Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

Some Sears stores eliminated their gaming sections a while ago. One in particular I can think of offhand is the one at the Shops At Ithaca Mall(formerly the Pyramid Mall) up in Ithaca, NY.

[quote name='woz3323']Dumb question, but where does Sears keep their games. I have two around me and have searched their electronics department and cannot find one trace of any game.[/QUOTE]

Not all Sears Carry games, especially if it's close to a K-Mart. There are about 13 Sears in the DFW area and the Denton, TX location does not carry games. Sears is supposed to be discontinuing Video Game sales. I've heard that they will no longer sell any Video Games and I've also heard that they'll only be carrying Consoles and the latest AAA Titles in the future.

First post, hope I don't step on any toes with the length...

I've noticed that this last price update (which oddly happened at mid month this time) put most of the items I've been eyeing at or around Amazon / Ebay prices, so it will be interesting if next month another significant price drop occurs. That would certainly coincide with the rumor that all Sears will be clearing out most of their inventory by September.

Anyways, here are some decent drops that I haven't seen mentioned:

:wii: Wii Nunchuck - $8.97, This one was an older style in the larger cardboard (not plastic blister) packaging, but still the officially licensed version

:wii: Classic Controller Pro White - $11.22, good value, one more drop will do it for me

:wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl - $23.XX (?), I forgot if this one was scanning 22 or 23 on my sheet, however my store that once had 5-6 copies were instantly cleared out at this price before another drop could happen

:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn - $14.97, I think a lot of people on here got this for $8 last year, however one more drop could make this interesting for late comers

Also I can confirm the closeout of :wii: Metroid: Other M, as the $5 copy I grabbed was hand written in by the manager, so these will disappear in the near future.

Final note, I was able to price match last week's Best Buy sale on :wii: Sin and Punishment 2 (which I think is on clearance right now for $22.XX at Sears), and with the price match guarantee, I was able to get it for $3.50 out the door (I would of posted sooner, but I was still an Ultra Newb). So don't forget to PM that old Sears inventory before its gone.

Hmm. I think I saw everything you posted at my Sears as well. Sans Super Smash Bros Brawl and maybe Kirby's Epic Yarn. Lol. Don't know, wasn't paying attention to everything in the gaming section.

I may have written too soon, as a recent price scan revealed prices back to what they were a month ago, pre 25% discount as seen a couple of weeks ago. This must of been some unannounced and temporary (but oddly universal) sale on clearance titles, time will tell if there will be a permanent drop in August.

Post if you see otherwise, as I have only checked one store out. This is not the direction I like to see clearance prices go. :headache:

[quote name='mitch079']Looks like google shopping is at least partially working again.[/QUOTE]

Finally some positive news :) thanks for the heads up

I'm curious about the situation at my store. I'll try and check it out tonight or tomorrow. I haven't been back there in a few weeks.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I may have written too soon, as a recent price scan revealed prices back to what they were a month ago, pre 25% discount as seen a couple of weeks ago. This must of been some unannounced and temporary (but oddly universal) sale on clearance titles, time will tell if there will be a permanent drop in August.

Post if you see otherwise, as I have only checked one store out. This is not the direction I like to see clearance prices go. :headache:[/QUOTE]

In one of the sears I visited, there was a sign that said 10-35% of clearance games and accessories that began in early July and ended on July 28. That may account for the rise in clearance prices.

I was just there last night, and there's no longer the 25% extra on top(though I was pressured to sign up for a Sears card even though all I wanted was a price check). All the prices were as marked. Only two things I wanted was Obscure for Wii which was 7.97 and a copy of Vanquish for 360, so I'm hoping Sunday something happens. I'll take a look, if not, I'm going to bite on both just so that I get them for that price. I think I can PM if they do a clearance sale later anyway.

[quote name='NineH']In one of the sears I visited, there was a sign that said 10-35% of clearance games and accessories that began in early July and ended on July 28. That may account for the rise in clearance prices.[/QUOTE]

Well that would explain it, thanks. The Sears I go to are very uninformed about the current promotions and sales, which can be good (aging price stickers on clearance games) or bad (such as this case).

Oh, and thanks mitch079 for the tip; even in its partial state, I love having Google shopping back.

Anyone find any First Friday of the Month drops today? Or is it too early into the month for a First Friday? Or does Sears even follow any schedules anymore?

I miss 2010....

[quote name='sadakou']Anyone find any First Friday of the Month drops today? Or is it too early into the month for a First Friday? Or does Sears even follow any schedules anymore?

I miss 2010....[/QUOTE]

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver had July tags that priced the games at $24.97, but they scanned at $19.97. Everything else I checked (which wasn't a whole lot) rang up at the July price. No idea if that means the August drops happened and were really small, of if the Pokemon drops happened last month and were never updated. Hopefully the latter.

[quote name='elrobo8']Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver had July tags that priced the games at $24.97, but they scanned at $19.97. Everything else I checked (which wasn't a whole lot) rang up at the July price. No idea if that means the August drops happened and were really small, of if the Pokemon drops happened last month and were never updated. Hopefully the latter.[/QUOTE]

I decided to get the Pokemon HeartGold since it's the cheapest I can find any Pokemon game new and used for $19.97. This will be my first Pokemon game. Other then that the Downtown Chicago Sears didn't have anything that interest me. Dragon Age II and Portal 2 on PC were $9.98. Golden Sun on DS is also $9.98. The bargin bin had nothing but crap DS and Wii games peppered with a few PS2 games and accessories.

Stopped in and found several August clearance drops.

FIFA 12 PS3 $24.98
Daxter PSP $9.98
God of War Ghost of Sparta PSP $4.97
God of War Chains of Olympus PSP $4.97

Saw a clearance tag on a 320 gb Uncharted 3 PS3. I can't remember exactly, but I think the tag was for $289 without a month on the tag. I think the MSRP was $299. Saw the same with a 360 console. The piano black PSP Go is still holding tight at $99.98 and the PSP 3000s are still at MSRP.

I grabbed both the GoW games since I recently snagged a PSP 3000 from Kmart.

My Sears had the price drops ready this past weekend. They finally marked the silver PS2 down to $44.97. Nothing else remarkable, Wii Sports Resort was down to $24.97.

Looks like the fat 250gb 360 hard drive finally is in the clearance cycle. 74.97 according to google. Also typing Sears Video Game seems to bring up the most results.

[quote name='sherlock2g'] -snip- Golden Sun on DS is also $9.98. -snip- [/QUOTE]

I paid 9.99 >.> overpaid yet again, my sears has shiny new tags with aug but no price drops >.> prices stayed the same / rose

The Sears near work had (3) 250 GB Slims on Red Tag Clearance for $179! Three of my co-workers bought them. One plans to replace his older 360 and another has been on the fence about getting a 360. That price pushed him off the fence.

Does anyone know the price of the Maroon/Burgundy DSi XL? There are several here marked at $159 which is currently higher than the MSRP of $129 for the system. The blue DSi XL's are correctly priced at $129

Sometimes sears as well as radioshack has items placed above MSRP

Several months after the 3ds price drop from 250 -> 170 the local radioshack still had the listing at 250

[quote name='mitch079']Looks like the fat 250gb 360 hard drive finally is in the clearance cycle. 74.97 according to google. Also typing Sears Video Game seems to bring up the most results.[/QUOTE]
I tried that method(typing just Sears Video Game)and it does bring up some listings for Sears, but there's no frickin' prices on anything aside from the MSRP on the main listings.:whistle2:#

[quote name='SaraAB']Does anyone know the price of the Maroon/Burgundy DSi XL? There are several here marked at $159 which is currently higher than the MSRP of $129 for the system. The blue DSi XL's are correctly priced at $129[/QUOTE]

According to Google shopping in my area, the Burgundy and Bronze DSi XL are going for $119.97, of course none in my immediate area.

I don't think the DSi XL is worth buying at this point as the 3DS XL is right around the corner and accomplishes the same thing, and also plays DS games. Maybe for about $30-50 it would be worth a pickup but if you get it you will be losing out on future 3DS games and will just have to buy another system in the future.

If I was going to drop $120 for a DSi XL I may as well just save up $80 more and pick up a 3DS XL.

I was going to say the same thing, unless you find a really good clearance price on a dsi xl. I'll probably wait for a deal/bundle on the 3ds xl.

Stopped by Sears yesterday to see if my scan sheet showed anything else significant that wasn't mentioned. I didn't find much...

:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn - $14.97, back to the price it was during last month's sale. Interestingly enough, every time this game has (officially) dropped in price, its always been in $5 increments. Predicting next drop on this will be $9.97.

:wii: Sin and Punishment: Star Successor - $24.97, still a bad price, though it did drop by $5, at least its something

Also saw announcement in store, Friends and Family Sale for Sunday, August 12th, from 6pm to 9pm, which includes 10% off regular price and clearance video games (excluding hardware, though). YMMV, but last time I saw this sale it was effective in two of the stores I check, always good to have a little extra discount.

I'll try to check another Sears this weekend, which has a better list of titles in stock, I might find something else.

[quote name='tomwaits1']I don't know if it's a new drop, but God of War Collection (PS3) is $9.98 at my local store.[/QUOTE]

God damn it!!!! My store has it all priced high or has nothing of value.....

Saw:
:360: Mass Effect 2 - $12.98
:wii: Shovelware - Burger Time; Vivia Pinata; etc. - $2.98

Also: Logitech Harmony 650 Remote - $34.98 (MSRP $79.99)

I hate my harmony remote, it's so friggin stupid how they set it up. The damn thing wants to turn everything on and off, and gets confused all the time, and then when you use device mode, you can't bind the volume to a different device, because it wants you to be in a particular mode (tv, dvd, etc). It's still better than the 4 remotes I used to use, but only just.

[quote name='stoned99']I hate my harmony remote, it's so friggin stupid how they set it up. The damn thing wants to turn everything on and off, and gets confused all the time, and then when you use device mode, you can't bind the volume to a different device, because it wants you to be in a particular mode (tv, dvd, etc). It's still better than the 4 remotes I used to use, but only just.[/QUOTE]
i got that urc 50 remote they had for $30 and i love it

Snagged Nascar 11 for PS3 for 10 bucks and they had the 250gb hard drives for the fat Xbox 360's for $56.23 after an additional 25% off clearance price.

This was at the Parks in Arlington Tx mall

The whole wire basket was re-tagged with August stickers, but it doesn't appear than any of the prices dropped from last month. And Kinect Sports is still $40+:roll:

The only update I saw at my local Sears was a bunch of games with Zero Value Return to Vendor signs/stickers added onto the shrinkwrap of some games and were still left in the case. I don't know what the point of that was? (I mean to take the time to put the Zero Value on the games and put them on multiple copies of the same game and leave them in the case like that when they can't be sold).

[quote name='modano79']Snagged Nascar 11 for PS3 for 10 bucks and they had the 250gb hard drives for the fat Xbox 360's for $56.23 after an additional 25% off clearance price.

This was at the Parks in Arlington Tx mall[/QUOTE]

Anything else decent? Haven't been to Arlington in awhile. Were all clearance video games and accessories 25% off?

Bought after 25% discount:

2x Pokemon HeartGold Bundle DS $16.XX
Pokemon Black DS - $16.XX

Saw:

10x Nintendo DS XL - $119.XX + 25 % discount = $89.XX
5x Xbox 360 250GB Slim Kinect Bundle - $289.XX + 25% discount = $216.XX
Lots of 360, PS3, Wii Game DVD Storage Tower for like $7.5, $11.XX, $15 after 25% discount.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']The only update I saw at my local Sears was a bunch of games with Zero Value Return to Vendor signs/stickers added onto the shrinkwrap of some games and were still left in the case. I don't know what the point of that was? (I mean to take the time to put the Zero Value on the games and put them on multiple copies of the same game and leave them in the case like that when they can't be sold).[/QUOTE]

That's from the inventory team. If you get a manager that cares about going the extra mile, you might be able to get them for 25-50% below the last stickered price.

[quote name='RedFoxCommando']Anything else decent? Haven't been to Arlington in awhile. Were all clearance video games and accessories 25% off?[/QUOTE]

The only game on the 25% was a Wii game called Where the Wild Things are. Everything else pretty much was just on regular clearance. There were several games marked $9.97, but to be honest with you, I was only looking for the Nascar so I didn't pay attention to what was there

YMMV:
Not on clearance but I picked up a Harmony One remote on sale for $119 yesterday.
Amazon currently has the same remote for $148. It shows as not available for shipping and my nearby Sears was showing as out-of-stock online but they had one available in the electronics section.

Might have to check out my Sears today, I need to run out anyway... Showing some DSI XL's in stock for $130 but unless my store has a big additional discount on clearance stuff it's not really worth it. My Son is getting to the age where I'd like to start him on some simple "real" games though so finding one at a good price would be nice.

Stopped by McKinley Mall. Locked in the glass case were two dsi xls with a big "closeout" sticker. $65 each. I grabbed one and my buddy got one. Also got a 250 gig slim 360 for $175. Lady said she just marked them down an hour before we got there.
Eastern Hills still has a few dsi xls, but they still ring up at $119.97. Anyone else looking for one might want to keep an eye on that store. Looked like they had 3 bronze and 1 burgundy.

They had a silver DS Lite at the Eastern hills the last time I was there, but it was marked regular price 99.99. I wonder how much it really was.

Nice on the DSi XL's but I am not really interested in them at this time.

I got a blue dsixl that came with mario vs donkey kong for $40 from the Galleria Sears a few months ago and i love it. Unfortunately, my chick loved it too. Now i can surprise her with her own.
Those large screens are great.

bread's done
Back