Official Sacramento Area CAG thread

lawdood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Hey all, how many other Sac area CAG's do we have out there? I've seen a few post here and there but figure there must be even more. It would be nice to have a thread where we could post area finds, maybe even help each other out on finding some of these deals.

I'm in the Citrus Heights/ Roseville area myself.

In the add it said some Best Buys will. I would call your local Best Buy and call them to see if they are doing a midnight launch.
I'm guessing the Best Buy near the Arden Fair Mall will but I ain't 100% sure.

It's not video game related, but the Natomas Borders is closing I think on January 3. I believe they're at 40% off now.

[quote name='squid']It's not video game related, but the Natomas Borders is closing I think on January 3. I believe they're at 40% off now.[/quote]

thanks for the heads up I'll probably drop by after Target.

just got back from Borders. Wow it is trashy there. Not many books left but there are lots of DVDs and some blu-rays movies. Even though its 40% off it's not that cheap considering that most of the movies are overpriced. I ended up not getting anything. They are closing Jan 3 and everything is marked 40% off so if anyone is interested better go soon.

waddup 916? There was a B1G1 on PS3, 360 select games I didn't get anything but did see this in the Natomas area at bestbuy

[quote name='CaoPi']waddup 916? There was a B1G1 on PS3, 360 select games I didn't get anything but did see this in the Natomas area at bestbuy[/quote]

Thx for the heads up, was out in Natomas this morning so checked it out. While there were a few decent games on the lists, anything that would have been worth picking up was out of stock already.

[quote name='alpinex8']The circuit city's around sac are a joke everythings only 10% off.[/quote]

eh -- thats kinda how it works. they only just announced they're closing stores. it took forever for compusa discounts to drop into anything reasonable. ..and by that time everything awesome was gone.

A couple of days ago, I went to Circuit City in Elk Grove, CA and they had some Guitar Hero 3 bundles for PS3 for I believe around $39. I don't know if this was a fluke because I went back to the Circuit City and saw that they were sold out. Also, Arden Circuit City didn't appear to have any cheap bundles.

[quote name='alpinex8']Does anyone know where I can find a rock band triple cymbal pack in sacramento[/QUOTE]

I would just go with amazon

I'm trying to find something really rare, a Beatmania PS2 bundle. Has anyone seen one?

I wonder if Gamestop could get it shipped from store to store, I noticed that some of the other stores has it but its none in my area.

last time i saw a beatmania bundle it was at a tru, but that was quite a while ago.

anyone see kof 98 ultimate match? i know it's out -- but i cant find it anywhere.

anybody participate in the recent game days sales at gamestop? In south sac I found everything to be gutted including the one I wanted V. Chronicles....

What do us Sac folks need gamestop for when we have Dimple to go to? In the past month I picked up Fable 2 for $28, Star ocean for $28, and L4D $28

If you subscribe to their online news letter they send out %20 off used game coupons every other week.

I think this is how they price their games

$59.99 MSRP = $34.99 Used
$49.99 MSRP = $28.99 or 24.99 Used
$39.99 MSRP = $21ish Used
$29.99 MSRP = $15-20 Used
$19.99 MSRP = $10-13 Used

Also remember they are a LITTLE slow in repricing their games, but they do it every few weeks

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen an inexpensive rockband bundle lately? The one I was going to buy disappeared a while back and for a game I won't play unless there is people around, I can't make myself pay retail.

^RB1 bundles are going for cheap at the Blockbuster sale, YMMV in regards to stock of course... which reminds me, anyone here near Sac finding any good games from that? I'm in Davis, so aside from the one BBV here, the nearest stores are 15 - 20 min drives for me.

I haven't had the chance to call/visit any of the others yet, but I wanna know if it's worth the drive

I did a pretty extensive search. What are you looking for?

Edit: I hit around 9 blockbusters; however, I was unable to find any rockband....if anyone spots one I would be extremely grateful.

Mainly

:ps3:Socom w/headset
:ps3:DMC4 LE
:ds:The World Ends With You
:ds:Professor Layton
:360:Spiderman: WoS

There is a PS3 vers of Spiderman at my BBV here, but I'm leaning toward the 360 vers for achievements.... I finally have time today to check out some BBVs in Woodland so I'll report back if I find anything good.

Edit: Ok, so I checked out the BBVs in Dixon and one in Woodland and hauled in Socom and Spiderman. Still no sign of TWEWY or Layton though, as well as any RB bundles.

I saw Devil May Cry LE in the blockbuster in K street saturday. I also saw Spiderman:WoS somewhere, I'll post again if I see it again or if I remember. Nice that you scored a socom.

Sears at Arden Fair had at least four copies of SC IV last night (4/28). Not sure if they'll price match, but thought I'd pass it on.

If you need an ad, the Best Buy next door at the other end of the mall has a stack of them right by the entrance.

Has anyone been to GameNTrade yet? It's on Folsom Blvd. and Bradshaw. Their prices and trade-in values are slightly better than GameStops, and they often have $5 off sales on new games (I got Burnout Paradise for $15 new).

Website.

Kind of off topic, but has anyone seen any Mountain Dew Throwback around Sac? I've found the 20z bottles at the Walmart in Elk Grove and Target had the 12oz cans but they were all sold out. Everywhere else I've gone they either don't have it or they are sold out.

[quote name='djSyndrome']Has anyone been to GameNTrade yet? It's on Folsom Blvd. and Bradshaw. Their prices and trade-in values are slightly better than GameStops, and they often have $5 off sales on new games (I got Burnout Paradise for $15 new).

Website.[/QUOTE]

I work around there and have seen the store. I have wanted to pop in to check it out, but I usualy pick bad times when I drive by it.

Too bad more people didnt use this thread we could help each other with target, TRU, etc. clearance games.

I just hit the Hollywood Video on Mack Road and they have about 6 copies or so of Far Cry 2 on Xbox 360 used for 4.99 (part of the 29.99 or less used sale) as well as End War, Soldier of Fortune Payback, Golden Axe Beat Rider (all X360), and several more I don't remember. Great time to stock up :)

I also dropped by the Hollywood Video on elk grove florin but they're pretty cleaned out. I picked up the last copy of Crisis Core for 4.99. Plenty of Wii shovelware available though :p

You must've gotten to the mack one before I did because they had absolute zero when I went there. Same with the elk grove florin one, they had fable 2, but they couldnt find the disk. The franklin and laguna one is where i hit it big, got about 11 games from there, woulda got more but i didn't want to take everything.

I didn't go to the franklin and laguna one because I thought it closed down >.< I guess not, I'll have to check it out tomorrow. I went back to the one on elk grove florin and they still have a few ps3 and xbox 360 games if anyone is interested. I remember Alone in the Dark, Beowulf, The Darkness, and plenty of ps2/xbox/gamecube games.

I have been purchasing games from IllusiveX for a grip now! Every game I have ever got from them has never been over $20! Well except my Fallout 3 Collector's Edition (lunch pail). When I received the item my buddy was with me and could not believe that I only paid $25. It was in mint condition! Now he shops there.

The games are legit M.S. and they have this wait list thing!

Search: Portland "Craigslist" (newb no link's /arghh/ can somebody post?)
Quick Shipping: Yes
Guarantee: Yes
Secret: Avoid there eBay store.
When new releases come out just get on there wait list.
just ask em!

Does anyone know if its worth the effort to find clearance items at Sears at the Arden Mall?

The only deals I know of...
a Walmart in Marysville has a copy on Valkyria Chronicles (checked online...so its not for sure).
Also, I saw a Rockband bundle (not sure which) priced at $69.99 at GameNTrade on Folsom and Bradshaw.

(does anyone have a gamefly account in the sacramento area, whats the turnaround time like?)

I went to the Sears a month or so ago...there's really nothing on clearance. same thing for the one on Florin Road. Sears in Sacramento sucks

I had Gamefly, for somewhere around 2-3 months. Expect atleast a week or more before seeing a new game. Turn around sucked very badly. It also seems like we get the raw end of the deal when it comes to stock everything is always long waits and never ships out here for anything 'newer'(2-even 4 months old on some games). I would not recommend gamefly to anyone in Sac.

I stay in Natomas the blockbusters out here have buy 1 get on free on ps3 xbox 360 and wii games slim pickings but I got (360) condemned 2 for $9.99 and turok (ps3) free not bad 5 bucks a pop really

[quote name='BADAIM']I stay in Natomas the blockbusters out here have buy 1 get on free on ps3 xbox 360 and wii games slim pickings but I got (360) condemned 2 for $9.99 and turok (ps3) free not bad 5 bucks a pop really[/QUOTE]

What about the Target out there, get any good deals? I live in roseville and dont make it out there too much. I plan to go there on Tue possibly to look for a FF echoes of Time for Wii. The locator shows they have some but those are usually hit and miss.

Did anyone get any good games at the hollywood 29.99 for 5$ deal a few weeks back? I went out to citrus heights and roseville and they had slim picking but I got lucky with a couple titles. Halo Wars, GH:WT. Did anyone else get any good deals out of it?

bread's done
Back