Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

No luck for my trip to Sears in Westminster, CA. There was a few bins with games marked down, but nothing more than a few bucks off msrp, consoles still full price

just went to the store in waterbury ct.
there was a clearance rack, everything 90% off. mostly crap but was able to dig up one copy of metroid prime 3: courrption, which i picked up for $3.72.
manager said he's going to bring out some of the stuff behind the case as soon as he gets rid of the stuff on the rack...

i don't think i'll be going back. seems like hit or miss with lots of luck involved.

[quote name='BowserG']Is this nation wide or just the usual YMMV Sears BS?[/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV.

The two stores today had the exact same socks for two completely different prices. $6 diff between stores! Guess I'll have to keep wearing my socks with holes in them. ;)

[quote name='Graviex']No luck for my trip to Sears in Westminster, CA. There was a few bins with games marked down, but nothing more than a few bucks off msrp, consoles still full price[/QUOTE]

Some guy apparently bought all 4 of the 12month live kits yesterday, just before I stopped by.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']Just returned from the Tri-County Sears in Cincinnati and the lady said, "We had 5 Xbox 360s with the 250GB hard drive for $145. We sold all of them yesterday."

fuck! Anyway, everything else sucked as far as prices. I even had the lady scan some games that were clearanced on March 2nd - according to the sticker - and they still showed up as the same price in the system. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. Yesterday I called a store on my frequent stops list to ask about the Nintendo DSI XL. They said they had 1 left and the price was $110.00. I went there today during my lunch break. The sales guy said I should have been there yesterday because they clearanced a bunch out for $20 each. I told him I called and was told they only had 1 in stock for $110 but he didn't have a reply. The whole thing sounds very fishy to me. I was in there less than a week ago and they had no DSI XL systems in the glass display case. Maybe they had all these mystical units in the back stock room! They also had a box labeled Clearance "games $9.99 and under". Only a few crappy games were under $10 and I had the guy check some good games with his hand scanner. They were all at least $20. So apparently their signage means nothing. Of course, he was clueless about the prices! Talk about screwed up.

[quote name='danrowcotsky']Is there a reason my post from this morning was deleted? Am I breaking a rule I don't realize?[/QUOTE]

I called the Exton store today and spoke to the guy in electronics. He said almost everything is cleaned out with the exception of a couple games and some MOVE accessories. I asked him if he knew of any other Sears stores that might be having a similar Clearance Blowout but he said he only knew about his store. He also said they are a small Sears and didn't have the space for video game stuff. He said they were making room for the tablets they would be eventually selling.

lol wow looks like someone just bought all 5 copies of zelda ss for $2.00 at Bellflower, CA Sears. They had a new sign up when the store open "all clearance games w/ white tags in this box for $2". Yesterday it was 50% off.

P.S. I think one of the employees at this store might have took them. I kind of find it suspicious seeing this one employee ringing up/reading the back artwork clearance games by himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your employee has any interest in games or consoles you can forget about getting in on these blowout deals unless they decide to leave the scraps.

Can't you go in and buy what you want tonight, then price match the blowout prices tomorrow?

I called Sears tonight and after some switchboard screw-ups, got through to a lady who said they had one Xbox 360 with a 250GB hard drive for $40. Just one. I said OK and drove over there fast...

Only to find out that they had transferred me to the wrong store and I was now staring at an enclosure full of Xbox 360s and other hardware, all regular price.

I bought what I wanted (as I've been scoping hard on this deal and will be working tomorrow when the store opens) thinking that I have 14 days for the prices to drop. If not, I'll just return everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see it now. Black Friday type lines outside the store at 8am but they don't open till 10am. Everybody rushes in and grabs all gaming items off the shelf, run to the register just to find out it's all retail price.
Then the sales people don't know what to do cause they never get mobbed at black friday to begin with. :)

Everyone reporting in have had mixed results. There's no evidence that there is any Sears sale/discounting tomorrow and if there was that it would be nationwide. I can practically guarantee it won't be anywhere near me cause I don't have that luck.

So stay the hell away from any Sears in Ohio. You're wasting your time.;)

Edit: The employees would have to be idiots (or broke) to not buy/hide any good clearance to begin with. Anybody in electronics should know that if stuff is 90% you'd be able to flip it for profit somewhere or atleast hook up family/friends. Everybody gets Xbox 360's for xmas, including the family dog!

[quote name='juubei1i']I can see it now. Black Friday type lines outside the store at 8am but they don't open till 10am. Everybody rushes in and grabs all gaming items off the shelf, run to the register just to find out it's all retail price.
Then the sales people don't know what to do cause they never get mobbed at black friday to begin with. :)

Everyone reporting in have had mixed results. There's no evidence that there is any Sears sale/discounting tomorrow and if there was that it would be nationwide. I can practically guarantee it won't be anywhere near me cause I don't have that luck.

So stay the hell away from any Sears in Ohio. You're wasting your time.;)

Edit: The employees would have to be idiots (or broke) to not buy/hide any good clearance to begin with. Anybody in electronics should know that if stuff is 90% you'd be able to flip it for profit somewhere or atleast hook up family/friends. Everybody gets Xbox 360's for xmas, including the family dog![/QUOTE]
If this sale/clearance was going to be universal for once, then it might likely go by the standard clearance schedule for markdowns. That being the first Friday of the month, which would actually be September 7th since August 24st is this Friday. So it could possibly be 2 weeks from now for all we know.

Of course, knowing my luck they will drop everything tomorrow in the afternoon or evening sometime and I'll miss it completely.:roll: That's what happened when the did a blowout on most of the remaining older games that were clearanced. They put up a 75-80% off clearance sign on the dump bin and then one of the local game store owners and his one buddy cleaned them the fuck out.:roll:

You pre buyers are the ones who almost screwed me over with best buy sale recently. How about we take our chances tomorrow by walking in and seeing if there is a sale? I mean black friday is around the corner..

[quote name='maneo33']Can you order for in store pick up and tomorrow go in and either buy it or cancel?[/QUOTE]
No. These deals are strictly in store only, meaning you gotta go in and grab them and beat any crowds to get them.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I smell lots of disappointment and rage in this thread by the same time tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I predict there's gonna be a lot of people whose will skip the sale tomorrow morning because of the highly YMMV nature of it, only to find out that their stores did apply the discounts and everything sold out by noon.

Then we get to read them bitching about resellers/hoarders/flippers till Doomsday(or at least till a mod cleans it up). I'll be sitting here getting a lot of use out of THIS smiley:)roll:), that's for sure.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I predict there's gonna be a lot of people whose will skip the sale tomorrow morning because of the highly YMMV nature of it, only to find out that their stores did apply the discounts and everything sold out by noon.

Then we get to read them bitching about resellers/hoarders/flippers till Doomsday(or at least till a mod cleans it up). I'll be sitting here getting a lot of use out of THIS smiley:)roll:), that's for sure.;)[/QUOTE]

Well if this is bs we can always fall back on this email toysrus sent me..

"The Great Trade-In! 25% Off the Biggest Brands in Baby Gear! Plus 2-Day Sale"

Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.

Now, if this "nationwide clearance" was supposed to happen on 09/07 to follow the first Friday of the month pattern, or if was still pre-2011 Sears, it might be something to get excited over.

[quote name='sadakou']Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.

Now, if this "nationwide clearance" was supposed to happen on 09/07 to follow the first Friday of the month pattern, or if was still pre-2011 Sears, it might be something to get excited over.[/QUOTE]

I just go with my family when they go out... So no wasted gas here!!!

Sales like this are why I'm glad that the play area in the mall is right outside of Sears. Dragging my kids over just to run in and check sucks, but when they get to play for a bit it's not so bad. I'll definitely be heading over tomorrow because who knows? The deals some people are reporting are INSANE and definitely enough for me to round up the kids.

forgot to mention, I did ask the employee if they were closing down and he said "no, we're just switching things up trying to focus more on other electronics while getting rid of most our video game stuff. We're only going to really focus on just like new releases"

[quote name='Jack_Frost']forgot to mention, I did ask the employee if they were closing down and he said "no, we're just switching things up trying to focus more on other electronics while getting rid of most our video game stuff. We're only going to really focus on just like new releases"[/QUOTE]

The employee I talked to yesterday said they were going to be selling more PCs instead.

[quote name='mitch079']The employee I talked to yesterday said they were going to be selling more PCs instead.[/QUOTE]

Be an idiot to buy a pc from a place that may or may not be around in 2 years..

[quote name='sadakou']Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.

Now, if this "nationwide clearance" was supposed to happen on 09/07 to follow the first Friday of the month pattern, or if was still pre-2011 Sears, it might be something to get excited over.[/QUOTE]
:applause:I used to love getting shit at 90% off and having the employees jaws just drop when every game I'd pick out of the case would ring up like $1-5. They wouldn't have been so shocked though if they did their job and marked the stuff when the markdowns came down.

But if they did that then I'd have had to buy stuff at 40-50% off more than likely.:whistle2:#

[quote name='superhippy1986']Be an idiot to buy a pc from a place that may or may not be around in 2 years..[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking when I didn't pay attention to the touch screen PC that Kmart started selling a few years ago. It disappeared from the 1-2 stores here that had one on display without so much as even a mention on CAG of something like that hitting clearance.

I gotta wonder if they maybe stashed them in the back room and they're back there covered in dust. Now that would be a clearance score for the ages if you could get a $500-600 PC system for $50-60.;)

[quote name='mitch079']The employee I talked to yesterday said they were going to be selling more PCs instead.[/QUOTE]

Which is probably why they are currently getting rid of alot of video game related stuff. They also were messing with plantagrams when I was there. My local one is either closing or getting ready for a change(and closing later lol)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's what I was thinking when I didn't pay attention to the touch screen PC that Kmart started selling a few years ago. It disappeared from the 1-2 stores here that had one on display without so much as even a mention on CAG of something like that hitting clearance.

I gotta wonder if they maybe stashed them in the back room and they're back there covered in dust. Now that would be a clearance score for the ages if you could get a $500-600 PC system for $50-60.;)[/QUOTE]

You wouldn't find a clearance deal like that even if the world was about to end and it was black friday and xmas combined into one.

[quote name='sadakou']Funny how all it takes is ONE guy with a picture of his receipt to get everyone worked up like its the Best Buy Blowout 2.0 thread. People have been getting extremely YMMV 50-75% off games for months now, but as soon as consoles enter the picture everyone is ready to camp out. Hope you guys aren't spending too much on gas to get to Sears tomorrow, or have really competent store managers.[/QUOTE]

Well, the lady I spoke to on the phone today said she had ONE Xbox 360 250GB console back in the clearance area, and it was just $40. I don't know what store that was though because Sears' stupid phone system could have transferred me to any store in the U.S. When I got to my store, they had a bunch of stock all at regular price.

I have to think the prices are coming down. Why they're dropping at different times for different places, I don't know.

[quote name='superhippy1986']You wouldn't find a clearance deal like that even if the world was about to end and it was black friday and xmas combined into one.[/QUOTE]
Never say never. So far I've found a $50 PS2, a $15 PSone/LCD combo, shitloads of pennied game guides and so many other clearance deals since joining CAG. I also got a 60gb PS3(albeit opened and without a controller) for $40. So it can happen to get a good deal.;)

BEFORE I joined CAG I would routinely check the local Kmart stores for clearanced games and picked up tons of stuff there too.:razz:

So never say never.:booty:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Never say never. So far I've found a $50 PS2, a $15 PSone/LCD combo, shitloads of pennied game guides and so many other clearance deals since joining CAG. I also got a 60gb PS3(albeit opened and without a controller) for $40. So it can happen to get a good deal.;)

BEFORE I joined CAG I would routinely check the local Kmart stores for clearanced games and picked up tons of stuff there too.:razz:

So never say never.:booty:[/QUOTE]
cool story brah

I remember my love of clearance happened when I bought Killzone 3 like new condition on amazon WITH amazon prime shipping for a penny.... I played it, beat it, all within a week and traded it to amazon for like $20 something in credit.

[quote name='Techman16']cool story brah[/QUOTE]
Thank you.;)
[quote name='superhippy1986']I remember my love of clearance happened when I bought Killzone 3 like new condition on amazon WITH amazon prime shipping for a penny.... I played it, beat it, all within a week and traded it to amazon for like $20 something in credit.[/QUOTE]
:bomb:Thanks for reminding me of the one truly insane deal I did NOT get in on.:whistle2:# That's what I get for watching tv on a Saturday night instead of surfing to CAG like usual.

Well I had a chance that same day to get LA Noire for the same price but I forgot why I was an idiot and deleted it from my cart... IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!!!!! I mean its an awfully boring game but for a penny.... Who cares... WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT IN QUESTION!!!!!!!!!

Lol I remember that night, i was too busy watching some anime to refresh my CAG page, raged so hard after I saw what had went down.

Atleast i got in on a few of the other epic/short lived deals though....

Id gladly pay for anyone to pick me up some cheap clearance games. When at the store send me a list and well work a trade. I owe anyone who would do this alot.

You people and your hatred of BF3.... Sometimes I use a pistol and pretend I'm Jack Bauer...
Okay we need tomorrow to come because damn we got nothing to talk about till tomorrow!!!

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']Id gladly pay for anyone to pick me up some cheap clearance games. When at the store send me a list and well work a trade. I owe anyone who would do this alot.[/QUOTE]
:lol: Didn't you also expect people who got in on the $15 PS+ cards from Target to sell you one for $20? So someone else does all the running around to grab everything for you and you offer next to nothing for time/gas? I'll pass.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: Didn't you also expect people who got in on the $15 PS+ cards from Target to sell you one for $20? So someone else does all the running around to grab everything for you and you offer next to nothing for time/gas? I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a grumpy daddy..... But I agree.

bread's done
Back