Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured out the issue with Fantavision and the sense controllers not working. Someone finally uploaded a YouTube video of him streaming it and he had the same problem. It’s super dumb and hopefully gets a patch to fix it. You have to enter into the game with the Dualsense then change the controls to Sense controls in the options

Being a former drummer, I enjoyed the demo but I was always seeming to miss the cymbals (specifically the blue one.) They do have adjustments that can let you move the kit up and down, but you can't do any "kit adjustments" to move individual components in the drumset.

I might give it another try and see if I can make it work better in the future.

Has anyone tried the new version of Creed? I have the original on disc but the higher than normal upgrade fee prevents this from being an instant buy. I had to stop playing the original due to poor tracking issues. With the new hardware this should be able to be fixed, but with so many games available at launch there is a lack of info going around for all but the biggest few.

Has anyone tried the new version of Creed? I have the original on disc but the higher than normal upgrade fee prevents this from being an instant buy. I had to stop playing the original due to poor tracking issues. With the new hardware this should be able to be fixed, but with so many games available at launch there is a lack of info going around for all but the biggest few.
It's not out for another month

Ah, creed is a “launch window” game. I guess I forgot which were day one vs in the window. Most of what I was super hyped for came out already.

Looks like Saints and Sinners 2 may be delayed.  Just checked my Amazon order and the release date change to the placeholder 12/31/23.  Hopefully the digital is still on track.

Pistol Whip is fast becoming one of my favorite games. I put a bunch of time into it the first time I played it, and have been using it as a warmup for all my subsequent VR2 gaming sessions.

So, apparently to get the "free" upgrade for The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, you need to have the 'Tourist Edition' upgrade, not the PS+ version.

It's on sale for $2.99 until 3/9, so that's still not a bad price to get the PSVR2 version of the game.  

Some bad news: the devs had confirmed via Twitter that Saints & Sinners 1 would get a free upgrade, including the ps+ version. In their newest trailer, and in a “PSA” tweet, they have announced that it’s actually only the Tourist Edition that will get it for free and the standard edition will cost $10 to upgrade. Lots of people calling them out on twitter about going back on what they said. They haven’t responded to any of those tweets. The tourist dlc is currently $3 on sale. Supposedly buying the dlc separate should get you the upgrade, but they already went back on what they said once

https://twitter.com/walkingdeadvr/status/1633165624661667869?s=21

Edit: beat to the punch!

Also, holy crap is GT7 immersive on the VR2.  It's absolutely insane how quickly you feel like you're in the car.  

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, I have a Playseat Challenge and a Thrustmaster T300RS GT edition.

So, apparently to get the "free" upgrade for The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners, you need to have the 'Tourist Edition' upgrade, not the PS+ version.

It's on sale for $2.99 until 3/9, so that's still not a bad price to get the PSVR2 version of the game.

Some bad news: the devs had confirmed via Twitter that Saints & Sinners 1 would get a free upgrade, including the ps+ version. In their newest trailer, and in a “PSA” tweet, they have announced that it’s actually only the Tourist Edition that will get it for free and the standard edition will cost $10 to upgrade. Lots of people calling them out on twitter about going back on what they said. They haven’t responded to any of those tweets. The tourist dlc is currently $3 on sale. Supposedly buying the dlc separate should get you the upgrade, but they already went back on what they said once

https://twitter.com/walkingdeadvr/status/1633165624661667869?s=21

Edit: beat to the punch!
I am getting an error with that link. I have the PS+ game. I searched for it on the PSN store and found this https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2533-CUSA17412_00-TWDTOURISTPACK01 but says it's not available and learn more brings up this

This product is unavailable for the following reasons:

You need the following products before you can make this purchase.

• The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Standard Edition POP

I tried psunami’s link and it worked fine for me. Also searching “The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Tourist Edition Upgrade” in the psn store on mobile brought it up as the first result

I tried psunami’s link and it worked fine for me. Also searching “The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Tourist Edition Upgrade” in the psn store on mobile brought it up as the first result
His link works now but it's still listed as not available for me. I think it doesn't like that I have the PS+ version.

Worked just fine for me and I have the PS+ version as well. Decided to risk $3 for the possible free upgrade.
I figured out what is going on. The friend I game share with claimed it so I would have to go on his account to buy the discounted tourist. I am taking over the account now though and his ends in November so I need to play it before then.

Thanks for the heads-up about Saints and Sinners, y’all. I also purchased the $3 upgrade with the hope that it will get me a free upgrade to the PSVR2 version.

I think I would have been fine with an upgrade fee for S&S if they had announced it to begin with, rather than promising it for free multiple times.

Also, holy crap is GT7 immersive on the VR2. It's absolutely insane how quickly you feel like you're in the car.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, I have a Playseat Challenge and a Thrustmaster T300RS GT edition.
That is great to hear
This is why I will eventually take the plunge.

Just heard there is no upgrade path for Gorn. Bought it a couple days ago while it was on sale. Guess I’ll submit for my first ever refund request on psn

Made a video for Tentacular the other day.

Enjoyed it a lot so far, though I had some random tracking issues that I hope were just a one-time thing. I don't have much lighting in my set-up, so I don't know if that's the issue.

The game itself is a fun game about being a giant tentacled monster that turns 16 and has to get a job, which is a lot of physics challenges of setting up items in stacks, knocking things over, throwing things around, and moving stuff around from what I've seen so far. It's fun to get around these areas and mess with the people that you can pick up or throw around. The story is cute and funny, so I'm looking forward to putting more time into it.

Just heard there is no upgrade path for Gorn. Bought it a couple days ago while it was on sale. Guess I’ll submit for my first ever refund request on psn
I just angrily tweeteed at the dev about this. I download everything after I buy it, why wouldn't I, so no refund. Didn't swear at them, explained an upgrade path would be nice since they didn't bother saying it was separate.

I'm eagerly awaiting psvr 2 at gamestop or bestbuy. Cancelled my preorder so I can trade in or use rewards on one. Was saving bb rewards for a 4070ti upgrade for my 3060ti one day, but becoming more and more interested in playing around with psvr 2 lately.

Yeah my FOMO has completely worn off at this point and I'm glad I canceled my Sony Direct order.

I still want one and there are a few games I want to play but at this point I'll wait until it's in stores and the price drops a bit.  I can see this thing going down to like $450 - $500 pretty quickly, or maybe by the time it hits retail.  Or like $500 with the Horizon game included or something.

As most reviewers agreed, there is just nothing on the horizon for the PSVR2 that really is making me rush out to get one.  As I stated before, I think had I not played RE8 already in flat mode at launch, I probably would have gotten one to play it.  And I still want to play it again.  But I'm not itching to do so right now and can wait.

I was really hoping that state of play like 2-3 weeks ago that showcased 5 PSVR games would have a "must buy" title in there but the only one of those games that even did anything for me was that one where it looked like you had the Force and could move stuff around, and even then, it's one that I'm skeptical about and not one I'd just buy at launch not knowing much about it.

Yeah my FOMO has completely worn off at this point and I'm glad I canceled my Sony Direct order.

I still want one and there are a few games I want to play but at this point I'll wait until it's in stores and the price drops a bit. I can see this thing going down to like $450 - $500 pretty quickly, or maybe by the time it hits retail. Or like $500 with the Horizon game included or something.

As most reviewers agreed, there is just nothing on the horizon for the PSVR2 that really is making me rush out to get one. As I stated before, I think had I not played RE8 already in flat mode at launch, I probably would have gotten one to play it. And I still want to play it again. But I'm not itching to do so right now and can wait.

I was really hoping that state of play like 2-3 weeks ago that showcased 5 PSVR games would have a "must buy" title in there but the only one of those games that even did anything for me was that one where it looked like you had the Force and could move stuff around, and even then, it's one that I'm skeptical about and not one I'd just buy at launch not knowing much about it.
Wait for a price drop, bundle, or second revision. All that happened with psvr1. It’s not worth the rush imo unless it had backwards support…an odd omission.

Wait for a price drop, bundle, or second revision. All that happened with psvr1. It’s not worth the rush imo unless it had backwards support…an odd omission.
That’s like saying it’s not worth getting a switch when it launched because it couldn’t play Wii U games. In both cases the hardware is different enough that it’s simply not possible. The switch has no disc drive and the psvr 2 uses totally different tracking systems. Also in both cases many of the best games are being brought over to the new system, usually with enough enhancements to make the new ports be the definitive version. Unlike the switch though, a lot of the psvr games are being brought over with free or cheap upgrades.

Yeah I don't care about no backwards compatability.  That is one feature I've never ever cared about.  If I wanted to play PSVR games, I have a PSVR.  It's more that there aren't any "must have" games for me right now and aren't any on the horizon that I know about.  

I picked up PSVR when it was like $350 and it came with move controllers.  I think it launched for $400 without move controllers.  

So I'll wait for some kind of bundled game or price drop or something and snag one eventually.

Yeah I don't care about no backwards compatability. That is one feature I've never ever cared about. If I wanted to play PSVR games, I have a PSVR. It's more that there aren't any "must have" games for me right now and aren't any on the horizon that I know about.

I picked up PSVR when it was like $350 and it came with move controllers. I think it launched for $400 without move controllers.

So I'll wait for some kind of bundled game or price drop or something and snag one eventually.
Backward compatibility would be big for me because I have a launch PSVR. As things stand, I have to constantly deal with reconnecting and disconnecting the HDMI cables and breakthrough box due to the fact that the original didn't have HDR passthrough. I'm not going to go out and spend hundreds to buy the revised model just for the HDR passthrough. But had the new headset simply had fhe extra ability to work with the camera to let me play my PSVR1 games, it would have been worth buying now. Since it doesn't, I can wait for the price to drop and the next inevitable revision to release.

PSVR2 will definitely get a price drop at some point, although who knows when. As far as a revision? I kind of doubt it. Psvr1 was tacked on to an existing console AND it was Sony’s first outing, so there were bound to be some oversights. But they have said the ps5 and vr2 were built in tandem, with the ps5 being disigned with VR in mind from the start.

I totally get not jumping on board at launch as I basically never get any consoles or games at launch. Despite my interest, I didn’t get psvr1 anywhere near launch. Wound up getting the Doom VFR bundle for Christmas one year. That year would have been when I bought in, but I had a suspicion my gf was going to get it for me and I was right.

Hdr passthrough was nice but the next problem was the 4k 120hz passthrough for it to remain hooked up to my ps5. I tried to get around it by using my receiver as a splitter but it wouldn't recognize the setup so I just leave it hooked up to the PS4. Wouldn't matter other than the fact that I have a base PS4 and can't benefit from the pro enhancements.

I use my PSVR1 with my PS5 connected to an LGCX with no problems. I am not using a receiver though as it's just all hooked up directly into the TV so I don't have that issue to worry about. Sounds odd that you can't get it to work. I wonder if Sony just didn't think of a setup like that.

I also have the lgcx. It's not a matter of hooking it up. I can hook it up fine but if I wanted to play any game that supports 120hz 4k the psvr passthrough doesn't support it. I can't be bothered to do cable management everytime I want to play psvr. My round about way was having my ps5 hook into the receiver and use separate outputs, one to the tv and the other output to the psvr box. But I guess the system gets confused as to the video setting compatibility with separate inputs.

That’s like saying it’s not worth getting a switch when it launched because it couldn’t play Wii U games. In both cases the hardware is different enough that it’s simply not possible. The switch has no disc drive and the psvr 2 uses totally different tracking systems. Also in both cases many of the best games are being brought over to the new system, usually with enough enhancements to make the new ports be the definitive version. Unlike the switch though, a lot of the psvr games are being brought over with free or cheap upgrades.
It’s only different enough because Sony said it was….so they can recharge you to buy the same games again “ported over”. Realty is it’s totally possible. PC VRs run the same damn games with tons of different tracking.

I could use some spoiler free tips for Village. I played for about an hour Sunday night and I was pretty overwhelmed by the combat. When I finally died that was about as much as I could take anyway, motion sickness-wise. Im quite a RE noob. Played REmake on GameCube when it was new but didn’t make it far. Played some of 4 when it was new but quit that pretty quick too. I don’t want to quit on this one though

Side note: a big wow moment for me was flipping my grip on the flashlight. As they say over on Without Parole “VR AF”

It’s only different enough because Sony said it was….so they can recharge you to buy the same games again “ported over”. Realty is it’s totally possible. PC VRs run the same damn games with tons of different tracking.
You clearly have never developed software if this is your take. I can tell you have zero experience working with hardware and an API of any sorts.

Reality is yeah, you're right, it's totally possible, and we're seeing it with ports being made of PSVR to PSVR2 games. Some are free, some aren't.

There is no "catch all" one stop solution though as you are trying to claim.

You clearly have never developed software if this is your take. I can tell you have zero experience working with hardware and an API of any sorts.

Reality is yeah, you're right, it's totally possible, and we're seeing it with ports being made of PSVR to PSVR2 games. Some are free, some aren't.

There is no "catch all" one stop solution though as you are trying to claim.
According to the YouTube site psvr2 without parole, a couple of developers have stated Sony could have definitely made psvr2 backwards compatible with psvrl.

Link?

I'd be curious to hear what they say.
You would have to watch through their streams when the announcement happened. I can't recall if it was in a video, livestream or comment section but PSVR2without parole are legit guys with legit sources and access to devs. They kept saying more PSVR1 games are being upgraded to PSVR2 but they just can't say the titles just yet. They clearly have inside info. Here is a link to their channel https://www.youtube.com/@WithoutParole I recall some reddit threads also stating the same thing from devs.

You would have to watch through their streams when the announcement happened. I can't recall if it was in a video, livestream or comment section but PSVR2without parole are legit guys with legit sources and access to devs. They kept saying more PSVR1 games are being upgraded to PSVR2 but they just can't say the titles just yet. They clearly have inside info. Here is a link to their channel https://www.youtube.com/@WithoutParole I recall some reddit threads also stating the same thing from devs.
I watched their video about the announcement that it wasn't backwards compatible, and they make no mention of it. They did say they talked to devs but the devs said nothing of what you stated that "Sony could have made it BC".

They stated that devs were working on PSVR2 ports of PSVR1 games, which we already know. But nothing about it being able to be made BC for every game out of the box.

And not trying to be a dick, but sorry I'm not going to try and find the video to back your claim. That isn't on me to do lol.

I watched their video about the announcement that it wasn't backwards compatible, and they make no mention of it. They did say they talked to devs but the devs said nothing of what you stated that "Sony could have made it BC".

They stated that devs were working on PSVR2 ports of PSVR1 games, which we already know. But nothing about it being able to be made BC for every game out of the box.

And not trying to be a dick, but sorry I'm not going to try and find the video to back your claim. That isn't on me to do lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1XCthC5So

18:40 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm1XCthC5So

18:40 in
Just watched it and eh, his hot take I don't find feasible, using PSVR2 headset with the camera and stuff.

The PSVR2 headset or controllers don't have all these lights for the camera to track it. So that option goes out the window immediately. He's kind of talking out of his ass about it at that point.

He also is making a bold assumption that "emulating the move controllers and headset" is such a simple piece of cake. I mean we have 30 year old games that are like 1/10000th the complexity of modern games and MAME can't even emulate all of them properly. And this guy is saying "imagine how easy it would be for Sony to do this..." Sorry dude, it's not "easy" to do any of this stuff.

Then when he says that devs say it's possible, we already know it is possible, because games are being ported. I mean sure if Sony wanted to spend $$$ to port every game individually, of course it's possible and could be done, but it simply is not financially worth it.

EDIT:

Watching it more, even these guys say that there is no one size fits all solution, and that each game would have to be done individually. Which I think we already know at this point and can agree on, since there are ports right now.

Just watched it and eh, his hot take I don't find feasible, using PSVR2 headset with the camera and stuff.

The PSVR2 headset or controllers don't have all these lights for the camera to track it. So that option goes out the window immediately. He's kind of talking out of his ass about it at that point.

He also is making a bold assumption that "emulating the move controllers and headset" is such a simple piece of cake. I mean we have 30 year old games that are like 1/10000th the complexity of modern games and MAME can't even emulate all of them properly. And this guy is saying "imagine how easy it would be for Sony to do this..." Sorry dude, it's not "easy" to do any of this stuff.

Then when he says that devs say it's possible, we already know it is possible, because games are being ported. I mean sure if Sony wanted to spend $$$ to port every game individually, of course it's possible and could be done, but it simply is not financially worth it.

EDIT:

Watching it more, even these guys say that there is no one size fits all solution, and that each game would have to be done individually. Which I think we already know at this point and can agree on, since there are ports right now.
So you clearly did not watch this video before. He says right away that DEVS and people with the PSVR2 kits told him Sony could have made PSVR1 BC with PSVR2. Straight from devs. You can choose to believe the devs that actually make games or Sony's PR people that spin things so it's in their favor. Look, I understand that you want to stick up for Sony and defend your purchase or future purchase of the PSVR2 but when devs are telling you that Sony just didn't want to do it but totally could have, that's on you to believe them or not. Not even porting each and every game. Just having them BC straight out of the box. I believe devs all day, everyday over a PR person or someone getting paychecks from Sony to say the right things. Bottomline is that all of us that supported PSVR1 are getting screwed over for the most part. The headset and the box and all those cables having to be kept hooked up to the PS5 with another PSVR2 headset right next to it to play all your games is ridiculous.

bread's done
Back