Official Redbox Thread

I was able to use the game coupon on a Blu-ray by flipping the order that I added things to my cart, but now it seems they used a free rental I'd saved instead of the promo code, and it says that both promo codes are invalid whenever I try to reenter them. WTF?

Redbox: Celebrate our 13th birthday with us! Today only, use code BIRTHDAY to reserve any DVD in-app or at redbox.com for only 13 cents.

It's funny because I thought the same thing, I usually rely on the freebies they toss out every now and then that I'm taking a pass on the $0.13 deal.

Just don't like the idea of putting a $0.13 charge on my card, but I guess that's me.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny because I thought the same thing, I usually rely on the freebies they toss out every now and then that I'm taking a pass on the $0.13 deal.

Just don't like the idea of putting a $0.13 charge on my card, but I guess that's me.
and unless they change it could be a FREE movie weds with the game code... Also with the past free code this weekend there was nothing worth renting..

last few days rented the 8 movies to die for and WOW this has gone down hill big time

wicked within best of all 8 i seen

unnatural okay bear movie

lumberjack man just plain stupid goofly movie worth the free rental

re kill pure junk they made it look like a tv show freaking awful

Bastard pure junk watched all the way though but was doing other crap

wind walkers turned off 20 mins in

could not find

murder in dark or suspension maybe weds

I'm not going to use the free game rental Redbox sent me. Expires tonight.

wc8xhiB.jpg

FYI for all those who have the free game codes that expire tonight. Redbox messed up and invalidated the codes early. Contact Redbox support and they'll give you a new code that won't expire for 45 days.

Had lots of trouble with redbox lately. Returned two games last weekend and tried to rent two new ones. First one went through on the app. Second one was messing up and then on the website it said my account wasn't in good standing. Called them and the person said they would send it over to a different department and they would call me back. Never heard anything, and account is still messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also later saw not to call in about multi use codes not working on the next free code thread over at SD. Although this was the codes given on the app. So be careful about that.

Taken from @wario64 on Twitter

Another weekend, another free Redbox code. Multi-use, expires 12/27
Game: RWQ325Q5
DVD: F467F929
Use website or app

Just found this online & it worked for me even though I was already signed up to get texts. (Normally they don't)

Text YAHOO to 727272 before December 31 & get a free game rental coupon that doesn't expire until 1/11/16 11:59pm.

Only works on games. Just tried a movie rental and got denied. That's probably been mentioned already, but I haven't gone through the thread to check.

[quote name="Peyton_Manning" post="13130096" timestamp="1451510272"]been that way for a few weeks. It used to work, but they "fixed" that.[/quote]
Sucks. Hopefully they aren't doing that with all the other free game promotions.

bread's done
Back