Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it has anything to do with the games. There still hasn’t been a killer app for any VR headset. And I’m including half life Alyx. This coming from someone that owns a quest, quest 2 and psvr.

The damn thing simply costs too much. I don’t care what it cost them to make. I don’t care what the tech is. There just aren’t enough people to support a $600 headset. It’s simple as that. It has been demonstrated that the upper limit of a “relatively” successfully sold vr headset is about $350-$400.
If you don't think Alyx or RE8 or GT7 are killer apps then I have absolutely no idea what you're looking for out of current VR games.

If you don't think Alyx or RE8 or GT7 are killer apps then I have absolutely no idea what you're looking for out of current VR games.
It's different for each person. I have no interest in Alyx, RE8 or GT7, but if Skyrim VR or Fallout 4 VR had been announced for PSVR2, I'd have bought one. I think the ship has sailed on those two, but if Sony were to fund a VR mode for something like Nivalis, that would put PSVR2 on my purchase list.

It's different for each person. I have no interest in Alyx, RE8 or GT7, but if Skyrim VR or Fallout 4 VR had been announced for PSVR2, I'd have bought one. I think the ship has sailed on those two, but if Sony were to fund a VR mode for something like Nivalis, that would put PSVR2 on my purchase list.
Skyrim vr on psvr looked like an n64 game and made me feel sick. Im kidding but only kind of.

Again, it depends on the person. The graphics on PSVR Skyrim weren't great, but the sense of scale and presence of everything more than made up for it. It's my favorite PSVR game.

Skyrim VR just looked like the Xbox 360 version, which was fine. It was pretty awesome to have the teleport system that they tried to limit when you get overencumbered, but you are just limited to short hops that were still way faster than the default walk speed.

I own the ps4 wireless gold headset. I’m wondering if the pulse 3d headset is any better or if it’s essentially the same. Anyone had both and can share thoughts, especially as applies to psvr2?

I own the ps4 wireless gold headset. I’m wondering if the pulse 3d headset is any better or if it’s essentially the same. Anyone had both and can share thoughts, especially as applies to psvr2?
I have both and I’m not a audiophile or anything bt they sound pretty damn similar to me, I’d say save your money and wait until the pulse is on sale again if you can help it! Unless you just have a burning desire for a new headset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just finished House Beneviento in RE8. That was the most scared I’ve been since I was a kid. It’s been over a week since I played it. Died at a certain part and didn’t have the nerve to go on, plus motion sickness was setting in so I thought that was a perfect time for a break. Well, I hadn’t been feeling up to playing it till today. When I booted it up I was like “oh yeah, this is why I quit playing last time”. But I powered through it. Made it past the part and was literally shaking as I was walking along the hall with my 20 lumen flashlight. I’m never scared by movies or haunted houses. On a rare occasion a game will get me a little. It has been an awesome ride so far

A bunch of PSVR2 stuff just went on sale:

After the Fall: Complete Edition - $20.09

Altair Breaker - $23.99

Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder - $14.99

Cities VR - $23.99

Cosmonious High - $22.49

Demeo - $31.99 - $29.99

Fantavision 202X - $14.99

Gorn - $9.99 - Cross Buy

Job Simulator - $14.99

Last Labyrinth - $23.99 - $22.49

Resident Evil Village Gold Edition - $29.99

Rez Infinite - $11.99 - $10 upgrade

Synth Riders: Remastered Edition - $18.99

Thumper - $9.99 - $7.99 - $5 upgrade

Vacation Simulator - $22.49

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Tourist Edition - $34.99

$15 is about right for Fantavision.

Gorn shows in the store with two listings, one for ps4 for $10 and one for ps4/5 for $20. Not sure what’s up with that

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1651571903574966275?s=20

Already suspected based on the quickly yanked Amazon listing, but here’s confirmation

Buy the PS4 version and the PS5 version should be free with Cross Buy.
Can anybody confirm this with the sale? Just want to make sure the upgrade actually works before dropping the $10

I'm still waiting on the upgrade to be available for my disc version of Creed.

Can anybody confirm this with the sale? Just want to make sure the upgrade actually works before dropping the $10

It works. I bought the ps4 version a couple days ago and was able to download both versions.

About the Creed upgrade- I think you have to put the Championship edition in your cart and it will give you a $20 discount and I don't believe it will discount the deluxe edition.

That creed upgrade price is ridiculous. I can't see it being that high for long. Those devs are incredibly greedy. Nothing justifies paying that much for the upgrade when other games are free or cheaper. I'm curious as to how devs decide which ganes are free and which ganes they charge for and how much. Huge sprawling games like no man's sky and stunners like gt7 get free upgrades but simpler games like Tetris Effect cost $9.99. Makes no sense.

Did you have to do anything to make it appear? I'm not seeing the Upgrade Option on the splash screen when I put the disc in.
You might need to put the Champion Edition in your cart for it to show as a discount. I don't have a physical copy, but on my digital copy, it didn't show as an upgrade so much as a discount on the new game.

Someone on Reddit posted about getting a PSVR2 from GameStop in the US. Not sure how many other places got them in before the suspected May 12 date, but they are apparently rolling out now

Just beat Resident Evil Village. I played multiple RE games, but never for very long. They just didn’t click with me like I kept thinking they would. I thought Biohazard being in VR would get me to play it, but motion sickness was a major issue. Village presented sickness issues in the very beginning, but by the time it set in I was already hooked. Took me about 4-5 separate days of trying to get past the first lycan swarm. Once I got an idea of what to do I was able to not get sick because I wasn’t running around so frantically. I started taking some Dramamine before my sessions to help further. The game has been all I could think about for the past couple weeks that I’ve been playing. One of the best gaming experiences I’ve ever had

Edit: with a completion time of 15:45, it was also quite a long experience. Insane value for the $20 I paid

Maybe it's time to call sony customer support. I doubt they can help, but I guess stranger things have happened.

At this point, should I just skip PSVR and put money towards PSVR2?
Do you want to spend more money? Do you want to play a lot of the amazing games that are not on psvr 2 as of now? If psvr2 was backwards compatible, it would be a no-brainer to put the money towards it but the fact that it isn't means you're going to be missing out on a lot of awesome experiences that psvr one has to offer.

Just going by pure technology and ease of use, PSVR2 is definitely the better choice. I'd say look at how much it will cost you for PSVR one and how many games you want to play on it. Right now awesome games like Blood and truth, Iron man, PS worlds, Astrobot, Dreams and plenty of others can only be played on PSVR1. I have to think Sony is going to announce some kind of upgrade path or remakes for those games because they were just too good. Maybe just wait and see what they have to announce the next couple of months.

Even though there are plenty of great experiences to be had on psvr1, I’d recommend skipping it if you already have a ps5. I think most of the must have games from last gen will get ported to psvr2 eventually, and when they do they will be the best version anyway. I’d say it’s equivalent to asking in 1989 if you should buy a Sega Mastersystem or Genesis

For those waiting on gamestop, go to your store and ask them if they have it. If they do not, ask if they can check with other stores. They only have the horizon bundle in their system but thats one way to get it instead of calling every store individually. 

I keep hearing there is a demo for resident evil village, but I can’t seem to find it in the store, either on my console or online. I feel like that might be the best way to show off the game to my friends. Starting them from the beginning takes too long to get anything going and I don’t want to put them in my game and mess up my save file. Was it only available for a limited time? If it still exists, would somebody mind sharing a link for me? Thanks

I keep hearing there is a demo for resident evil village, but I can’t seem to find it in the store, either on my console or online. I feel like that might be the best way to show off the game to my friends. Starting them from the beginning takes too long to get anything going and I don’t want to put them in my game and mess up my save file. Was it only available for a limited time? If it still exists, would somebody mind sharing a link for me? Thanks
I found it here. https://store.playstation.com/en-us/concept/235235

or here all by it's own self.

https://twitter.com/ivry_vr/status/1655554037650006017?s=21

Bad news everyone. A few of his other tweets also touch on the situation, if you want more info

https://twitter.com/ivry_vr/status/1655554037650006017?s=21

Bad news everyone. A few of his other tweets also touch on the situation, if you want more info
Wahh! Technology is too hard and the internet was mean so I quit! Where's my participation trophy?

bread's done
Back