What are your favorite quotes?

here are some of mine:

"God is most glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him." - John Piper

"Dad! You just killed zombie Flanders!"
"....he was a zombie?" - Homer Simpson

"To Alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems." -Homer

"Hey guys! Did you know Wal-Mart is Tram Law spelled backwards." -Me

and the one in my sig.

"Popcorn is a good analogy for show business. Every time you make popcorn, there are always those fluffy, white, happy popped pieces that are fun to eat and look at and everybody likes them. But there are also always those burnt, hard kernels at the bottom that don't pop. You know why they don't pop? They don't pop because they have integrity."
-- Marc Maron

"Pepsi wants us to call it 'The Cola'. I'm probably not going to. Pepsi is as much 'The Cola' as rubharb 'The Pie'".
-- Greg Gulman

"Senator John McCain recently said that allegations of prisoner abuse are "hurting America's image". Also hurting America's image: allowing people to drown when it rains."
-- Amy Poehler on SNL's Weekend Update

"Nine Inch Nails will not be performing at the MTV Movie Awards as previously announced. We were set to perform "The Hand That Feeds" with an unmolested straightforward image of George W. Bush as the backdrop. Apparently the image of our president is as offensive to MTV as it is to me."
-- Trent Reznor, May 26, 2005

"if I could change your mind
i wouldn't save you from the path you wander
in desperation dreams any soul can set you free"
-- VNV Nation, Chrome

"I like hiphop, but there hasn’t been a good hiphop record in the last five years...American hiphop is just ghetto bullshit. People rapping about jewelry."
-- Trent Reznor of NIN

"New rule: If churches don't have to pay taxes, they also can't call the fire department when they catch fire. Sorry, Reverend, that's one of those services that goes along with paying in. I'll use the fire department that I pay for...you can pray for rain."
-- Bill Maher

"To my untrained eye, from this angle, that looks like one jacked-up goat."
-- Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs

"We're going to go out and have fun. Real fun. Not everything has to be strippers and booze and buckets of blood."
-- Michael Bluth on Arrested Development

"I don't have time right now to be the hundred watt bulb for your annoying little moth, so why don't you just fly away?"
-- Dr. Cox on Scrubs

"Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised."
-- Marilyn Manson

"In the end all you can hope for
Is the love you've felt
To equal the pain you've gone through."
-- Editors, "Bones"

"Let's make a bargain. You ask God for help, and I'll stop the moment He shows up."

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?"

“It is not possible to live pleasantly without living prudently, honorably, and justly; nor to live prudently, honorably, and justly without living pleasantly.”

In a demon haunted world, science is a candle in the dark.
--Carl Sagan

To be 'normal' is the ideal aim for the unsuccessful, for all those who are still below the general level of adaptation. But for people of more than average ability... the moral compulsion to be nothing but normal signifies the bed of Procrustes -- deadly and insupportable boredom, a hell of sterility and hopelessness.
-- Carl Jung

Action is man's foremost obligation
--Ayn Rand

To take part in "a severe contest between intelligence, which presses forward, and an unworthy, timid ignorance obstructing our progress."
--Goal of The Economist

They'll kill us if they can, Bruce. Every year they grow smaller. Every year they hate us more. We must not remind them that giants walk the Earth.
--Superman, in "The Dark Knight"

Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity.
--Albert Einstein

“If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.” - E.M. Forster

"Don't you worry about Planet Express, you let me worry about blank."

edit:

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture"
--no known source

Anger ruins joy, steals the goodness of my heart, forces my mouth to say terrible things. Overcoming anger brings peace of mind, a mind without regrets. Overcoming anger, I will be delightful and loved by anyone.

[quote name='darthbudge']"Not Even in the Face of Armageddon, Never Comprimise."

Walter Kovacks AKA Roarscach.[/quote]

Fixed. And yea, that's a great one.

"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them" - xkcd

''Eddie, you keep talking like a bitch, I'm gonna slap you like a bitch''.- Reservior Dogs

"As crazy as I get, I'm always right."-Jimmy Jacobs

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."

Usually attributed to Ben Franklin but apparently he didn't say it.

[quote name='Magehart']
"Hey guys! Did you know Wal-Mart is Tram Law spelled backwards." -Me [/quote]

for some reason, I couldn't stop cracking up when I saw this one...:rofl:

[quote name='keithp']"Don't tase me 'bro!!!"

Best quote of 2007.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Whoso would be a man must be a nonconformist.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Man knows so much and does so little.
--R. Buckminster Fuller

Two quotes about words:

Words are weightless here on earth
Because they're free -- Walkin' On The Sidewalks by Queens of the Stone Age

You don't grasp the beauty of the destruction of words -- Syme, 1984 by George Orwell

bread's done
Back