Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='foreinter']I checked another Sears and found Alpha Procotol is $4.97 for PS3. But I just passed it.[/QUOTE]

Your weapon is choice

[quote name='thegame85']I went ahead and returned my copy of White Knight Chronicles today. $27 (after tax) Was too much after really thinking the purchase over. Let me just say that I really dislike Sears' customer service. I went to return the game at the first service center I saw, then they told me to go to electronics. In that section the guy was helping an older couple, then he had to help some lady return a stereo, then the phone rang and he was talking to someone for like 10 mins, then he finally called someone to help me. Ridiculous!! I'm using the gift card at Kmart when they have a good sale! It's a sad day when KMART beats you in customer service![/QUOTE]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You hit the nail on the head there, RealDeals. I've spent far more time being annoyed waiting for someone competent to show up in electronics at Kmart than I've ever spent at a Sears store. Although at Sears since the guys are on commission(I think) for TV's n some of the other bigger shit, they may ignore ya if you're just looking to buy/return a game.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Yet I got into a rut where I only played maybe 1-2 titles out of my collection and just stuck to playing those while still buying and buying.
.[/QUOTE]

That's me and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I have for some reason been enjoying cheap old racing games...Shift is fun.

Wish me luck on what I find at the Edison mall today in Fl.
Hope I come out with a copy of LBP 2 GOTY or El Hoardo not sucking that place dry. XD
I'll report back later today

[quote name='envelopes']lucky![/QUOTE]
Yeah i had to drive a ways to get it,but made it worth it.I think they had another copy,could've picked it up to trade or sell,but i try not to be greedy.

Just left the Sears in Ft Lauderdale (us1). With a ton of games. They gave me an extra 50% off clearance items. The worker said it's 50% off clearance at all stores. I'm heading over to another Sears now. I'll post a picture when I get home.

[quote name='RockoMan']Just left the Sears in Ft Lauderdale (us1). With a ton of games. They gave me an extra 50% off clearance items. The worker said it's 50% off clearance at all stores. I'm heading over to another Sears now. I'll post a picture when I get home.[/QUOTE]

The 33% off promo said it was good until Aug 27th, so I don't know why they would end that early to make it 50%. I'm guessing that employee had no idea about other stores, since these extra clearances seem to be YMMV.

[quote name='scottman']The 33% off promo said it was good until Aug 27th, so I don't know why they would end that early to make it 50%. I'm guessing that employee had no idea about other stores, since these extra clearances seem to be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

The manager came over and told me about the extra 50% off then asked if I wanted to keep shopping lol. I went to another Sears and did not receive any extra discount.

Are all the prices on the actual games or are some just not marked. When i went in today only found like 2 games for 4.97. Wish they had a price checker and didn't have to talk to the old man sitting in the chair lol.

Did really good today. Picked up these from the Sears on US1 in Ft Lauderdale

Trauma Center 2 Under the Knife (DS) 5.97
Brutal Legend (360) - 1.97
Singularity (360) - 7.97
Red Faction Guerrilla (360) - 4.97
Condemned: Criminal Origins (360) - 3.97
The Orange Box (360) - 4.97
Mass Effect (360) - 4.97
Skate 2 (360) - 4.97
Fight Night Round 3 (360) - 4.97
Guitar Hero V Bundle (w/ guitar) PS3 - 14.97
XBL 60GB Starter Kit - 19.97
^all of these items were an additional 50% off. I have included pictures of everything.

From the Sears on Copans and US1 I got (with no extra discount)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 5.97
Persona 3 FES (PS2) - 5.97

reciet.jpg

reciet2.jpg
games1.jpg

[quote name='shaniqua1990']anyboey go to sears in nyc see 60gb drives there?[/QUOTE]

I think I got the last 2 in the one in NYC thanks poster.

First time ever going into sears. Picked up two guitar hero 5 bundles (ps2) @ $9.60 and fight night round 3 for under $5 (ps3) just for the hell of it

Got a Canon A490 camera which is a display model. All the accessories are put in a zip bag. There is no original box for it. The price is $29 and I just added $4.5 for a two year protection plan. Thanks for all the input.

Found a Dualshock 3 control and Wii Classic Controller today. Paid $25+tax for the two. Not bad for a Sears in a mall :D

For anyone in the boston area, I saw 2 x 60 GB hard drive bundles at the south shore plaza this evening. Everything else was shovelware. Also looking for Persona 3 FES and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn if anyone has copies and willing to trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foreinter']Got a Canon A490 camera which is a display model. All the accessories are put in a zip bag. There is no original box for it. The price is $29 and I just added $4.5 for a two year protection plan. Thanks for all the input.[/QUOTE]

i bought this too but it was at staples and came out to be $33 plus 25% back in rewards

Went to my local sears earlier and they didn't have any extra percentage off clearance. A cashier did say that there will be an extra 10% off tomorrow for some family and friends thing. The clearance games that saw weren't worth it though because they were still $14.97 so it would barely make a dent in slashing the price down, and the cheapest game that they had plenty of copies of was Fight Round 4 for $4.97.

I did grab a few 4GB micro sd cards though that were on sale for $7.99 so the trip wasn't a waste. :)

I hit up the other local Sears today which was supposed to have the Canon A490 in stock according to Google Shopping. They DID NOT.:roll: I pored over the glass display case they normally put the clearance priced cameras into about 3x, as well as the camera aisles where they have the display models out.

I also re-checked for :ps3:Little Big Planet, which is STILL showing as in stock(albeit for $9.97 still) and it's still MIA or sold out but hasn't updated yet.

I came up empty on all fronts. Google Shopping is a godsend at times, but lately it's been a frickin' thorn in my side, showing shit that has likely sold out(perhaps long ago) as still in stock.:roll:

Store I went to supposedly had 41 different titles under $5.97, I was only able to come up with 15. The guy working there said there were no games in the back, so I'm guessing they're all either errors in the inventory, or the games were stolen

The games I bought now show as OOS on the Google locator, so its not like the thing is out of date.

TOS 46LCD, CLR 239.93

Was just browsing for a tv in the basement to complete the home system. Few days before purchased a 40" lcd to go on the bar wall. Came across this toshiba 1080p lcd tv and couldn't pass it up at that price. Plus its under warranty as well, right around $249 out the door. Probably will hit up sears every once in awhile for something like this again

[quote name='GaMeR_2007']Anyone know what mp3 players are clearanced? I'm looking to get a replacement.[/QUOTE]

I was also looking for an mp3 player replacement last week and from searching came up with 3 stocked items on clearance in my area. you can change the location in google shopping to see if any are in stock at sears in your area

ipod touch 8gb $170
http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=ktlHTp6IL6rkiALn-uiDAg&ved=0CK4BEPMCMAUhttp://www.google.com/products/cata...AQ&ved=0CJUBEN0LMAI&os=local-sellers#lstart=0http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=ktlHTp6IL6rkiALn-uiDAg&ved=0CK4BEPMCMAU

ipod nano 8gb $120
http://www.google.com/products/cata...Q&ved=0CJUBEN0LMAI&os=local-sellers#lstart=64http://www.google.com/products/cata...AQ&ved=0CJUBEN0LMAI&os=local-sellers#lstart=0

Gpx 4gb digital media player $20
http://www.google.com/products/deta...=X&ei=YdtHTsyhD8fjiAK5tbzQCw&ved=0CLYBEKoMMAQ

After a few failed attempts in liberating a clearance Asus netbook from the back stock rooms I was finally able to buy 2 at the $140 price.

The first sears I went to quickly found the item but refused to sell it for the price they had in their system and said I would have to pay the sears.com price of $330.

The next location wasn't able to check up on the item unless they had the item already out with the barcode to scan. If I wanted the item brought out I would have to purchase it on their in store computer terminal through the sears.com site and pay their $330 price and pick store pickup.

The last store went more smoothly since I went in with a printed upc code. I walked in and checked with the price checker machine, proceeded to the nearest register and purchased 2, and then had a short wait at merchandise pickup to get them :D

Having printed upc codes for bigger clearance items like camcorders and tv will now be mandatory for me from now on since otherwise without it to scan the employees just keep insisting that what I saw was a sears.com marketplace price, google products in stock search doesn't track sears instore stock and prices, or they just go by the prices listed out in front of the display model.

Using printed UPC codes helped me get the 2 netbooks, a $100 32 inch tv, and $300 40 inch tv after being shot down otherwise and asked to pay sears.com price or prices listed in front of display models.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, the Belden Village Mall Sears in Canton has the iPod Nanon 8gb ones for $95.93 on clearance. They marked them down further than this month's drop.

Since there was such a huge discussion over shipping rates etc here I'm wondering if anyone remembers the average weight for shipping a single PS3 game in a bubble mailer. I have shipped Blu-ray's and DVD's and they come out to 4.2 ounces. Do PS3 games with the manual etc. exceed 5 ounces? I'm printing a pre-paid shipping label from ebay and so don't want to mess it up. Thanks.

[quote name='arsenal_fan']Since there was such a huge discussion over shipping rates etc here I'm wondering if anyone remembers the average weight for shipping a single PS3 game in a bubble mailer. I have shipped Blu-ray's and DVD's and they come out to 4.2 ounces. Do PS3 games with the manual etc. exceed 5 ounces? I'm printing a pre-paid shipping label from ebay and so don't want to mess it up. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps not the most helpful answer but this will be per game. I know Capcom loves to do large guides for street fighter IV same with blazblue. Obviously you can feel the difference though.

Even your heaviest games with 2 discs or larger manuals will rarely be heavier than 6oz, including a bubble mailer. It's always best to estimate a little bit higher; the difference will only be 15-20 cents, versus underestimating the weight and having it sent back.

[quote name='RockoMan']Did really good today. Picked up these from the Sears on US1 in Ft Lauderdale

Trauma Center 2 Under the Knife (DS) 5.97
Brutal Legend (360) - 1.97
Singularity (360) - 7.97
Red Faction Guerrilla (360) - 4.97
Condemned: Criminal Origins (360) - 3.97
The Orange Box (360) - 4.97
Mass Effect (360) - 4.97
Skate 2 (360) - 4.97
Fight Night Round 3 (360) - 4.97
Guitar Hero V Bundle (w/ guitar) PS3 - 14.97
XBL 60GB Starter Kit - 19.97
^all of these items were an additional 50% off. I have included pictures of everything.

From the Sears on Copans and US1 I got (with no extra discount)
Devil May Cry 4 (PS3) - 5.97
Persona 3 FES (PS2) - 5.97

reciet.jpg

reciet2.jpg
games1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'm Near the Ft Lauderdale area like 25 mins away and i was just wondering if it was just for that one day for the 50% off sale or is it still going on today? Also if they had anymore Condemmed 1, Singularity, or XBL 60GB Starter Kit left?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='ZmanGold3000']Are all the prices on the actual games or are some just not marked. When i went in today only found like 2 games for 4.97. Wish they had a price checker and didn't have to talk to the old man sitting in the chair lol.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats what sucks,most of them arent priced right,i only knew to check the games i heard were on sale through here.

[quote name='osugsxr']TOS 46LCD, CLR 239.93

Was just browsing for a tv in the basement to complete the home system. Few days before purchased a 40" lcd to go on the bar wall. Came across this toshiba 1080p lcd tv and couldn't pass it up at that price. Plus its under warranty as well, right around $249 out the door. Probably will hit up sears every once in awhile for something like this again[/QUOTE]

Awesome deal. Do you think you can post the full model number?

[quote name='dabamus']FYI, the Belden Village Mall Sears in Canton has the iPod Nanon 8gb ones for $95.93 on clearance. They marked them down further than this month's drop.[/QUOTE]

d-bum you are missed in the chat :(

Found Rock Star's Table Tennis for $3 and Rhythm heaven for $5.
Don't know how good of a deal it is but I have always wanted to play those games and they seemed pretty cheap to me. I saw Punch Out Wii for $10 but don't know how good of a deal that was. There were also a bunch of Guitar and Band Hero DS games for $5 with the adapter but I didn't bother.

[quote name='eliter1']Found Rock Star's Table Tennis for $3 and Rhythm heaven for $5.
Don't know how good of a deal it is but I have always wanted to play those games and they seemed pretty cheap to me. [/QUOTE]

This is a great deal! $3 for a game you'll probably have a bunch of fun with is good, and then $5 for a first party nintendo game. And you've always wanted to play them!

No video game clearance at my sears, but did find the Panasonic FH20 camera for $70. Bought 2 Asus netbooks online for $120 and did a site pick up but when I got there they said they didn't have any and their inventory was wrong and refunded my card. Even got a manager but said that he couldn't sell me something that they didn't have. Odds that an employee is walking home with a great deal...very good.

[quote name='Bezerker']Store I went to supposedly had 41 different titles under $5.97, I was only able to come up with 15. The guy working there said there were no games in the back, so I'm guessing they're all either errors in the inventory, or the games were stolen

The games I bought now show as OOS on the Google locator, so its not like the thing is out of date.[/QUOTE]
It still shows the Xbox Live 60gb starter kits as in stock(but limited stock now) at my closest store after I bought the only two that were out on the sales floor. So unless they have one or more stashed in the back, then that thing is certainly off in this case.

Found some unmarked Wii Motion Plus for 4.97. I bought one so now all of my 3 vanilla remotes have Motion Plus in addition to my black Wiimote with integrated motion plus. Also one of the guys started the 20% off clothes and accessories earlier, so kudos to him.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It still shows the Xbox Live 60gb starter kits as in stock(but limited stock now) at my closest store after I bought the only two that were out on the sales floor. So unless they have one or more stashed in the back, then that thing is certainly off in this case.[/QUOTE]

I thought you didn't have a 360? Going to flip em to pay for other stuff?

I just sold the 3 month gold card that came with mine for 17.50 + 1.99 shipping and sold my old 20 gb HDD to some kid through craigslist for $10. On top of that, my old headset was broke. So this worked out real well for me. I got 3x hard drive space, a replacement headset, and 27.50 in exchange for my $20.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Picked up Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena :ps3: for $2.97...Any good?[/QUOTE]

I believe Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a part of Assault on Dark Athena and I can vouch for that being a very very good game.

[quote name='Blaster man']I thought you didn't have a 360? Going to flip em to pay for other stuff?

I just sold the 3 month gold card that came with mine for 17.50 + 1.99 shipping and sold my old 20 gb HDD to some kid through craigslist for $10. On top of that, my old headset was broke. So this worked out real well for me. I got 3x hard drive space, a replacement headset, and 27.50 in exchange for my $20.[/QUOTE]
You're right. I don't have a 360 as of yet. I picked them up to hopefully trade 1:1 for a new/sealed 7" Sylvania netbook from this clearance since I couldn't find any of those by me.

I saw some PS3 WoR guitar bundles but they were not cheap at all,thought i heard they were.Also they finally had the paper with the additional 33 % off clearance games.The lady in electronics was trying to tell me it was only for the guitar and band bundles,when clearly it stated it was for any clearance games or bundles:roll:.They didnt have any cheap games i wanted anyway,but i just hate incompetence.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Picked up Chronicles Of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena :ps3: for $2.97...Any good?[/QUOTE]

VERY good. man, I'll have to keep my eyes out for that one next Sears I go to.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I saw some PS3 WoR guitar bundles but they were not cheap at all,thought i heard they were.Also they finally had the paper with the additional 33 % off clearance games.The lady in electronics was trying to tell me it was only for the guitar and band bundles,when clearly it stated it was for any clearance games or bundles:roll:.They didnt have any cheap games i wanted anyway,but i just hate incompetence.[/QUOTE]

Guitar Hero V = $14.98:D

bread's done
Back