Official Sears Clearance Thread II - post Sears finds/deals here

[quote name='warmsignal']Talked to a guy we know who works at Sears, the employees him included get first and thorough pickings on all clearance games, before they even bring them out to the public. Probably the case at most of the stores. He admitted they'd "already cleaned them out", before putting anything out.[/QUOTE]
The one here admitted to not even checking the clearance bin after I found Web of Shadows for 4.97

[quote name='confoosious']Which version of Uno?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, DS.

I'm gonna head back today and see if i can do a price adjustment on MPT that I picked up last month. Anyone have any problems with that or do I have to do that return/rebuy method?

well just got back from sears

picked up the last copy of MPT bet that damn clerk took the other copy. dont know why but i picked up WET x360 for 19.97 also price scan a few game and was disappointed

Animal crossing Folk ... not 4.97 it scan 49.99
GOW2 scanned 49.99
Fallout 3 goty scanned 39.99

[quote name='llcooljunr']Sorry, DS.

I'm gonna head back today and see if i can do a price adjustment on MPT that I picked up last month. Anyone have any problems with that or do I have to do that return/rebuy method?[/QUOTE]

I asked them the last time I was there....i think it's within the first 14 days you have the product.

Found another game that only rang up this way at one store I scanned it at so YMMV on it. Its the second game on the receipt (obviously)

PS3 - DC vs. Mortal Kombat - 2.97

sears.jpg

[quote name='xDerekRx']Found another game that only rang up this way at one store I scanned it at so YMMV on it. Its the second game on the receipt (obviously)

PS3 - DC vs. Mortal Kombat - 2.97

[/QUOTE]

Nice find. I already finished it 100% but I might pick up a copy so I can play with friends online. Nice other pickups too BTW ;)

[quote name='Devil May Cry']Nice find. I already finished it 100% but I might pick up a copy so I can play with friends online. Nice other pickups too BTW ;)[/QUOTE]

All the other pickups were fairly across the board. Except maybe NBA Live PSP which was 2.97 at most places... but MKvDC didnt ring up for me at a few other Sears. Maybe I can make a scan of the receipt in case some one wants to attempt a price match.

[quote name='nakanenui']Does anyone else open their games right away to make sure they are not reseals? After my buddy opened his birthday copy of bioshock 2 and found a CD-R disc instead of the game, I tend to lean towards opening them up once Im done paying to make sure, and have a witness just in case. Unless its a game I bought on a whim and may end up returning, I guess thats my new policy.[/QUOTE]

Many of these games I keep sealed until I plan on playing them, but I also keep the receipts right in the same bag with them so I can just return them at 90 days or whatever so I'm not stuck with them if I decide I don't want them.

Of course, I also keep the receipts in the event I can't get a price adjustment(14 days)so I can just do a return/rebuy on the spot.:D

[quote name='josh62488']I asked them the last time I was there....i think it's within the first 14 days you have the product.[/QUOTE]

DO NOT answer if you do not know?
and again, you are incorrect.

Check your receipt, return time frame is printed right on it.
It's at least 30 days. Clearance adjustments are YMMV

One of the CSR recognized me from going there a couple of times and hooked me up with a quick view of the clearance list. Turns out, he's a fellow CAG. I got the following games for the PS3.

Hot Shots Golf $4.97
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 $19.97
Nascar 09 $2.97
Fight Night Round 3 $1.97

[quote name='josh62488']I asked them the last time I was there....i think it's within the first 14 days you have the product.[/QUOTE]

Pulease...stop answering questions with the wrong info.

Returns are 30 days and it's printed right on the bottom of the frickin receipt.

Clearance adjustments are YYMV.

PS3 Lego Complete Saga $9.97
360 Bioshock $9.97

[quote name='donut']
Pulease...stop answering questions with the wrong info.
Returns are 30 days and it's printed right on the bottom of the frickin receipt.

Clearance adjustments are YYMV.[/QUOTE]

What's funniest though is that the bottom of the receipt says 90 days and gives a concrete date of 3 months from the date of purchase, but I just noticed that it's only 30 days. Unfortunately, that means my receipt for the first copy of FO3GOTY for PS3 is gonna be invalid in a week or less.

I guess it's time to do a return/rebuy for real this time and lengthen my return period so I can adjust again next month.:D

Well, I was lucky to get a price adjustment on :ps3: Fallout 3: GOTY today, saving $10.

My store still had a price of $29.97 for :wii: Metroid Prime Trilogy, so same price as last month, thus no price match. Same with :ps3: Silent Hill Homecoming at $14.97.

I also picked up:

:ps3: Lego Rock Band $19.97
:ps3: Guitar Hero World Tour $19.97
:ps3: Wet $19.97
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $19.97
:ps3: Dirt 2 $19.97
:wii: Dead Space Extraction $14.97

Just got back from getting a price adjustment for Metroid Prime Trilogy (bought 2/26 for $29.xx, got $10.xx back on my cc). Took a scan list with me; saw 2 copies of Hot Shots Golf PS3 $4.xx (will probably wait to see if it goes lower) and Singstar Vol 2 bundle PS3 $14.xx (not too interested in it but the wife might be, should last till another round of price drops since both the shelf tag and the sticker on the bundle said $59.xx, and there were three copies of it left). Also picked up an Uno DS for $2.xx (figured for that cheap why not).

Well, couldn't find an Uno DS but I did grab a hot shots golf. Thanks guys.

I also picked up Wario Land Shake It but I will probably return it. I already have a semi ratty copy and I'm not really sure why I needed a new one.

Couldn't really find any of the games I wanted, but I did see copies of Motorstorm 2: Pacific Rift for $19.99.

picked up in fort wayne

Deal or no deal Ds 2.97
Spiderman Psp 2.97
spiderman web PSP 2.97

NBA inside 2009 PS3 2.97

and biggest grab

ANIMAL CROSSING WII 4.97 now all i need is a wii : )

picked up 7 games Worker only charged me for 5.. so i went back to another worker and had them ring up the other 2.

picked up extra copy of Spiderman web and NBA 09 inside for trades here if anyone wants them

Does Sears usually have their video games around the electronic section? If so my local Sears has no video games.

Today I picked up:
Tony Hawks Proving ground PS3 $2.97
PS3 Tiger woods pga tour 09 $3.97
Ps3 Hot shots golf out of bounds $4.97
Xbox360 TNA Impact! $4.97

[quote name='mitnosi']Does Sears usually have their video games around the electronic section? If so my local Sears has no video games.[/QUOTE]

Yes. Every Sears I've been to has a slightly different layout but the video games are always near the electronics/tvs/appliances. And there are some Sears that have zero video games.

I'm jealous of all you CAGs that managed to get a copy of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for $20; I've been wanting to get a good deal on that game for a while. I scoured both of the Sears in my area, and neither store had a copy :(

Tried a return/rebuy today, clerk said I couldn't get it right away and I'd have to wait 24 hours. This happened last time at another store as well (want to say BlockBuster). Having terrible luck :cry:

Found a DDR3 bundle for the 360 for $1.97. It was on the floor with a zero value: return to vendor sticker, but they rang it up and sent me on my way. Sweet!

[quote name='slidecage']picked up in fort wayne

Deal or no deal Ds 2.97
Spiderman Psp 2.97
spiderman web PSP 2.97

NBA inside 2009 PS3 2.97

and biggest grab

ANIMAL CROSSING WII 4.97 now all i need is a wii : )

picked up 7 games Worker only charged me for 5.. so i went back to another worker and had them ring up the other 2.

picked up extra copy of Spiderman web and NBA 09 inside for trades here if anyone wants them[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='pulsar0510']Found a DDR3 bundle for the 360 for $1.97. It was on the floor with a zero value: return to vendor sticker, but they rang it up and sent me on my way. Sweet![/QUOTE]

when they scanned it was it 1.97 or did u have to talk them into that price?

im not sure how this works...OP says a zero value sticker means they can choose to sell it to you or not....but whats the trick?

there a couple of games with these zero value stickers that I want....is there a specific manager I can talk to about selling it to me?

Picked up Fight Night Round 3 (PS3) $3, NBA 09 (PS3) $3, Tony Hawk: Proving ground (PS3) $3, Ninja Gaiden Sigman 2 (PS3) $20, Excitebots Bundle (wii) $20 and Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) $20. Animal Crossing (wii) Still $50 :(

Went to a far-off Sears and found:

:360: Lips (2 mic bundle) - $4.97
:360: Stuntman: Ignition - $2.97
:ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 bundle - $2.97
:ps3: NBA 09 - $2.97

Found three MPT in my sears. Is there any chance of this game going down in price next month. Its still marked $49.99 and the games seem to stay there. Found two Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, two fallout GOTY and two Hotshots golf which I purchased straight away. Thanks to all who post on this thread for making me and a few friends happy gamers with some cash still in our pockets! :)

Damn all these deals! Making me drive an hour out of my way tomorrow to go to another Sears, probably to find nothing :p

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']Is that the original Lips or # 1 Hits? If it is the original, was this a while ago? I so need that one :hot: Lucky you~![/QUOTE]

Just got it on Friday, as reported by others it's a recent drop - original Lips with 2 Mics. I am actually looking forward to playing around with it!

Saw a few copies of Dead Space Extraction at my local Sears for $19.99. I decided to pass as i'm sure i'll be able to snag a copy for $10 somewhere in a few months.

Picked up at Sears in Roanoke, VA today.

All were PS3
Fallout 3 GOTY - $19.97 (2)
Dirt 2 - $19.97
NHL 09 - $2.97
FIFA 09 - $2.97
NBA Live 09 - $2.97
NBA 09 The Inside - $2.97

they also had Wet & Brutal Legend @ $19.97ea

[quote name='Josef']Went to a far-off Sears and found:

:360: Lips (2 mic bundle) - $4.97
:360: Stuntman: Ignition - $2.97
:ps3: Singstar Vol. 2 bundle - $2.97
:ps3: NBA 09 - $2.97[/QUOTE]

2 bucks a mic! nice score! especially the wireless ones...

[quote name='thecheapness']Tried a return/rebuy today, clerk said I couldn't get it right away and I'd have to wait 24 hours. This happened last time at another store as well (want to say BlockBuster). Having terrible luck :cry:[/QUOTE]

I've had great luck returning right before closing, and getting there in the morning to pick it up, different workers, most likely no one else has noticed it.

[quote name='lostdecoy']Just got it on Friday, as reported by others it's a recent drop - original Lips with 2 Mics. I am actually looking forward to playing around with it![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update... I am going to check out the local Sears tomorrow after work and see what I find. Lips: Number One Hits is fun so I hope the original is just as fun too. I can't seem to find Lips: Party Classics anywhere I ask about it though. Not at one of the many GameStops, Wal-mart or Game Crazy... I need to look around more.

I only managed to find Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $19.97, this is my very first find for Sears, usually I never manage to get anything from Sears. All of the Sears around my are at least 40 min. drive away, and in different direction, so if I want to hit all of the Sears in one day, I would waste a whole tank of gas. I just pick one sears and hope for luck, cause the amount of money I would waste on gas would cancel out he deal from the game. From the beginning of the post you guys can guess that I usually choose the wrong sears.

[quote name='MamoruNoHakkyou']Thanks for the update... I am going to check out the local Sears tomorrow after work and see what I find. Lips: Number One Hits is fun so I hope the original is just as fun too. I can't seem to find Lips: Party Classics anywhere I ask about it though. Not at one of the many GameStops, Wal-mart or Game Crazy... I need to look around more.[/QUOTE]

Good luck finding Party Classics. I got 1 of 2 copies that my GS got (they haven't restocked)... And, seemingly, no one else is getting copies, either...

Ferant, last month my sears had Fallout 3 GOTY (PS3) for 29.99. They had a few copies of it. All of the copies had the Pink February clearance sticker. All of the copies are now gone but that isn't the strange part. When I scanned my UPC sheet, last night, both the PS3 version and the 360 version rang up 59.99. Any thoughts on why that might be just in case a copy of the PS3 version resurfaces?

Also, I picked up Hot Shots golf last night. I was really pleased about that because I wanted a copy for my collection.

My 1st *minor* comment...but anyone in the palm beach area (Florida) the Boynton mall Sears has a few copies of FO: GOTY for 20, Singstar Vol. 2 for 14.97, HSG: OOB for 4.97, I didn't check for other titles as I was goin off of memory...

I bought Fallout 3 GOTY PS3 for $19.97 yesterday in Madison, Wis. It was behind the glass case, not with the clearance games. It did not have a price sticker anywhere on it.

If anyone lives next to a CEX store (exchange store), Spiderman Web of Shadows trades in for 22 dollars credit, which is awesome considering it costs 2.97 at Sears.

[quote name='jedifrog21']My Sears never has anything anymore. I think I'm going to get a job there just so I can get first dibs when stuff comes in[/QUOTE]

Be sure to fill us in on the deals, too...after you've gotten your share first, of course :cool:.

[quote name='josh62488']when they scanned it was it 1.97 or did u have to talk them into that price?

im not sure how this works...OP says a zero value sticker means they can choose to sell it to you or not....but whats the trick?

there a couple of games with these zero value stickers that I want....is there a specific manager I can talk to about selling it to me?[/QUOTE]
Guy who scanned it gave me the price, but I had to go to another person to be rung up. It came up $1.97 the second time too. I decided not to tempt fate a second time and removed the zero value stiker while walking between the 2 associates.

bread's done
Back