter and machines around the world can spawn menus inside of them to make it hard to see what you're doing. The pause menu for quests, tutorials, and all that is just stationary in the world, but not anything else. Those are relatively small issues and I'm guessing they'll get addressed in updates over time, so the rest of what I experienced was absolutely above my expectations for this game in PSVR2.

Thumper is pretty much the same game as on PSVR, so you'll know whether the $5 upgrade is for you. It pulls in the PS4 save, so you can unlock the same trophies as before and continue where you left off. It's still a great game and worth it for rhythm game fans that want a more intense game to challenge them.

The Light Brigade much like No Man's Sky really surprised me. This is a roguelite shooter where you are more realistically handling guns with a Batman-style belt for storing ammo, a handful of items, and a few other things that I'm not sure what they are for just yet. I'm not used to the gun handling yet, but it is a handful as you have to manage your ammo to know when you throw a clip away and put in a new one to get ready for more combat. You can use both hands to steady your aim and aim down the sight for your best chance at nailing the shot, which I'm definitely not good at yet. You can pick up some guns that enemies drop when they die, which can save you ammo for a bit since they're not refillable. There are lots of pickups around the world including chests you can open and pots you can smash or shoot to get the gold, ammo, or whatever the XP is called. At the end of each area when you've cleared out all enemies, it has you deposit that XP to level up your class and you can start to see the longer upgrade game in the camp. It has a lot of options for making the controls work for you and I found a good set-up that isn't too nausea-inducing for me with a lot of skipping and teleporting for my movement options.

Tetris Effect Connected, much like Thumper and Rez Infinite, are basic ports with good upgrades for PS5 that are worth the fees if you want a prettier version to enjoy in and out of the headset. This release/update adds a few more modes for the leaderboard modes, which also support the PS5 system level leaderboards so that everybody can see how poorly you do in the various modes.

Ordered Logitech G435 headset, on sale for $30, claims 18 hours of playtime and PS5 compatibility with dongle. Will report back on how it works.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G435-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B08R8GJPC2/ref=zg_bs_21404144011_sccl_1/133-5694017-9358552?th=1 

Swordsman very disorienting, but that's because you're doing a lot of moving to position while not actually moving. I might need to get better is all, but beware. I did chop someone's hand off and quote Count Dooku so there is that.

I figured out the issue with No Man's Sky where I can't pull out my mining gun requires resetting the camera by holding down the Options button before being able to pull it out again.

I cannot seem to get my sense controllers to respond in fantavision 202x. The dualsense seemed to work, but I was under the impression that this game had sense controls. Did anyone else pick this game?

I cannot seem to get my sense controllers to respond in fantavision 202x. The dualsense seemed to work, but I was under the impression that this game had sense controls. Did anyone else pick this game?
I didn't get it, so am no help, but am curious to hear what you think of it once you've spent some time with it. I watched some videos and it doesn't really look different from the ps2 game.. Can't determine what makes vr-ish and cool

I didn't get it, so am no help, but am curious to hear what you think of it once you've spent some time with it. I watched some videos and it doesn't really look different from the ps2 game.. Can't determine what makes vr-ish and cool
https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/fantavision-202x-impressions-hands-on-psvr2/

In this review he mentions how if you play flat screen it’s basically the same game from the ps2 and not worth the $30 but that if you play in VR it’s great

https://www.youtube.com/live/9XAHe92HFK8?feature=share
This one shows him playing with the controllers, I get it seeing it in action, but not for me.

Got to play Pistol Whip, it's magic. So bright and vibrant and accurate!

The Logitech audio headset works perfectly with the PSVR2 at the same time. I also went ahead and traveled to Argentina for a Dolby headphone code for $2 since it's plug and play on PC too.

Links to the videos I just finished uploading.

Thumper

The Light Brigade

Tetris Effect Connected

No Man's Sky

Gran Turismo 7

Gran Turismo 7 was nicer to me than DriveClub VR was at PSVR's launch, though I still felt the effects of it after a handful of races. Maybe I could build up resistance by playing a race or two per session, but I'd probably rather just play the game flatscreen than try to push through it. The game works very well in VR, though it's weird that it just pops in and out of VR after you're done with the menus.

bread's done
Back